23 September 2019

"All he's done all weekend is fuss"
In the Deri, Kelly remarks that it sounds claustrophobic;  “It is,” replies Sara, “All he’s done all weekend is fuss – a break is easier if someone accepts they’re on one! I don’t have time for this – I have to finish Tapas’ business report.”
"You need to move out of Bryntirion to get some space"
Kelly’s advice is, “You need to move out of Bryntirion to get some space – Jason will get the message then.”   Sara doubts whether she will be able to leave him, as she is too worried about his mental health;  
"I'm worried about your mental health at the moment!"
“Well, I’m worried about your mental health at the moment!” Kelly emphasises.   
Sara maintains that she is stronger than him, and will be fine;  
"I'll have to talk to him"
“I’ll have to talk to him and make sure he realises I need more time alone in the house.”   
"But will he listen?"
Kelly wonders if he will listen, and Sara continues, “If he does not, the only other option is that I move out . . . but I hope he will listen.”
Jamie appears to be in the same class as Aaron
Out in the school playground, we find that Jamie, who was tracked down by Mark and Mathew, in their search for the drug dealer, is actually a schoolgirl.   Jessie stands rather conspicuously outside the school fence and shouts to her;  
She is summoned by Jessie . . .
she demands that Jamie give her the drugs she has in her bag, 
. . . and they exchange bags of drugs
and substitutes another similar envelope.
"Just don't say a word to anyone, all right?"
“You don’t need to understand,” Jessie says, “Just don’t say a word to anyone that I’ve given you a new bag, all right?   You know what happens to people who cross me, don’t you?   There are plenty of stories out there – 
"Those stories –  they're true!"
“and do you know what?   They’re true!   
"Why are you still standing there?"
“Why are you still standing there?”
Jamie retreats . . .
Jamie hurries away, and Jessie makes a phone call;  
. . . as Jessie wants a quick analysis done
“I’ve got the coke – I need it tested – today!”
Cassie seems preoccupied
Diane finds Cassie in the Deri, and wants to discuss the timetable for the trip, but Cassie seems disinterested;  she says she trusts Diane to get on with things.   
"I was thinking of holding workshops"
“I was thinking of holding workshops on different themes,” Diane begins, 
"Are you all right, Cassie?"
and wonders if Cassie is all right.   
"I have a cold – if that's all right with you!"
She gives the excuse that she has a cold;  “If that’s all right with you!” she snaps, “We all have the right to be ill – to be honest, the way I feel now, I don’t know if I’ll make the trip.”   
"I just want to be left alone"
Diane is outraged, but Cassie simply wants to be left alone, 
Diane struts off in high dudgeon
and Diane walks off, quite affronted.
"Can I have your permission forms?"
On a staircase in the school, Ffion meets a group of four students, including Aaron and Jamie, and wants their permission forms, 
"They're three days later already"
which are already three days late.   
Jamie accidentally . . . 
Jamie fumbles in her bag and accidentally pulls out the envelope she was given, 
. . . drops small packets of white powder on the floor . . . 
scattering small white plastic packets of white powder on the floor;  
. . . and is very upset about it
she understandably looks terrified.
The evidence is gathered up by Ffion . . .
Ffion gathers up the bags, but no-one will admit responsibility, 
. . . and the four are sent to her office
so she orders them all to go to her office now.
Sara is searching for Mr Mostyn
At Bryntirion, Sara is looking for one of Ifan’s toys, Mr Mostyn;  “He won’t settle at Elinor’s without him – he must be here somewhere!”   Jason urges her to leave it, and he will look, as she has a report to finish.
"We're on a break, aren't we?"
“We are on a break, aren’t we?” she demands, 
"I can help look for my son's teddy!"
but he insists that he can help look for their son’s teddy.   “That’s the point,” she goes on, “I wanted to discuss something with you later, but we might as well do it now.   
"You have to give me more space – or I'll have to move out!"
“You have to give me more space in this house, Jason – or I’ll have to move out, and I don’t want to do that!”
"Do you expect me to ignore you – in front of Mam?"
He wonders, “What do you expect me to do when I see you?   Ignore you?   In the kitchen?   In front of Mam?”   
"We can do it naturally"
She is sure there is a way they can do it naturally;  
"Oh, that's great, then!"
“Oh, that’s great then!” he grumbles.
Ffion reckons it is cocaine in the packets
Ffion tells Gaynor that she suspects it is cocaine in the packets, and she is confident that they came from Jamie’s bag, 
"We must check the CCTV to make sure"
but they should check the CCTV to make sure.   
Gaynor thought they had sorted the matter out, but Ffion points out, 
"Is there a way we can deal with this internally?"
“She’s had such a difficult start with her mother and everything.   Is there a way we can deal with this internally?”   
"No – we have to call the police"
Gaynor however says that they will have to phone the police.
Cassie's mind seems to be far away
Cassie is still sitting in the Deri, with a faraway look in her eyes;  Diane comes in again, apologising for earlier.   
"I shouldn't be hassling you if you're ill"
“I shouldn’t be hassling you like that if you’re ill,” she begins, “The truth is, I haven’t organised a creative trip like this before and I’m worried that I’m going to get things wrong.   
"You're going to be well enough to come, aren't you?"
“You’re going to be well enough to come, aren’t you?   Because it will be better for me with you there to help me.”   
"I can't promise anything"
Cassie says she will do her best, but cannot promise anything.
The four children wait
As the four children sit, silently, Jamie’s phone sounds, and she sees a message, 
A threatening message for Jamie
“I hear the cops are at the school.   Keep your mouth shut or else.   Delete this message!”
"Who did that come from, then?"
Aaron looks across at the phone and asks who the message was from;  he is told, “What business is it of yours?”   He assures her that Miss Llywelyn does not know where the drugs came from, and advises her to just chill out.   “I’m sure she saw them fall out of my bag,” says Jamie, 
"Look, she can't prove it"
but he reminds her that it cannot be proven.
“I’ll get the blame anyway – Im not a posh boy like you!” she exclaims, 
Ffion arrives, with the police
and then Ffion appears, accompanied by two police officers.   She informs them that they will be talking to each pupil in turn, 
The other three await their turn
starting with Jamie.
"The Deri earlier, the café now"
Kelly comes into the café, carrying a 4-pint bottle of milk from the shop, and sees Kelly working on her laptop;  “The Deri earlier, the café now,” she comments.
"Jason thinks I'm totally unreasonable"
Sara replies that she has to finish this report today, and could not get any peace at home;  “Listen, I spoke to Jason earlier and he thinks I’m totally unreasonable – you’re right, I have to move out”   
"Or you're going to make yourself ill"
Kelly agrees, and stresses that otherwise she will be ill, 
"What if Jason becomes ill again?"
but Sara worries what will happen if Jason becomes ill again.
“Living together could make both of you ill!” Kelly points out, and Sara sighs that it is all so difficult.   “Yes, because you’re doing something massive,” Kelly encourages her.   
"When I've finished this, I'll tell him!"
Once she has finished what she is doing, Sara intends to tell Jason, 
"You and Ifan can stay at the café flat"
and is assured that she and Ifan can stay at the café flat until she sorts things out.
"You've been an amazing friend – now it's my turn"
“Sara, you’ve been an amazing friend to me – now it’s my turn,” says Kelly, 
"We've got to lean on our friends, haven't we?"
“We’ve got to lean on our friends, haven’t we?   It’s our job.”
The CCTV provides clear evidence
Fortunately a school CCTV camera is pointing in the exact direction of the occurrence on the stairs, at 10:31, and it is clearly evident from the footage that the drugs emanated from Jamie’s bag.   
"There's no point denying it"
“There’s no point denying it,” says the constable, but she argues that she did not put them there.   He asks who did;  “Have you got any idea?” 
Jamie is saying nothing
but she remains silent.   “There was a lot of cocaine in that bag, so I’d say it was someone pretty experienced,” he goes on, 
"You're going to have to talk to us"
“I know it’s difficult, but you’re going to have to talk to us, or we won’t have a choice but to take you to the station – and I don’t want you to be in any more trouble.”
"A bit early for drinking gin, isn't it?"
Jason is at the bar of the Deri, and remarks to Cassie that it is rather early for her to be drinking gin;  she replies that it is just tonic.   
"I hear that Mam's been hassling you"
He adds, “I hear that Mam’s been hassling you to go on this trip – well, you know Mam – she never does things by half measures, does she?”
Cassie enquires whether he will be coming on the trip, 
"I've got too much on at the moment"
but he explains that he has too much on at the moment, and she asks if he is all right.   After first replying that he is, 
"Sara sys she wants a break"
he then admits, “Sara says she wants a break – she’s still living in Bryntirion, of course, so Mam and Dai don’t know anything about this.”
"I won't breathe a word"
Cassie assures him she will not breathe a word, and he goes on, “I really want Mam to enjoy this trip, but she does have a tendency to try and interfere, doesn’t she?”   Cassie knows exactly what he means.
"She's been short with me all weekend"
Jason continues, “I wasn’t sure if Sara was serious to start with, but she is.   She’s been short with me all weekend – I don’t know – I just want things to be like they used to be!”   
"Things will get back to normal"
Cassie seems naïvely confident that they will be back to normal in time;  “It’s only natural for her to keep her distance at the beginning, but don’t try and fix things – she’ll come to her senses, you’ll see.”   
"I may have been trying too hard recently"
He concedes that he may have been trying rather too hard recently, and she points out, “We hold on tight to things sometimes, and we suffocate what we have.”
Jamie is given some time to think . . .
Jamie sits silently, and in the room next door Ffion realises, “She’s not going to say anything, is she?”
. . . then the investigating officer returns
The police officer leading the investigation returns, and asks Jamie if she has had time to think, and to remember who put the stuff in her bag;  
"Why don't we play a little game, then?"
“Why don’t we play a little game, then – so that you don’t have to name names?   I understand this is awkward for you, and you don’t want to get anyone else into trouble.   Was it a man who gave you the stuff – or a woman?”
Jamie attempts to remain poker-faced
Jamie tries not to give any indication, but the officer comes to the conclusion it was a woman;  
"You don't have to worry – we'll look after you"
“It’s not always about the things you say,” he informs her, “You don’t have to worry – we’ll look after you.   But you’ll have to come down to the station with us now – 
The two Mrs Llywelyns watch anxiously
“we have no choice, because until you tell us the truth, it’s our job to continue to ask questions.”
"You only want me there as a donkey to carry your bags"
Diane angrily demands why Jason is not coming on the trip, predicting that it will be fun;  “Mam, you only want me there as a donkey to carry your bags.   I’ve told you, I’m busy – there’s a lot on.”   
"Oh, come with us – to help your little old mother!"
When she enquires what is making him so busy, he does not reply, so she urges him, “Oh, come with us – to help your little old mother!”
Sara would like a private word . . .
Then Sara comes in and asks if Jason has a moment;  “On your own, if possible,” so Diane complains that it does not matter if she is halfway through doing something, 
. . . to which Diane takes exception
and storms out through the back door.
"We have to discuss something"
Sara tells Jason she has finished her report, and adds, “We have to discuss something.”   He insists he does not want to go on this trip, 
"I've decided I'm going to move out"
but she continues, “I’ve decided, Jase, that I’m going to move out.   I’ve been horrible to you this weekend – finding fault, giving you the cold shoulder.”
"I know I've been suffocating you"
He makes it clear to her that he is willing to give her some space;  “I realise that I’ve been suffocating you.”   She makes it clear that they need some time apart to think about the future, 
"I need to see you and Ifan every day!"
but he begs her not to do this to him;  “I need to see you and Ifan every day!”
"I have to move out to save what we've got"
She agrees that he can do that, any time he wants;  “But I have to move out to save what we’ve got – you do see that, don’t you?”   
"What?   You're moving out today?"
He cannot believe that she is moving out today – now – 
"I shall be staying with Kelly"
and she confirms that they will be staying with Kelly.
Then Diane comes back in and notices Sara’s bags, ready for her departure;  
"What's going on with these bags?"
“What’s going on with these bags?” she demands.   Sara announces that she and Ifan are going to stay with a friend, while Jason and his mother go away on this writing trip.”
The only thing that concerns Diane is that Jason is coming on the trip with them;  
"Looks that way, doesn't it?"
he concludes that it is looking that way, 
Diane starts making a list
and his mother will start making a list of what they will need on the trip.   
Sara leaves the house
As Sara picks up the luggage and leaves the house, Diane insists she wants Jason’s help.
Jessie is keeping watch at the school
Jessie is hanging around, making no attempt to be inconspicuous, outside the school, where the police car is parked, 
"Mixed with what?   Baking powder?"
and asks on the phone, “Have you tested it?   I knew it!   Mixed with what? Baking powder – sounds about right!”
Jamie sees her there
As Jamie is taken to the car, she notices Jessie, who is in full view.   
"I want a photo of Gwyneth Jones' son"
Then she makes another phone call;  “I want a photo of Gwyneth Jones’ son before tomorrow morning!”
Sara arrives at the café flat in quite a state . . .
Kelly is preparing for Sara’s arrival, and she comes up the stairs in tears;  
. . . and Kelly tries to reassure her
Kelly gives her a reassuring hug.   “I have to go and pick Ifan up,” Sara says, 
"I want you to cool down first"
but Kelly wants her to sit down and cool down first.   “You should have seen his face, Kel,” Sara sobs.
"But I've taken Ifan away from him"
“Yeah, he’ll be cut up, OK, but Diane will be there for him,” Kelly reminds her, but she wails that she has taken Ifan away from him.   “Only for a while, that’s all,” Kelly remarks, “Right, I’m going to make a cup of tea, 
"We're going to have a cwtch on the sofa"
“and were going to have a cwtch on the sofa.   
"Things are going to be rough . . ."
“Hey, things are going to be rough – there’s no way around that, 
". . . but we'll do all this together, yeah?"
“but we’ll cry, we’ll eat, we’ll watch films – together, yeah?   What do you want – Earl Grey or chamomile?   
"Then we'll go and pick Ifan up"
“And then we’ll go and pick Ifan up.”
Sara is very glad of the support
Sara is extremely grateful to Kelly.