25 September 2019 (2nd)

Diane and Jason are ready for the trip
Jason and his mother come out of APD with their cases, and Diane is worrying whether she has enough plasters;  he urges her to relax, and she asks if Sara is having fun with her friend.   
"I'm not sure when she will be back"
“When will she be home” she asks, and he is not sure what her plans are.   
"Who is this friend, then?"
Then she wants to know who is this friend, and he improvises, “Denise – an old school friend, who has moved back to Trimsaran.”   
Diane thinks she had better get some more plasters, and while she is gone, 
Sara only just avoids Diane
Sara comes round the corner;  
"Any problem with Ifan – just phone me"
Jason assures her that if there is anything wrong with Ifan, she is to phone him straightaway.   
"Enjoy yourself"
She tells him to enjoy himself and heads to the cafĂ© flat, 
She makes a point of ignoring Dylan
on the way meeting Dylan, who she ignores.
"Where is everybody, then?"
Kath, who is approaching with Beti and Madge, wonders where everyone is;  “Aren’t we leaving at ten?”   
The rest of the party are arriving
Cassie is also coming towards them, with a large wheeled case, and says they are lucky she is coming at all, as she does not feel very well.
"If I have to go, so do you, Cassie!"
She would like to get out of this, but Jason tells her, “If I have to go, you have to, Cassie!   Don’t worry, we won’t have to talk much, because one thing this lot can do is talk!”   
Diane comes back with the plasters
Diane returns with more plasters – and a bandage, just in case;  Llinos has also joined them.
Sara is on the sofa . . .
Sara is dozing on the sofa, 
. . . and Kelly gives her Bircher oats
and Kelly brings her some Bircher oats;  “Because you’re forgetting to eat at the moment.”   Sara complains that she has a headache, because she drank too much wine last night.   
"Multi-coloured pregnancy tights – and I can't blame the wine!"
Kelly confesses that she ordered some multicoloured pregnancy tights on her phone last night;  “And I can’t even blame the wine!”
"Dylan and I kissed yesterday"
“Dylan and I kissed yesterday,” says Sara, grimacing;  
"Why didn't you tell me?"
Kelly is very upset that she has not mentioned it before;  
"I feel awful!"
“I’ve just seen Jason and Dylan – I feel awful!” Sara adds.   
"You're a dark horse, Sara!"
Kelly calls her a dark horse, and wants to know all the details;  “I can’t give you friendly advice if I don’t know all the facts – 
"Come on, spit it out!"
“so come on, spit it out!” Kelly insists.
They have just arrived in their minibus
The Writing Club have reached their destination, and a white minibus can be seen in the background.   
"I thought we had to put a tent up!"
DJ was under the impression they had to put up a tent, but Brenda has other ideas;  “Where’s the pub, then?   It will be the Gin Club on tour.”
"No gin yet!   Creative class number one!"
She is informed by Diane that there will be no gin yet;  “We have creative session number one now – haven’t you read the timetable?”   Brenda considers she will be much more creative with a glass of gin in her hand.  
"You're like a drip, Jason!"
As they continue, Jason is at the back of the queue and his mother asks what is wrong with him;  “I don’t know what to do with any of you – no-one’s read the timetable, and you’re like a drip!”
"She's like a sergeant major!"
Becoming even more officious, Diane instructs them all to put down their bags and they will get started;  Anita moans, “She’s like a sergeant major,” and DJ confirms that she is loving it.   They make their way inside.
"Do you think I should tell Jason?"
“Do you think I should tell Jason?” Sara asks, and Kelly answers that, if they were not on a break, then she should;  
"Perhaps technically – but this is not black and white"
Sara may technically have cheated, but this is not all black and white.
"Why are you being so hard on yourself?"
Picking up her bag, Kelly continues, “Why are you being so hard on yourself?   You’ve been through hell with Jason the last few months – you deserve a bit of fun!”   
Then Dylan turns up – again
Then they hear Dylan coming upstairs, and Kelly announces, “I’ve got to go to Carmarthen, but the flat is free all afternoon if you need more . . . chats.”
"Sorry I ignored you earlier"
When they are alone, Sara apologises for ignoring him earlier, because Jason was there.   
"Any chance of a cup of tea?"
He wonders if there is any chance of a cup of tea.
Diane tries to call the meeting to order
The Writing Club are in a large circular room and are told to sit down by the increasingly officious Diane;  
Brenda says she is intolerant to something
Brenda sneezes and explains that she is intolerant to something.   
"The subject is 'My Family'"
Diane distributes writing pads and pens to all participants;  “The subject I want you to write about today is ‘My Family.’   You can write a poem or a story, I don’t mind – as long as it’s full of feeling and honesty, because writing from the heart is what delivers the best work, isn’t it, Cassie?”
"Someone has swallowed a dictionary!"
Kath mutters that someone has swallowed a dictionary, 
"Kath Jones -write!"
and is admonished by Diane;  “Kath Jones – write!”   
"Poor Jason!"
Noticing that he is looking downcast, Anita comments to Cassie, “Poor Jason!”
"I had a shock as well – he and Sara have separated"
“I had a shock as well,” she replies, and after some encouragement, eventually reveals, “He and Sara have separated – theyre having ‘a break’ – but, whatever you do, don’t tell anyone!   
"No?   I won't say a word" 
“I thought everyone knew.”   Anita cannot believe her ears, and confirms that she will not say a word.
"Making tea is not your forté"
Dylan is drinking his cup of tea at the cafĂ© flat, and tells Sara that making tea is not her fortĂ©;  “Jason says I make a nice cup of tea,” she protests.   He raises the subject of the kiss, 
"It was silly – I don't know where it came from"
and she replies, “It was silly – I don’t know where it came from.”
"I am a friend of Jason's"
He likewise regrets it, and feels bad because he is a friend of Jason’s;  they agree to forget about it, 
They hug – as friends?
and he invites then to hug, allegedly as ‘friends’.
Jason sits, thinking . . .
Out in the open air now, Jason is sitting, thinking, 
. . . while DJ looks concerned
watched by DJ, 
The kissing starts again
while we see that in the cafĂ© flat, that hug is developing into something more;  they are kissing increasingly passionately.
Jason has nothing to write about 'Family'
Jason has written the word ‘Family’ at the top of his sheet of paper;  he does not add anything else, and looks devastated;  
Next stage:  remove her cardigan
meanwhile Dylan is removing Sara’s cardigan.
Brenda is still sneezing
Out in the garden, Brenda is still sneezing, and Anita wonders to what she is allergic;  “All you’ve done since we got here is sneeze and cough.”   She replies that she is intolerant, not allergic, 
"I can't tolerate you, either!"
and Anita mutters under her breath, “I can’t tolerate you, either!”   Brenda does not want to take tablets, and maintains that it will settle down in a minute.
"I've just heard something terrible!"
Anita turns to Kath, and first of all instructs her that this must be kept to herself;  “I’ve heard something terrible – Sara and Jason are going to break up for a little while.   Awful, isn’t it?”   
"Of course, I won't breathe a word"
Kath is horrified, and of course promises not to breathe a word.
"Fancy going to the pub, DJ?"
Jason proposes going to the pub, but DJ warns him that his mother would kill him, 
"Do you think it's a good idea to text her?"
and, as Jason is composing a text, he goes on, “Do you think it’s a good idea to text her?”
"I'm not sending a text – it's a picture"
Jason points out that they have agreed not to send messages to each other;  “But I’m not sending a text – I’m sending a picture of this place.”
"Cassie can be trusted"
Jason confirms that Cassie knows about their break, and is confident that she can be trusted.
"Do you want comething to drink?"
Dylan asks Sara if she would like something to drink, and she decides upon squash;  
She receives the message from Jason . . .
then a message arrives on her phone – the photo which Jason has sent, followed by the words, “Remember when we were forced to stay in a barn?”   
. . . and Sara is seized with guilt
She immediately feels guilty.
DJ with his less than literary contribution
DJ reads his piece on the subject of ‘My Family’;
“I have a longing for my home afar, 
Every quack, every moo, every baa.
But have no fear, 
The memories I have here are clear.”
Kath obviously does not think much of that . . .
Apparently Kath regards this as quite bad, but Diane describes the lovely touches about Penrhewl;  
. . . but Diane is very complimentary
“The Grass growing, and the longing for the animals.   You should come to the Writing Club more often, you know.”
"Diane thinks she's the Meuryn"
Anita comments to Cassie, “I think Diane believes she’s the Meuryn.” [the judge of a Welsh poetry competition]
"Mine doesn't rhyme, though"
Next Kath is detailed to read her contribution, and explains that she has a poem as well;  “Mine doesn’t rhyme, though.”
Kath reads her poem
“Important, treasure, feet in slippers, 
A cuppa?   Are you making one?   Lovely!
But suddenly – silence – no family – crying.”
There is applause, although Anita cannot understand the poem, 
That was interesting – and modern"
and Diane says it was very interesting and modern.
Cassie is not feeling too well
Cassie admits that she has not written anything, as she is not feeling great, so Jason is asked next, 
"Sorry, Mam, I didn't feel inspired today"
but he apologises that he has not written anything either – he did not feel inspired today.
"That was a rather flat end to the session"
“Well, that was a rather flat end to the session,” Diane groans, “A half-hour break now, and then we’ll meet back here.   We shall be playing creative games.”   
"I can see you're pretty fed up"
They all leave the room except Jason and Cassie;  she says she has a headache, and can see that he is pretty fed up as well.
He informs her that Sara has left Bryntirion since they last spoke;  
"I'm just afraid she'll never come back!"
“She says she wants space – I’m happy enough to give her space – I’m just afraid she’ll never come back!”   He gets up and walks out of the room.
"Champagne, lobster?"
Dylan asks if Sara fancies a pizza;  “We don’t have to have pizza – you can have what do you like – Champagne, lobster.”
"I've slept with a guy I barely know!"
She replies, “I’m married, and I’ve just slept with a guy I barely know!   It’s true – I don’t know anything about you.   I can’t eat a pizza like a teenager, and pretend nothing’s happened.”
"We could just chill out"
He asks when she is collecting Ifan;  “Kelly said the flat is free all afternoon – we could just chill out, you and me.”   He kisses her again, 
"Come on, Miss Uptight!"
and says, “Come on, Miss Uptight, I’m starving – what toppings do you want on your pizza?   Because, if I order, who knows what you’ll get?   Lobster?”
"I was so sorry to hear the news"
Kath approaches Diane, and says how sorry she was to hear the news;  Diane does not know what she is talking about, so she explains, “About Jason and Sara – well, you know . . .”
"I obviously don't know, so tell me!"
“Well, I obviously don’t, so tell me!” Diane snaps at her, and Kath says that she heard from Anita that they had broken up – 
"They're on a break"
or rather, were on a break.
Diane marches over to Jason
Diane looks very sternly at Jason, who is chatting to Llinos, 
"What's this about you and Sara?"
and demands, “What’s this about you and Sara?   Say something!”
"It sounds to me like you already know"
He growls, “Like what, Mam?   It sounds to me like you already know,” and he walks away.
"Hot enough without the chillies, are you?"
Dylan asks Sara, “Do you want it?” and she replies that she does not if there are chillies on it;  “Hot enough without the chillies, are you?” he remarks, and she regards that as a Christmas cracker joke.
"I'm only laughing because it's so terrible!"
He asks if she heard about the woman who had an operation on her pelvis – she turned out to be a bit of hippy, at which Sara laughs, but only because it is so terrible.
"Lazy afternoon, is it?"
At that moment, Kelly returns;  “Lazy afternoon, is it?”   
Dylan gathers up the pizza boxes . . .
Dylan get up from the sofa, gathers up the pizza boxes 
. . . and hurries away 'to recycle them'
and makes a very hasty exit back to Tapas.
"Sorry to disturb the pizza party!"
“Sorry to disturb the pizza party!” says Kelly.
Jason's peace does not last long
Jason has escaped from the Writing Club and is looking out across the countryside from a conveniently placed gate.   
"Don't you think I should know?"
His mother approaches, shouting, “Why didn’t you tell me?   Don’t you think I should know before everyone else?”
"I didn't know how to tell you, all right?"
He explains that it was not his fault;  “I didn’t know how to tell you, all right?”   Diane intends to ring Sara and sort this out, 
"Keep your nose out of my business, will you?"
but he angrily responds, “No, Mam – please keep your big nose out of my business for once, will you?”
"Opened your big mouth, did you, DJ?"
Then he rages at DJ;  “Thanks a lot – you opened your big mouth, did you?”   
"I misunderstood who knew about it"
but Cassie explains that she misunderstood who knew about it.   
"Thanks, Cassie, that's the last time I trust you!"
“Thanks, Cassie – that’s the last time I trust you, then!” he snarls.
"So what happened then?"
In the Deri, Kelly enquires, “So, what happened while I was in Carmarthen?   Is talking all you did?   And a cheeky kiss?”
"Tell me I'm doing the wrong thing, Kelly!"
“Please, Kelly, I’m a married woman – tell me I’m doing the wrong thing,” but she is informed that she is happy and she deserves it.   
"The old Kelly might have had a go, but . . ."
Kelly encourages her to enjoy it while it lasts;  “I mean it – the old Kelly might have had a go, but after everything I’ve been through, 
"Life's too short, Sara!"
“life’s too short, and you’ve been through a lot – so you deserve to be happy!”
Dylan smiles at Sara
Dylan comes into the pub and smiles at her;  
"Look who the cat dragged in!"
“Look who the cat dragged in!” Kelly comments, “Oh dear – I think someone likes Dylan more than I realised.”
"I was only being civil"
Sara replies that she was just being civil;  
"Being civil – like you were on the sofa?"
“Being civil like you were earlier, is it?   On the sofa.   Stop looking at him, for goodness’ sake!”