18 September 2019 (1st)

Cassie works on the laptop
Cassie is sitting in the café, with her laptop, and Diane presumes that she is preparing for the Writing Club tonight;  “I’m looking forward to hearing it,” says Diane, 
"I heard Sioned was there last week"
“I missed it last week but I heard that Sioned was there.”   Cassie says that Sioned is a talented storyteller, but Dai has had enough of this small talk and goes to the counter.
"You know this by-election coming up . . ."
Hywel is also there and greets them;  “You know this by-election that is coming up before long . . .”
Dai interrupts him;  “You, Richard Nixon, fancy your chances, do you?”   
"I expect you'll be supporting Anita"
Hywel hopes that he can rely on their support, but by the look on Diane’s face, assumes that they will instead be supporting Anita.
“Becoming a County Councillor is a lot bigger than being a parish councillor,” Hywel goes on, quite deliberately, knowing that is the position which Diane holds, “If you want Anita to look down on you all the time, then go on and support her!”
"Fighting with your own son in public out in the street!"
As Gwen brings Hywel his coffee, Dai comments, “You know what, Hywel, I always thought that to be a councillor you need to be a pillar of the community.   Tell me this – how does fighting with your own son in public out in the street set an example?”
Hywel beats a hasty retreat
This silences Hywel, and he leaves the café without a further word;  Cassie cannot resist smiling at this, 
"Two skinny lattés, please, Gwen"
and Dai orders two skinny lattés.
"I've just been talking about you!"
Hywel meets his son outside the café door, and snarls, “I’ve just been talking about you!”   Rhys supposes that it was nothing good.   
"Look at me – my name is being dragged through the mud!"
“Look at me – people are talking – my good name is being dragged through the mud!” his father rages on, “I’m telling you now, I’m going to report you for what you did!   
"I'm not missing out on being a County Councillor!"
“I’m not missing out on being a County Councillor because of you!   I’m restoring my good name!”
"There we go – thinking about yourself again!"
As he marches away, Rhys comments, “There we go, thinking about yourself again!” 
John Post seems to be following them around
and John Post comes out of the café, having previously watched their altercation the other day.
"I'm going to the Writing Club tonight"
Rhys arrives home, and Ffion tells him to help himself to dinner;  “I’m going to the Writing Club tonight.”   Rhys informs her that his father is going to report him for last week;  
"You're not serious?"
she cannot believe that Hywel would be so petty.
"What a swine!   He started all this!'
“What a swine!” she shouts, but is told that Hywel is worried about his seat on the council;  there is not much he can do, as he threw the first punch.   “He started this, dragging Val here with his lies!” exclaims Ffion.
"He's determined to hurt me and the business!"
“One way or another, he’s determined to hurt me and the business,” Rhys groans, but Ffion gathers her things together to go out.   “Ffi, where are you going?” he demands, “Let him cool down – I don’t want another fight!”
"Don't worry, I'm just going to the Writing Club"
She reassures him, “Don’t worry – as I said, I’m just going to the Writing Club.”   Rhys thinks there is more to it than that.
Colin opens an envelope . . .
At the chip shop flat, Colin opens an envelope, 
. . . containing a replacement credit card
which contains a replacement credit card;  he quickly puts it in his pocket when he hears Britt coming.   She asks what he wants for dinner, 
"There's leftover curry in here"
and he looks in the fridge, finding some leftover curry from last night.
“Great – because I haven’t got much time,” she tells him, 
"You remember I'm going to the Writing Club?"
“You remember about the Writing Club, don’t you?   Are you sure you don’t want to join us?”   
"It's the sofa and television for me tonight"
He replies that it is the sofa and television for him tonight, and she will put the curry in the microwave.
He receives a text, with an address . . .
Colin receives a text message on what must be his replacement phone;  it is from ‘Melissa’, and simply says, “Room 5, 23 Heol y Boncath.”   
. . . and he looks apprehensive
He looks rather apprehensive.
Hywel sits on his own
In the Deri, Hywel is his usual unsociable and solitary self, and at the bar, Diane appears to be trying to persuade Dai to stand for the County Council.   
"DJ last week – me this week!"
“DJ last week – me this week!” he protests, “If you’re so worried about this election, why don’t you stand?” but she argues that being a parish councillor is quite enough for her.   
“You’d make a fantastic County Councillor,” she insists, but he is adamant he does not want to waste his time, hobnobbing with the high and mighty.   
"You're friends with most of them!"
Diane points out, “You’re friends with most of them, at the golf club and the Lodge!   You would love it!”
"If you don't stop going on, I'm going home!"
Dai tries to get his answer over to her;  “No way, José!   And if you don’t stop going on about it, I’m going home!”   
They do not look pleased to see Anita
Then Anita joins them, and they appear less than pleased to see her.
"You're more to blame than anyone"
Ffion has also entered and immediately confronts Hywel;  “Listen, you’re more to blame than anyone for what happened last week.”   Hywel points out that Rhys attacked him, 
"Reporting your own son?"
but Ffion continues, “What you and Val did was horrible, but you’ve gone too far this time!   Reporting your own son?   What’s wrong with you?”
"It's no more than he deserves!"
Hywel maintains it is no more than he deserves, 
"Look at you!    How has it come to this?"
but Ffion resolutely sits down at the table and tells him straight, “Look at you!   How has it come to this?”   Hywel blames her for starting this, by going out with Rhys.
"Is it jealousy – or just pride?"
She demands, “Did jealousy bring you to this point – or just pride?   You missed out on so much over the years – and now that he’s back in your life, this is how you want to be?   
"You've created enough enemies with that election nonsense!"
“You’ve created enough enemies with that election nonsense – you need people like Rhys in your life, because if you carry on like this, 
Ffion is not one to mince her words
“you’ll become a sad and lonely old man!”
Hywel mulls over what she said
Having said her piece, she gets up and walks out, leaving Hywel to ponder upon her words.
Colin arrives at the mystery address
Colin has arrived at the place for his appointment, and is even more apprehensive;  he sees doors marked with numbers, and a man comes out of one of them, 
Someone goes into that room
followed by a woman, who then goes back inside.   
He knocks on door number 5
He knocks on the door of number 5 
'Melissa' must be Lisa Morgan's pseudonym, when she is 'working'
and is invited in by none other than Lisa Morgan, although he does not know her;  
Indicating 'not to be disturbed'
she changes the indicator on the door from green to red.   
"I haven't done this before"
“I haven’t done this before,” Colin confesses, and ‘Melissa’ realises that he is ‘one of those’, and promises to be gentle.
"Do I have to listen to them all?"
Dai has been persuaded to sit with the Writing Club, as they wait for Cassie to arrive;  “Do I have to listen to all them?” he moans, and Diane informs him that he must support her when she suggests the camping trip.   
"As there's no sign of Cassie . . ."
As Brenda can see that there is no sign of Cassie, 
". . . I might as well take charge"
she volunteers to lead the evening herself, which is not popular with the other members, then wants to read her piece first, 
"This is going from bad to worse!"
causing Dai to grumble, “This is going from bad to worse!”
She cannot possibly be taken seriously in those glasses
Brenda rambles on about someone’s breath being warm on her neck, although Diane informs Dai that the subject is supposed to be ‘work’.   “The alarm clock rings, but the bed’s warm, and his strong arms stop me from going to work,” Brenda goes on – and on, in her usual vein.
"They're all like this from her!"
“You know what?   They’re all like this from her!” groans Anita, and Ffion decides to escape to the bar.   
"I thought you were coming for the Writing Club"
Rhys has just come in, and, noticing his father there, says he thought she was just coming to the Writing Club, and knows she must have talked to him.
"You don't expect anything from a donkey, apart from a kick!"
Ffion replies, “I had to say something – but you don’t expect anything from a donkey, apart from a kick!”   Then she asks Anita, who has also escaped, “How are things going with the by-election?”   Anita says she hopes that they will support her, 
"I don't want Hywel anywhere near the council"
and Ffion makes it quite clear, “I don’t want Hywel anywhere near the Council.”   From his nearby position, Hywel has been listening to this conversation.
"Hywel Llywelyn is mentioned in my story!"
By now, Brenda is becoming aggrieved that two of her listeners have escaped to the bar, and tries to encourage them by pointing out, “Hywel Llywelyn is playing a part in my story before long.”   
"I'm not listening to this fool's shenanigans!"
Dai has sat there long enough, and declares that he is not going to listen to the shenanigans of that fool, so Diane tells Brenda that will be enough from her, and Anita certainly does not want to hear anything about Hywel.   “It’s putting me off my drink,” says Britt.
Hywel wonders whether to carry out his threat
Hywel picks up his phone, and finds the page on the Dyfed-Powys Police website, entitled, ‘Reporting Online’.   He thinks about what he is going to do.
"I wasn't quite sure what to expect"
At his appointment with ‘Melissa’, Colin confesses, “I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, to be honest with you – 
"Will it be on the bed?"
“will it be on the bed?”   She replies that she can comply with his requirements, and assures him there is no need to be nervous.   “I don’t know if I need this,” he goes on, 
"Now I'm here, I might as well give it a go"
“But now that I’m here, I might as well give it a go.”
He takes off his jacket, and ‘Melissa’ tells him that every man needs this from time to time;  
"Tell me what you want, and I'll do my best to help"
“Just tell me what you want, and I’ll do my best to help.”
"We've been through a rough patch – she's bipolar"
He starts to talk about his relationship with his partner, Britt, and that they have been through a rough patch, as she is bipolar.   
'Melissa' strokes his shoulder . . .
‘Melissa’ is stroking his shoulder, as he reports that the last year has been hell, but they have got through the worst part of it;  “She’s nothing like she was when she was ill,” he adds.
. . . and she appears to be undoing his shirt!
When ‘Melissa’ moves forward to embrace him, he wonders what she is doing, and realises that she is . . .   
"Oh no!   Hold the boat!"
“Oh, no!” he exclaims, “Hold the boat – there’s been a misunderstanding!   
"I want to talk, or perhaps have a massage with a therapist!"
“I want to talk, or perhaps have a massage with a therapist!”   
She starts to unbutton herself
He is told that some people find it very therapeutic, as ‘Melissa’ begins to unbutton her blouse.
"I'm sorry, but this isn't what I want!"
“I’m sorry, but this isn’t what I want!” Colin insists, and, embarrassed, turns to leave;  
"You're not going anywhere without paying!"
he is stopped from doing so, and is sternly warned he is not going anywhere without paying.   
“Whatever you thought, you booked the slot, and the price is £50!” says ‘Melissa’, angrily.   
Colin has to hand over the money
He realises he has no alternative, so pays up;  
"Good – now we understand each other"
“Good – now we understand each other,” he is informed.
He is sorry for wasting her time, 
"Did you really think you were coming to see a shrink?"
and she enquires, “Did you really think you were coming to see a shrink?”   
"Well, a bloke gave me a card"
He admits that a bloke gave him a card.   “Listen, I’m not a therapist in any way, but you have paid – do you want to tell me about Britt?   Why not?   
"You can have all my attention for 25 minutes"
“You can have all my attention for 25 minutes – it’s up to you – 
What is to be Colin's answer?
“I don’t mind one way or the other.”
Britt reaches the end of her piece
In the Writing Club, Britt is now coming to the end of her piece;  “I switch off the light for another day.”   
"It's a great place for a snooze and to relax"
Dai has been dozing, and can see why Diane likes coming there;  “It’s a great place for a snooze and to relax – much cheaper than a spa!”   
"What if we went camping?"
Diane wants to discuss something with the group;  “I have looked into things, and a trip to London is going to cost a fortune!   But I’ve had another idea – what if we went camping?”   
"That's a brilliant idea, Diane!"
Dai, as instructed, hails it a brilliant idea, but no-one else seems to be very keen.
"It will do you all good, getting out there"
Dai continues to extol the idea;  “It will do you all good, getting out there, for a lungful of country air.”   Brenda thinks it will be fun, sleeping under the stars, and Dai goes on, “It will be much healthier than traipsing around London in that smog!”
Ffion is persuaded of the benefits . . .
Even Ffion acknowledges they would have more time to write if they went camping.   
. . . and the plan is carried by a majority
When Diane calls for a vote, Anita and Britt find they are the only ones against the trip.    It is described as an exciting idea by Diane.
"Try and forget about it"
Ffion goes back to Rhys at the bar, advising him, “Try and forget about it,” but he finds that impossible, visualising himself in jail, 
"Where would that leave the business – and us?"
and wondering where that would leave the business – and the two of them.   “Don’t worry!” she says, “I had a real go at him!”
"And I deserved it"
At that moment Hywel is returning from the gent’s, and comments uncharacteristically quietly, “And I deserved it – I’ve let pride and jealousy come between me and the most important lad in my life.   
"Perhaps you can forgive me one day"
“Perhaps you can forgive me one day, I don’t know, but I’m sorry.”
"Don't think you've got the better of me, Hywel Llywelyn!"
As he is heading for the door, he is confronted by Anita;  “Don’t think you’ve got the better of me – all right?   Don’t be stupid – The ‘Milltir Sgwar’ ['Square Mile' which in Welsh is used to describe the local area] app – I know it was you – 
"I've got enough evidence now . . .
“I think the correct word for it is ‘libel’.   I’ve got enough evidence now to go to the Electoral Commission – 
". . . it will be in the hands of the Electoral Commission"
“it’s going to be in their hands – and we’ll see what they’ve got to say!”
He walks out of the Deri, and Rhys wants to know what Ffion said to him;  
"I must have said the right thing!"
“I don’t know, but it must have been the right thing!” she replies.
"Our relationship has changed so much"
“I still think the world of her,” Colin says, “I worship her, but things aren’t the same as they were.   I don’t know how to love her because our relationship has changed so much.”
"Things cannot be the same"
‘Melissa’ tells him that something like that will always change everything;  things cannot be the same;   
"I'm not sure who I am, to be honest"
He is not sure exactly who Britt is any more;  “Or who I am, if I'm being honest.”   
"Underneath, you're both the same people"
He is told that they are still the same people;  life experiences shape us, but underneath he is the same Colin, and she is the same Britt, underneath it all.
"Just give her – and yourself – time"
‘Melissa’ is confident that the old Britt will reappear;  “Slowly, perhaps, but she will.   Just give her time – and give yourself time.   Hold on to those times when you see her reappear.”   Then her phone sounds, and she announces that their time is over.
"Thanks for listening, and for your advice"
Colin thanks for listening and for her advice;  she is sure that it will work out, and he leaves.
Cassie is washing-up
Cassie is doing the washing-up at number 9 when there is knocking at the door;  Diane has come to check up on her.   
"We missed you at the club tonight"
“We missed you at the club tonight,” Diane tells her, 
"I've got a bug or something"
but she gives the excuse that she has a bug or something, and warns Diane not to come too close.
"The Writing Club has decided to go on a camping trip next week"
“I just wanted to say that the Writing Club has decided to go on a camping trip next week,” she says, 
"Well, I won't be there"
but Cassie makes it quite clear that she will not be coming, but Diane is quite certain that she will be well by then.   
Diane senses that something is wrong
Cassie is very worried about something.
Colin returns from his 'appointment'
Colin returns to the flat, and is pleased that Britt is not home yet;  
He has just got settled in front of the TV . . .
he settles down the sofa and turns on the television just in time, as she is coming up the stairs.   
. . . when Britt reports she had a great time
“It was great – I enjoyed myself,” she tells him, “And there was a good response to my writing.”
"Well done you, Agatha!"
“Well done you, Agatha!” says Colin, and then hears that they have changed the trip, and are going camping.   
"I watched some nonsense on the box"
He relates that he has just watched some nonsense on the box, 
"I like a bit of nonsense, Colin Evans"
and she remarks that she likes a bit of nonsense.
"Is that why you like me?"
“Is that why you like me?” he asks, and she tells him to move over;  
The old Britt appears to be back – but for how long
she kisses him, and he looks exceedingly relieved.