19 July 2019

"About last night, Sara . . ."
Next morning, Sara is putting the advertising board outside Tapas when Dylan arrives;  “About last night – I’d like to talk . . .” he begins, 
Then Dylan gets a surprise
but is interrupted by the approach of a young lady.
"We should never have argued over something so small"
“Dylan,” she says, “Surprise!” and he is quite astonished to see Zöe, asking what she is doing in Cwmderi.   “I miss you – we should never have argued over something so small,” she goes on, “I don’t want to throw everything away.”
"This is not the place to talk"
He says that this is not the place to talk, and takes her upstairs to the restaurant;  
"Oh, that's what he's like, is it?"
Sara is not impressed.
"Guess who's opening a gym in Yr Antur"
In the café, Hywel’s mind seems to be elsewhere when Rhys comes in, boasting, “Guess who’s opening a gym in Yr Antur – yours truly!”   
"What do you want me to say?"
Hywel wonders what Rhys wants him to say, and walks away, quite disinterested.
Rhys was under the impression that things were starting to improve between them;  
"He's acting like he doesn't give a damn!"
“But today he’s acting like he doesn’t give a damn about me!”
Ricky thinks it is a great idea, opening a gym, and says that he will join.   
Ricky raises this BoyBand idea
Then he broaches the idea, “You know Mam and Dad are officially getting married in two weeks?   Gran wants me to set up a ‘BoyBand’ to sing at the ceremony – I was wondering whether you’d be willing to do it.”   
"You can't be serious!"
Rhys cannot believe that he is serious, but Ricky stresses that it would be a great surprise for Debbie and Mark.
Rhys does not even like singing, but Ricky insists that it will be a one-off and a bit of fun – and he has promised his Gran.   “That’s not my problem!” Rhys tells him, 
"Everyone else has agreed to do it"
but is told that everyone else has agreed to do it – Mathew, Iolo and Tyler – who Ricky alleges think it will be a mega-laugh.   
Rhys grudgingly agrees
This persuades Rhys to agree, but he reminds Ricky that he is owed a massive favour – and a cappuchino.
"I've been so stressed at work"
Zöe tells Dylan, “I’ve been so stressed at work – Marco and Pavlina’s wedding was the only thing keeping me going.   When you said you weren’t coming to Prague at the weekend . . .”   
"With Tapas and the other businesses . . ."
Dylan knows how much she was looking forward to it, but with Tapas and the other businesses, it was too much.
“The girls gave me a lecture – said I was being unreasonable.   I’m sorry!” she explains, and he is also sorry.   
"I'd like to get things back on track"
She would like to get things back on track – but only if he really wants to, 
"Of course that's what I want"
and he assures her that of course he does.
Zöe holds his hand . . .
As she holds his hand across the table, 
. . . as Sioned comes in . . .
a problem arises in the form of Sioned, who walks in, and is warned by Sara that Dylan is busy at the moment.   
. . . wanting to know who that is
Sioned wants to know who the girl is, but Sara is not sure.
"It's not convenient at the moment"
Dylan comes out and tells Sioned, “Can you come back later?   It’s not convenient at the moment,” 
"Right, I'll wait until you've finished"
but she intends to wait until he is finished, and asks for a black coffee.   
Dylan is speechless
Dylan is temporarily at a loss for words.
"I'd need to ask for time off work"
Mathew is not receptive to the suggestion;  “To sing at the wedding, I’d need to ask for time off work,” but Ricky points out that it would be no more than a couple of hours, and there would be a pint in it for him.   
"That's not much compensation"
“That’s not much compensation, is it?” Mathew grumbles, “And I haven’t even got a good voice – who’s going to teach us?”   
He sneers when Ricky says he will do it, and again stresses, “Everyone else has agreed – me – obviously, Rhys, Iolo and Tyler – they all want a bit of a laugh.”   
Now Mathew also grudgingly agrees
This has the desired effect, but Mathew is adamant he does not want to be Gary Barlow.
"Doesn't look like a business meeting to me!"
“It doesn’t look like a business meeting to me,” says Sioned, “Is something going on between you?”   When he says there is not, she continues, “Well, you won’t mind me going over to see her then.”   
"We're on a break"
Then he admits, “We’re on a break –  she came over this morning to sort things out.”   
"You didn't say you had a girlfriend!"
Sioned comments that he did not say he had a girlfriend, but he argues that he did not have one last night, repeating that they are on a break, and tries to get Sioned to go home, promising that he will come over and explain.
“You should have told me!” she snarls, “She should know how much of a dog you are!”   
"Don't do that, Sioned!"
He urges her not to do that, and maintains that he is sorry;  “Sorry that you got caught – you’re not sorry about anything else!   
"Why do I always choose the wrong men?"
“Why do I always choose the wrong men?” Sioned sighs, and storms off, 
"Who was that, Dylan?"
as Zöe comes towards him, and asks who that was.
"A client – wasn't it, Sara?"
Dylan lies that it was a client;  “Wasn’t it, Sara?” and she has little choice but to confirm this.   “She wanted to book a table for tomorrow night,” he goes on, 
"Why don't we go somewhere for the day?"
and then suggests that he and Zöe should go somewhere for the day, possibly Cardiff, as a little treat.   
"I shall be all right here"
Sara says that she will be all right at Tapas alone.
"Dylan is scum!"
Back at the shop flat, Sioned is in a foul mood, throwing a glass into the washing-up bowl;  “Dylan is scum!” she announces, but Mathew had formed a good impression of him;  she adds, “He slept with me last night, and he’s got a girlfriend!   He forgot to say anything about her until this morning.”   
DJ is becoming worried
DJ is looking worried about her, 
"He's just used me, hasn't he?"
as she sighs, “I really liked him as well – he’s just used me, hasn’t he?”
Mathew puts it to her that she may be going out too much, 
"What's that got to do with anything?"
but she demands, “What’s that got to do with anything?” and walks out of the room.   Both Mathew and DJ are concerned.
Tyler is on his way to meet Iolo
Tyler is on the phone to Iolo, “How long are you going to be?   I only have an hour for lunch – OK, I’ll see you in the café.”   
Ricky catches up with him
Ricky catches up with him, having been to APD for some black sacks, and wants a word with him and Iolo;  they head for the café,
"I've got a favour to ask"
as Ricky explains that he has a favour to ask.
Hywel is on his way to the cemetery
As Ffion comes out of Cysgod y Glyn, with some lilies, she sees Hywel, similarly equipped, and asks if he is also going to the cemetery;  
"It's hard to believe we lost her a year ago"
“It’s hard to believe that we lost her a year ago,” he says, “Mind you, no-one has said anything.”   
"I've lost a friend – and Gethin – and you!"
Ffion recalls that it has been a terrible year;  “I’ve lost a friend – and Gethin – and on top of that, you!”   
"And whose fault is that?"
He wonders whose fault that is, but she urges him not be like that, “Especially today!   Look, I know I’m not one of your favourite people at the moment, 
"At least, let me come to the grave with you"
“but would you at least let me come to the grave with you?   Sheryl meant a lot to both of us, didn’t she?”
He grudgingly agrees that they can put things to one side for today;  
"It doesn't mean I forgive you!"
“But it doesn’t mean I forgive you.”
"I have a right to go out!"
Sioned insists that she has a right to go out, and DJ agrees that she does, but points out that they are worried about her, as she is going out rather a lot.   
"Are you trying to block things out?"
Mathew wonders if she is behaving like this to block things out, after what happened to Ed and Angela.   DJ thinks she is not dealing with it very well.
“And what makes you experts?” she demands;  
"I've also lost someone"
DJ points out that he has also lost someone, and he did things that he regrets – but Sioned was there for him.   
"Stop lecturing me. DJ!"
She simply tells him to stop lecturing her, 
"Behaving like this isn't like you"
but he stresses, “Behaving like this isn’t like you – getting drunk and sleeping with strangers!”
“Who I sleep with has nothing to do with you!” Sioned growls, but DJ asks if she cannot see what she is doing.   “If I was a boy sleeping with girls, you’d think I was a real stud!” she rages, 
"You think I'm a slut with a problem!"
“Because I’m a woman, you think I’m a slut with a problem!   I’m just enjoying myself!   I’m going out on a Tinder date tonight, and I’m going to have a few drinks – I might get drunk, and if I want to sleep with someone, that’s what I’ll do!”
"That went well, didn't it?"
As she storms out of the room, Mathew and DJ look even more worried;  “That went well, didn’t it?” observes DJ.
"No children until September!"
Ffion is rejoicing that it is the end of term;  “No children until September, and no marking – or Gaynor hassling me!   Heaven!”   
Rhys is working on his business plan
Rhys takes no notice, as he is working on his business plan, and has a lot of ‘bumf’ for her to read.
“I saw Dad this morning, and when I told him I was opening a gym, he didn’t take any notice,” he moans, 
"Things were supposed to be better between us"
“Odd, considering things are supposed to be better between us!”   
"It's the anniversary of Sheryl's death"
Ffion reminds him of what day it is – Sheryl died a year ago, and she took some flowers to the cemetery with his father.
"A step in the right direction"
He is surprised that Hywel let her go with him, and wonders whether things are any better between them;  she describes it as a step in the right direction.   
"I can't believe I forgot about Sheryl!"
“I can’t believe that I forgot about Sheryl,” he groans, “No wonder Dad was off with me today.   
"I have to go over there"
“Poor Esther – I have to go over there.”
Ows – former barman at the Deri
In a nightclub, Sioned’s date (who bears a striking resemblance to Ows, the barman in the Deri three or four years ago) is telling her, “I went backpacking last year – Queenstown was awesome.   Anything goes there,” and he orders two bottles of cider, 
"Do you fancy a shot as well?"
asking whether she fancies a shot as well, and she agrees.   
They start on the alcohol
They down the shots, then get stuck into the cider.
There is a knock at Hywel's back door
Esther is colouring at the table when there is a knock at the back door;  
"I'm about to put Esther to bed"
it is Rhys, but Hywel says it is not convenient, as he is about to put Esther to bed. 
Rhys has brought Esther some sweets
Rhys has just brought her some sweets;  “She deserves a treat on such a difficult day,” he says, “I’m not staying, 
"Is it OK to take her out tomorrow?"
“but is it OK to take her out tomorrow?”   
Hywel tells him to come round about ten, and he leaves again.   
Hywel looks at photos of Sheryl
Hywel thinks about Sheryl, and looks at some photos of her.
In the Deri, Tyler is in a good mood, as the term has now finished, 
"I wish I could have the summer off"
and Mathew says he wishes he could have the summer off.   
"When are we rehearsing for this wedding, then?"
Rhys joins them, and asks when they are rehearsing for this wedding;  Mathew is surprised that Iolo and Tyler were so willing to take part, 
"We didn't want to let you and Rhys down"
but they reply that they did not want to let him and Rhys down.
"Ricky said you thought it would be a laugh"
“Ricky said this morning that you thought it would be a laugh,” says Rhys, 
"He didn't speak to us until lunchtime"
and then it is revealed that he did not speak to Iolo and Tyler until lunchtime.   
"We've been set up!"
They come to the realisation that they have been set up.
Sioned wants to enjoy herself
At the nightclub, with the loud music playing, Sioned says, “I just want to enjoy myself – I’m not looking for anything serious.”   Her friend, Ows, thinks exactly the same, wondering why people cannot just enjoy themselves, without getting too heavy.   
Sioned looks rather apprehensive
He takes her aside and get some tablets from his pocket;  Sioned looks rather apprehensive, and he asks, “Are you OK with this?”   
She suspects he is a drug dealer, 
"They make you feel amazing, honestly!"
but he says he just takes him when he is out, like everyone else – no big deal;  “They make you feel amazing, honest,” he assures her, 
Sioned takes one of the tablets
and she agrees to try one.
"I wasn't expecting to see you tonight"
Sara is packing up for the night at Tapas when Dylan returns;  she was not expecting to see him back tonight.   He says, “I’ve just taken Zöe home – I’m sorry about last night – you shouldn’t have – 
"I wasn't expecting you to walk in"
“well, I wasn’t expecting you to walk in.”
She replies that was quite obvious, and he thanks her for lying for him;  
"Who you sleep with is none of my business"
“Who you sleep with is none of my business, but I’m not going to make a habit of lying for you,” points out Sara, 
"Let's get that perfectly clear!"
“Let’s get that perfectly clear!”   She picks up her bag and leaves;  Dylan pours himself a stiff drink.
The drug seems to be be taking effect . . .
Sioned appears to be dancing with wild abandon to the loud insistent beat of the music;  
. . . as Sioned gyrates frantically 
the camera views her from all angles.   
"Shall we have another round?"
The four in the Deri are about to have another round 
Then they see Ricky coming in
when they see Ricky walking in;  Mathew informs him that they have a bone to pick with him.   
"You told us Mathew and Rhys were really keen!"
Iolo says, You told us that Mathew and Rhys were really keen to form this BoyBand – you lied, Ricky!”   
"Well, it may have been a little white lie"
He acknowledges that it may have been a little white lie, 
"We're not doing it, Ricky!"
but is told, quite emphatically, that they are not doing it.   Ricky reminds them that they promised, but it is pointed out to him that was before they found out he had lied.   
They turn their backs on him . . . 
They all with one accord turn their backs on him, 
. . . which puts Ricky in rather a tricky situation
and Ricky is at a loss to know what he is going to do now.   However, before he reaches the door, 
🎼 "A million love songs later!" 🎤
they turn and sing, “A million love songs later!”   He realises that they are willing do it, 
"Never lie to your mates again!"
but is warned never to lie to his mates again.
"I could do this all night!"
Losing all her inhibitions, Sioned enthuses, “This is amazing!   I could do this all night!” and says that she will be coming there again.   
He puts his number in her phone
Ows surreptitiously takes her phone and puts his number into it.
“If you want any more, just text this number,” he tells her, 
"I'm not going to text a dealer!"
but she replies that she is not going to text a dealer;  
"Just in case, then"
“Well, just in case, then,” he says.”