19 September 2019

Sara awakens on Kelly's sofa
Sara wakes up, and for a moment wonders where she is;  her phone rings, 
She ignores Jason's call
and she finds it is a call from Jason.   The time is 09:35, so she hurriedly gets ready to leave, but does not answer the call.   
On her way out . . . 
On her way out, she sees a note from Kelly;  
. . . she sees a note from Kelly
“Good morning!   Midwife appointment.   Phone me later!”
He is not after Gwen now, is he?
In the café, Gwen serves Dylan with his coffee, and he appears to be eyeing her in his usual lecherous way, 
Sara hurries downstairs
just as Sara comes rushing downstairs;  
"I'm on my way home"
she tells him that she is going home.   
"Are you coming to Jaclyn's gig?"
He wants to know if she will be coming to Jaclyn’s gig tonight, and she says she will see him there.
"Dani wants to know if we are going"
Colin is folding the washing as Britt receives a message from Dani, asking if they are going to Jaclyn’s gig.   He says that is great, but Britt  does not feel like listening to country singing.   Colin loves a bit of country music;  “It’s nice to have a bit of a change sometimes – perhaps we could do some dancing together!   We used to dance a lot,” he says, taking her hand.
Britt objects to Colin's dancing
Britt becomes very flustered;  “I can’t cope with some things any more – you should know that!”   
"All right, we'll stay here then"
He agrees that they can stay at home if that is what she wants.   “Right, I’ll see you tonight!” she shouts, and retires to the bedroom.
Colin is annoyed . . .
This annoys Colin, who flings down the item he was folding, and gets out his phone to send a message.   
. . . and sends a text . . .
He asks ‘Melissa’, “Can we meet?” 
. . . which receives an instant reply
and the immediate reply tells him to come at 3:00pm.
Jaclyn cannot make up her mind
Jaclyn is seeking guidance on which dress to wear this evening;  both Dylan and Brenda recommend the black one.   
"Whichever one you're more comfortable in"
Gerwyn tells her to wear whichever she feels is more comfortable.   
"They're singing a duet at the end!"
Brenda insists that they both have to match, and explains to Dylan and that they are singing a duet at the end;  “The piece de resistance!”
What is Gerwyn doing with that phone?
Meanwhile Gerwyn appears to be messaging on his phone, then he leaves for work, telling Jaclyn to look after her voice.   
"This is your gig, Jac!"
Dylan points out that this is her gig;  
"It's happening – and that's the end of it!"
Jaclyn replies, “It’s happening – and that’s the end of it!” but he is very disapproving.
"Where have you been, Sara?"
When Sara gets back to Bryntirion, Jason exclaims, “Thank goodness!   Where have you been?”   She says that she fell asleep on Kelly’s sofa, and he goes on, “All you had to do was let me know where you were!”   
"We almost called the police!"
Diane joins in the condemnation, maintaining that they almost called the police, and snarls, “Ifan is with Elinor – he felt abandoned by his mother!”   Jason agrees that the child was worried sick, but Sara is going to have a shower.   

"You need to sort this out  – today!"
Jason tells her to stop, and Diane leaves them to talk, warning, whatever is going, on they need to sort it out – today.
Debbie brings Ricky a cup of tea
At Maes-y-Deri, Debbie brings Ricky a drink;  the family are discussing what fancy dress to wear for the race, with the Flintstones and the Simpsons being suggested, 
"I'm not running in face paint!"
but Debbie objects to wearing face paint.
Mark, who has excused himself from the race because of his dodgy knee, is about to leave for work, 
"You're able to do a post round, aren't you?"
and his mother stresses that he is able to do a post round;  he tells them not to forget the gig tonight, 
"I'll stay here and keep Ricky company"
but Debbie does not fancy it – she will stay at home and keep Ricky company.
"Look, Mam, I don't need a babysitter!"
He protests that he will be all right on his own, and Mark reminds her that he will soon be going to College;  “Look, Mam, I don’t need a babysitter – go and enjoy yourself!” Ricky tells her, “Please, Mam!”
"I wasn't expecting to see you back so soon"
‘Melissa’ was not expecting to see Colin back so soon, and he says that he listened to her advice;  “Oh, I’m an all right therapist, after all, then,” she sneers, but he does not agree, 
"Britt's more angry with me now than before"
explaining that Britt is more angry with him now than before.
'Melissa' is very mercenary
“Money first – or get out!” he is harshly informed, “I’ve had to refuse another client for you!”   
Can he afford all this, after his wallet was stolen?
Colin parts with another £50 of his hard-earned cash, and she continues, “As you know, I'm not a therapist.   You came here for a chat, and you left, feeling a little bit better.   
"What happened afterwards is not my responsibility"
“What happened afterwards is not my responsibility.”
Colin assures her that he fully appreciates that, and she wants to know what happened;  “Well, that night, everything went great – she was like Britt again – I couldn’t believe it!   
"This morning, I made a mess of things!"
“But this morning, I made a mess of things – it was a disaster!”   Colin is invited to sit down.
"I was up half the night, worried about you!"
At Bryntirion, Jason tells Sara, “I was up half the night, worried about where you were.   You don’t seem to care at all.”   She snarls that she was only away for one night, but he continues, “You’re being so selfish – I didn’t know where you were!”
"I'm being selfish?"
“I’m being selfish?” she rages, 
"I'm trying to prove myself again and again"
and he maintains that all he is doing these days is trying to prove himself and and again and again, to make things better for both of them.
"All I've done for months is support you!"
Sara shouts, “All I’ve done for months is support you – I don’t have a home or a business – I live with my mother-in-law, and I’m skint – 
"I can't complain, can I, Jason?   And I'm the selfish one?""
“but I can’t complain, can I, Jason?   I can’t do anything, in case I upset you – and I’m the selfish one?”
"I'm sorry, Sara"
He comes up with the usual, “I’m sorry – you’re not selfish,” 
"I can't live like this any more!"
but she is adamant she cannot live like this any more.   
"Look, we'll go away somewhere"
“Look, we’ll go away somewhere, just the three of us, on holiday,” he proposes.
“Going away somewhere won’t fix it,” she groans, so he says they will go and see someone for some help.   
"I want a break, Jase!"
Sara informs him, “I want a break, Jase,” and he is speechless.
Jaclyn is ready for her performance
Jaclyn and Gerwyn are clad all in black, and Brenda says they look like film stars;  Gerwyn complains that his stomach is churning, and he needs something to settle it;  
Gerwyn is on that phone again
he slyly gets out his phone and types a quick text.   Dylan arrives and compliments Jaclyn on her appearance.
"It's all right – I'll come over now!"
Then, just as he had planned, Gerwyn’s phone rings;  he answers, “Oh no, – it’s all right, I’ll come over now!”   
"Ifan Hen Gwrt has broken down"
He tells them, “Ifan Hen Gwrt has broken down outside Llanarthur – I can’t lose a good customer – I’ll try and make it back for the duet, all right?   You don’t need me anyway – you’ll be great – you’re amazing!”
"The show must go on, Brenda"
He rushes off, and Brenda declares that it is a shame, but Dylan reminds her that the show must go.
"Britt's in there, somewhere"
Colin continues with his £50-worth, “Britt’s in there somewhere, you’re right – I saw her, but I went too far this morning.”   
"You must have patience, Colin"
He is reminded that he needs patience, 
"I just want things to be back where they were"
but he just wants things to be back as they were.   “We were supposed to go out to this gig tonight – in the pub her brother owns.”
"Running a pub?   I can't think of anything worse!"
‘Melissa’ cannot think of anything worse than running a pub, 
"How did you find yourself in this . . . business?"
and Colin enquires, “Have you always done . . . this?   How did you find yourself in this business, then?”
He is amazed when she says that she likes it, 
"I don't have to justify myself to you"
and she makes it quite clear that she does not have to justify herself to him.   
"No, I'm not judging you"
He assures her that he is not judging, but she says that his face shows it all;  
"You're no different to the other men who come here"
“You’re no different to the other men who come here – you all look down your noses!”
He realises that his big mouth has made a mess of things again, 
"Why don't you make full use of my service?"
and she invites him to make use of her full service, as he is so interested.   “Come on – you’ve got plenty of time left for a quick treat!   I don’t think it will take long!”
"Sorry – I didn't mean to upset you"
Disgusted, Colin picks up his coat and says that he is sorry;  “I didn’t mean to upset you – not at all,” 
'Melissa' scowls – but at least is £50 better off
and leaves the room
"You'll be fine, Jac!"
Jaclyn is preparing the microphone for her debut, and nervously tells Dylan, “I can’t do this!” but he has great confidence in her, and is glad that Gerwyn is not there, as she is the one who is singing.   
"Give a massive welcome to Jaclyn!"
Dani announces that the moment everyone has been waiting for has arrived;  “Give a massive welcome to Jaclyn!” and she begins to sing.
Jaclyn begins to sing
“There’s something about you that I can’t explain,
Something about you that makes my heart beat;
There’s something about you that I can’t escape,
Something about you that I can’t forget.”
Gwyneth appears not to be enjoying it
Meanwhile, Gwyneth, who is by the bar, is wearing an unimpressed look, 
"She's got a lovely voice"
and Kath remarks to Dylan that Jaclyn has a lovely voice.
At Bryntirion, Jason suggests, “If living here with Mam is the problem, we’ll move out – we’ll find somewhere else to live.”   
"I don't just want a break from Bryntirion"
Sara says that she does just want a break from Bryntirion, 
"What do you want then, Sara?"
and he does not understand;  “What do you want, Sara?”
“I want time,” she replies, and he does not know what that means, and asks what she wants time to do.   
"I want time away from you"
“I want time away from you – we’re not having fun any more, are we?   We don’t enjoy each other’s company like we used to.   Don’t you feel that as well?”   Jason maintains that they can have fun, and can try again;  
"Couples shouldn't have to try all the time"
“Couples shouldn’t have to try all the time,” she sighs, and walks across to the sofa.   
"What do you want me to do, Sara?"
He demands where she is going now, and what she wants him to do.   She does not know the answer to that.
"I'm going to the Deri"
“I’m going to the Deri,” she says, and he is determined to go with her;  
"I'm not going to discuss this with you now!"
she snarls, “I’m not going to discuss this with you now!” and walks out of the door;  he puts on his shoes and follows her.
Colin finds the flat empty on his return
Colin arrives back in the chippy flat and it checks to see if anyone is there;  he gets out his phone and calls Dylan.   
"Setting me up with a prostitute isn't clever!"
“Setting me up with a prostitute isn’t clever!” he rages, “I had a huge shock on Wednesday – and today!   
"Yes, I went to see her again!"
“Yes, I went to see her again, Dylan – because I want a therapist – what?   I can’t hear you because of that hurdy-gurdy music in the background!”   
"It was like a circus in the Cash and Carry"
Then he hears Britt coming, and rapidly ends the call;  she welcomes him back and says that he took his time;  he gives the excuse that it was like a circus in the Cash and Carry.   She has been looking forward to seeing him, and he replies that he had been looking forward to going to the Deri.
"I'm sorry – I am trying, you know"
“I’m sorry – I am trying you know,” Britt tells him, 
"Have patience, Colin"
“Have patience – we’ll go dancing some other time, I promise.”   
"How about a cup of tea and a film?"
He suggests that they have a cup of tea together and watch a romantic film on the sofa.   
"Yes – Dirty Dancing!"
She thinks that ‘Dirty Dancing’ might be suitable, and says that she will make the tea.
Seeing that the old Britt is back again, Colin sends a quick message to ‘Melissa’, 
Another message to 'Melissa'
which reads, “Sorry for today and thanks.”   He looks much more happy.
"Spirit of the night"
In the Deri, Jaclyn is singing, “Spirit of the night, soul of the earth,” as she continues her performance.   Sour-faced Gwyneth complains to Garry, “I thought she was going to sing country songs – where are the classics, then?”
"I do know where the door is!"
Garry replies, “I don’t know – but I do know where the door is!” and Dani cannot help smiling.
Jaclyn continues with the spirit of the night
Now Jaclyn is singing, “I hear a song in the sound of the breeze, 
And the words’ enchanting message, flying over the hills, 
Come, spirit of the night.”
"You're playing with fire, Gwyneth!"
Debbie walks over to where Gwyneth is standing, and tells her to put the phone away, warning her that she is playing with fire.   
"I'm part of something now – something big!"
The reply is, “I’m part of something now – something big!”
"Let us be, let us be free"
Extinguish the darkness, bring the day, 
Let us be, let us be free,”
are the last two lines of Jaclyn’s next song, just as Sara comes into the Deri, 
He has his sights set on Sara (amongst others)
a fact not missed by Dylan, who smiles at her.   
Sara wishes Jason was not there
Jason is also by the bar, and Sara does not look very pleased about this.
"Well, I think it worked"
Gerwyn comes into the back door of number 10, speaking on the phone;  “Well, I think it worked,” he says, 
He checks, and indeed the house is empty
checking to make sure no-one is in the house.   “It worked – she should have finished singing by now – 
"Thanks for your help, John"
“thanks for your help, John!”   Then he heads quite happily to the Deri.
Jaclyn's gig concludes . . .
Jacqueline is still singing about playing with fire, which is her last song, 
. . . and she is applauded
and receives rapturous applause;  she thanks the audience for being lovely and Dylan brings her a drink.   “I can’t believe Gerwyn missed this,” Brenda complains, 
Dylan thinks it is perfect timing
but Dylan describes it as perfect timing, saying that his sister was great.
"Don't say that I missed it?"
Gerwyn arrives, and exclaims disappointedly, “Don’t say that I missed it?   It was a dirty job and it took ages, I’m so sorry.”   
She finds no evidence of 'a dirty job'
Jaclyn has her doubts, and when she finds his hands have not a trace of oil upon them, this is confirmed, and she demands where he has been.
"I know I can't sing"
He explains, “Look, I didn’t want you to share the limelight with me – I know I can’t sing – the children and I have held you back for long enough – 
"This is your time on your own, OK?"
“this is your time on your own, OK?”
An encore, by popular request
The audience are shouting for more, so she repeats one of the earlier songs, Chwarae’n Troi’n Chwerw.  [Playing Turning Bitter]   
"Singing is something for Jaclyn, not me"
Gerwyn tells his mother that singing is something for Jaclyn, not him.
Jaclyn sings,                                          “You fall into the trap, not knowing what is what, 
And there is nothing left but a crazy idea.”
Dylan is eyeing Sara
Dylan is looking across at Sara, and then Jason offers to buy her a drink.   
"All I want is to be left alone by you!"
“I don’t want a drink, Jason, and I don’t want a chat.   All I want is to be left alone by you!” 
Sara walks away . . .
and she walks away,
. . . to Jason's distress
much to his distress.