28 August 2019 (2nd)

Sioned tries to phone Dylan . . .
Sioned comes out of the shop flat into the alley and makes a phone call;  
. . . but he rejects the call
she can see Dylan walking past the café, and when his phone rings, he looks at it and rejects the call, which she finds somewhat disappointing.
Mathew is still paranoid about that picture
Inside the café, as DJ is tucking into his lunch, Mathew looks anxiously at the picture on the wall;  
"That was lovely!"
“That was lovely!” says DJ, and asks Mathew what is wrong with him.   
"I'm not hungry – with her looking down at me!"
He is not hungry – especially with Auntie Nel looking down on him.
“Nothing puts me off my food – not even ghosts!” DJ brags, as Sioned comes in, 
"The intercom is not working now!
complaining that the intercom in the flat is playing up, and Mathew attributes this to the effect of Auntie Nel.
"She's getting her revenge!"
“She’s getting her revenge!” he snarls, “I’m telling you – DJ, do you want to go out tonight?”   Sioned points out that he does not want to be in the flat on his own, but Mathew insists that he just fancies a pint.   
"Sorry, Mathew, I've got other plans"
DJ replies that he has other plans.
"I'll go with you, Mathew"
Sioned is looking at her phone, and volunteers that she will go out with Mathew;  
"Not one of your mega-benders!"
He is insistent, “We’re only going to Cwrtmynach – and I’m not carrying you home!   I just want a couple of pints, not one of your mega-benders!”   Then he leaves for work.
"He's worried about you, Sioned"
DJ assures her that Mathew worries about her, but Sioned replies, “I’m simply acting my age.”   He wonders if Dylan has phoned her, 
"I don't care whether he phones or not!"
but she sneers, “I don’t care whether he phones or not!”
The 'For Sale' board is up on the salon
We see the ‘For Sale’ sign outside the salon, 
"I think that we should put in an offer"
as Garry walks past, telling Dani, “I think that we should put in an offer today,” 
"We have to do our sums first , Gar"
but she is adamant that they need to do the sums first, to see what they can afford.   “If she asks for 110, we can knock off ten at least,” he predicts.
She asks how much rent they will get each month, and is surprised  to discover that he is not going to charge rent;  “So who is going to run the place?” she demands.   
"No way!"
When he looks at her, she protests, “No way, Garry, I’ve got enough on with the Deri and everything!”   
"You don't want Gwyneth to buy it, do you?"
He asks whether she wants Gwyneth to buy it, but Dani is confident that Gwyneth will not be able to afford it.
Brenda has heard there is to be a massage parlour
Then their conversation is interrupted by Brenda, says she has heard someone wants to open a massage parlour there;  
"I might try for a job there"
“It would be handy, especially for someone like me, who’s worked in one before!   I might try for a job – part-time, of course.”
"Can we hold the Writing Club in the Deri tonight?"
Cassie comes along, enquiring if she can hold the Writing Club in the Deri tonight.   “We’re good enough for you this week, are we?   You were in Tapas last week,” replies Garry, and Cassie explains that they were intending to use Gwyneth’s house, but apparently she is up to her ears in mortgage application forms.
This news disturbs Dani
Dani looks disturbed to hear this news, and Garry agrees they can use the Deri, as long as they buy a few drinks.   
"I hope it's not just old people"
Brenda is looking forward to it, and hopes that it is not just old people;  “We need some excitement,” she maintains.
Eileen prepares her literary masterpiece
At Penrhewl, Eileen is very busy, preparing for the Writing Club this evening, and asks Eifion when he comes in, “Have you seen the new invoice book?”   She was under the impression that he was dealing with the fence in the bottom field, 
"Izzy wants to discuss the Antur Iaith activities"
but he says that Izzy wanted to discuss dates for the Antur Iaith activities.
Izzy tells Eileen, “The kids love coming here,” 
"Make sure you complete the Health and Safety forms"
and is told to make sure she completes the Health and Safety forms.   
"There are pages missing here!"
Then Eileen discovers the missing invoice book, and is dismayed to see that there are pages missing, which someone has ripped out;  
"That must have been Jim"
Eifion says that it must have been Jim.
“Jim wouldn’t do that – he never sends invoices,” she says, 
"Remember – you issued an invoice for veg for Yr Antur"
but Izzy quickly improvises that Eifion issued an invoice for the veg that the Antur had, but it was in English, and he had to rewrite it in Welsh.   
"Oh, yeah – I forgot about that"
He is told, “Next time you make a mistake, just put a line through it,” and then Eileen turns her attention to Izzy, so they can organise some dates.
Gwen is busy in the café 
In the café, Gwen is cleaning a table 
"Would you like to come to the Writing Club?"
when Cassie enquires if Sioned would like to come to the Writing Club this evening, but the invitation is declined;  
"I don't want to spend the night with old fogies!"
“I don’t want to spend the night with old fogies,” she remarks, and returns to reading her book.
Dylan was not expecting to see Sioned 
Dylan, who had not noticed that Sioned was sitting there, comes in, looking for Sara, 
Sioned looks disappointed 
as he has left the keys for Tapas at home;  as no-one can help him, he goes off to continue his search.
"Writing can be a tonic – even for heartbreak"
“Writing can be a tonic for all kinds of things,” says Cassie, “Even heartbreak,” 
"I'm not heart-broken"
but Sioned replies that she is not heart-broken;  “No, I was talking about myself – I’ve written about heartbreak and more heartbreak!” Cassie continues, “It works every time.   If you change your mind, we’ll be in the Deri at seven.”
Dani replenishes the Britvic
Dani brings some bottles of Britvic to the bar at the Deri, and DJ wants to know where Garry is;  she would also like to know that.   
"She does work for you, doesn't she?"
Dylan is still looking for Sara, and DJ comments, “Don’t you know where she is – she does work for you, doesn’t she?” but is told that she has the day off.
“Well, if she’s not home, she must be at the Mother and Baby Club at Soar – in Llanarthur,” suggests DJ, 
"Are you going to ring Sioned?"
adding, “Are you going to ring Sioned?   Don’t play games with me – you know exactly what I mean!”   Dani wants to know what is going on, 
"There's nothing going on"
but Dylan insists that there is nothing at all.   
“You’d better tell her then!” DJ advises, and Dylan says he has not had a chance to tell her so.   
"Have you considered going back to hairdressing?"
Then he asks Dani if she has ever considered going back to hairdressing, 
"I've got plenty to do here, thank you"
but she makes it quite clear that she has plenty to do there.
“I can offer you a good wage,” he continues, 
"I've put in an offer for the salon"
“I’ve put in an offer for the salon.”   DJ did not know that he could cut hair, but Dylan describes it as an investment.   Dani enquires if Erin Medi has accepted the offer, 
"She's accepted £120,000"
and is told that she has agreed £120,000.   He heads towards Llanarthur in his quest for Sara.
"Don't talk like that about Sioned!"
“So he’s Sioned’s latest victim, is he?” sneers Dani, but is reprimanded by DJ.
"She has every right to make mistakes"
Cassie, who has just arrived, points out, “Sioned is young, single and pretty – she has every right to make mistakes – we all make our share.”   Dani agrees she will put up a notice about the Writing Club.
Sioned is reading about freeing her mind
We see that the book Sioned has been reading is entitled ‘Free Your Mind and Your Soul Will Follow’
"Did you know the hot water's not working?"
as Mathew reports that the hot water is not working.   
"I've asked Iolo to come and fix it"
Sioned has been in touch with Iolo to look at the malfunctioning boiler.   Mathew frets that it is the third thing to go wrong this week.
"Auntie Nel has been busy, hasn't she?"
“Well, Auntie Nel has been busy, hasn’t she?” scoffs Sioned, and he comes to the conclusion he will have to suffer a cold shower.   She will be going to Penrhewl for her shower, and informs him that she will be staying in tonight.
"If you don't come, I'll be a gooseberry!"
He realises that now he will be a gooseberry between Izzy and Eifion, but she points out that he told her she needed to calm down.   
"Dyl by name, dull by nature!"
DJ comes in and gleefully informs them, “I’ve just seen him in the Deri – Dyl by name, dull by nature, bragging about buying the salon.   Sioned describes him as an idiot, which DJ welcomes, 
"Cassie put Dani in her place"
“Because he doesn’t respect you – one person who does respect you is Cassie.   Dani was ‘chopsing’ about you, and Cassie put her in her place!   Fair play to her.”
Sioned is pleased that one person likes her
Mathew goes unenthusiastically for his cold shower.
Brenda reads her 'erotic' fiction . . .
The Writing Club this week includes Llinos and Beti, and Cassie encourages them not to be shy;  Brenda is eager to show off her writing talents, and begins, “We were lying naked, making love in the sun, moving like two scissors – we had endless fun.”
. . . but is stopped by Eileen, who calls it 'filth!'
At this point, Eileen stops her;  “I thought we had to write a paragraph describing someone we know, not some . . . filth!”
"Right – I won't read any more!"
Brenda takes exception to this and refuses to read any more, in order to give someone else a chance.   
Then Diane reads her 'hair-orientated' piece . . .
Next, Diane begins her contribution;  “I looked at the hair growing out of his nose, and the hair growing out of his ears, the hair . . .”
. . . but it is interrupted by Sioned 
At this point, Sioned joins them and apologises for interrupting, but it appears that Diane has two more pages in the same vein as the first sentence.
Eifion and Izzy are enjoying themselves
In the bar at Cwrtmynach, Eifion and Izzy are enjoying themselves, and Eifion says that they make a good team.   
"Hope I'm not spoiling a romantic evening"
Mathew hopes that he is not spoiling a romantic evening, and orders a round of drinks, and offers a drink to the barman, who looks interestedly at him.
Mathew regards this as ‘building good karma’, but Izzy maintains that it will take more than that to get rid of Auntie Nel’s curse, asking him what he is going to do with the picture now.
The barman seems to be interested in Mathew 
As far as he and Eifion are concerned, it is no longer their responsibility, but Mathew is fretting about having moved it to the café.   The barman hands Mathew his change, and gives him a look.
"I think you're in there, boy!"
“I think you’re in there!” Eifion remarks, but Mathew does not know what he is talking about;  
"He was flirting with you"
“He was flirting with you,” Eifion says, knowledgeably, and Izzy comments that it was obvious he fancied Mathew.
“Why would he flirt with me?   He doesn’t know me,” protests Mathew, 
"You bought the man a drink, didn't you?"
and Eifion points out that he bought the man a drink.   “I was only being generous,” Mathew explains, and Eifion does not think it was his aftershave.   He tells them about the shower being broken, another result of Auntie Nel’s curse.
Eifion will pay for the next round, but he will let Mathew go to the bar and order;  “I’m not going there,” is the reply, as both Izzy and Eifion laugh.
"Large gin and tonic, Brenda"
In the Deri, Dani serves Brenda with her gin and tonic, and is told that the Writing Club is boring.  
"Dylan's buying the salon"
“Sorry, but there won’t be a massage parlour in Cwmderi – Dylan’s buying the salon,” Dani announces, 
Garry has overheard this
as Garry walks in;  he suddenly looks angry.
"Dylan – why didn't you tell me?"
“Dylan?” he snarls, and Dani replies that Erin Medi has accepted his offer;  “Why didn’t you tell me?” he demands, and she points out that she has not seen him.   “Who does he think he is?” Garry growls, but she advises him to let it go, as it is too late now.   “It’s never too late – I’m going to make a call,” he tells her, and goes upstairs.
Diane reaches the end of her piece
The Writing Club are still listening to Diane, as she reaches the conclusion, “He’s been complaining a lot less since he started using the cream.”   
"Yes – a raw and honest account"
Cassie thanks her for what was a ‘raw and honest’ description, and wonders if anyone else wants to read something.
Eileen writes from personal experience
Eileen volunteers;         “He sits at the table in the same chair every night,
I put a plate in front of him;
Sometimes he smiles, and sometimes he’s angry,
Sometimes I don’t know him,
But I couldn’t be me without him.”
"Good news – we're buying the salon!"
Garry comes back to the bar with a smile on his face;  “I’ve got good news for you!” he tells Dani, and she wonders if he has managed to get Brenda to pay for her drink.   “No – we’re buying the salon.   I phoned Erin Medi direct, offered £125,000, and she accepted.   She’s sorting it out with the agent tomorrow.”
"Just to save Dylan getting one up on you?"
Dani demands, “You’ve offered £125,000 of our money, just to stop Dylan getting one up on you?   You’ve gazumped him?”   
"Yes – and he'll be furious!"
Garry confirms this, and is very happy that Dylan will be furious.
"Red wine, please"
Sioned comes over and orders a red wine, 
"No, Garry – we won't manage!"
and as Dani gets it she continues ranting at Garry, “You expect me to work here, and over there, and look after two children – no, Garry!   We won’t manage.”
"I know you were slagging me off earlier!"
Sioned remarks, “I just want to say I know you were slagging me off earlier – there was a time when I would have loved to be in your shoes, now I’m glad I’m not!”
"Look after the bar, yeah?"
Then Dani returns to Garry;  “You should have asked me first!” she roars, “It’s time you put me and your children before your ego!   Look after the bar, yeah?”   She storms off upstairs.
"Thanks for sticking up for me"
Eileen is now leaving the Writing Club, and Sioned thanks Cassie for sticking up for her earlier;  “Well, you remind me a lot of myself when I was young,” Cassie replies, 
"Strong, stubborn, fragile"
“Strong, stubborn, fragile – are you coming next week?   Write something – it helps.”   
Brenda returns, and gets Sioned to shift up;  “I wanted to ask you to take a look at something,” she tells Cassie, “It’s an erotic novel – about my life, to be honest – 
"The time I worked part-time in a Massage Parlour"
“the time I worked behind the till for the Post, and part-time in a massage parlour.”
Dani is eating icecream
Dani is up in the Deri flat, eating icecream, when Garry comes into the room;  
"I wanted to surprise you"
he says that he is sorry, but wanted to surprise her.   “Oh, you surprised me, all right!” she snaps.
"I wanted to make sure I got it for you"
“OK, I might have paid too much for the place, but I wanted to make sure I got it for you.   You should have inherited the salon from Sheryl – but you didn’t, thanks to Gwyneth.   
"We've got another opportunity now"
“We’ve got another opportunity now – we’ll own the building and everything.”
"And this has nothing to do with Dylan?"
She is not convinced, but asks, “And this has nothing to do with Dylan?”   He admits that he does not like the guy, but insists that there are more important things.   He does not want to see her slaving all day every day in the Deri.
"This is your chance to show what you can do"
“You’ve got other skills – and this is your chance to show what you can do,” he says, 
"You can give the place a makeover"
as he fetches a spoon from the drawer.   She points out that she does not want him poking his nose in, and he goes on, “You can give the place a makeover – put your own stamp on it.   And with your skills transforming the place, 
"It will be an investment for us and the kids"
“it will be an investment for us and the kids.   What do you say?”
He tries some icecream
He also begins eating icecream, 
"Dani – the boss!"
as she answers, “Perhaps – Dani the boss!”
The barman collects the glasses . . .
At the bar in Cwrtmynach, the barman comes to collect the empty glasses, 
. . . and leaves a beermat
and leaves a beermat in front of Mathew, which Eifion explains bears his phone number.   
"Why would he think I'm interested?"
Mathew is confused;  “I don’t understand – why would he think I’m interested?   I’m not gay!   I must have given him some signals.”
"You offered him a drink!"
Izzy recalls that he offered to buy the barman a drink, but Eifion urges him not to go and protest, embarrassing both himself and the barman.   
"Look, I'll go and sort this out"
Instead he will go and sort out the matter;  he takes the beermat with him, 
"What sort of signals was I sending?"
as Mathew is frantic about what sort of signals he was sending, and assuring Izzy that he was not trying to, 
"Well, you are a handsome man"
but she emphasises that he is a handsome man.
"Mathew says thanks, but no thanks"
At the bar, Eifion begins, “From Mathew over there – he says thanks but no thanks – you’re not his type.”   
He looks rather disappointed . . .
The barman looks disappointed, 
. . . but Eifion keeps the beermat for future reference
while Eifion puts the beermat, with its phone number, into his pocket.