1 October 2019

Hywel is not at all happy
Hywel is very angry as he slams down a leaflet on the bar, bearing a picture of himself with text underneath;  
The 'alien-looking eyes' are a nice touch
it reads, “The candidate Hywel Llywelyn – a cheating liar!   Selling Pwll Bach for substantial profit after promising to turn it into a ‘Green Project’!”
"Propaganda to harm my reputation!"
“Have you seen this?   Propaganda to harm my reputation!” he rages to Garry, “Half of that is lies – and the rest is spin!   
"I've got a pretty good idea who's behind it!"
“I’ve got a pretty good idea who’s behind it!”   
Off goes Hywel in high dudgeon
He picks it up and marches out of the Deri.
"Can I have a chat with you, Garry?"
Then Jason comes in and would like a chat with Garry;  he is invited to come upstairs.   
"How are you feeling now, Cassie?"
Jason asks Cassie, who is working behind the bar, how she is feeling now;  “I’ve been thinking about – you know,” he says, and assures her that she does not have to do anything on her own.
Eileen is preparing for the Writing Club tonight
In the cafĂ©, Kelly brings Eileen her cup of tea;  “I’m just scribbling something for the Writing Club tonight,” Eileen tells her, 
Then Kelly goes over to Sara
and then Kelly goes over to the table where Sara is sitting.
"What did you think of the house?"
“Come on then – spill!   What did you think of the house?” she asks, and Sara says it was perfect, but the snag is that Dylan has arranged it.   
“Don’t tell me – you don’t want to feel indebted, especially to a man,” sneers Kelly, 
"A man that's your boss – who you've just slept with!"
“Especially a man that’s your boss – who you’ve just slept with!”
"It's complicated, Kelly"
Sara points out that it is complicated, and Kelly predicts, “This could get really messy – or really lush very quickly!”   
"I've seen the house – and its perfect!"
At that moment who should walk in but Dylan, and Sara informs him that she has been to see the house, which is perfect.   
However, she wants more time to make sure, 
"Whatever you decide, I'll support you"
and he assures her, “Just remember, whatever you decide, I’ll support you.”
"The cheapest rent you can afford to charge"
Up in the Deri flat, Jason and Garry are talking prices;  “The cheapest rent you can afford to charge,” says Jason, 
"I like you, Jason, but I am a businessman"
but Garry protests that he is a businessman.   
Jason is even willing to pay in kind
Jason pleads, “The flat is perfect for us, and I can pay you back some other way – like by doing jobs around the place – changing barrels, deliveries, anything – I don’t care.   Garry, please!   I’ve made such a mess of things recently – this is the only chance I’ve got of saving my marriage – it’s important!”
"How about £250 per month for the first six months?"
Garry agrees to make it £250 a month for the first six months, and then they can review it.  
"That's great, Garry – you won't regret it!"
 Jason is very glad and shakes his hand warmly, stressing that Garry will not regret it.   “I know I won’t,” is the reply, “I’ve got a lot of jobs lined up already!”   
"I'll go and tell Sara!'
Jason hurries away to tell Sara.
"Jamie – I haven't seen you for ages"
As Aaron comes round the corner by the chippy, he sees Jamie standing by the bus stop.   She immediately walks away and he chases after her;  “I haven’t seen you for ages – what have you been up to?”   
"Mind your own business!"
She tells him to mind his own business 
She walks away, much to Aaron's concern
and retreats along the back street.
"Is there a problem here?"
Jason has dragged Sara out of Tapas, and she protests, “Stop it – I’m in the middle of a shift!”   Dylan wants to know if there is a problem, 
"I've got a surprise for Sara!"
and is told that Jason has a surprise for Sara, which will not take long.   Dylan says that she might as well take the rest of the afternoon off, and Jason leads her up the street.
"Sara, would you like to join us at the Writing Club?"
They meet Cassie, who asks if Sara would like to join them at the Writing Club later;  “There’s only a small group of us,” but Sara replies she is not into that writing stuff.   
"You can do what you like this afternoon"
Jason reminds her that she has the afternoon off and can do what she likes, so she agrees that she will come, but will not stay long.
Dylan keeps an eye on the situation
Meanwhile, Dylan is watching what is going on;  
"Jason, this isn't funny any more!"
“Jason, this isn’t funny any more – where are you taking me?” Sara demands.   
Jason reaches his destination
They stop outside the salon, and that she assumes that he has booked her in to have her hair done.
"Garry's agreed to rent us the flat for six months"
“Not quite – Garry’s agreed to rent us the flat for six months – and it’s cheap!   I know it’s not ideal, but it’s a chance for us to start a new life together again!”   
"Hang on a second. Jason"
She urges him to hang on for a second, but he will not be put off;  
"I want to put all this mess I've caused behind us"
“Sara, I just want a chance to put all the mess I’ve caused behind us, and start again – that’s all.   Say you’re willing to try, at least.”
She insists that she needs to be given time to think about it, so he tells her to enjoy her afternoon off, 
"I love you, Sara!"
and as he walks up the street, he adds emphatically, “I love you, Sara!”
"I don't know where to start, Kelly!"
She walks across the road to where Kelly is watching;  “I don’t know where to start,” she tells Kelly, 
"Right, 'Flat White Emergency Summit'!"
so they go into the cafĂ© for a ‘Flat White Emergency Summit’.
"So does he know about the fling?"
“So does he know about the fling?” Kelly enquires, 
"He wants us to move into the salon flat!"
and is told that Jason wants them to move into the salon flat;  he has organised everything.   “Hang on – five minutes ago you were thinking of moving with Ifan into a gorgeous house in Cwrtmynach.   
"So are you going to pretend to play happy families?"
“So are you going to pretend to play happy families – or are you going to be a happy, independent woman?”
Sara maintains that things are not that simple, but Kelly insists that is this the decision that she is facing, and asks what her heart says.   
"A small flat without a garden – or a lovely house?"
“Move into a small flat above the salon without a garden – or move away from Cwmderi, but not too far, into a lovely house,” ponders Sara, 
"Looks like you've already made your decision"
and Kelly believes she has already made her decision.   Sara thanks her for listening and leaves the cafĂ©.
Sioned is sitting quietly . . .
Sioned has been sitting quietly at a table, 
. . . then sends a text message . . .
picks up her phone and sends a text;  
. . . ordering more drugs
“Can I get more pills?   In the usual place?   I’ll pick them up later.”
"You left these at Tapas, Sara"
Dylan finds Sara and gives her back her coat and bag, which she left in Tapas;  he wants to know what Jason’s surprise was.   
"Can you confirm that I do want the house?"
She dismisses it as just something silly;  “Can you phone your friend, to confirm that I want the house?” she says.   
He wonders what made her decide, 
"Ifan has to come first"
and she replies that she had another offer, but Ifan deserves better, and he has to come first.   
"Good news, mate"
Dylan will phone his friend straightaway to give him the good news.
Aaron has just finished his chips
Aaron has just eaten his lunch of chips, and appears to be worried about Jamie;  
He hopes Jamie is OK
he sends her a text, “Hope you’re OK?”
Eileen has written about bathtime
At the Writing Club, Eileen is reading, “My favourite place is the bath;  after a busy day with Huwi-John, changing a mountain of nappies and slaving away, there’s nothing better than a hot bath, and a cold glass of wine – heaven!”
"I'm only here because Cassie invited me"
Sara informs Garry that she is only there because Cassie invited her;  
"I'm looking forward to being your landlord"
he will not accept payment for her drink, commenting, “It’s on the house – I’m looking forward to being your landlord.”
They laugh at Eileen's experience with bubble bath
Now Eileen has reached the culmination of her tale, “And that’s how dangerous it is to put too many bubbles in the bath!” when Sara joins them.   
Cassie is about to read a piece she has written
She is told that she is just in time to hear the piece Cassie has written, which she admits has wandered a little bit from this week’s theme;  the title is ‘Fear’.
This is on the subject of 'fear'
“Fear is a small word, like a stone in your shoe, or a grain of sand in your sandwich.   Like a lump under your fingers – and around a fortnight ago, I found a lump.”   
The subject matter is rather depressing
The faces of the listeners fall as she continues, “I wanted it to disappear – I wanted to disappear – but it was still there, and it is still there, stuck in me – it’s part of me.   
"I'm frightened of suffering"
“It’s not that I’m frightened of dying – I’m frightened of suffering.   The word ‘cancer’ is everywhere, and once you think you have it – it’s in every newspaper, in every film you see – it follows someone like a shadow.
"What I want to do, more than anything, is to see Mai"
“But what I want to do, more than anything, is to see Mai – I miss her so much – I haven’t seen her for years, and it’s taken this to make me realise how much I miss her.   Well, that’s it – I’ve reached the end – of this piece, I mean!”
"Is it true, Cassie?"
By this time the other three are feeling very sympathetic towards her, and Anita asks if it is true;  
"I don't think I'd write anything so morbid if it wasn't"
“Well, I don’t think I’d write something morbid like that if it wasn’t true,” Cassie replies.   They cannot believe that she has kept this to herself without telling them, and Eileen assures her that they are here for her, whatever happens.
"I wouldn't have had the guts if it wasn't for Jason"
“Well, I don’t think I would have had the guts to say it, if it wasn’t for Jason,” Cassie tells them, “When I said earlier I wanted to disappear, I really did want to. I was in a very dark place when I went away last week, but Jason showed me how precious life is.   To be honest, he was very good to me, and a huge support.”
This causes Sara to think
This is affecting Sara quite considerably, as Anita asks if she has had a diagnosis, because she should not be getting ahead of herself.   “The Doctor has said there is a lump there, and I’m having the biopsy next week,” Cassie answers, “And I’m not brave, I’m terrified!”
"You're very brave, Cassie!"
Anita considers she has been very brave to tell them, but Cassie attributes that to Jason;  
"Jason didn't say a word"
Sara says that he did not breathe a word of this.   Cassie informs her that he promised he would not, adding, 
"You've got a good one there, Sara!"
“You’ve got a good one there.”
Sara is in a hurry to leave . . .
Sara leaves them and when she gets near the door she encounters Dylan, 
. . . and walks straight past Dylan
but continues past him without saying a word.
Ifan has paid a visit to the doctor
Jason is emerging from the door of the surgery, carrying Ifan;  “I think you deserve a treat, because you’ve been a good boy,” he says, and this is when they see Sara.   
"The doctor said there is nothing to worry about"
“He bumped his head in the park with Elinor – the doctor said there’s nothing to worry about.   I tried to phone you a few times, and so did Elinor.   
"We've left several messages on your phone"
“We’ve left several messages on your phone, but it’s fine.   I went straight there once I heard, and he’s OK.   A big cwtch with Dadi, and he forgot all about the tears.”
Sara breaks down in tears
Sara now starts to cry, and Jason insists, “We don’t want to see Mami crying as well, do we?”   
She explains that Cassie has just told them about the lump, and was praising him to the heavens, saying that he gave her real hope.
He dismisses this, as all he did was talk to her and support her;  
"Jase, I'm so sorry about the way I've behaved lately"
“Jase, I’m so sorry about the way I’ve behaved lately – what would we do without Dadi?” she asks Ifan.
"What do you say, then – the three of us in the flat?"
Jason eagerly enquires, “So what do you say, then?   Clean slate – the three of us in the flat?” and she agrees.   
"We're going to be living up there"
“Ifan, you see that window up there?” Jason goes on, “We’re going to be living up there you can stand in that window if you want, and wave to all the people that pass.”
"I just want to make you happy, that's all!"
He again stresses to Sara, “I just want to make you happy, that’s all!” 
Dylan congratulates them on the news
and as Dylan comes out of the Deri, he is told, “Sara will have no excuse for being late for work – we’ll be living even closer, in the salon flat.”   Dylan congratulates them, and thinks that this deserves a drink.
"We're going to make you so happy, Sara!"
“We’re going to make you so happy, Sara, I promise!” Jason exclaims, “Ifan and me.”
Sioned walks purposefully towards a litter bin . . . 
At the same place where the release of Gwern took place, Sioned walks towards a litter bin, 
. . . where her next 'fix' is concealed
takes money from her pocket and exchanges it for a package left underneath the bin.   
She is surprised to see Jamie
Jamie approaches, to Sioned’s surprise;  “I heard you had been expelled from school,” Sioned commiserates, 
"I've got no choice now – I have to do what Jessie says"
and is told that Jamie has got no choice now – whatever Jessie says, she has to do it.   
Sioned feels guilty about it
“Look after yourself,” Sioned tells her 
Then a black car arrives . . .
and is walking away when a large black car arrives, 
. . . watched by Sioned from behind the bin
so she hides behind some conveniently placed wheelie bins.   
Two men talk to Jamie
Two smartly dressed men get out of the car and speak to Jamie, while Sioned watches from her hiding place.
Anita thinks that Cassie deserve a cwtch . . . 
Anita tells Cassie that sometimes words are not enough, and gives her a cwtch.   
. . . and they both offer their support
Eileen stresses that they will support her through this.   The appointment is at 11 o’clock on Thursday at the hospital, and they both volunteer to take her there, 
"I've already arranged a taxi"
but she has already booked a taxi.
Sara return and says everything is all right
Sara reappears, apologising for leaving earlier;  she says that everything is all right, and is advised by Cassie to keep hold of Jason.   Sara replies that is what she intends to do, 
"I'm doing this for Ifan"
then goes over to Dylan at the bar,  explaining that she is doing this for Ifan;  he is sure that his friend, Gwil will understand. 
Now it is time for Ifan to go to bed
It is now Ifan’s bedtime, and both his parents leave together, 
Dylan is disappointed this time
with Dylan looking rather disappointed.   
"You're responsible for these leaflets!"
Hywel approaches Anita, complaining, “You’ve got a cheek!   I know you’re responsible for these leaflets!   I’m going to sue you for libel!”
"It's not libel – you did those things!"
Eileen points out to him, “It’s not libel, because you did those things!” and Anita reminds him of what he did to her with the app.   He realises that this is revenge, 
"You're not the only one who can play dirty!"
and is informed that he is not the only one who can play dirty.  
Hywel appears lost for words
This leaves Hywel uncharacteristically speechless. 
Now Jessie has arrived on the scene . . .
A van approaches the handover location, with Jessie in the passenger seat;  
. . . and watches Jamie and the two policemen
she watches Jamie speaking to the two men, who apparently are police officers, and as soon as they have left in the car, 
Jamie retrieves Sioned's payment
Jamie retrieves the money from under the bin.
Now the coast is clear, the van pulls up
Then the van arrives, and Jessie comments, “You’re quite friendly with the pigs, I see!   You had a lot to tell them – 
"You all looked very cosy"
“you all looked very cosy.”   
Jamie is manhandled to the van . . .
The driver bundles Jamie towards the van, while Jessie warns, “Don’t make a noise – if you do, you’ll get hurt!”
. . . while Sioned watches in horror
Sioned is horrified by the events playing out before her, 
"I didn't tell them anything!"
as Jamie protests, “They were asking questions, but I didn’t tell them anything!”   
"Expect me to believe that?"
Jessie does not believe this, and the van door is closed.   
The van drives away . . .
It drives away at high speed and Sioned looks very frightened.
. . . and Jessie seems to have noticed something
Jessie looks back as they depart, possibly noticing Sioned lurking there.