11 September 2019 (1st)

Fried eggs for Jim's breakfast
Eileen is frying eggs when Jim comes in, saying that he will have to fix a fence, as four sheep were on the road;  
"Do you want one egg or two?"
“Do you want one egg or two?” she asks, and when he says that one will be enough, gives him two anyway.
“Eifion can mend the fence,” she goes on, but Jim says he will not be around this afternoon;  he needs to go into town for some dogfood, and a dose for the sheep.  
"You can take Huwi with you"
“So you can take Huwi with you,” Eileen comments, but he tries to think up a good excuse why he should not do so, 
"That's not a suitable place for a child"
pointing out that it is not suitable place for a child, and he has a lot to do.
"I'm sure you can take him out for a couple of hours"
Eileen emphasises, “I’ve got a lot to do as well – I’m sure you can take him out for a couple of hours,” but he protests that he might be late, if he cannot find everything he needs.
"Some help would be nice, Jim!"
“I know I don’t leave the house to go to work – but I do work as well, and some help would be nice!” she snarls, 
Then she walks out
but he ignores her and she walks out of the room.
"I can't sleep, thinking about it!"
In the café, where Gwen appears to be having another day off, Mathew is telling Mark, “I can’t sleep, thinking about it!” 
"How long has Diane been doing exorcisms, then?"
and Mark wonders how long Diane has been doing exorcisms.   “Dai was there too – and he ran out, scared!” laughs Mathew.   Mark thinks that he will have to keep the picture for ever now, 
"I'm not spending the rest of my life looking at her backside!"
but Mathew is adamant, “I’m not spending the rest of my life looking at her backside!”
"You don't want to ruin the rest of your life either"
Mark reminds him that he does not want to ruin the rest of his life either, and Mathew reveals that he has done some research;  
"It could be worth thousands!"
“I think the painting is worth a lot of money, perhaps thousands!”
"If it were me, I'd sell the bally picture!"
Cassie has been listening to this conversation and advises, “If it were me, I’d sell the bally picture!”   Mathew mentions the curse, and she replies, “Life is hard enough, curse or not – you might as well be rich and face your problems!” 
Then Cassie leaves the café 
then she gets up and leaves.
Debbie makes a list of possible sponsors
Debbie has made a list of everybody who can sponsor the race;  “Perhaps we should go after large businesses – they’ve got more money!”   Ricky is playing a computer game, and informs her that she does not have to go to so much trouble.   
"I fancy some chocolate"
He goes to the cupboard as he fancies some chocolate, 
"All right, Mam, it doesn't matter"
but there is none, 
"I'll make you some cakes – with sprinkles!"
so Debbie volunteers to make some cakes instead, and will not listen to him when he says it is not necessary.
"I don't think I can stomach a cup of tea"
Jim goes to visit Brenda at number 10;  he checks to make sure no-one else is in the house, and does not think that he can stomach a cup of tea.   
"It's just a doctor's appointment"
Brenda asks if Eileen is going with him, and he replies that she does not know;  “There’s nothing to say – it’s just a doctors appointment.”
"Do you really think I'm suffering from depression?"
He is obviously very worried about it, and Brenda volunteers to accompany him, but is refused.   “Do you really think I’m suffering from depression?” he asks, 
"Well, you're not right, are you?"
so she points out that he has not been right, as he himself admitted.   
"I shall get told off for wasting their time!"
He anticipates that he will be told off for wasting their time, but she goes on, “It’s best to be sure, isn’t it?”
Gwyneth has quite a money-spinner there
Gwyneth is counting a large amount of money, contained in a brown paper bag, but rapidly hides it when Cassie comes back, 
"Actually, I'd prefer a gin!"
and Gwyneth insists on making her a cup of tea.   Cassie would actually prefer a gin, but is is told that it is rather early for that.
"I won't be able to come to the Writing Club"
Gwyneth will be unable to come to the writing club this evening, as she is busy, 
"I can hardly be bothered to go"
and Cassie admits that she can hardly be bothered to go herself;  “I’ve just had enough,” she groans, and is told that is the effect Cwmderi has on everyone.
“Your problems are the same wherever you go,” laments Cassie, and wants her charger from the same drawer into which the money went, so Gwyneth maintains that it is by the sofa, 
Gwyneth extricates the charger
and while Cassie looks there, recovers it from the drawer.   
"I don't know why I bother"
“I don’t know why I bother,” Cassie goes on.
Ricky is woken again
Debbie announces that the cakes will not be the same as usual, as she does not have any sprinkles;  Ricky is trying to get some sleep, 
"I was trying to sleep"
but grumbles that now his mother has woken him.   “What would you like instead – chocolate balls or raisins?   I think the healthy option . . .”
"Mam!"
Ricky stops her there, 
Debbie announces her cake-making to Mark . . .
and at the same moment Mark returns home, and learns that Debbie is making cakes, although she goes on that they will not be the same without sprinkles, 
. . . and must get sprinkles from the shop
so she decides to going to the shop to get some.
"Oh, the peace – I haven't had any all day!"
Ricky enjoys the silence, now that his mother has gone;  “I haven’t had any peace all day,” he sighs, 
"She only wants you to recover, Rick"
and Mark says that she only wants him to recover.   
He would rather be back in hospital
“Dad, I’m actually considering making myself worse, just to go back into hospital!” Ricky growls, 
"You'll be in college at the end of the month"
but his father points out he will be in college at the end of the month, and he will be left alone then.
“I can’t wait – please, you have to have a word with her!” begs Ricky,
Another attempt to sleep
and hopes he can get some more sleep.
Brenda watches for Jim's return
Brenda is watching anxiously from the window for Jim’s return;  he arrives, looking very upset, 
"He wants me to see a neurologist!"
and tells her, “The doctor doesn’t think it’s depression – he wants me to see a neurologist!   
"Something wrong with my brain!"
“He thinks there could be something wrong with my brain!”
Sioned prepares for a business meeting
Sioned is sorting out Cae Glas paperwork and tells Mathew she is going to a business meeting.   
"It's nice to see the old Sioned back!"
“Good – it’s nice to see the old Sioned back!” he says, but she emphasises it does not mean she has forgotten what she has done.   
"I'm trying to concentrate on the positives"
“I’m just trying to concentrate on the positives in my life,” she goes on, but he insists that he was only trying to be nice.   
"It's confidential"
“I can’t tell you about this meeting – it’s confidential,” she informs him, so he debates whether it might be connected with a strip club.
"You enjoyed that life drawing, didn't you?"
“No – but perhaps I should think about it – you enjoyed that life drawing!” she answers, and he is glad to see her smiling again.   
He is still very wary of that painting
She thanks him for being a good friend, but he looks anxiously behind him at that painting.
"What if it's a brain tumour?"
Jim is fretting, “What if it’s a brain tumour?” but Brenda points out that the doctor did not say that, and wonders when this appointment will be.   
He replies that it will not be for a few weeks, 
"If they were worried, you would have had an appointment today"
and she consoles him, “If they were worried, you would have had an appointment today.   You never know, perhaps the doctor noticed you were stupid 
"Perhaps they want to check there's a brain in there!"
“and he wants to check there’s a brain in there!   It’s a good job they’re checking everything.”   
He supposes that it is true, and had better leave for the farm, as there is a fence to fix.
“Remember to tell Eileen about the neurologist appointment – she’ll go with you,” Brenda urges him, 

"Eileen's got a lot on her plate"
but he says that she has a lot on her plate, and is sure it is nothing to worry about, anyway.
Ian the architect has been meeting with Sioned 
Eileen is working at the kitchen table when Sioned comes in with a stranger, who she introduces as Ian, an architect.   
"Bye – thanks for coming!"
She thanks him for coming, and he will be in touch.   Then she reveals to her mother what it is all about;  
"Ian is going to draw up some plans for me . . ."
“We always said we wanted to develop things, and Ian is going to draw up some plans for me – 
". . . for a shop and café"
“a shop and café.”
"Jim said no!"
Eileen reminds her that Jim said no, but Sioned takes no notice, 
"It's changed the way I see myself"
telling her mother, “I’ve just finished this amazing book –‘Free Your Mind and Your Soul will Follow’.   With that and the course I did over the weekend, it’s changed the way I think and the way I see myself.”
"That doesn't mean Jim's changed his mind!"
Eileen is pleased to hear her talking like this;  “But that doesn’t mean Jim’s changed his mind!”   Sioned continues about all the mindfulness stuff she has learned, and wants to demonstrate to her mother.
She persuades Eileen to try some 'mindfulness'
As they stand with arms outstretched and breathing deeply, 
"What are they doing in there?"
Jim comes into the farmhouse and wonders what on earth they are doing.   
"Sioned's teaching me to be more mindful"
“Sioned’s teaching me to be more mindful,” Eileen tells him.
"I had a chat with that bloke Ian"
Jim advises them, “I had a chat with that Ian bloke out the front – he’s got a lot of ideas – the café, a shop, and he said that is only the start.”   
"I wanted to show what I planned to do"
Sioned simply wanted to show him what she planned to do.   
"Wasn't I clear enough?   No means no!"
“Wasn’t I clear enough last week, then?” he demands, “No means no!”
"What's my rôle in the business, then?"
“But if I can’t develop things here, what’s my rôle in the business?” she enquires.   
"Perhaps we ought to have that discussion"
He considers that perhaps they should have that discussion.   “I was just trying to do something positive,” Sioned argues, 
"Well, do it with someone else's business, then!"
and he tells her to go and do it with someone else’s business, so she picks up her paperwork and leaves.
They are summoned by Huwi
Then Huwi can be heard crying upstairs, but Jim refuses to go to him, 
"Thanks a lot, Jim!"
as he has to feed the animals.
There are no messages on Cassie's phone
Cassie comes downstairs and is disturbed to see there are no messages on her phone;  Brenda comes visiting and remarks that Cassie does not look very well.   
"I feel much better now you're here!"
“Thanks, Brenda, I feel much better now that you’re here!” she says.
Brenda want to go on a Writing Club trip to London
“I’ve been thinking about a trip – to London for the writing club – we can meet Mai there,” Brenda suggests, “You’re always talking about her, and we said we wanted a trip.”   
"I've got more important things on my mind"
Cassie does not share her enthusiasm, having more important things on her mind.   “Give me her number, then, and I’ll organise it,” Brenda continues, 
"I am rather busy, Brenda!"
and Cassie half-heartedly says she will see what she can do.   Meanwhile, she is busy, and obviously wants to get rid of Brenda.
"I hope you're in a better mood tonight"
“I hope you’re in a better mood tonight – what are we supposed to write about?” asks Brenda, and is told that the subject is ‘a favourite memory’.
Debbie has managed to make some cakes
Debbie has produced a dozen cakes and displays them to Ricky;  
"Lovely, Mam – I'll have one later"
he describes them as lovely, but he will have one later.   “I just need a bit of a lie down, that’s all,” 
He goes up stairs
he says, and heads upstairs for some peace.
"The old Ricky would be on his third cake by now!"
She sits down opposite Mark, and says, “The old Ricky would be on his third cake by now!” but Mark reminds her that these things take time, 
"We can't treat him like a child all the time, Debs"
and they cannot treat him like a child all the time.   “I just want to look after him,” sniffs Debbie.
"He just needs a bit of space"
“He just needs a bit of space,” Mark reassures her, “Everything will be OK.”
"This is supposed to be a 'Writing Club'!"
The Writing Club is very poorly attended, and Brenda tells Sioned that she has nothing in writing as it is all in her head;  Sioned reminds her that it is supposed to be a Writing Club.
"Is there any point in continuing?"
Cassie joins them and wonders if there is any point in continuing, 
Sioned has been working on something . . .
but  Sioned says she has been working on something, 
. . . so Cassie invites her to read it
so Cassie invites her to read it;  “I haven’t done anything like this before, so sorry if it isn’t any good.”
"I innediately think of one memory"
She begins, “When I think back to my childhood, I immediately think of one memory – it makes me feel warm, happy – but more than anything it makes me feel safe.   I always wanted a horse – I remember walking over to the field with Mam, Dad and Auntie Marian, and thinking how happy I felt.   
"How lucky I was to have them"
“But it wasn’t because of the horse – I looked at the three of them and it struck me how lucky I was to have them.”
This is getting to Cassie
This account is obviously affecting Cassie, as tears come to her eyes;  Sioned resumes, “I remember catching Mam’s eye – she smiled at me and held my hand tightly.   
"That's the closest I've ever felt to Mam"
“That’s the closest I’ve ever felt to Mam.   The love I felt made me think I could do anything – I still search for that feeling every day.   But it will come because while I’ve got Mam, there’s hope, and I’ll always be safe.”
"That's perfect, Sioned"
She apologises that it was rather long, but Brenda regards it as perfect, and says she is the first person to make the teacher cry.   
"Keep writing – you have talent"
Cassie tells Sioned to keep writing, because she has talent.   
Cassie cannot face any more of Brenda's 'filth'
Then, faced with the prospect of another of Brenda’s erotic fantasies, Cassie wants to call a halt for tonight, as she does not feel very well.
Brenda actually buying a drink?   No, I didn't think so.
Brenda offers to buy Sioned a drink;  she asks for an orange juice, and Brenda wonders why people are so boring, so Sioned will get her a gin.
Cassie arrives home . . .
Cassie gets home to number 10 
. . . in a dejected state
and looks thoroughly fed up;  
She almost contacts Mai
she takes out her phone and considers making a call to Mai, but then decides against it.
At Penrhewl, Jim comes downstairs;  
"I'm sure Huwi just said, 'Nos da, Dad'!"
“I’m sure Huwi just said, ‘Nos da, Dad.’ [Good night, Dad]  I know he can say a lot of words now, but he hasn’t put them together before.”
"About Sioned's idea, Jim . . ."
Then Eileen raises the subject of Sioned’s ideas.   Jim is emphatic;  “I don’t want a shop or a café!” 
"She was only doing her best"
but is told that she should have been more sensitive, but was only doing her best.
"She has to realise she doesn't own this business!"
“And she has to realise that she doesn’t own this business!” he goes on, then wonders where Huwi’s memories book is.   “I want to write this down – we don’t want to forget it.”   
He reminisces about Huwi's first word . . .
Eileen says that Jim will never forget their baby’s first word, 
. . . but is very worried that he will forget about it
but he wonders if he will forget.