4 September 2019 (1st)

Jaclyn wears a worried frown
Jaclyn is sitting at the breakfast table, looking worried;  
"You can't go to school without your cereal"
Gerwyn returns from the shop with some milk and tells Guto, “You can’t go to school without your cereal.”   Then he turns to Jaclyn;  “You’d better eat something, too, instead of playing with that toast,” but she is nervous about tonight.
Gerwyn regards that as a good thing;  “Performers are supposed to have butterflies,” 
"I don't know what to wear"
but she is beginning to regret saying she would do it, and does not know what to wear.   Guto points out that it is not a gig, 
"It doesn't matter, Mam, it's only a recording session"
but only a recording session, so it does not matter what she wears.   
Then she panics because she has not had her roots done, 
"I think we ought to change the subject"
and Gerwyn suggests that they should change the subject.   “You didn’t say that Tyler had been suspended from school, he remarks, 
"Is he?   I didn't know"
but Guto was unaware of this;  “That’s what I heard in the shop just now – but I didn’t say a word,” he reassures his son, “Mind, it will only a matter of time before they find out.”
Jaclyn predicts that Iolo will have to look after that little girl on his own now, 
"But we did the right thing"
but Gerwyn says they did the right thing, takes her toast, and leaves for the garage.   “I wasn’t expecting him to be suspended,” groans Guto.
"Tyler could go to prison"
His mother says Tyler could go to prison, but urges him not to feel bad about it;  “Mr Davies-White hasn’t behaved appropriately!”
Gwyneth tries some amateur shoe-mending
Gwyneth is attempting to mend one of Gwern’s shoes, and tells Cassie that the heel is loose.   “New shoes, new term – it can be expensive,” Cassie comments, 
Cassie seems to have acquired a cold
and seems to have developed a cold.   “Look, Gwyneth, I know things are difficult for you, but I’ve got some bad news – 
"The radiator in my room is kaput!"
the radiator in my room isn’t working.   I’ve already looked at it – it’s old, and kaput!”
Gwyneth agrees to get in touch with Iolo;  she does not look happy at the thought of spending money.
"It's time you were going, Guto"
Jaclyn encourages Guto to get going to school, but he does not seem very enthusiastic;  
"I made the original video"
“I think I’ve made a mistake, showing that gif to Mrs Llywelyn – I made the original video, and in the video it clearly shows that Mr Davies-White pushed Aled away.”   He argues that he did not want Carys or himself to get into trouble.
"Tyler could have lost everything!"
“What about Tyler?” demands Jaclyn, “He could have lost everything – you could easily have destroyed an innocent person’s life, just by messing around!”
Colin with the enormous box . . . 
At the chippy flat, Colin struggles upstairs with an enormous box, which he drops on the floor.   
. . . a very inadequately secured box
Britt is very glad to see it has arrived, and quickly removes the very insecure tape on the top.   
"Are we going camping?"
“Aren’t these good?” she enthuses, as she takes out various things, and he deduces that they are going camping.
"I'd like to walk a bit of Offa's Dyke"
“Yes, you, me and Aaron – I’d like to walk a bit of Offa’s Dyke!” she continues, and urges Colin to show a bit more enthusiasm.   “It will be fun!   Shall we go a week tomorrow?” 
"But Aaron will be at school, Britt"
but he points out that Aaron will be at school.   “It won’t matter if he misses one day,” she replies, “Where’s your sense of adventure?” 
She unpacks a gas camping stove
as she unpacks a camping stove.   “Oh, think of the fun we’ll have, cooking on this, under the stars, packed one with nature – 
"Find your inner caveman, Col!"
find your inner caveman, Col!”
Colin is finding this too much
Colin is rather overwhelmed, and suggests that it will wear her out, 
"This is too much, too soon, Britt"
and is too much, too soon.   She maintains that she has never felt better.
"Do you think Tyler would do such a thing?"
In the head teacher’s office, Gaynor asks Ffion whether she thinks Tyler would do such a thing, 
Ffion is quite convinced
and the reply is, “No, he wouldn’t – and you shouldn’t jump to that conclusion either!”   
"That gif is very strong evidence"
Gaynor is just trying to make sense of things, and regards that gif as very strong evidence.
“I’d concentrate on whoever put the gif out there – perhaps someone is trying to create problems for Tyler,” Ffion advises, 
"I know what it's like to be accused of something"
“I don’t know who – but I do know from experience what it’s like to be accused of something.”
"I think you should see this – it might help Mr Davies-White"
There is a knock at the door, and Guto hesitantly enters;  “I think you should see this,” he tells Gaynor, “It might help Mr Davies-White.”
Gwyneth has received more bills
Gwyneth has received some bills in the post 
She appears to owe £102 on this one alone
and is becoming very troubled;  
Her first resort is to Garry
she gets out her phone and leaves a message for Garry.   “Listen, I don’t like doing this, but things are a bit tight at the moment – and Gwern needs new school shoes.   
"£60 should cover it"
£60 should cover it – phone or text me when you get a chance.”   
Then she contacts Iolo
Then she finds Iolo’s number on her phone, and calls him.
Colin makles sure that Britt has been taking her tablets . . .
Colin is looking very concerned, and checks on Britt’s tablet container, to make sure she has taken them all;  
. . . and she sees him
she silently comes in from the bedroom and notices what he is doing, then goes back again.   
Hywel tries to give Ffion a wide berth
In the street, Hywel is obviously avoiding Ffion, and she comments, “The guilty run away!”   
"I have nothing to feel guilty about!"
He insists that he has nothing to feel guilty about, 
"You haven't even looked for those files"
but she accuses him of not even looking for some files which Rhys needs.   
“He should have taken them with him when he moved out!” Hywel snarls, and walks away, much to Ffion’s disgust.
Colin is not making any better job of sealing the box
Colin has repacked the box, and is making inadequate attempts to reseal it;  he tells Britt, “I’m sending all this stuff back – 
"Don't worry, you'll get your money back"
I’ve printed a label from the Internet for the company, so don’t worry, you’ll get all your money back!”
Britt answers that she does not want her money back;  “I want to go camping with you and Aaron.”   
"Don't make this any harder, Britt!"
He pleads with her not to make this any harder, but she goes on, “I saw you checking up on me earlier – you were making sure I’ve been taking my tablets, but I have been – I’ve been a good girl.”
"You're acting rather manic at the moment"
He points out that she is definitely acting rather manic at the moment, but she denies that, 
"I've got a right to be excited"
arguing that she has as much right has anyone else to be excited;  “It doesn’t mean I’m ill!”   He wonders how he is supposed to know the difference, and she suggests that he could trust her.
"We can't afford all this stuff!"
“Are you going to come camping, then?” she asks, and he says that he would love to, but they cannot afford all this stuff.   Britt knew that he would pick holes in this, and says that he is no fun these days.   
"I'm just trying to be realistic"
He insists, “I’m just trying to be realistic.”   Britt was looking forward to telling Aaron, maintaining that he deserves a holiday, but Colin has not thought about that – 

"You throw cold water on everything, Col!"
he just throws cold water on everything.   She gets up and puts on her coat;  when he asks where she is going, 
"I don't know – I don't care, either!"
she replies, “I don’t know – I don’t care, either!”
"You did the right thing, Guto"
Jaclyn assures Guto that he did the right thing, and both his parents are very proud of him;  “Yeah, well I hope it helps Mr Davies-White to clear his name,” says Guto.   
"Things are never that black and white"
His father suggests that things are never that black and white, and Jaclyn remarks that he always thinks the worst of everyone.   Guto apologises for lying to them, 
"You told the truth in the end"
but his mother tells him that he told the truth in the end, which is what was important.
She maintains that he has inspired her for this recording session;  
"I shall just do my best!"
“I shall not worry, but just do my best!” she exclaims,
She receives a hug from Gerwyn 
and Gerwyn gives her a hug.
Britt takes her frustrations out on the dartboard
In the Deri, Britt is angrily throwing darts, when Ffion comes in, looking for Hywel;  she refuses a game of darts, and at that moment he comes in.
"What do you want now?"
“What do you want now?” he grumbles;  she emphasises that he does not have to like her, 
"Surely you can help your son!"
but surely he can help his son.   He simply replies that he does not know where the files are, and adds, “You’re just like a broken record!”   She realises that he is obviously trying to punish them, and demands why he cannot just let Rhys live his life.
Britt is listening to their conversation
Geraint is again on duty behind the bar, as Britt is listening to Ffion, who is saying, “Good parents support their children!” and Hywel makes it clear that he is not going to support Rhys’ relationship with her.
Gwyneth has been making cakes
Gwyneth has made a batch of cakes, as it is cake day at school tomorrow and the children have to take some in;  
"As if I haven't got enough on my plate!"
“As if I haven’t got enough on my plate already!” she groans.   
"I'm going to the Bull at Llanarthur . . ."
Cassie reveals that she is going to the Bull at Llanarthur to meet some friends for dinner, so she might be late tonight.
". . . there will be some heating there"
She adds, “I’ll take advantage of the heat in the pub,” which reminds Gwyneth that she has talked to Iolo, 
"I can't afford a new radiator at the moment"
and cannot afford a new radiator at the moment.   “Would it be better if I moved into the flat above the salon?” Cassie enquires, “Winter’s coming, and I need a radiator in my room!”   
Gwyneth promises that it will be sorted out by the end of the month, but wonders how she is going to achieve that.   
She brushes off the surplus Stockwell's (Tesco) flour . . . 
As she brushes off the surplus flour from the worktop, 
. . . and a plan is forming in Gwyneth's mind
an idea springs to mind.
Britt finds Hywel sitting by himself
In the Deri, Britt goes across to where Hywel is sitting;  “I hope you don’t think I’m being cheeky, but I couldn’t help noticing you and Ffion.   
"Don't take any notice of that Ffion!"
I just wanted to say, don’t take any notice of her.   Arwen’s little, isn’t she?   But just wait until she’s an adult – Ffion will be exactly the same, because it’s natural to hold onto your children, isn’t it?”
Hywel is not sure if that is exactly what he is doing, 
"You're doing what you think is right"
but she goes on, “You’re doing what you think is right, even if it upsets Rhys.   It’s easy for Ffion to criticise you – her mother’s in North Wales – 
"There's no-one here to judge Ffion"
there’s no one here to judge her, so don’t feel too bad about it.”
Colin's arrival is an excuse for Hywel to leave
Colin arrives, having been searching for Britt, and Hywel thinks that he will go home;  
"It's only vodka and orange juice, Col"
Colin wonders if there is alcohol in what Britt is drinking, and she confirms that it is vodka and orange juice, then he wants to know how much she has had.
"Sorry – I'm criticising again"
He realises that he is criticising her again, 
"I know I don't have to drink too much"
and she explains she knows not to drink too much;  he is simply worried about her, 
"You didn't anwer your phone"
as she did not answer her phone.   
"No – I wanted to make you sweat a bit"
“I wanted to make you sweat a bit!” she replies, and he insists that both of them need to be patient.   
"I need to get used the idea that you can be . . ."
He begins, “I need to get used to the idea that you can be . . .”  
" . . . Myself – full of energy and fun!"
“Myself – full of energy and fun!” she completes his sentence.
Nevertheless he adds, “Moody, storming out, screaming and . . .”   She appreciates that it is difficult for him to live with a yo-yo.   
"I had a yo-yo when I was a boy in Lampeter . . ."
“I had a yo-yo when I was a boy in Lampeter,” he recalls, “I enjoyed playing with it – until the string broke.   
". . . the string between us will never break"
It rolled down the High Street, and was flattened  by the milk lorry.   You dont need to worry – the string between us will never break.”
"Another drink – then I'll thrash you at darts!"
She thinks that this deserves another drink, and then she will thrash him at darts.
"I'm in your part of the world tomorrow"
Back at home, Hywel makes a phone call;  “Hello, how are you?   I’m in your part of the world tomorrow on business, 
"I'll meet you at eight"
and I was wondering whether you would like to meet for a drink or a meal.   That would be great – I’ll meet you there at eight!”
"It was amazing – the best night ever!"
Jaclyn arrives home from her recording session, which went better than she had expected;  “It was amazing!” she squeals, “The best night ever!” as she puts the kettle on.   
"He wants me to record a 'slot'"
“Mick, the producer, was so happy with my voice, he wants me to record a slot next week, to see if I can do backing vocals – I will get paid then, and a bit of spare cash would be handy!”   
"Most important, you enjoyed yourself"
Gerwyn congratulates her, pointing out that what is important is that she enjoyed herself.   
"That's great, Mam!"
Guto is also pleased that she had a good time.
Colin recalls his triumph at darts
Arriving back at the chip shop flat, Colin is jubilant that he won the game of darts, announcing, “Colin Evans, runner-up, Northern Cardiganshire league, 93-94 – the Black Lion team!”
"I was going to wait until Aaron gets back"
Britt finds that Colin has reopened the box, and he says he was going to wait until Aaron gets back to tell her that 
"We'd love to go camping with you . . ."
the two of them would love to go camping with her.   
". . . but not at the start of the school term"
Colin emphasises, “He doesn’t want to miss school at the start of term, but we’ll go before long, guaranteed!   A weekend together!”
Britt was under the impression that they could not afford it, but he points out that everyone deserves a bit of excitement in their lives now and then.  
"You're one in a million, Col!"
Britt describes him as, “One in a million,” and hugs him.
Gwyneth appears to be cooking up something else . . .
Gwyneth is busy with the kitchen scales, 
. . . which she covers up
but covers up what she is doing when Cassie returns home, early, because she thinks she is developing a cold, and will have an early night.
Cassie would like some honey and lemon
She suspects that Gwyneth is making more cakes, and would like some honey and lemon, if Gwyneth is boiling the kettle.   “Right, I’ll leave you to bake in peace,” she says.
Gwyneth adds something like baking powder
Gwyneth returns to the job in hand, adding what looks like baking powder to the bowl on the scales.