4 September 2019 (2nd)

"This is exactly the kind of programme CwmFM should be doing!"
Anita is becoming rather angry with Hywel;  “This is exactly the kind of programme CwmFM should be doing!   Do you know what makes me angry?   You know very well that it’s true!”
"Can you at least pretend you're listening to me?"
He is taking no notice of her, but is packing for his so-called ‘business trip’, and she rages on, “A story about the community, and the way local cuts are affecting people’s lives.   Can you at least pretend you’re listening to me?”   
"I'm just leaving for a 'business conference'"
He says that she has caught him at a bad time, as he is just leaving for a business conference.   
"Well, listen to this in the car"
She urges him to take the recording of the interview with Lisa Morgan and listen to it in the car;  “Once you hear it, I know you’ll want to broadcast it!”
Hywel informs her, “I’ve got more important things on my mind,” so she suggests that she can broadcast it.   
"Not a word from Lisa Morgan's mouth – understand?"
He is quite adamant;  “Not a word from Lisa Morgan’s mouth – do you understand?   
"You want to keep your job, don't you?"
“You want to keep your job, don’t you, Anita?   Good – now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m already late and I want to leave!”
DJ is shocked to see the video clip
In the café, Sioned shows the video clip to DJ;  he is shocked and wonders where she got it.   
"I can't believe Tyler's done that to Iolo!"
“I can’t believe Tyler’s done that to Iolo!” he exclaims, just as Iolo walks in through the door.   
"Sorry that Tyler's been suspended"
“Listen, I’m sorry to hear that Tyler’s been suspended,” DJ says, and Sioned hopes that they are both OK.
“I dont know where this story’s come from,” comments Iolo, “But Tyler’s being wrongly accused.”   
"I think you ought to see this"
DJ does not want him to think that they are interfering, but he really ought to see what Sioned has on her phone;  
Iolo is speechless
Iolo takes a look and cannot believe it.
"I want to organise a trip for Awyr Iach Bach"
In Tapas, Jason tells Dylan, “I want to organise a trip for ‘Awyr Iach Bach’.   
"That sounds like fun"
Dylan thinks that it sounds like fun – 
The leaflet illustrates the outdoor pursuits
surfing, canoeing, orienteering, and he likes what Jason is trying to do, getting young people out into the open air.
"The thing is – it's expensive!"
Jason continues, “The thing is, Dylan, that it’s expensive – the kit, the helmets, the canoes – even a good compass can be expensive these days.   
"What are you doing here, Jase?"
Sara comes in at this point and wonders what Jason is doing there.   He explains that he has come to see if Tapas would be willing to sponsor ‘Awyr Iach Bach’, and Dylan says that he is happy to do so, 
"I'll leave you to discuss the details"
but Jason will have to discuss the details with her.   He will leave them to it.
“Why didn’t you discuss this with me at home instead of coming here?” Sara demands, 
"It's an advantage that I'm dealing with you"
and he replies that he is glad that he is dealing with her, calling it an advantage.   
"I'm not going to treat you differently to anybody else"
“I’m not going to treat you differently to anybody else,” she rather abruptly assures him, “That would be unprofessional.”
"You could contribute towards the helmets"
He was thinking that perhaps they could contribute towards the cost of the helmets, but she answers that it depends on how many, and what the price is.   “I can get them quite cheap, but we’ll need 20 in different sizes – around £800?” he suggests.
Sara agrees that Tapas will share the cost of the helmets, on the condition that ‘Tapas’ is written clearly on the front of each one;  “£400 is a big contribution to the cause.”   
"A pleasure doing business with you!"
He thanks Sara for her co-operation, and they shake hands on the deal.
Anita is also shocked by the news
In the café, Anita is served with her coffee by an unknown assistant, as Gwen must be having a day off;  “I had no idea that Tyler had been suspended,” she tells DJ, and he maintains that things do not look great for him at the moment.   
"Hywel's getting under my skin!"
“Things aren’t looking great for me either,” sighs Anita, “Hywel’s getting under my skin – he’s refusing to broadcast the programme I’ve done about cuts in the community.”
There is the new girl serving in the café 
DJ wonders why he is not willing to put the programme out, and she explains, “He doesn’t want to upset people, because he wants to be a councillor.”   
"That's exactly what a radio station should be doing"
DJ thought that is exactly what a good councillor and a radio station should do.   “Yes, that’s what I told him, but it’s like talking to a brick wall!” Anita groans.
He wonders whether she has to listen to Hywel, and is told that he has threatened to sack her if she broadcasts the interview.   
DJ proposes a way round her dilemma
DJ considers there must be a way around this, and proposes, “Why don’t you do your  own programme, and then quote from the interview?   You’re not really broadcasting the interview then, are you?   and you’re still keeping your word.” Anita is quite pleased with this idea, and tells DJ that he is not as stupid as he looks, which he regards as some kind of compliment.
"This video's going round the village"
When Iolo gets home and confronts Tyler with the video evidence, 
"It looks worse than it is, Iol"
he is told, “It looks worse than it is.”   
"You're obviously about to kiss each other"
Iolo wonders how he makes that out, as it is obvious they are about to kiss each other.   “But we didn’t,” emphasises Tyler, “What you don’t see here is me pushing Aled away.”
"They've edited it to make it look as bad as possible!"
Iolo wants to know if he pushed Aled away, why did he not say this;   Tyler rants, “I don’t know – whoever’s made this gif has edited it to make it look as bad as possible!”
"Your faces are more or less touching!"
Iolo stresses that their faces are more or less touching, and no-one can make that up.   “He tried to kiss me!” roars Tyler, “How did you get that anyway?”   He is informed that Sioned said it has been sent around the village, 
"That's probably the evidence Gaynor has"
and Tyler realises this is probably the evidence which Gaynor has.   Iolo walks furiously out of the house.
"Going out again, Sioned?"
In the shop flat, DJ is looking at the Western Post, and notices that Sioned appears to be preparing herself to go out;  “Dylan has asked me out on a date,” she tells him, 
"I thought you told him where to go"
but he thought she told Dylan where to go last week.   
"That was last week, DJ"
She merely replies, “That was last week!”
Iolo tries to drown his sorrows
Iolo sits disconsolately at the bar in the Deri;  Sara comes in, asking Geraint for some change.   Jason is eating a meal, and wonders whether she is skiving off work.   
"You look like the one that's skiving"
She is under the impression that he is the one skiving, and points out that they do have food at home.
“What’s wrong?   Are you upset because I came to see you at Tapas?” Jason asks, 
"You didn't seem too happy about sponsoring us"
“You didn’t seem too happy about sponsoring us.”   
"I didn't like feeling a fool in front of Dylan"
She replies that she did not like feeling a fool in front of Dylan.   He assures her he was not trying to make a fool of her, and she leaves, thanking Geraint for the change.
Dan is on the other side of the bar for a change
Iolo receives a text from Tyler, asking where he is, but he ignores it, then comments to Jason, “You don’t have to pretend you haven’t seen the gif!”   Jason does not know what he is talking about, and comes over to find out.
"You're probably the only one who hasn't heard"
“You’re probably the only one who hasn’t heard about it,” groans Iolo, and explains what has happened with Tyler;  “Now this is going around the place!”   
"I'm sure I saw that boy in the house last week"
Jason looks carefully at the phone, and says that he saw the boy in the house with Tyler last week, when he went over to fix the back door;  “Look, Iolo, I’m not quite sure what I saw, 
"It looked as if he was putting his shirt back on'
“but it looked to me as if he was putting his shirt back on.   I don’t know – it was quite an awkward situation, to be honest.”
Iolo is dumbfounded
Iolo looks shocked,
"Whoops!   Perhaps I shouldn't have said that!"
and immediately leaves the bar and walks out of the Deri.
Hywel is in the wilds of North Wales
In a bar, somewhere in North Wales, Hywel is waiting for his friend to arrive;  as he looks at the menu, he hears her voice.   
Val appears very pleased to see him
It is Val, Ffion’s mother, and he greets her warmly.   “When are you going to tell me why you’ve travelled so far to see me?” she asks, 
"I don't believe you're here on business!"
“I don’t believe for a second you’re in this area on business!”
We've got a lot to discuss, Val"
He replies that they have a lot to discuss, and points out that the menu is the same there as in the restaurant.   She decides they will have a bottle of wine with their food;  
"It's not as if we're starting from scratch, is it?"
“I hope you don’t think I’m presumptuous, but it’s not as if we’re starting from scratch, is it?   Are you staying here?”   
Casanova Llywelyn is up to his old tricks again
There is a lascivious grin on Hywel’s face as he nods his head.
"I was just about to do that!"
At Tapas, Dylan says they need to cross out the menu items which have run out, and Sara snarls that she was just about to do that.   He asks if she is all right, adding, “If Jason wants more sponsorship money . . . I understand it’s awkward to ask when he’s your husband.”   
There is a crashing of glass bottles
She is becoming more and more uptight as she noisily disposes of empty bottles, and he goes on, “Leave it with me and I’ll see if we can spare some more.”   
"Excuse me!"
She is by now in tears and rushes out, leaving Dylan in sole charge.
DJ listens intently to Anita's programme . . .
In the shop flat, DJ is listening to CwmFM.   Anita’s voice can be heard;  “As Lisa Morgan said, about the cuts at Brynawelon, how can the council justify it?   The whole thing is completely immoral, and it’s time people realised how cowardly our council is.”
. . . while Sioned is willing her phone to ring
Sioned is becoming impatient, and keeps on looking at her phone;  
"That Anita's quite a woman!"
DJ describes Anita as, “Quite a woman!   I can’t wait to see Hywel’s face when he hears about that item.   What time did Dylan say he was picking you up?”
"You don't like Dylan, do you?"
She realises that DJ does not like Dylan, and he points out that is because he treats her badly;  her phone sounds and DJ enquires, “That’s him, is it?”   
"He's helping out at Tapas!""
Sioned reports that he has to help out at Tapas, and they can rearrange for another time.   
"He's taking advantage of you!"
“He’s taking advantage of you – taking you for granted,” DJ warns her, “I’m just looking out for one of my best friends – I don’t want anyone to hurt you.”
"Are you going to march on the streets to support Anita?"
She changes the subject;  “Are you going to support Anita, then?   March on the streets?   
"Perhaps you could do me a favour"
“If you’ve got some spare time, perhaps you could do me a favour.”   He is rather wary, but she says she has a couple of new ideas about Cae Glas products.   He wonders if it is like the Llamas, but she dismisses that as a stupid idea.
“Mam and I want to offer cooking lessons at Penrhewl,” she goes on, 
"And as I used to be a chef . . ."
and DJ concludes that as he used to be a chef, she wants to enlist his help.
“I agree, on one condition,” he stipulates, 
"Take what I said about Dylan seriously"
“That you take what I said about Dylan seriously.   It’s not worth it, Sioned – you know I’m talking sense.”   She says she accepts his advice.
The meal is served
The meal is served to Hywel and Val, 
"To old stagers!"
and they drink a toast to ‘old stagers’.   
"Compared to Rhys and Ffion, you mean"
“Well, compared to Rhys and Ffion, you mean,” he comments, but Val tells him not to mention Ffion, as she has been going on and on about her and Rhys on the phone.
"It's their life – it's not our place to oppose it"
Hywel did not realise that she knew, and she replies, “It’s their life – it’s not our place to oppose it!”   
"I'm surprised you're not concerned"
Hywel is surprised that she is not concerned about it, and she comments, “It did strike me as being a bit odd, but if Ffion and Rhys want to take a chance, it’s up to them.   You don’t oppose it, do you?   It’s their decision – and they’ll have to deal with it if they fail – but at least they will have tried.”
This is not what Hywel had planned
Hywel is quite taken aback to hear this, and she enquires if he wants another bottle;  
"It would be a pity not to take advantage of the opportunity"
“You’ve taken all the trouble to travel up here – it would be a pity not take advantage of the opportunity.”
"You met Aled – in our house!"
Iolo returns home and furiously announces, “You met Aled, didn’t you?   Here – last week – in our house!   When are you going to start telling the truth?”   
"His father had hit him"
Tyler replies that he just turned up;  “His father had hit him – if you had seen him, you would have done the same.   
"There's nothing going on between him and me"
“Please, Iol – theres nothing going on between Aled and me.   
"I've just been helping him"
“I’ve just been helping him, giving him advice about his father.”
"The first thing you should do is take him to the police"
Iolo is far from convinced;  “If that’s true, the first thing you should do is take him to the police station and report it.”   
"It's not that simple, Iol"
Tyler says that it is not that simple, and understands that it is not easy for Iolo to process this.
"Now I find he was here without a shirt on!"
Iolo shouts, “First it was the kiss – now I find out he was here without a shirt on!
"What next?   A video of you two in bed?"
“What next, Tyler?   A video of you in bed together on Youtube?   What do you expect me to do?   You told so many lies – “why should I believe a word you say now?”   
Iolo looks completely demoralised
Tyler disappears upstairs, and Iolo looks heartbroken.
That Hywel Llywelyn certainly does not waste any time
In the hotel bedroom, Hywel comments that it is a strange world;  “We’re here in each other’s arms, and our children are in each other’s arms in Cwmderi.”   
"I wouldn't describe going into business like that"
She replies that she would not describe going into business together like being in each other’s arms.
"They're more than business partners!"
“I’m not talking about their business – I thought you knew – you said you were all right with it,” he elucidates, “They’re more than business partners!” 
"They're what?"
and she cannot believe it.
"That couple in the corner were getting on my nerves . . ."
At Tapas, Sara removes her ear rings and is brought a drink by Dylan;  “You got through it,” he says, but she admits that the couple in the corner were getting on her nerves.   
". . . but I managed to stop myself"
She almost asked them to shut up, but to her credit she controlled herself.   She adds that he did not need to stay until closing time, 
"I didn't have anything on tonight"
but he answers, “I don’t like seeing the staff upset – and anyway, I didn’t have anything on tonight.   Are you going to tell me what happened earlier?   I take it you weren’t upset because one of the specials had sold out.”
"You caught me at a low time, that's all"
She explains that he caught her at a low time, and he commiserates that it is only natural she feels the strain;  
"Not everyone would be able to bounce back"
“Not everyone would be able to bounce back after everything you’ve been through.”
“When you’re skint, and you’ve lost everything, you don't have much choice,” she sighs, but he continues to insist that she is incredible;  if she ever needs to talk, he is here for her.   
Sara backs away from him
He moves forward, as if to kiss her, but she picks up her glass.
Iolo is on the sofa – with a cuddly toy
Iolo is lying on the sofa when Tyler comes downstairs again;  
"I know I've let you down"
“I know I’ve let you down, but you have to believe me – you must be able to see that there’s nothing to this,” he says, “The whole thing’s ridiculous!”
Iolo mutters, “Jason told me – do you know how embarrassing that was?”   
"He was showing me his bruises"
Tyler appreciates that it might have looked odd to Jason, but Aled was only showing his bruises;  he wanted to prove to Tyler that he was telling the truth about his father.
"At least you two can trust each other!'
“Yeah, well, at least you two can trust each other!” snarls Iolo, and Tyler goes back upstairs.
Jason has fallen asleep
Sara arrives home at Bryntirion, where Jason is lying on the sofa, waiting for her;  she wakes him and he asks if she had a good shift.   
"They're all asleep, Sara"
The rest of the household are asleep in bed, and as he is about to make her a cup of tea, 
Suddenly she kisses him
she kisses him, 
"What's that all about?"
and he wonders if she is all right.   She simply kisses him again, and he admits that she has been so busy with everything recently.   
"You do know I love you – don't you?"
“You do you know that I love you – don't you?” she asks, 
Jason hugs her
and he hugs her.
“You’re tired,” she says, “You go up to bed, 
"I'll be up shortly"
“and I’ll follow you shortly.”
"It's disgusting – she used to be his stepmother!"
Val’s attitude has changed, and she is out of bed;  “It’s disgusting – she used to be his stepmother!   Why didn’t you tell me about this straightaway?”   
"I thought you knew"
Hywel thought she knew, as she said she had talked to Ffion on the phone.   
She continues moaning, “That was about the business venture – but she would never tell me about her and Rhys sleeping together!   She knows how furious I would be – and I am!”
"We have to stop this!"
Hywel is very glad to hear this, as Val goes on, “We have to stop this!” and he invites her back to bed, but she needs to go and have a shower.   
Hywel is glad his plan is now back on track
Hywel grins in a very self-satisfied manner.