8 July 2019

Sara plays with Ifan
As Sara plays with Ifan, Jason is looking for vacancies on the laptop;  
"Advertising Sales Officer?"
“How about this – Advertising Sales Officer?”   
"You must be joking!"
She replies that he must be joking;  she does not want to see what it pays, and is not interested.   
"Experienced and Dynamic Marketing Executive"
Then he finds another one;  “Experienced and Dynamic Marketing Executive required for up and coming PR business.”
Sara points out that she knows nothing about corporate PR, but he seems to think it is exactly what she was doing at Awyr Iach.   
"You know what they mean by 'Dynamic', don't you?"
“You know what they mean by ‘dynamic’, don’t you?” Sara demands, “Working silly hours –  anyway, 
"They don't want someone like me, do they, Ifan?"
“they’re looking for young people, not someone like me.”   Jason is under the impression that she is young.
Sara is worried that she has not heard from Kelly, and wonders if she should go over there, but he is still insisting that she could do the job standing on her head.   She stresses that he would never see her, 
"I'm going to check on Kelly"
and decides that she will in fact go to check on Kelly;  “Can you take him to the park if I’m not back in time?”
As she leaves the house, 
"Mami's not old, is she?"
Jason tells Ifan, “Mami’s not old, is she?   Her confidence has just been knocked – 
"We'll sort it out – you and me"
“we’ll sort it out, won’t we, Ifan?   You and me.”
"Is the furniture included in the price?"
At Tapas, Hywel is asking Anita questions, including whether the furniture is included in the price, and she tells him to ask the auctioneer.   Jaclyn offers him a cup of coffee, 
"What's behind this wall?"
but then he wants to know what is behind the wall, and is told that there is a flat roof out there.    He suggests that it could it be knocked through, for a terrace, 
"Customers don't want to look out on people's back yards"
but Anita doubts that customers would want to look out on people’s back yards.   He envisages putting up a canopy and some pots of flowers, and confirms that he is serious about the place, adding, “For the right price!”   
"You have a team of experienced staff in place"
Jaclyn stresses that he has a team of experienced staff in place already;  “It would be nice to have a local owner, with ideas on how to attract new customers.   I have an idea for a private dining room to attract professional clients – you know where the toilets are . . .”
The toilets are still a sore spot with Hywel 
Reference to the toilets does not go down well with Hywel;  “Are you still making fun of me?” he growls, but she explains she was thinking of a spiral staircase just there.
Kelly is fast asleep . . .
Sara arrives at the café flat to find Kelly asleep on the sofa;  
. . . and is gently woken by Sara
when woken, she demands what time it is, 
"I should be in the café!"
and insists, “I should be in the café!”   
"Don't worry – Gwen's down there"
Sara reassures her that Gwen is down there.   “I’ve got orders to submit, and bills to pay!” Kelly exclaims, “I can’t believe I slept so long,” but is told that perhaps she should sleep a little longer, as it will do her and the baby good.
"I'm pregnant, not sick!"
“I'm pregnant, not sick!” Kelly groans, and as she is about to get up from the sofa, 
Then she catches sight of the box of ashes . . .
she sees the box she left on the table.   Quickly picking it up, she tells Sara, “Someone had to have them,” 
. . . and hides it in a cupboard
and hides the box away in the cupboard, then goes to get dressed.
"Don't shut me out like this, Dad!"
Hywel leaves Tapas, and approaching the Deri, comes face to face with Rhys, who begs his father not to shut him out like this;  “Please listen – Ffion and me, it just happened – 
"I didn't want to hurt you"
“I didn’t want to hurt you.”
"You didn't try to stop it!"
Hywel snarls, “You didn’t try to stop it!”   Rhys emphasises that now he and Ffion are together, 
"I really miss you and Esther"
he wants them to be friends again, as the situation is horrible.   He really misses his father and Esther.   
"You should have thought about that sooner!"
“You should have thought about that sooner,” Hywel replies, and returns home.
"Me and my big mouth!"
When Jaclyn walks into number 10, she is on the phone to Gerwyn;  “I put my foot in it with Hywel – me and my big mouth – why did I even mention the toilet?”   
"There's someone in the house!"
Then she hears a noise, and thinks there is an intruder in the house, 
It is only Dylan
but it is only Dylan.
She embraces her brother, and he asks how things are with her;  
"Hywel is buying Tapas!"
“Good, except for the fact that Hywel is buying Tapas,” she tells him, “I have to be on my best behaviour with him and Anita – and not lock either of them in the toilet!”   She says she will cook a special dinner for them, 
"I've got something to do . . ."
but Dylan has something to do first, 
". . . the early bird!"
describing himself as, “The early bird,” 
Jaclyn is puzzled
and walks off purposefully.
"What can I get my favourite Auntie?"
In the café, Kelly asks Anita, “What can I get my favourite Auntie?” and will bring her a cappuccino.   
"It's nice to see Kelly smiling again"
Anita joins Sara at a table and remarks that it is nice to see Kelly smiling again;  she thinks that the old Kelly is back, but Sara disagrees with this.   “There’s no comparison with how she was a few weeks ago,” Anita goes on.
"Did you know she's collected Ed's ashes?"
“She was asleep on the sofa when I went up earlier on – I don’t think she’s had a good night’s sleep,” says Sara, “Did you know that she had collected Ed’s ashes?   They’re upstairs – she probably didn’t want to upset you – 
"I don't think she wanted anyone to know"
“to be honest, I don’t think she wanted anyone to know.   
"Kelly's putting on a good act"
“No, she’s putting on a good act, but she’s still got a long way to go.”
"She gets plenty of support from Siôn and me!"
Anita huffily points out that she already knows this, as Kelly is her niece, and she gets plenty of support from her and Siôn.   
"You have too much time on your hands!"
“You have too much time on your hands, now that Awyr Iach is finished,” she snarls.   
"This is about Kelly, not me!"
Sara reminds her, “This is about Kelly, not me!” and leaves the café.   
"With extra chocolate on top!"
Kelly brings over the cappuccino, with extra chocolate on the top.
“You’re full of energy today – did you sleep well?” Anita enquires, 
"I slept like a log!"
and Kelly again replies, “Never better – like a log!”
Hywel tries to beat down the price
At Tapas, Hywel is meeting with the auctioneer;  “I can see damp in some walls – that will need to be treated,” but it is told that it has been taken into account in the asking price.   Then Hywel goes on about the location, being in a very small village.
"It's a very fair price"
“We’re aware of the market, and it’s a very fair price,” the auctioneer informs him.   At this point, Dylan arrives, hoping that he is not too late.   
"We're talking business here!"
Hywel is offended, and insist that they are talking business, but the auctioneer informs him that Mr Ellis has an appointment.
"It's all about the offer now"
Hywel protests that they have not finished yet, but is told that it is all about the offer now;  
"At the price you're asking?"
“At the price you’re asking?” demands Hywel, incredulously.
"I'm willing to offer 10% over the asking price"
Dylan is anxious not to step on anyone’s toes, but says, “I’m willing to offer 10% over the asking price for a quick sale.”   
"You can't do that!"
Hywel vehemently objects to this, but Dylan asks him why;  
"You won't even pay the asking price!"
“You won’t even pay the asking price!”   He assures the auctioneer, “I can transfer the money once everything’s signed.”
Hywel stresses that he has not had a chance to think, and is invited to make a higher offer, which of course he refuses to do, so the auctioneer will take Dylan’s details.   
Hywel is uncharacteristically speechless
Hywel is far from happy at being outbid.
"I can't believe it – the cheeky swine!"
Rhys is drinking in the Deri, when his father come in, muttering, “I can’t believe it – the cheeky swine!   Dylan Ellis has just bought Tapas from under my nose!”   Rhys did not even know he was going for it, 
"He'll regret crossing me!"
but Hywel furiously goes on, “He’ll regret crossing me, I can tell you!” 
"Double whisky for Dad, please"
and Rhys buys him a double whisky.
"I'm here now – what do you want to discuss?"
“Right, I’m here now – what do you want to discuss?” Hywel demands;  
Rhys places a hand on his father's shoulder
Rhys puts a hand on his father’s shoulder.
"Congratulations on your promotion!"
There is a knock at the door of number 10, and Jaclyn discovers it is her brother, and is puzzled when he congratulates her on her promotion;  
"You're the new manageress of Tapas!"
“You’re the new manageress of Tapas!”   He hands her some flowers, and informs her, “I’m the new owner – I offered more than Hywel – the quickest deal I’ve ever done!”
"I wouldn't invest if I couldn't see potential"
Jaclyn thought that he was not interested in Tapas, but he has been doing some research – he is an experienced businessman, and would not invest if he could not see potential.   
"With you in charge, I can't fail!"
“With you in charge, I can’t fail,” he tells his sister, but she replies she does not want to run the place.   “I’m offering you promotion – better pay,” he adds.
"I'm happy in the kitchen"
“I’ll take the raise, but I’m happy in the kitchen – thank you, but you’ll have to find another manager,” Jaclyn informs him, and goes to put the flowers in water.
Relations seem to be warming at last . . .
In the Deri, Hywel is at last actually talking to his son;  “You can’t make Esther do something she doesn’t want to,” he says, and Rhys thinks she caught the Llywelyn genes by osmosis.   
. . . that is, until Ffion joins them
Ffion comes in, notices the cordial conversation and asks if she can join in.
Rhys cannot wait to see Esther, and Ffion is sure that she will have missed him;  
"And whose fault is that?"
“And whose fault is that” mumbles Hywel, “You only think of yourself!”   
"That's not fair, Hywel!"
When she insists that is not fair, he continues,” Don’t talk to me about fairness – this isn’t a row in the school yard, Ffion – I wouldn’t expect you to understand!”   
Hywel angrily hobbles out
He gets up and angrily staggers out of the Deri.
“There’s no reasoning with him when he’s like that!” Ffion groans, 
"Why did you have to interfere?"
but Rhys maintains that they were getting somewhere before she turned up;  he wonders why she had to interfere, and he, too, leaves..
"I'm just keeping you company"
Anita is helping to clear up in the café, and says that she is keeping Kelly company;  
Sara said she saw the urn upstairs
“Sara was saying she saw the urn upstairs,” but is told that it is no big deal.   
"Us men aren't completely useless"
Kelly takes a cup of coffee to Jason, and he says, “I’m on Dadi duties – us men aren’t completely useless.”   She apologises for not coming to dinner, 
"You're welcome to come any time, Kelly"
and he tells her not to worry about it, but she is welcome to come any time.   “It’s important to make the most of your freedom while you can – 
"Like the walking dead"
“before long you’ll be like the rest of us – the walking dead!   You know – zombies.”   
This is rather inappropriate for Kelly
This does not go down well with Kelly, but he goes on, “Once that baby arrives, Kelly, life will change for ever.   But it’s worth it, isn’t it, boy?” he asks Ifan.
"One thing won't change – it will be Ed's baby"
“Well, one thing that won’t change – it will be Ed’s baby,” Kelly reminds him, “And when it grows up, it will be a constant reminder of Ed – it’s part of him – part of the man who tried . . . 
"Do you think someone's spirit stays here?"
“Jase, do you think someone’s spirit stays here – although they’ve, you know, they’ve gone, they’ve died – whatever?”
"I don't know"
Jason is not really sure, but she goes on, “I really feel his presence – his ashes are in the flat – 
"They're, like, really haunting me!"
“they’re, like, really haunting me!   And they’ll haunt me for ever if I don’t . . .”
"Everybody out now, please!"
Then she stands up and abruptly asks the customers to leave the café;  “Everybody out now, please – thank you!   
"You too, Auntie Neet!"
“You too, Auntie Neet!”   
Kelly closes the door . . .
She closes the door behind them 
. . . and rushes upstairs
and then rushes upstairs.
Ffion insistently calls for Hywel to open the door
Ffion is shouting through the letterbox of Hywel’s house, “I’m going to wait here until you answer the door!”   
He eventually capitulates
In the end he struggles to his feet and goes to open the door;  “I’ve got nothing to say to you,” he tells her, 
"Just listen to me for a second"
but she simply wants him to listen for a second.   
“Rhys is very upset – is that what you want?” she demands, 
"And this is my fault?"
and he replies that he did not realise this was his fault;  he and Rhys were getting on until she walked in.   
"It's your fault you can't forgive him!"
“It’s your fault that you can’t forgive him!” she emphasises, but he points out that someone has to apologise before being forgiven – 
"I have not heard any apology"
he has not heard an apology.
"We haven't done anything wrong"
“We haven’t done anything wrong,” Ffion maintains, “You and I weren’t even seeing each other, Hywel.”   
He says that she knew he had strong feelings for her;  
"You could have chosen someone other than my son!"
“And if you wanted a fling or some fun, you could have chosen someone other than my son!”   
"I would never hurt you deliberately, Hywel"
She assures him that she would never want to hurt him deliberately, 
'I can't stand looking at you any more!"
but he orders her to get out;  “I can’t stand looking at you any more!” 
The bitter, angry old man is left on his own
so she does as he requests.
"I've made my decision"
In the Deri, Jaclyn is on the phone;  “There’s no point going on about it – I’ve made my decision.   I’m really flattered, but I’m not doing it, no matter how much you ask.”
"Dylan is buying Tapas, and I don't want the manager's job"
She tells Jason, who has just come in, that Dylan is buying Tapas, and wants her to be the manager, but she does not want the job;  
"I've got enough on my plate"
“I want less stress – I have enough on my plate with Gerwyn and the kids.”
"Sara's out of work – would Dylan interview her?"
“Well, if you’re looking for a manager, Sara’s out of work,” says Jason, “She ran a restaurant in Australia for a while – do you think Dylan would give her an interview?”   
Jaclyn immediately texts him
Jaclyn agrees to send Dylan a text.
"I've got good news for you, Sara"
Then Sara comes in, and he announces he has some news for her;  “I might have got you an interview – Dylan has bought Tapas, and they’re looking for a manager.”
"What do you think you're doing?"
“What do you think you’re doing?” hisses Sara, “I don’t want your help to find a job – I don’t want you making decisions for me – it’s up to me if I want to try for the job!”   
"Jason misunderstood, that's all"
She explains to Jaclyn that Jason has misunderstood, and she is not interested in being manager;  
"Sorry, Jaclyn"
then she instructs Jason that they are going home.
Kelly is in tears . . .
Up in the café flat, Kelly is sobbing 
. . . as she takes the box . . .
as she takes the box from the cupboard and puts it into a bag;  
. . . and puts it in her bag . . .
she zips it up,
. . . takes the blanket from the sofa . . .
takes a blanket from the back of the sofa, 
. . . and leaves the flat
grabs her coat and leaves the flat.