29 August 2019

Dai is doing the washing-up . . .
As Dai is doing the washing-up, 
. . . and Sara is berating one of Tapas' suppliers
and Sara is speaking to a supplier whose delivery van has broken down, there is a repeated knocking at the door.   Dai answers it, 
"Dylan's not going to be happy about this!"
just as Sara tells Jason that Dylan is not going to be happy about the delayed delivery, and he invites her to meet him for lunch at the Deri.
"Sorry, I'm busy"
“I’m busy,” she replies, “Dylan wants to show me some new software on the computer.”
"Who's been a naughty boy, then, Dai?"
When he sees Dai walk in with the large bunch of flowers that have arrived, Jason asks, “Who’s been a naughty boy then?   Those are for Mam, are they?   What have you done?”   Dai grumpily enlightens him that they are not for his mother, but are addressed to Sara.
"Kiss, kiss, kiss!"
He reads the card, “Thanks for all your help – sorry for being a nuisance yesterday – Dylan.   Kiss, kiss, kiss!   
"Huh!   What a creep!'
“Huh!   What a creep!”   
"He's just apologising for yesterday!"
Sara points out that he is not a creep, but is apologising for coming over yesterday to get the keys for Tapas.
Dai demands, “What’s all this ‘kisses’ business?   
"He's a ionc!"
“You’re a married woman – doesn’t he realise that?”   She tells Dai not to be silly, and maintains that it is nice to be appreciated, but Dai describes Dylan as a “Ionc!(which translates as something like ‘thicko!’)
She remonstrates that he has a head for business, and is going to buy the salon as well;  “I’m lucky he has given me a job – I have to go to work – put these in water for me, will you?”
"You're not going to let some idiot walk all over you?"
Dai demands, “You’re not going to let some idiot walk all over you?   She’s your wife!” but Jason stresses that he cannot compete with what Dylan has.   Please!” rants Dai, 
"For once in your life, stop being such a drip!"
“For once in your life, stop being such a drip!   Come on, eat up – you’ve got work to do at number 7 for Tyler.”
Debbie is getting on Gwyneth's nerves
At the salon, Debbie seems to be watching anxiously for someone;  Gwyneth objects that she is trying to fill in a form    
"Hello, Erin Medi"
Then the salon phone rings, and Debbie finds that it is Erin Medi;  she hands the phone to Gwyneth.
"It's just a matter of filling in the forms"
“Hiya, Erin – listen, I went to the bank yesterday – it’s just a matter of filling in the forms and we’ll be fine.”   
"You said I'd get first refusal!"
Then her face falls, and she exclaims, “What?   But you said I’d get first refusal!   No, I don’t understand – 
"I'm not angry, I'm furious!"
I’m not angry, I’m furious!   I’ve been a good tenant and I deserve better than this!   Who’s this person who’s made an offer that’s too good to refuse?   I have a right to know!”
"Well, stuff you, then!"
Debbie is looking increasingly worried, as Gwyneth ends the call with, “Well, stuff you, then!” 
"You can't trust anyone these days!"
and tells Debbie, “You can’t trust anyone these days!   And she won’t say who has bought it, because I’m not important enough, am I?   I’m only the tenant!”
Sioned is reading her 'self-help' book
In the shop flat, Sioned is again engrossed in her book when Iolo informs her that the heating is now working;  
"Oh , so it wasn't the curse, then"
“Oh, so it wasn’t the curse, then,” she comments, “Mathew is paranoid that his great aunt’s ghost is jinxing everything because he gave her picture to the café.”
"Oh, that's the one with the . . ?"
“Right, that’s the picture with the big . . ?” Iolo enquires, and she continues that he is blaming everything that goes wrong on Auntie Nel.   “Well, it wasn’t her – the boiler pressure needed changing,” Iolo tells her, and does not charge anything, as he was only five minutes.   
"You can buy me a pint in the Deri"
He suggests that she can buy him a pint in the Deri tonight.
She replies that she will not be going out tonight;  “I’m trying to be sensible, so it’s a night in front of the box for me.”   Iolo comments that he also enjoys a night in, 
"You've got Tyler – and he's a tidy bloke!"
but she reminds him, “You’ve got Tyler, though, and he’s a tidy bloke.   You don’t know how lucky you are.”   
Iolo is not so sure about that
Iolo has some doubts about that.
Tyler is working at number 7 . . .
Meanwhile, at number 7, where Tyler is working,  there is a knock at the door, and Tyler finds Aled outside;  
. . . when Aled arrives at the door
“Sorry,” he says, “I know I shouldn’t be here, but I’ve got nowhere else to turn.   You said you’d help.”   
"Dad and I have fallen out big time!"
Tyler wants to know what has happened, and is told, “Dad and I have fallen out big time!”
Tyler rejects a call from Iolo
Tylers phone sounds and he sees that it is a call from Iolo, which he rejects.   “He’s so angry!” Aled continues, 
"You'd better come in"
so Tyler invites him into the house;  “I told him that I’m gay.   He went off his head!”
"He said I'm disgusting, not normal, not his son!"
Tyler suggests that his father needs more time, but Aled relates that he said some horrible things;  “That I’m disgusting, not normal, not his son!   
"H threatened to throw me out of the house!"
“He threatened to throw me out of the house – I haven’t had a chance to talk to Mam yet – Dad was shouting so much!   Mam just sat there, crying – more because of him than me, I think.   I just left.”
"That was probably the best thing to do"
Tyler considers that was probably the best thing to do, and is told that Aled slept in the park last night.   
Tyler finds this very distressing
Tyler is distressed to hear that, and will make him something to eat.
"I'm going to get Gwern!"
Gwyneth marches into the Deri, in a furious mood, and tells Garry, “I’m going to get Gwern!”   
"Dani's taken him to the cinema"
He informs her that Dani has taken him to the cinema, and she rages, “Why don’t you tell me these things?”
Garry replies that she said that she was busy, and wonders why she is in such a bad mood;  
"Erin Medi has accepted an offer from someone else!"
“Erin Medi has accepted an offer from someone else for the salon, after promising it to me,” she informs him.
"Yes, my offer – is there a problem?"
“Yes, I know – my offer!” he answers, “Is there a problem?”   
She growls that she has slaved her guts out to build up the business, and now he is buying it with money from his dodgy businesses.
"You're going to increase the rent!"
“I can see what’s going on – you’re going to increase the rent!” she continues;  he calmly points out that he will not be increasing the rent, but instead will be throwing her out.
"Sheryl built the business – you stole it!"
When she argues that he cannot do that, he simply says, “Watch me!”   She pleads that she has built up the business, but he reminds her, “Sheryl built the business – you stole it – you shouldn’t be there at all!”
"Dani's persuaded you – to spite me!"
“I see – Dani’s persuaded you to buy it, to spite me!” she snarls, but Garry describes it as an investment, pointing out that, at the end of the day, he can afford to buy it, and she cannot.   “I wanted to buy that salon for Gwern’s future!” she rages, but Garry assures her that Gwern’s future will be fine, and she should not worry.
"Pack your stuff, and go and look for a job!"
“Go back to the salon, pack your stuff, and go and look for a job,” he instructs her, smiling.
"Things will get better"
Tyler brings Aled a sandwich and a cup of tea, assuring him that things will get better.   Aled wishes he had not said anything, but Tyler advises him not to think like that;  “You were so brave to tell them – they might have found out from somebody else.”
He shows Tyler his injury . . .
Aled winces with pain, and admits that his father hit him;  Tyler wants to see the evidence, and as he looks at the bruise on Aled’s chest, 
. . . just as Jason comes into the back door
Jason comes in through the back door.
Jason apologises for disturbing them, but was under the impression that no-one was at home;  “I was going to look at the back door – never mind – 
"Sorry, boys, I'll come back another time"
“I can come back and do it another time,” he says and beats a hasty retreat.
"Have you told the police?"
Tyler asks Aled if he has told the police, but Aled does not want to do so, although Tyler insists that his father cannot treat him like that.   
"He'll hurt Mam again!"
“If someone calls the police, he’ll hurt Mam again,” says Aled, and confirms that this has happened before.   
Then Aled’s phone rings;  it is his mother.   
"Don't cry, Mam – I'll be there now"
He lies that he is in the park, and cannot come back if his father is there;  “Don’t cry, Mam – OK, I’ll be there now.”   
"I have to make sure Mam's all right"
He tells Tyler he has to go;  “Dad’s gone away and Mam begged me to go home – I have to make sure Mam’s all right.”
"Don't forget – ring if you need anything"
Tyler tells him to ring if he needs anything, and he leaves the house.
"Thank you for the flowers"
In the Deri, Sara thanks Dylan for the flowers;  “Just a little something to show I appreciate your hard work,” he tells her, and then receives a phone call.
"You did receive my offer?"
He looks concerned as he asks, “You did receive my offer?   
"Thanks for letting me know"
“Great, thanks for letting me know.”   He informs Sara that someone has gazumped him, but the best thing to do now is to concentrate on Tapas.   
"We should consider asking Cae Glas to supply more stuff"
“Perhaps we should consider asking Cae Glas to supply more stuff to us.”
Sara reminds him that she has told Sioned they are not interested, but he insists they need to build a strong relationship with a local company, especially after what happened with todays delivery.   
"And you fancy Sioned, of course!"
“And you fancy Sioned, of course!” adds Sara.   
"Business is business, Sara"
He points out that business is business.
Jason comes into the Deri
Jason comes in, and as Dylan says he will pay, decides he will have a pint and a whisky chaser.   
Garry is feeling very generous
When Dylan goes to the bar to order, Garry will give it to him on the house;  
"My offer for the salon has been accepted!"
“I’m celebrating – my offer for the salon has just been accepted!” he announces, “£125,000.   
"I know you had your eye on the place"
“I hope you don’t mind, because I know you had your eye on the place.” 
Dylan shrugs off this minor setback
Dylan replies that it is fine with him, although he would not have paid more than £115,000;  “But it might be worth more than that to you.”   Back at the table, Jason thinks he will have the steak, as he is starving.
"Hello – shop!"
Dai comes into the salon, 
Some envelopes have been left on the counter . . .
where there are three brown envelopes sitting on the counter;  
. . . and Debbie is far from pleased to see them
when Debbie comes in, she is disturbed to see the envelopes, and he wonders what is wrong with her.   She asks why he is there, and he wants the key to their house;  “I’m painting Ricky’s room tomorrow, and Kath said there would be no one at home,” he informs her.
"Do you know where they came from?"
She enquires where the envelopes came from, but Dai has no idea;  “Was someone here when you came in?   Did you see anyone leave?” she demands.
He suspects that someone has done a runner without paying;  
"Or have you been on the wacky baccy?"
“Or have you been on the wacky baccy?   Just give me the key!”   He walks out just as Gwyneth comes in.
"Garry's buying the place!"
She exclaims, “Garry’s buying this place!   I’ve slaved my guts out and done everything by the book – and he can take it away from me, just because he has money!”   
Debbie replies that worse things can happen, but Gwyneth goes on that they will both be out of work.
"I don't know who left this"
Debbie shows her the envelopes, warning, “Don’t blame me – I don’t know who left it.   It was here when I came in from out the back.”   
"I'll take it – for a cut!"
After a moment’s consideration, Gwyneth says that she will take it;  “You’ve been on edge all day – I’ll go in your place – for a cut!   Just tell me where to go and what to do.”
Sioned attempts some electrical repairs
Sioned, armed with a screwdriver, is attempting to mend the intercom outside the shop flat door;  
"Do you need any help?"
Dylan, with yet another bouquet of flowers, approaches and asks if she wants any help.   She refuses, remarking, “You know what they say, if you want something done properly . . .”
He produces the flowers
He presents her with the flowers;  “To say sorry for avoiding me?” she asks, but he maintains he has not been avoiding her, and stops her from going back inside.   
“I want to talk,” he says, “About Cae Glas produce – Sara said you had a chat the other day.”   
"Sara told me where to go!"
Sioned informs him that Sara told her where to go.
“But I’m the boss,” he emphasises, “Can I come in?   We could discuss the terms.” Playing hard to get, she is not sure that it is convenient, 
Dylan tries his persuasive charms . . .
so he tries to persuade her by kissing her, 
. . . but the incident has been witnessed . . .
and she then does invite him in.
. . . by Dai from outside the café 
Outside the café, Dai, who has been chatting to Beti, notices this.
"Avocado for lunch, Iol"
Iolo arrives home and is served with his favourite lunch, avocado.   
"Sorry, I shouldn't have told Ffion"
He apologises and regrets that he told Ffion;  “I did tried to phone earlier to tell you,” and Tyler lies that he went for a run and forgot to take his phone.
"I didn't want you to put yourself in a difficult situation"
“Look, I know that things have been hard for him, but I didn’t want you to put yourself in a difficult situation,” Iolo explains, “Has he contacted you since?”  
"No, I haven't heard a word"
Tyler lies again that he has not, and Iolo appreciates that he was pretty miserable, but reminds Tyler that they agreed it is better for the school to deal with it officially now.
He sees the key on the table, and knows that Jason has been, but Tyler points out he did not have time to look at the door today.   
"I'll phone Jason later"
“Typical – I’ll phone him later,” says Iolo.   Tyler of course looks guilty.
"Mathew's working until six tonight"
In the shop flat, Dylan looks at the book Sioned has been reading and asks where Mathew is;  she replies that he is working until six tonight;  Dylan thought that builders finished at three.   
"Do you want tea or coffee?"
When asked whether he wants tea or coffee, he wonders if anything stronger is available.
"I don't want to tempt you"
“I don’t want to tempt you, as you’re driving,” she answers.   
"Are you sure you don't want to tempt me?"
He asks, “Are you sure you don’t want to tempt me,” and apologises for not phoning her, 
"Sorry, I've been up to my ears"
but alleges he has been up to his ears.   
Sioned now turns 'hard-to-get'
Rather abruptly, Sioned advises him, “Look, I’m rather busy at the moment, so if you can put any terms or business offers in an e-mail, we can talk”.   
"Thanks for the flowers"
As he is leaving, she thanks him for the flowers.
"Garry's only bought the salon to spite Dylan"
At Bryntirion, Sara insists, “Garry’s only bought the salon to spite Dylan.”   
"No-one wants Garry Monk as an enemy!"
Dai points out that if he were Dylan, he would be very careful, as no-one wants Garry Monk as an enemy.
Sara does not think that he is afraid of Garry, and adds, 
"Dylan would have done something good with the place"
“Dylan would have done something good with the place – and I could have helped him with the interior design.   Garry and Dani will make it more tacky than it is already!”
"Dylan didn't seem very bothered"
Jason does not know why she is so angry, as Dylan did not seem that fussed.   “That Dylan’s got his finger in more than one pie,” observes Dai, 
"Sioned got a bunch of flowers too"
“You’re not the only one who got a bunch of flowers this morning – he gave Sioned a bunch as well.”   
"She was probably throwing herself at him!"
Sara is very quick to point out that he is not interested in Sioned;  “She was probably throwing herself at him!”
"He was all over her like a rash!"
Dai did not get that impression from where he was standing;  “He was all over her like a rash!”   
"He's a single bloke, able to do what he wants"
Jason is of the opinion that Dylan has no relvance to them, but is just a single bloke who is free to do whatever he wants.
"Diane's forgotten the Garibaldis again!"
Dai finds that the biscuit tin contains only custard creams and bourbons;  “Diane’s forgotten the Garibaldis again!”
Debbie is looking anxious again
In the salon, Debbie is peering anxiously out of the window when Gwyneth returns in her motorcycling gear, 
"That's the easiest £300 I've ever made!"
and reports that it went fine;  “That’s the easiest £300 I’ve ever made!   Right, here is your share.”   
Debbie is reluctant to take it, 
"From now on, I'm running the show!"
but is instructed, “From now on, I will be running the show, and I’ll be getting all the money!   But of course, I’ll be taking all the risks!”
"These people are ruthless"
Debbie warns that these people are ruthless, and she regrets getting involved with them;  she does not want Gwyneth to be in the same hole.
"I can handle Garry Monk – I can handle them!"
Gwyneth boasts, “I can handle Garry Monk – I’ll be able to handle them as well!”   Debbie’s phone rings, and she finds that it is Jessie;  
"Go on – answer it!"
she wonders what to do, and Gwyneth tells her to answer it.
"Everything went fine"
“Yes, everything went fine,” she says, and reports to Gwyneth, 
"She said I'm lucky I behaved myself"
“She said I’m lucky I behaved myself – and that she’ll be in touch again next week.”
Gwyneth hands over a small amount of the money
Gwyneth is very pleased to hear this, and assures Debbie that she does not have to worry any more;  she hands over some of the money, 
"You leave everything to me!"
with the words, “Leave everything to me!”