3 July 2019

Britt hurries to Llwyncelyn 
Britt hurries from the flat, with Colin in hot pursuit;  
"Let's just talk, Britt!"
he urges her to stop and talk, but she angrily replies, “I’ve got nothing to say to you, Colin!   You’ve just been lying to my face for weeks – 
"Why should I listen to anything you have to say?"
“why should I listen to anything you have to say?”
She barges past Rhys on her way along the street
She walks off along the village street, and Rhys enquires if everything is all right, but Colin simply follows Britt.   
Hywel is about to go in his front door
Then Rhys sees his father, about to go into his front door, and calls to him;  “Can I have a word?   It’s time we sorted this out like adults.”
"Going to hospital for an operation!"
Hywel replies that he has things to do, and Rhys wonders what is more important than talking to him.   “Going to hospital for an operation,” he is told, and wants to know why his father did not mention it.   
The door is slammed in Rhys' face
As he offers to take his father to the hospital, the door is unceremoniously closed in his face.
Aaron is looking forward to this meal
Gaynor brings Aaron sausages, beans and chips, praising him for doing really well in court;  as he gets stuck into the meal, there is a knock at the door, 
"Where is he?"
and Britt bursts her way in.   “Where is he?” she demands, “I know he’s here!”
"Mam, what are you doing here?"
Aaron is surprised to see her;  “Mam, what are you doing here?” he says, 
"I'm so pleased to see you, Aaron!"
as he runs to her and hugs her.   She is so pleased to see him.
Rhys is feeling very sorry for himself
At Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys complains to Ffion that he cannot believe how his father treated him;  
"Going for an op without a word!"
“Going for an op without saying a word!”   She points out that it is only a small operation on his knee, but he moans, “Something could still go wrong.”   
"Go to see him when he's recovering"
Ffion advises that he should go to see his father when he is recovering;  “If he’s stuck in bed, he’ll have to listen to you!”   
"I'm going to insist on taking him to the hospital!"
However, Rhys’ mind is made up that he is going over there now to insist that he takes Hywel to the hospital.   She wonders if that is a good idea – upsetting his father before he goes in;  
"At least, let me come with you"
“At least, let me come with you – he might be easier to deal with then.”   Rhys considers it better that he goes on his own.
"I'm so proud of you, going to court"
Britt asks Aaron how he is;  “I am so proud of you – going to court today and giving evidence.”   He is sorry that he did not come to visit her, but she insists there is no need to apologise, stressing, 
"It's not easy, visiting a sick person"
“It’s not easy visiting a sick person, especially your mother – and you needed a break, you know.   You did everything for me while Colin was in prison, didn’t you?”
"I did it because I wanted to"
Aaron stresses that he did it because he wanted to, but now his mother wants him to be happy;  “Going out, enjoying yourself, having fun, playing football – instead of worrying about me all the time.   And if that means we have to live apart for a while, I’ll have to accept that, OK?   
"You come first, every time"
“Because you come first, every time.”
"You should have been honest with her from the start"
In the kitchen Gaynor reprimands Colin for not being honest with Britt from the start;  “You should have followed the doctor’s advice, instead of thinking you know best.”   
"Was that the front door?"
Then they hear the sound of the front door, 
Aaron is on his own again
and discover that Aaron is on his own – his mother has gone.   Again Colin goes in pursuit.
"I'll take you to the hospital, Dad"
Hywel is about to get into a taxi, but Rhys pleads that he will take him to the hospital;  “I don’t want you to – 
"I'd rather go on my own!"
“I’d rather go on my own!” growls his father, “Esther is being looked after – you don’t have to worry about that.”
Rhys says that he is worried about his father, 
"We both know that's not true!"
but receives the reply, “We both know that’s not true!” as Hywel gets into the taxi and it drives away.   
Ffion watches from the other side of the road
Ffion has been watching from the other side of the road, by the chip shop.
Colin is looking for Britt 
Colin comes round the corner and asks if Rhys has seen Britt, 
"Sorry, Col, I haven't seen her"
but neither he or Ffion can help him, and he does not know where to turn, but heads towards the chippy flat.
Rhys is ignoring Ffion 
When Ffion asks if Rhys is OK, he walks away without answering
Britt has gone back to the flat
Colin finds that Britt has returned to the flat and is looking confused;  she cannot understand why Colin is so upset.   
"I was so wrong, Britt!"
He tells her, “I was wrong – I was so wrong for not telling you the truth – wrong for thinking I knew better than the doctors.   Everybody insisted I should talk to you . . .”
"Everybody knew what was going on, apart from me"
Britt interrupts, “Yes, and everybody knew what was going on, apart from me – 
"I feel let down, Col"
I feel let down, Col – not just by you, but by Dani and Garry, too.”   
"I'm the one to blame"
Colin insists that she should blame no-one else, as he was the one who said no one should talk to her;  he was trying to protect her.   
"I'm going for a lie-down"
She decides that she is going for a lie down now, as she feels tired.
A letter is puzzling Gwyneth . . . 
When Cassie arrives at number 9, she finds Gwyneth looking puzzled at a letter which has arrived;  “Are you looking for money?” Cassie asks, but Gwyneth is trying to work out what it is, 
. . . addressed to Cassandra Auburn
pointing out it is for some Cassandra Auburn, and wondering if it is anything to do with Cassie, as the two names are similar.
Cassie denies all knowledge . . .
“It’s odd we’ve started to receive her post all of a sudden – and I don’t remember anyone of that name ever living here,” she continues.   
. . . and says she will return it to sender
Cassie says that she will put it back into the postbox to return it to the sender.
"This is a work matter, Ffion"
Gaynor pays a visit to Ffion, alleging that she is there on a work matter;  “There’s a rumour that a pupil came here for a party and was drinking.”   
"There was no party, and no-one was drinking"
Ffion confirms that Tesni was there, but there was no party, and no-one was drinking.   
"It isn't sensible to have a pupil here"
“It isn’t sensible to have a pupil here, you know that,” lectures Gaynor, “Some parents are unhappy with your behaviour – 
"Your boyfriend isn't much older than the children"
“your boyfriend isn’t much older than some of their children.”
Ffion points out that her personal life is nothing to do with her work, but she is told that it is impossible to separate the two.   
"You're using this to pick on me!"
“You’re just using this to pick on me!” Ffion exclaims, 
She is told she should have rejected Rhys
but is informed she should have rejected Rhys, as now she has created such a mess for Hywel.
"Ah, so that's what your problem is!"
“Ah, so that’s what your problem is – you think Hywel’s been cheated,” replies Ffion, but Gaynor maintains that she has shattered his world.   Ffion announces that she has things to do;  “And Aaron will be wondering where you are.”
"I am helping Colin and Britt"
Gaynor is quick to point out that she is helping Colin and Britt, and only for today.   “Let’s hope the parents understand that,” comments Ffion, 
"The last thing you want is for people to start talking!"
“The last thing you want is for people to start talking!”   This has the desired effect, as Gaynor turns and leaves the flat without another word.
Cassie is again working on the laptop
Gwyneth come downstairs, and when Cassie abruptly closes the laptop, remarks, “I can’t believe you’re on that again – 
"You're like a teenager on their phone"
“you’re like a teenager on their phone.”   She replies that she was sending an e-mail to Mai, and is told, “She’ll get fed up – you’re sending her stuff all the time.”
“I miss her,” says Cassie, “You’ll be the same with Gwern, you’ll see.”   She refuses a cup of tea, 
Cassie goes upstairs to change
as she must go to start work at the Deri.   
About to put a bottle in the bin, Gwyneth notices . . . 
Gwyneth is about to put an empty bottle in the bin 
. . . the empty envelope . . .
when she notices the envelope there, addressed to Cassandra Auburn, but now it is empty;  
. . . and the mystery deepens
she wonders what is going on.
Ffion cannot get through to Rhys
At Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys refuses to talk to Ffion, who demands why he ignored her earlier;  “I don’t want to talk about it!” he replies, and she can see that it is connected with his argument with his father.   
"I followed him to the hospital . . ."
He grudgingly informs her, “If you must know, I followed him to the hospital – and he wouldn’t talk to me – all he said was that I should go home, 
". . . and he threatened to have me thrown out!"
“and he threatened to call security to throw me out!”
Ffion wants to know how he got to the hospital;  he replies that he was in a rush, and there were no taxis.   
"You took my car?"
“So you took my car?   You’re not insured!”   He alleges that she is just worried about the car, but she demands, “What if you’d had an accident?”
Rhys tells her that he does not care;  
"I'm starting to think I've made the biggest mistake of my life!"
“I’ve lost everything to be with you – you’re not trying to understand what I’m going through.   I’m starting to think I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life!”
"You're not the only one with problems, Rhys"
Ffion knows that he is worried about his father, but reminds him that he is not the only one here with problems.   He disparagingly suggests she has a couple of blisters after going for a run, but she exclaims, 
"Because Tesni had been here – thanks to you!"
“If you must know, Gaynor called round and wiped the floor with me because Tesni had been here – thanks to you!”
“Isn’t life hard?” he sneers, and walks out of the flat.
"I understand why you kept quiet about Aaron"
When Britt returns from her room, Colin is looking depressed;  she tells him, “I do understand why you kept quiet about Aaron, you know – 
"You should have told me, so I could try to understand"
“it hasn’t been easy for him, with everything.   The boy needs time to clear his head – time away from me.   But Col, you should have told me, so I could try to understand.”
"I was scared you would be ill again"
He assures her that he did not want to hurt her;  “Like I said, I was scared that you would be ill again,” and she apreciates that, but if they are going to move on and learn to live with her condition, 
"We must be honest with each other"
they have to listen to what the doctors say – and be honest with each other.
"From now on, that's what I'm going to do"
Colin is adamant that, from now on, he will do just that.   
"We're starting to sound like adults!"
Britt comments, “Look at us two – we’re starting to sound like adults – how did that happen?”   
Things seem to be getting back to normal
She joins him on the sofa, and they cuddle.
Aaron refuses more chocolate icecream . . .
Gaynor offers Aaron some more chocolate ice cream, but he refuses, 
. . . and is not in the mood for a film
and neither is he in the mood to watch a film;  
"Your mother is improving, that's obvious"
she says, “Your mother is improving, that’s obvious, and she was very pleased to see you today, wasn’t she?   Things will settle down and go back to how they were.”
"I shouldn't have gone to stay with Uncle Garry"
Aaron regrets that he left her and went to stay with Uncle Garry, but Gaynor assures him that he needed a break to concentrate on his school work.   
"Colin is doing his best for her"
“Colin is doing his best for her,” she continues, 
"But Mam needs me!"
but Aaron maintains that his mother needs him.   “If that’s how you feel, perhaps you should move back home,” Gaynor suggests, “But only if you’re ready.”
"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"
Cassie is now ready to go to work at the Deri, but first, Gwyneth would like a word;  “I found this in the bin – are you going to tell me what’s going on?”   Cassie gives the excuse that she will be late, 
"Walk out now, and I'll pack your bags!"
but Gwyneth is insistent, “You walk out now, and I’ll pack your bags!”   
Cassie has little choice but to explain;  
"I'm Cassandra Auburn"
“All right, I’m Cassandra Auburn – I don’t want everyone to know – I’m doing a bit of work on the sly.”   Gwyneth is concerned that it is legal, 
"No, I'm not 'selling myself'!"
and Cassie is quite adamant that she is not ‘selling herself’.
Gwyneth demands to know what she is doing, but Cassie is very evasive;  “That’s my business – mine and nobody else’s!”   
This raises more questions than it answers . . .
She seizes the envelope and leaves the house, 
. . . and Gwyneth ponders her next move
with Gwyneth still puzzled.
"It's my place to support you . . ."
Rhys is sitting at the bar in the Deri, staring at the remains of his pint, when Ffion comes in.   She apologises to him;  “You’re obviously worried about your father, and it’s my place to support you – 
". . . that's why I'm willing to finish with you"
“that’s why I’m willing to finish with you.”
"What kind of support is that?"
He wonders what kind of support that is, and she explains, “This relationship is coming between you and Hywel.   If we weren’t together, the problem would disappear.”   
"I don't want to lose you"
Rhys does not want to lose Ffion, but she reminds him he does not want to lose his father either.
This is all too much for Rhys
Cassie arrives, apologising for her lateness;  seeing Rhys’ downcast expression, 
"Has the cat died?"
she enquires, “Has the cat died?”   
"Hywel's making things difficult"
Ffion explains that Hywel is making things difficult for them, but Rhys makes it clear he does not want a lecture from Cassie.
"I know Hywel Llywelyn very well, as it happens"
“Listen, your father has done a lot of worse things, so don’t let him ruin your relationship,’ she advises, “I know Hywel Llywelyn very well, as it happens, and he’ll come to his senses.”   
"I hope you're right"
Rhys hopes that she is right, and she confirms that she is always right.   She will buy them a drink.
"Look who's here, Britt!"
Britt is surprised and delighted when someone arrives at the chip shop flat;  “Look who’s here!” announces Colin, and Aaron comes in.
"I'd like to move back in, if that's OK"
“I’ve been thinking, and I’d like to move back in, if that’s OK,” he says, and Britt does not want him to do it because he thinks he has to.   He makes it quite clear, “I want to be with you!”   Colin hopes that Aaron wants to be with him as well, 
"If you stop singing at breakfast time"
and is told, “Well, if you stop singing at breakfast time, perhaps, yes!”
Gaynor, who has accompanied Aaron, has brought his bag from the Deri, 
"Thanks, Gaynor"
and he tells his mother that Mrs Llywelyn has been feeding him.   Britt is eager to go and put some clean sheets on his bed.
"Did you persuade him?"
Colin asks Gaynor if she persuaded him, but she replies, “He didn’t need any persuading.   Are things all right between you and Britt?”   
Colin is optimistic about the future
He tells her, with a smile, that he thinks they are.
Gwyneth carries out some investigations . . .
At number 9, Gwyneth is doing some research on the laptop;  
. . . on chwilota.com . . .
she enters the name of Cassandra Auburn in the chwilota.com search engine, 
. . . and discovers something shocking
and appears to be quite amazed by what she discovers.