5 September 2019

Dani deals with the laundry
Dani is hanging washing on the clothes dryer when Tyler comes in 
"I have a hearing with the governors on Monday"
and informs her that he has a hearing with the governors on Monday.   
"You must prepare for it now"
She says that he can prepare now, and suggests that Ffion could possibly help.   “I don’t care about the hearing!” he says, and she warns him against sitting back and doing nothing.   
"I've lost Iol!"
“I’ve lost Iol!” he concludes.
Beti comes out of her front door . . .
Hywel’s car arrives back in the village, and as he gets out, his phone rings;  
. . . and goes next door . . .
“Brynmor, how are you?” he says, “Yes, I saw all the messages – What?   I’ll have a word with her – sorry I wasn’t able to answer them personally – I was busy.   
. . . where she is meeting Llinos
“I’ll sort it out – I don’t think a lot of damage has been done.”   
"Brynmor?  Hello?"
Brynmor obviously thinks differently, and terminates the call.
"There's something odd about that picture"
In the café, Sara comments on the picture, “Mathew’s right – there is something odd about that picture!”   
"Do you think she's cursed you?"
Kelly agrees with her, remarking that her eyes follow you around the room.   “Do you think she’s cursed you because you put her up there?” Sara taunts her, but Kelly does not consider it a joke.
"That's not something to take the mick out of!"
“That’s not something to take the mick out of!” Kelly insists, “Mathew really thinks that he is cursed!”   
Sara regards that as total nonsense, and Kelly wonders why she is in such a good mood today;  
"Don't say you're looking forward to that business meeting?"
“Don’t say you’re looking forward to that business meeting in the Glyndwr tonight?”   
Sara thinks that she will not attend, as she can see no point in both her and Dylan going, and in any case, she has been a bit stressed lately.   “Even more reason to go, then,” replies Kelly, 
"I don't want to go on my own – please?"
“I don’t want to go my own – please?”   Sara agrees that she will go.
Tyler is deep in thought
Dani has given Tyler a toastie, which he describes as, “Nearly as good as the ones Mam used to make.”   
"She said the burnt bits added to the taste!"
Dani recalls that their mother would say that the burnt bits add to the taste.
"You should remind Iolo of the good times"
She advises that he should remind Iolo of their good times;  he does not know how he is going to do that.   
"I'm glad you're enjoying your time off!"
Garry comes in, commenting, “I’m glad you’re enjoying your time off!   Were you in a relationship with this pupil?”   
"I woud never have a relationship with any of them!"
Tyler replies that he would never have a relationship with someone in the sixth form – or anyone else.
"I'm not allowed to attend the meeting"
Garry reveals that, as a governor, he is not allowed to attend the meetings about Tyler because they are related;  “But don’t worry, you can put your side across on Monday.”   Tyler gets up and walks out, although Dani tries to persuade him not to do so.
"He's just a bit thin-skinned"
She snarls at Garry, “Sensitivity!   Do you want to look it up?” but is told that Tyler is just a bit thin-skinned, that is all.
"You had no right to broadcaat that item!"
Hywel marches into Y Felin, insisting, “You had no right to broadcast that item, Anita!”   
"I just quoted from it, Hywel"
She points out that she did not broadcast it, but merely quoted from it, and he accuses her of trying to be clever.
“You should be congratulating me, not having a go – the response has been excellent,” she stresses, 
"That's not the point!"
but he maintains that is not the point.   
"What have you got against the programme?"
“What have you got against a programme that shows the effect the cuts are having on listeners?” she demands.
He objects to the fact that she ignored his instructions;  “Have you got any idea what you’ve done?”   She knows exactly what she has done, and emphasises that any good councillor needs to represent the people; in fact, she has increased their chances of being elected.
"I told you exactly what would happen if you didn't listen!"
“I told you exactly what would happen if you didn’t listen!” he rages, 
"You wouldn't sack me!"
and she laughs that he would not sack her, but that is precisely what he does.   
However, he does . . .
“I don’t want you near CwmFM any more!” he growls 
. . . and Anita wonders what this is really about
and walks out of the house.
In the Deri, Dani asks Kelly if she thinks her plan with Sara will work;  
"Or mocktails in my case!"
Sara comes in, and Kelly comments, “I knew you couldn’t say no to a night of cocktails – or mocktails, in my case.”   She tells Dani they are going, “To somewhere swanky with an all night happy hour – 
Kelly predicts they will have a laugh
“we’re going to the Glyndwr – we’ll have a laugh!”   
"You're not going to say no to a pregnant woman?"
To Sara, she pleads, “You’re not going to say no to a pregnant woman, are you?”
"I enjoyed your programme yesterday, Anita!"
Diane goes to visit Anita, and says how much she enjoyed yesterday’s programme;  Anita is pleased to hear that, 
"It's a pity Hywel Llywelyn isn't as keen!"
but remarks, “It’s a pity Hywel Llywelyn isn’t as keen.   He’s sacked me!   He didn’t want me to broadcast it.”
"Don't take any notice of his opinion!"
Diane forcibly advises her, “Don’t take any notice of Hywel Llywelyn’s opinion!”   Anita concedes that perhaps she was rather rash, broadcasting the program behind his back, 
"You need a thick skin if you're going to be a councillor"
 is informed, “You’ll need a thicker skin than that if you want to be a councillor!”
"I've gone off the idea of standing"
Anita is now going off the idea of standing, but Diane is furious;  “You do realise that if you pull out now, someone like Hywel Llywelyn will be on the council!   Come on, Anita, you’re not giving up without a fight?”   The way she is feeling now, Anita intends to do just that, but Diane begs her not to rush into a decision now.
Iolo arrives home in his van
When Tyler returns to number 7, Iolo is just getting out of his van;  “I’ve booked us a table at Tapas for eight o’clock,” says Tyler, 
"Who's going with you, then?"
and Iolo wonders who is going with him.   
"I've organised with Dani to have Greta"
“Please, Iol – I’ve organised for Dani to have Greta,” but Iolo makes it quite clear that he does not want dinner with him, 
Iolo makes it abundantly clear he is not interested
goes into the house and shuts the door behind him.   
Ffion comes along and sees Tyler 
Ffion is approaching along the street, and asks if he is OK;  receiving no reply, she instructs him to come with her.   
Inside, Iolo clutches his lunchbox . . .
Inside the door of number 7, Iolo is clutching his lunchbox 
. . . and is very upset
and looking very upset.
"I've seen the original video"
At Cysgod y Glyn, Ffion confirms that she has seen the original video, in which he pushes Aled away;  “It’s only a matter of time before you’re cleared.”   
"Can I have a copy to show to Iolo?"
Tyler is very anxious to get a copy, so he can show it to Iolo, 
"After Monday, he'll know the truth, like everyone else"
but Ffion is reluctant;  “Trust me, after Monday he’ll know the truth, like everyone else.”
Tyler insists he cannot wait until Monday, 
"What if Gaynor found out?"
but Ffion points out that it is too risky;  “What if Gaynor found out I had shown you?   I’d be sacked!”
"That's lovely – what's it called?"
At the Glyndwr, Sara has a taste of Kelly’s mocktail;  “That’s lovely – what’s it called?” 
"Pom Collins – what's left of it!"
Kelly informs her, “It’s ‘Pom Collins’ – what’s left of it!”   She tells Sara to  stick to her cocktail, then they see Dylan approaching, 
"I'm glad you could come, Sara"
and he says he is glad that Sara could come.   
"It's important to have a strong representation"
It’s important to have a strong representation from Tapas,” he insists, but is told she was not going to come, 
"I had to use my powers of persuasion!"
so Kelly had to use her powers of persuasion.   “I shall need a cocktail to get through this evening,” he groans, and Kelly predicts loads of people massaging their egos, and complimenting each other on how amazing they are doing.
He is going into the meeting now, 
"We'll be there in a minute"
and they will follow;  Kelly has been paying attention very closely, 
"What was that look between you, then?"
and asks, “What was that – that look between you?”   
"Don't be silly, Kelly!"
Sara denies all knowledge of this.
Iolo fears the worst
Iolo is becoming anxious, as he manipulates an elastic band, but then there is a knock at the door and he reluctantly answers it.   
Ffion arrives with her laptop
It is Ffion, carrying a laptop, who informs him, “You can’t tell anyone that I’m showing you this, or I’ll lose my job!   I’ve got a copy of the original video – the one that was used to make the gif – 
"I think you should see it"
“I think you should see it.   Tyler’s telling the truth – look.”
Aled is being pushed away
Iolo watches in silence, and she insists, “Tyler pushed him away, didn’t he?”   
"He appeared to take his time, though"
Iolo acknowledges that he did, but that he appeared to take his time;  he thanks Ffion, 
"It proves he didn't kiss Aled!"
and she goes on, “It proves he didn’t kiss Aled!”
"Perhaps I'm better off not knowing"
Iolo wonders what they were talking about, and says, “Perhaps I’m better off not knowing.”
"I hear that you've given up on the council"
Anita visits Bryntirion, bringing some flowers for Diane;  Dai shouts upstairs, “The most sensible woman in Cwmderi is here!   I hear that you’ve given up on the council – good for you!   It’s caused nothing but trouble for Diane over the years.”
"These are for being a good friend, Diane . . ."
When Diane comes down, she is presented with the flowers;  “I want to give these to you as a thank you for being a good friend,” says Anita, 
". . . and showing me what's important"
“And for showing me what’s important in life.”
"Good on you, Anita, you're very sensible"
Dai interrupts, “Yes, family and friends – forget about Joe Bloggs and the rest.   People have only ever complained to councillors – no, good on you, Anita, you’re very sensible.”
"I'm not standing down!"
Then she is given the opportunity to tell them that she is not standing down;  “And it’s all thanks to Diane!”   She is congratulated on this decision by Diane, who knew there was more fight in her than to let Hywel Llywelyn have his way.
"That Hywel's getting more like his father!"
Dai is obliged to change his opinion, and points out that Hywel is getting more like his father, who was a wheeler-dealer who lined his own pockets.   
"I'm married to a councillor already"
Nevertheless, he finds it rather difficult to support Anita as a councillor, as he is married to one already.
Diane assures Anita that she can just pick up the phone any time if she needs some help;  it is the least they can do.   
"Water, Dai!"
Then she instructs Dai to put the flowers in water.
"Ffion's showing it to Iolo now"
Over the bar in the Deri, Tyler tells Dani, “Don’t tell anyone, OK?   Ffion has got the original video, and she’s showing it to Iolo now.   
"I've been so lucky!"
“I’ve been so lucky – the video clearly shows me pushing Aled away.”   
"Don't snog too many students in future"
Dani is very pleased to hear this, but warns him not too snog any more students, as he might not be as lucky next time.
Here comes Ffion . . .
Ffion comes in and reports that Iolo is relieved, obviously;  “But he’s still questioning a few things.”   
. . . and Tyler cannot wait to get home
Tyler cannot wait to go home, but then Hywel comes in.
"Can I get you an orange juice?"
When he offers to buy her a drink, Ffion refuses;  
"I want to go home to see Rhys!"
“I want to go home to see Rhys!” she says, rather pointedly, and Hywel has a smile on his face.
"We can move on now"
Tyler gets home and finds that Iolo is upstairs;  “I’m so glad you’ve seen the video – we can move on now,” Tyler announces.
"You look very cosy"
Iolo demands, “What did you say to him?   Although you’re pushing him away, you look very cosy.”   
"I told him it was not acceptable"
Tyler replies that he made it clear that Aled’s behaviour was not acceptable;  
"You could have been organising to meet him"
Iolo points out, “I only have your word for that – you could have been organising to meet him somewhere more private.”
Tyler maintains that the video proves he was telling the truth;  “You saw me push him away!” 
"Are you giving him encouragement?"
Iolo goes on, “Then I saw you touch his arm – Aled is finding it difficult to ‘come out’ – are you there giving him encouragement?”   Tyler explains he said Aled just had a stupid crush on him – and that he definitely did not feel the same.
"I'm telling the truth, Iol!'
“I’m telling the truth, Iol!” he wails, 
Iolo looks far from convinced
but Iolo does not look at all convinced.
"You'd make a really hot couple!"
At the Glyndwr, as Sara looks across at Dylan by the bar, Kelly comments, “He’s hot – you’d make a really hot couple if you were together!”   
"He doesn't fancy me, Kelly"
Sara insists that he does not fancy her, and wonders what is wrong with Kelly – she has not even been drinking.   “Go for it, I say!” Kelly adds, 
"Good things come to those who wait!"
as Dylan brings over their drinks.   “Good things come to those who wait,” she says.
"He sais we should stop out Prosecco and Tapas deal"
“You’ll never believe the conversation I had with that guy at the bar, who owns the Tapas place in Carmarthen – he had the cheek to say we should stop our Prosecco and Tapas deal, because he thinks it’s affecting his business!”   
"He should offer the same at his place"
Sara suggests that he should offer the same at his place, and Dylan continues flattering her, “I’m lucky to have a good manageress to advise me on these things.”
"I can see what's going on here!"
Kelly has been carefully observing their body language, but then has to go to visit the toilet, and as she heads in that direction, she meets another local business owner, Garry Monk, who remarks that Sara looks as if she is enjoying herself;  
"They just work together"
Kelly replies, “They just work together – there’s nothing else going on,” but he does not appear convinced.
"I want to believe you, Ty"
Now Iolo thinks that he does believe Tyler;  “I want to believe you – there is just one thing bugging me – 
"Why did you touch his arm the way you did?"
“why did you touch his arm the way you did?   It was bound to send him the wrong message.”   
Tyler does not know the answer, but points out that Aled was so upset about his results;  
"I wanted to make him feel better"
“I’d just pushed away, perhaps I wanted to make him feel better – I feel so ashamed for putting you through all this, but that’s the truth.”
"Why didn't you tell me all this straightaway?"
There is another thing which Iolo does not understand;  “Why didn’t you tell me all this straightaway?”   
"I should have been honest from the start"
Tyler admits that he should have been honest from the start, and regrets that now.   
"I'd like to believe you . . . but . . ."
“I’d like to believe you, Ty, 100%, but something . . .” begins Iolo.
"I'm glad we're at least talking"
Tyler appreciates that it will take time, but as he comes towards Iolo, grateful that at least they are talking, 
Iolo roughly pushes him away
Iolo roughly pushes him away, so that he collides with the kitchen worktop.   
"That's how you push someone, just to make it clear!"
“That’s how you push someone, just make make it clear to you!” he snarls,   
"I know when you're hiding something!"
“I know you, Ty, and I know when you’re hiding something!”
Once again, Tyler insists that he knows everything, then he pauses, 
"What would you do if I had kissed him?"
and asks, “What would you do if I had kissed him?”   The answer is immediate;  “Finish with you!”   
"That's why I would never do it!"
Tyler points out that is why he would never do it.   
"I'm tired of talking!"
Iolo turns and says that he is tired of talking.