2 September 2019

Ricky is home from hospital
At Maes-y-Deri, they are celebrating the return of Ricky;  “You see, there’s no place like home, is there?” says his father, and we can see that a lavish spread has been prepared.   A ‘Welcome Home’ banner is in the window, and Debbie gives him a cwtch, 
"It's so lovely to see you here!"
telling him that it is so lovely to see him there.
"Never mind about that – it's all in the past"
“At one stage, I thought . . . but never mind about that – it’s all in the past,” she goes on, 
"Any excuse for a party, isn't it?"
and as Ricky remarks that they will use any excuse to have a party, Debbie’s phone sounds.   
Jessie does not seem happy
It is a message from Jessie, demanding, “What’s going on?   Meet me at the archway by the shop now.”   Debbie says that it is a salon customer, and then makes the excuse that they need some fizz, so she will go to the shop.   
"Don't waste money on champagne, Mam"
Ricky protests that they do not need to waste money on champagne, 
"It's not every day your son gets out of hospital"
but she is insistent;  “It’s not every day your son comes home from hospital,” and off she goes.
"I sent your video over to Carys"
At number 10, Luned is very amused by what she is looking at on her phone, and shows Guto;  “Don’t be angry, but I sent your video over to Carys – 
"The way she's edited it is hilarious!"
“the way she’s edited it is hilarious!   This is only a laugh – 
"It really looks like they're going to snog!"
“it really looks like they’re going to snog!”
Jaclyn comes in through the back door, and wonders who is snogging;  
"Wait a minute – isn't that Mr Davies-White?"
she demands to see the phone, but is horrified.   “Wait a minute – isn’t that Tyler – Mr Davies-White, with Aled Richards?”
"Chill, Mam – it's only a bit of fun"
Guto tells his mother to chill, as it is only a bit of fun, but Jaclyn does not find it funny at all;  “Are they in a relationship?”   Guto denies this, and will talk to his mother later, but now he needs to take Luned home.   
Jaclyn is disturbed by this
Jaclyn does not look at all happy about the situation.
"I can't wait to see Ricky!"
In the shop, Kath is telling Gaynor that Mark picked up Ricky from the hospital this afternoon;  “I can’t wait to see him!”   
Then Sioned comes in, and would like to see Ricky
Sioned comes into the shop, and says she would like to go and see him, wondering what are his favourite chocolates.
"You think a box of chocolates will make up for what happened?"
“Do you think a box of chocolates will make up for what has happened?” snarls Kath, 
"I just want to show I'm sorry"
but Sioned points out that she wants to show that she is sorry, as the party was in her flat.   
Kath gets the most expensive chocolates
Kath selects the most expensive box, 
"£10, please!"
informing Sioned, “£10, please!”
"I don't know if I'm overreacting"
Gerwyn is washing his hands as Jaclyn tells him, “I don’t know if I’m overreacting, but I’ve seen something on Luned’s phone – a GIF of Tyler – you know, a short film – 
What she says concerns Gerwyn 
“it looked as if he was about to kiss this boy, a schoolboy – Aled Richards.   Someone could have edited it to make it look worse – kids can do all kinds of things on their phones these days.   I don’t think Tyler would do something like that – he’s a lovely guy and a good teacher.”
"We thought Gruffydd was a lovely guy at one time"
Gerwyn reminds her that they thought Gruffydd was a lovely guy at one time, too;  “He still took advantage of Tesni.   
"We shall better have a word with Guto"
When Guto gets back, we had better have a word with him.”
Debbie is looking out for Jessie
Debbie reaches the alley, but cannot see Jessie;  when she walks to the other end, Jessie is waiting for her.   
"I hear you're not doing the drops any more"
“I hear you’re not doing the drops any more – why?”   Debbie replies that she cannot do it any more, but is sternly informed, “It’s not up to you!”
"My own son almost died!"
Debbie begs, “Please, Jessie, my own son almost died – Mark is after the dealer’s blood!   It’s too much of a risk if I carry on!”   Jessie wants to know who is taking her place, and is assured, “She’s all right.”
“I’ll decide that, not you!” Jessie emphasises, “What’s her name?”   
"It's Gwyneth Jones"
Debbie reveals that it is Gwyneth Jones, 
"I want to meet her – now!"
and Jessie wants to meet her – now.   
Debbie is propelled through the alley
She marches Debbie up through the alley, where they meet Kath;  
"This is Gwyneth's old friend, Mari"
“This is Mari, an old friend of Gwyneth’s,” Debbie improvises.   Kath is surprised that her daughter-in-law is not at home with Ricky, but she says she has popped out to fetch something, and is now showing Mari where Gwyneth lives.
"They shared a flat in Carmarthen years ago"
“Mari and Gwyneth shared a flat in Carmarthen years ago,” Debbie adds, 
They head towards number 9
and they proceed towards number 9.
"She must have gone to France for the champagne!"
Back at Maes-y-Deri, Mark comments, “Your mother must have gone all the way to France to get the champagne!   She is determined to make today special.”   Then there is a knock at the door, and Mark is surprised to see Sioned there.
“Kath said that Ricky was home – can you give him these please?” she says, 
"Sioned?   Come in – there's plenty of food!"
but when Ricky hears her voice, invites her to come in, as there is plenty of food.   
"I just want to say sorry for everything"
She just wants to say sorry for everything;  “It’s the least I can do – I’m so glad you’re OK.”
"That doesn't make up for what happened, though"
“I don’t think that makes up for what happened though,” growls Mark, “We almost lost Ricky!”   
"If I can forgive Sioned, everyone else can, too!"
Ricky makes it clear he does not want anyone to blame Sioned;  “If I can forgive her, everyone else can, too!”   Mark stresses that she should not have messed about with drugs, and wonders if she still takes them, 
"I'm never going to touch them again!"
but she vows she is never going to touch them again.   Ricky is pleased to hear her say that.
"You're in safe hands"
At number 9, Gwyneth assures Jessie, “You’re in safe hands – come and watch me do the drop-offs tonight,” but is told to shut up.   
"You should never have put me in this position!"
Jessie complains that they should never have put her in this position, and wonders how long they thought they would get away with it.   
"I haven't got a husband snooping around"
Gwyneth emphasises that she can be trusted;  “I’m better than her – I haven’t got a husband snooping around.”   Jessie is concerned that Mark knows something, 
"If I don't go back, Mark will be suspicious"
but Debbie points out that if she does not go back now to him and Ricky, it will look suspicious.   
She confirms that Jessie’s money is safe in her house, 
"Go and get the money, then!"
and so is ordered, “Go and get it, then!”   Debbie protests that Ricky has just come home, and she has to be there, but the reply is, “I don’t want to hear your excuses – go and get the money now!” 
Debbie follows instructions
and Debbie complies without a further word.
"Look, they're not kissing"
Guto shows his father on the phone, “Look, they’re not kissing,” but Gerwyn says that they might if the video had carried on.   
"We have to show this to Mrs Llywelyn"
Guto is quite adamant that they did not kiss, and his father is equally determined that they will show it to Mrs Llywelyn.
"We don't want to get anyone into trouble, Ger"
“We don’t want to get anyone into trouble, Ger,” Jaclyn reminds him, but is told that they cannot hide it.   Guto becomes quite angry, tells them to stop interfering, and escapes upstairs.
"We would have been glad if someone warned us about Gruffydd!"
“We would have been glad if someone had warned us about Tesni and that Gruffydd, you can’t deny that!” Gerwyn tells Jaclyn, 
"And it's against the law"
“And this is against the law – we have a chance to make sure Tyler never takes advantage of anyone.”
"I hear that you tried to help Dad find the drug dealer"
“I hear that you tried to help Dad find the drug dealer,” says Ricky, 
"I only had a number to give him"
but Sioned regrets that she only had a number to give him.   “It’s a shame that the police haven’t found them,” he adds, 
"You are OK, aren't you. Sioned?"
“You are OK, aren’t you?   You haven’t been yourself, and then I hear you’ve been taking drugs – I didn’t think you were the type.”
"It was supposed to be a bit of fun!"
She explains that it was supposed to be a bit of fun;  “I don’t know, I just didn’t care any more.   Some guy offered me some in a nightclub, and I thought, ‘Why not?’   
"I now know it was a completely stupid idea"
“I know now that it was a completely stupid idea.”
"If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm here"
Ricky assures her, “If you ever want to talk to anyone about anything, I’m here!”   
"You're a good friend, Ricky"
She appreciates that he is a good friend, and knows that not everyone could forgive her like that.
Kath greets her grandson . . .
Then the door opens, and in comes Kath, exclaiming, “Where is he, then?   Where’s Ricky?”   She gives him a hug, 
. . . but then sees Sioned 
but then sees Sioned, 
"I had better leave now"
who thinks it is time for her to go.
"I thought about organising something"
“Before you go,” interrupts Ricky, “While I was in hospital I thought about organising something to draw attention to the dangers of drugs, and raise money, perhaps.”   
"I'd be happy to help you"
Sioned would be happy to help in any way she can.   
"Perhaps something good might come out of this after all"
Kath thinks that something good might come out of this, after all.
“I was thinking of holding a race, like Gwyneth’s Hearts Race,” Ricky continues, and Sioned remarks that it made quite a lot of money.   
Debbie is back, with two bottles
Then the door opens again; this time it is Debbie, with two bottles.
Mark announces that they have another reason to celebrate;  “We’re going to raise money for a drugs awareness charity,” Ricky explains, 
"That's a great idea, Rick"
and Debbie thinks that it is a great idea.
"Just drop off the drugs wherever you've agreed"
Jessie is still issuing instructions to Gwyneth;  “It’s important that you and this girl never meet – just drop the drugs wherever you’ve agreed.”   Gwyneth points out that is exactly what she has been doing.
"Do you want a can?"
Jessie refuses a can from the fridge, and wonders why Gwyneth is so desperate for cash;  
"I won't have anywhere to run my business"
“Because before long, I’ll have nowhere to run my business, and I'm a single mother – cash is always handy!   Have you got children?”
"It's nothing to do with you!"
Jessie snarls that it is nothing to do with her, but Gwyneth assures her, “You can trust me, Jessie – 
"I'm sure I'll be able to sell more than Debbie!"
“and I’m sure I’ll be able to sell more than Debbie!”   
"Why are you so keen?"
Jessie is concerned that she is too keen, but Gwyneth repeats that cash is always handy.   
Jessie helps herself to a can
Jessie helps herself to a can from the fridge.
"How about men dressing as women?"
As Debbie wraps up the party leftovers, Ricky muses, “We must have an angle that makes the race different.”   His father suggests the men dressing as women, and vice versa, but Kath does not appreciate the fancy dress nonsense.
"I could run in Mark's uniform"
Debbie could run in Marks uniform, and Ricky proposes that Mark could put Debbie’s rollers in his hair, something which Mark thinks would be difficult.
"How about you and Sioned make a video?"
Kath has the idea of Ricky and Sioned making a video about their experiences, but Ricky does not really want to talk about that tonight, preferring to move forward.   
Debbie gets a bulging envelope of money . . .
Meanwhile, Debbie surreptitiously retrieves an envelope of money from a drawer 
. . . and puts in in her bag
and puts it in her bag, 
"We shouldn't open old wounds"
then says she thinks they should not open old wounds.
"Yes, but by sharing his experience . . ."
“Yes, but by sharing his experience . . .” Kath begins, and is immediately shouted down by Debbie,
"There's no need to go on and on!"
who insists there is no need to go on and on;  everyone already knows the dangers.   
"We don't need to decide everything today, do we?"
Mark points out they do not need to decide everything about the race today, but the important thing is that Ricky is home safe.
Now Debbie insists that they need more fizz, and this time she is going to the Deri to buy more bottles;  she says she will be back soon.
"We have to show that to Mrs Llywelyn"
At number 10, dinner is being served, and Jaclyn calls Guto;  “Right, listen, love,” she says, “We have to show that to Mrs Llywelyn.   Why don’t you want to?   Do you realise how serious it is?”
"Doing nothing is not an option"
Gerwyn is sorry that they are going on about it, but he insists that it is the right thing to do;  “Doing nothing is not an option.”   
"You would want to help Aled"
Jaclyn adds that if there is something going on, Guto would want to help Aled;  “If it’s nothing, and we’re wrong, what does it matter?”
"It's not normal"
Gerwyn points out that it is not normal for a pupil and teacher to meet like that outside school, 
Guto reluctantly agrees
and Jaclyn wants Guto to go with his father to see Mrs Llywelyn.
Jessie checks the money
At number 9, Jessie has counted the money, to make sure she has not been short-changed, 
"If I hear you've gone behind my back again . . ."
and warns, “Be careful, Debbie – if I you hear you’ve gone behind my back again – or if your husband learns something he shouldn’t, your son will be back in a coma – do you understand?”
"Who's this, then?"
When Debbie has gone, Jessie picks up a business card from the table and asks whose it is;  “That’s Cassie, my lodger,” is Gwyneth’s reply, “She’s gone to London, and won’t be back for a while.   
"Don't worry – Cassie won't be a problem"
“Don’t worry – Cassie won’t be a problem.”   
"I hope you're right!"
Jessie, threateningly, hopes that she is right and leaves the house.
"Haven't you forgotten something, Debs?"
When Debbie gets home, Mark wonders if she has forgotten something, such as the bottles, but she says there was no Prosecco left.   
"It's such a relief, isn't it?"
He invites her to come and sit down;  “It’s such a relief, isn’t it?   That Ricky got through it – the last few weeks have been very difficult,” he says.   
"Ricky's tough, like his Dad"
Debbie maintains that Ricky is tough, like his Dad.
The Joneses – related to cats?
He goes on, “I sometimes think the Joneses are related to cats – you know, nine lives before kicking the bucket!”   
"I don't know what I'd do if I lost Ricky!"
Debbie does not know what she would have done if she had lost Ricky, 
She holds Mark's hand
and holds Mark’s hand.
"I haven't had a great day either"
Out in the back street, behind the salon, Jessie is speaking to someone on the phone;  “Thanks for answering your phone this time – I haven’t had a great day, either – sorting out things with Debbie.   I can think of better things to do than sort out this mess for you!   
"Gwyneth Jones is going to replace her"
“Gwyneth Jones is going to replace her now – all right, I know that!   I’m doing this for you, you know – can you come to meet me?   
"I don't want to be on my own tonight"
“I don’t want to be on my own tonight.   Can’t you change your plans?   OK, don’t worry – I’ll see you when I see you.”
She prepares to leave the village
Looking around cautiously, she leaves the village.
"There's something I thought you should know"
Gerwyn and Guto arrive at Llwyncelyn, and Gerwyn apologises for disturbing Gaynor;  “There’s something I thought you should know – this is going around.” He prompts Guto to show the video.
"Please don't tell anyone"
First, Guto pleads with Gaynor not to tell anyone that he showed her this;  
Gaynor immediately recognises the protagonists
she can clearly see who are involved, 
"Can you tell me any more, Guto?"
and enquires whether Guto can tell her any more about this.   He says he does not know who recorded the video, but Gaynor regards it as a very serious matter, and thanks him for bringing it to her attention.
"You did the right thing – don't feel guilty!"
She informs him, “You did the right thing, Guto – don’t feel guilty – 
Guto is slightly relieved
“and I won’t tell Mr Davies-White or Aled Richards where I got this.   Is it all right if I take a copy of it?”   
"I thought it was important that you saw it"
Gerwyn thought it was important that she saw it, and she replies that she will deal with the matter first thing tomorrow morning.   
Gaynor looks concerned
Gerwyn and Guto leave the house, and Gaynor looks very concerned.