2 July 2019

The tranquillity of the village is disturbed
Next morning the insistent sound of a burglar alarm disturbs everyone in the village;  Britt looks out anxiously from the chippy flat, and is becoming panic-stricken, demanding, “Col, what’s happening outside?”   He replies that it is the alarm at Tapas, and she is worried that there are burglars about.
"What if they break into the chip shop?"
“What if they break into the chip shop or come up here?” she demands, 
"That's not going to happen, Britt"
but Colin assures her that will not happen.   
"Why are you wearing a suit?"
Then she wonders why he is wearing a suit;  he tells her that Eileen has arranged for him to meet the shop’s new suppliers.   
"I'm glad she has some faith in you"
Britt is pleased that Eileen is showing some faith in him;  the buzzer sounds and Dani arrives.
"I don't need a babysitter"
“She’ll keep you company until I get back,” Colin says, but Britt protests that she does not need a babysitter, and decides that she is going to the toilet.   Colin explains to Dani that the burglar alarm has upset Britt, 
"I thought you'd mentioned the court case"
but she thought that he had mentioned the court case.   “I can’t,” he replies anxiously, but Dani reminds him that the doctor told him to be honest.
"Did Garry get my message about Aaron?"
“Did Garry get my message about dropping Aaron off at Llwyncelyn?” he asks, “I don’t want him around, in case Britt sees him.   
"Remember, not a word to Britt"
“Right, I’d better get going – remember, not a word to Britt.”
The door of Tapas is still secure
Gerwyn finds that the door of Tapas is still securely closed;  just then Anita and Siôn arrive, 
"Jaclyn locked up last night"
and Anita is quick to point out that Jaclyn locked up last night.   Gerwyn assumes that she pressed the wrong buttons;  
"She hasn't got a clue when it comes to that sort of thing"
“She hasn’t got a clue when it comes to that sort of thing.”   Anita whines that the last thing she needs is a burglary, and instructs Siôn to unlock the door.
Hywel is wandering round inside . . .
Inside, Hywel is staggering around, 
. . . and tries to hide
and tries to hide when he hears voices;  Anita is very relieved that everything seems all right, 
"Good morning!"
but then Hywel appears and wishes them, “Good morning!” 
Anita is somewhat astounded
much to her surprise.
She angrily demands what he is doing there;  “Have you broken in?” 
"I've been here all night"
and he admits that he has been there all night.   He explains that he went to the toilet, and when he came out there was no-one there.   
"Why didn't the alarm go off until this morning?"
Siôn wonders why the alarm did not go off until this morning.
Hywel confesses, “I may have fallen asleep for a while,” 
"You were in the toilet?"
and Anita is absolutely disgusted that he spent the night in the toilet.   “Yes, I’d had one too many to drink,” he goes on, and Siôn is surprised that he got drunk last night when he has an operation today.   It is pointed out that he is going to hospital today, but the operation is tomorrow.
"I should ban you for life!"
Anita demands that Siôn show him less sympathy, and is minded to ban Hywel for life;  Siôn urges her not to go overboard, but she rants, “Things like this give businesses a bad name!”   
"I haven't finished with you yet!"
Siôn tries to point out that Hywel is going through a bad time at the moment, and Hywel makes as hasty an exit as he is able, while Anita shouts, “Where are you going?   I haven’t finished with you yet!   He hasn’t apologised or anything!”
"How is Aaron?"
Colin arrives at Llwyncelyn to collect Aaron, and asks Izzy how he is;  “Quiet,” she replies, “How did Britt take the news?”   Her father tells her that he has not told Britt,
"I'm afraid to do that, Izzy"
because he is afraid to do so – afraid that it will push her back into that dark place.   
Izzy reminds him that she might find out from someone else, but Colin is naïvely confident that will not happen;  
"Dani will make sure no-one says a word"
“Dani is with her, and will make sure no-one says a word.”   Izzy knowingly points out that this is Cwmderi.
Aaron is all ready to go
Aaron comes downstairs, looking very smart, and is told that they will be meeting Garry outside the court.   
"You'll be speaking via a video link"
Colin reassures him that there is no need to worry, as he will be speaking via video link, and will not have to see Neville at all.   
"What if I say the wrong things?"
“What if I say the wrong things, or I can’t answer the questions?” Aaron frets, and Colin assures him that all he has to do is to tell the truth – 
"Just say exactly what happened"
“say exactly what happened, and everything will be all right.
"Are you going to get dressed today?"
In the chippy flat, Dani wonders if Britt is going to get dressed today, but she seems to be quite happy how she is.   Dani suggests that they could go out;  “We could go to Carmarthen for a bit of shopping and a spot of lunch.”   
"Sofa day today, Dan"
Britt would prefer to have a sofa day, 
"Some fresh air would do you good"
although Dani insists that some fresh air would do her good.   They look like ending up watching DVDs.
"You know – the bloke who's supposed to be my brother"
Britt asks how Garry is, and where he is today;  “You know, your husband – that bloke who’s meant to be my brother.   Just tell me the truth, Dani, I know what’s going on – he’s avoiding me – he can’t cope because I’m ill.   He’s always been the same!”   
"I never see him, either"
Dani insists that he is just busy, and she never sees him either.
Kelly manhandles the milk delivery . . .
Kelly comes into the café from the kitchen, carrying six four-pint bottles of milk;  
. . . and is reprimanded by Siôn 
Siôn, who is sitting nearby, reprimands her for carrying them.   “I’m pregnant, not ill, Siôn!” she protests, but he advises that she needs to be careful, especially in the early months.
"Have you swallowed Auntie Anita?"
Kelly exclaims, “Have you swallowed Auntie Anita?   You’re starting to sound exactly like her!”   He replies that they are both worried she is doing too much.
"I saw him come 'running' out!"
As they come into the café, Jaclyn is telling Gerwyn that she saw Hywel come running out, and is sure that there was no-one there when she locked up.   
"He was in the toilet"
He wonders if she checked under the tables, and then Siôn enlightens them that he was in the toilet.
"Who exactly are we talking about?"
Kelly wants to know exactly who they are talking about, 
"Hywel Llywelyn got locked in – all night!"
and Gerwyn gleefully replies, “Hywel Llywelyn got locked in Tapas – all night!”   Siôn warns them not to let Anita see them laughing, as she is livid.   
"I don't think I've ever had a 'lock-in' in a toilet!"
Gerwyn recalls, “I’ve done some silly things after I’ve been drinking, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a ‘lock-in’ in a toilet!”
At this point the door opens and Hywel staggers in;  Kelly informs him that they were just talking about him.   
"The toilet's over there, if you fancy a nap!"
Gerwyn helpfully points out, “The toilet’s over there, if you fancy a nap!” 
"This is all your fault!"
Hywel is blaming Jaclyn for the incident;  “You should have checked everywhere before locking up!”   
"It's not her fault you can't hold your beer!"
Gerwyn is adamant that it is not Jac’s fault that Hywel cannot hold his beer, but he still accuses her of making a fool of him.
"When I buy it, the first thing I'll do is sack you!"
When I buy the place, the first thing I’ll do is sack you!” he snarls, and angrily leaves the café, 
"Somebody doesn't sound entirely happy!"
as the others look at each other.
Izzy is promoting swimming for children
At Penrhewl, they are visited by Izzy, who is calling on behalf of Yr Antur;  “I want to talk about the new swimming club,” she says, “Lessons for children who haven’t started school yet.”   
"Huwi's a bit young for that sort of thing"
Jim considers that Huwi is a bit young for that sort of thing, but is told that it is never too early to learn.
Eileen is eager for Huwi to enrol, 
"You'll have to put Jim's name down"
but adds, “You’ll have to put Jim’s name down – it will give him a chance to spend more time with Huwi – and give me some peace.”   
Jim is not in favour of this
Jim does not look in favour of this arrangement.
"Want to thump me, do you?"
Gerwyn visits Hywel at home;  “What do you want?   Want to thump me, do you?” is Hywel’s cordial welcome.   
"Actually I wanted to apologise"
Gerwyn stresses that he wanted to apologise;  he did not know Hywel was going in for an op until Siôn explained.   He suggests that they should go for a pint some time, if Hywel has anything he wants to get off his chest, 
"We'll see how things go after the op"
and is told that they will see how things go after the operation.
"No, I'm not going to sack her"
“You’re not going to sack Jac, are you?” Gerwyn enquires, and Hywel confirms that he is not.   “Good, I’m glad we understand each other – good luck with the knee,” Gerwyn goes on, 
"You won't need a doctor – but an undertaker!"
“Oh, one more thing – try it on with Jac again, and you won’t need a doctor – but an undertaker!”
Dani checks how the case is going
At just after one o’clock, Dani surreptitiously texts to ask how it is going at court;  
"Just checking Facebook"
she tells Britt that she was checking Facebook.   
"Be careful – you'll become an addict"
“You should be careful – you’ll become an addict!” Britt warns, “You’ll have to check it every five minutes to see what everyone else is doing.   Do you think Colin’s all right?   He’s been gone for ages – he should be finished by now – I’m going to phone him.”
"You mustn't disturb him, must you?"
Dani dissuades her, pointing out that today is important to him, and he should not be disturbed;  then she asks what they are having for lunch, 
"I'm not hungry"
but Britt is not hungry.   “Actually, I’m starving,” Dani tells her, 
"Go on, surprise me, Britt"
so Britt will go and cook something.   Dani receives an answer to her text, 
Dani receives a reply
advising that everything is going OK at the moment.
"Everyone will laugh at me!"
Jim protests, “Everyone will laugh at me – a man amongst all those women and their babies!”   
"Don't be so old-fashioned!"
Eileen tells him not to be so old-fashioned, as Iolo and Tyler will be there with Greta, and Garry might take Seren as well.   Jim’s mind is made up;  “I’m not going – and that’s the end of it!”
Eileen says that they will sort this out later, and she is taking Huwi for a nap.   
"You're very quiet"
Eifion has been listening, and admits to Jim that it is none of his business.   
"Anyone would think you can't swim"
“I think you’re protesting too much – if I didn’t know any better, I would think you can’t swim,” he remarks, 
"Keep your voice down"
and then deduces from Jim’s reaction that he is right.
Eifion finds this hilarious
“What are you laughing at?   It’s not funny!” growls Jim.
"I didn't know he was in the toilet"
At Tapas, Jaclyn says she did not know Hywel was in the toilet, so Anita angrily tells her, “That’s why you always need to check before you lock up!”   Jaclyn will know better next time, 
"It's obviously safer if I do everything myself!"
but Anita is adamant, “There won’t be a next time – because it’s obviously safer if I do everything myself!”
"I had a word with Hywel – your job's safe!"
Gerwyn comes in to advise Jaclyn that her job is safe;  “I had a word with Hywel.” Anita approaches, and Jaclyn is keen for him to get back to the garage.   
"Mind you don't lock anyone in!"
Anita warns him not to lock anyone in when he has finished there.
"You can take the little one when he or she is old enough"
Izzy is now distributing her leaflets in the café, and Siôn regards it as a good idea;  “Learning a new skill through the medium of Welsh.”   He tells Kelly, “You can take the little one when he or she is old enough.”
"You've been nursing that coffee for over an hour"
She asks him, “Another coffee?   You’ve been nursing that one for over an hour.”   He replies that he has already had three, so she suggests, “Something else then?   Because you’re obviously not going anywhere.   
"Did Auntie Anita give you orders to sit there?"
“Did Auntie Anita give you orders to sit there?”
He says that they are both worried about her, and with Ricky away, 
"Translation on toast?"
he can help out if it gets busy.   “OK, what are you going to cook – translation on toast?” she enquires.
"Hywel – what do you want?   A duvet?"
Again Hywel comes in, and Kelly greets him with, “Hywel!   What do you want – a duvet?”   He grimly requests a black coffee, and she advises, “You need a fry-up to nurse that hangover!”   
Hywel denies he has a hangover . . .
He replies that he does not have a hangover, which Siôn is pleased to hear, as he will not want his operation to be postponed again.
“It’s none of your business – in fact it’s nobody’s business,” Hywel snarls, and tells Kelly to forget the coffee.   
. . . and it is not long before he storms out again
“I don’t want to discuss last night or the operation – or my private life – with anyone, thank you!” and marches out.
"I'm losing customers because of you!"
Kelly complains to Siôn, “Great – not only are you hogging the table, but I’m losing customers because of you – nice one!”
The meal was too spicy for Dani
The meal which Britt prepared was rather too spicy for Dani’s liking;  “When I said surprise me, I didn’t mean burn my tongue off!” she exclaims.   
"That's how Colin and Aaron like it"
Britt thinks she may have put too many chilli flakes in it, but that is how Colin and Aaron like it.
Britt has turned on the radio – at just the wrong moment
Britt turns on the radio, just as the CwmFM news is beginning;  “At Swansea Crown Court, Neville McRoy has been sentenced to five years in prison for attempting to groom an underage boy on the Internet.   
They listen to the news of the court case
“Sentencing McRoy, the judge said this was a serious case and praised the boy’s bravery, after he gave evidence in court via video link.”
"At least, I know why Colin has been so long"
“At least I know why Colin has been so long,” says Britt 
Dani has no chance to explain 
and retires to her room before Dani can explain.
"What – persuade Eileen to go instead?"
At Penrhewl, Eifion thinks he has the answer to Jim’s problem, which Jim hopes will be to persuade Eileen to go instead.   
"No, I'll teach you to swim"
“No, I’ll teach you to swim,” Eifion says confidently, “I taught the boys – they swim like fish!”
"They're young – and not frightened of the water"
Jim protests that they are young – and are not frightened of the water, but Eifion maintains he is never too old to learn, and as soon as Jim has some time, they will go to the pool.
"He'll sleep even better when he starts swimming"
Eileen comes in with Huwi, after he has had a good sleep, and Eifion promises, “He’ll sleep even better when he starts swimming.”   Eileen says that she has got to persuade his father to go with him first, 
"I've already persuaded him"
and Eifion is confident that he has already done that;  
Jim does not appear enthusiastic
“Jim is looking forward to it, he alleges.
"Cheesecake for dinner"
Kelly returns to Y Felin with cheesecake for dinner;  she asks what time Iolo and Tyler are coming over, 
"I've cancelled the meal"
and is very disappointed to hear that Anita has cancelled the meal.   
"You could do with a quiet night"
“The thing is, I thought you could do with a quiet night,” Anita begins, “Put your feet up, and cwtch on the sofa.”
"I can't believe this!"
“I can’t believe this!” Kelly replies, and Siôn reminds her she has had a hard day in the café on her own.   
"You were there most of the day, spying"
“I wasn’t on my own, Siôn – you were there, spying most of the day!” she exclaims.   Anita tells her she is tired and needs a rest.
"I need a rest from you two!"
“Yes, I need a rest from you two, fussing all the time – I’ve had a really good day today – laughing, forgetting.   I was looking forward to laughing tonight, too.   Playing with Greta, listening to Iolo’s and Tyler’s ridiculous gossip – “I wanted a distraction tonight!”
"All right – I'll tell them it's back on!
Now Anita furiously shouts that she will phone them to say that it is back on.   Kelly squeals, 
"You're unbelievable, do you know that?"
“You’re unbelievable, do you know that?   Interfering in my decisions yesterday – interfering in my social life today!”   She stomps off upstairs.
"Here he is – the liar!"
Colin is back at the chippy flat;  “Here he is – the liar!” snarls Britt.   Dani explains that the news was on the radio;  
"I'm surprised you didn't take the batteries out!"
“I’m surprised you didn’t take the batteries out to stop me listening!” Britt goes on, and Dani leaves them to it.
"Everyone has been lying to me"
Britt rages, “Everyone has been lying to me – you said Aaron was on holiday, but he was in Swansea, giving evidence in court.   
"How does hiding the truth help me?"
“How does hiding the truth help me?   I thought I was hearing things!”
"I wanted to avoid you falling to pieces"
Colin says that he was trying to avoid this;  “You getting upset and falling to pieces – I had to think of Aaron and what’s best for him.”   
"I have a right to see him – where is he?"
She protests that she is his mother and has a right to see him, demanding where he is at the moment;  “You haven’t put him in a children’s home, have you?”
"He's at Llwyncelyn"
When Colin divulges that he is at Llwyncelyn, she is determined to go there immediately, 
"Look, Britt, let me explain first"
but he wants to explain first.   
"I don't want to throw you down those stairs!
“He’s my son!   Move, Colin, because I don’t want to throw you down those stairs!”   Colin wisely moves and she rushes off.