9 October 2019 (1st)

Tesni is back from school . . . 
Tesni arrives home from school and finds Guto lying on the sofa;  
. . . and Guto maintains he is ill
“Oi!   Where were you for the last lesson?” she demands.   He says that he is ill, 
"I don't believe you – and neither does Luned!"
but she continues, “I don’t believe you – and neither does Luned.   She’s worried you’ve gone off her or something.   She keeps asking about the party – 
"She thinks you've changed since Saturday"
“she thinks you’ve changed since Saturday.”
Guto groans that he cannot look her in the eye, but is told, “Stop acting weird, and take her out or something – 
"You've done what?"
“you don’t have a lot of choice, because I’ve told her you want her to come over in half an hour.   Take her for a pizza or something, and make her feel special.   She deserves that, doesn’t she?”   
He wonders what he is going to do now
This fait accompli leaves Guto in a very troubled state.
Gaynor is to be faced with Jamie's parents
At Llwyncelyn, Gaynor is packing Jamie Fenchurch’s belongings from the school into a box and will take them to her parents.   Izzy has some time off in lieu, so is going to help Eifion with his canvassing;  she hopes that her mother will put her tick in the right box.
“Oh, the election – something else to fit in today!” complains her mother, “It’s like a circus today.   
Izzy's dodgy dealings are about to come to light . . . 
Then her phone rings, and it she finds it is Mr Sneddon, who has found some discrepancies with the figures for the hire of the school hall.   
. . . which disturbs Izzy 
Izzy is looking worried by this time, and Gaynor says she will will ring him back when she has access to the figures;  “I’m sure there is a simple answer to this.” Izzy thinks it wise to leave the house as a matter of urgency.
"I can't see Tyler changing his mind . . ."
Iolo tells his father that he does not see Tyler changing his mind;  
". . . not while these 'memes' are going round"
“Not while these ‘memes’ are going around.”   Siôn knows nothing of this, so Iolo has to show him.   
Siôn looks at the problem
Putting on his glasses, Siôn is shocked by what he sees, and wonders how long it has been going on.   
"That's why he can't face returning to school"
“A long time – that’s why Tyler can’t face returning to school,” says Iolo, “The children make comments in every lesson.”
"And Tyler hasn't done anything about it?"
Siôn is even more surprised that Tyler has not done anything about it;  “No, because he doesn’t want to make things worse,” is Iolo’s answer, 
"Now he's in London, doing an exam"
“And now he’s in London, doing an exam for a TEFL [Teaching English as a Foreign Language] course.”
"Right, you have to phone Gaynor!"
Siôn points out that these are serious, and a few of them break the law;  “Right, you have to phone Gaynor!  Iolo is insistent that he will not do such a thing, but his father points out that he has a responsibility.
"I promised Tyler I wouldn't"
“I promised Tyler that I won’t do anything about it!” Iolo exclaims, but his father points out there comments about other teachers as well, and asks whether he wants Tyler to stay in Cwmderi.   “Of course I do!” he replies, so Siôn maintains he has no choice.
"If you sort this out, you might have a chance"
“If you sort this out, you might have a chance,” Siôn tells him, and Iolo realises that he has to do this.
Guto does not seem to be taking any notice
Luned has arrived at number 10, and tells Guto, “The film I want to see starts at seven – we could go after having a pizza – or perhaps before.”   He looks very preoccupied and says nothing, but she wants him to choose, and he gives the excuse that he does not feel well.
"You're rubbish at lying!"
“Don’t start – you’re rubbish at lying!” she informs him, “Are you going to tell me, then, why you’re being so weird?   Just say, Guto, because it can’t be as bad as what I’m imagining!”
"What are you imagining, then?"
He nervously enquires what she is imagining, and she replies that someone said that Sioned was after him;  
"Sioned after you – that's ridiculous, isn't it?"
“But that’s ridiculous, isn’t it?”
"It didn't mean anything, honest!"
After another long pause, Guto falteringly begins, “It didn’t mean anything, honest!”   
Then the realisation hits her
Luned assumes that they have been snogging, but his continued lack of explanation makes her realise that there was more to it than that.
"I regret it all so much – Luned, please don't go!"
“I regret it all so much – Luned, please don’t go!” he whimpers, but she is already on her way to the door, 
"You were supposed to be a nice guy!"
and points out that he was supposed to be a nice guy.   Guto is furious with himself.
"Were taking these 'memes' seriously"
In Gaynor’s absence, Ffion is dealing with the matter, and goes to number 7, where she has been summoned by Iolo;  “Sorry, but it’s an awful time at school at the moment.   Gaynor wanted me to make it clear that we are taking these ‘memes’ seriously,” she tells him and his father.
"Some of them are about you, mind"
Iolo shows her the offending items, warning that some of them are about her;  
Such as this one
one reads, “I’m not drinking – I promise.”   
"Why didn't Tyler say anything?"
She demands why Tyler did not say anything, and is told that he wanted to avoid making things worse.
“These break all kinds of rules,” she exclaims, “I think the first step is to ask the IT teacher to look into it.”   
"These sort of things can't be traced"
Iolo is convinced that things like this cannot be traced, but Ffion maintains that it is worth trying.   “And if it’s not possible, we shall have to start asking the pupils – but we will get to the bottom of this!”   
"Thanks for your help, Ffion"
Siôn is grateful for her help, especially at such a difficult time for the school.
Ffion goes to start the investigation
Ffion will get back to them as soon as she can, and leaves to start the investigation.   
"You've done the right thing, Iolo . . ."
Siôn assures Iolo that he has done the right thing;  
". . . even if Tyler doesn't see that straightaway"
“Even if Tyler doesn’t see that straightaway.”
"Terrible about Jamie, isn't it?"
In the Deri, Eifion is commiserating with Colin and Britt about Jamie, 
"No-one had any idea she was dealing drugs"
and Britt points out she was expelled from school a few weeks ago, but no-one had any idea she had been dealing drugs.   “You can’t be sure what young people do behind their parents’ backs,” comments Eifion, “All the more reason to put your tick in the right box – to make sure that the council invests in our youth!”   Colin wishes him good luck.
Geraint will display the box on the bar
Izzy has come in with a collecting tin;  she tells Geraint that Dani said she could leave this to raise money in memory of Jamie, and he takes it.   
"Things are about to go pear-shaped!"
She explains to Eifion that it is ‘damage limitation’, predicting that things are about to go pear-shaped;  “Mr Sneddon phoned Mam – he’s still questioning the figures, 
"It's only a matter of time before Mam finds out"
“and it’s only a matter of time before Mam finds out!” she wails.   
He says that there must be a way to sort this out, and advises that coming clean to her mother might be the only answer;  
"Ask your Mam to sort it out"
“Ask her to sort it out before your boss works out the truth.”
"Why are you still here – and where's Luned?"
Tesni comes home to number 10, and asks Guto why he is still there, and where is Luned.   
"She suspected something, so I had to tell the truth"
“I told her about Sioned,” he replies, “She suspected something, so I had to tell the truth.”    She contests this, and wonders what Luned said.   “Not a lot – I don’t know whether we’ve finished – because she left!” is his answer.
"You should have gone after her!"
“You should have gone after her – go and sort things out!” rages Tesni, but he sighs that there is no point.   “Do you want to be with her?” she asks, and he affirms that he really likes her – 
"It's too late now"
but now it is too late.
Tesni seems more concerned about her relationship with Luned
“If this ruins things between me and Luned, I’ll never forgive you!” Tesni shouts, which does nothing to improve Guto’s humour.
Gaynor has had a harrowing experience
As they return to Llwyncelyn, Gaynor asks, “Where do you start to apologise to a mother who has lost her daughter?   If only I had not expelled her!”   
"You didn't have any choice"
Ffion agrees that it is a terrible situation, but stresses that Gaynor did not have much choice.   “I still feel that we didn’t do enough for her!” Gaynor adds.
"The matter has been passed to the IT department"
Ffion explains that the matter concerning the ‘memes’ has been passed to the IT department, and she has sent an email to parents and pupils, asking them to get in touch if they have any information.
Then Ffion’s phone rings, and Gaynor snarls, “If that’s the press, kindly tell them where to go!”   
"Oh, I see, Meirion"
However it is some information from the IT department, which proves shocking to Ffion.
“Do you want the good news or the bad news?” she asks Gaynor;  “Meirion has found out who was behind those ‘memes’ – 
"A naïve little boy – Aaron Monk!"
“a naïve little boy who didn’t know how to cover his tracks.   It was Aaron Monk!” which surprises Gaynor.
"Are you all right, Luned?"
Tesni finds Luned in the Deri and reports that she has just seen Guto, and asks Luned if she is all right;  “How could he do that, Tes?” she demands, 
"I knew something happened at that party!"
“I knew something had happened at that party – this must have come as a shock to you as well.   Why would he do this?   Especially after the prom business.”
Tesni commiserates with her
Tesni does her best to commiserate with Luned, and is described as, “The best friend in the world.   I should finish with him, I guess?   
"He's not like other boys – well, that's what I thought, at least!"
“But I really like him – he’s not like other boys – well, that’s what I thought, at least.”
Tesni stresses that he really regrets it, and he really likes her;  “He must have just been drunk!   
"We all make stupid mistakes when we're drunk"
“And we all make stupid mistakes when we’re drunk, don’t we?”
“You’re an amazing friend,” says Luned, “And this mess with Guto will never come between us and Milltir Sgwar, OK?”   
"The 'amazing friends' hug each other
The two girls hug each other.
"Did you see the e-mail from the school?"
Ffion arrives at the chip shop flat, and asks if Britt has seen the e-mail sent by the school;  Colin remarks that it sounds serious.   
Aaron is eavesdropping
Aaron has just emerged from his bedroom, 
"The IT staff can prove that Aaaron was responsible"
as Ffion continues, “It is serious, I’m afraid.   Unfortunately, the IT staff can prove that Aaron was responsible.”   
"No, that can't be right!"
Neither Britt nor Colin can believe that this is true, 
"They were sent from his school e-mail account"
but Ffion emphasises that the ‘memes’ were sent from his school e-mail account.   
'That doesn't mean he created them"
Britt says that does not mean he created them, but then they see him lurking at the top of the stairs.
"It was only meant to be a bit of fun"
“Look, Miss, it was only meant to be a bit of fun – I promise.   Everyone has been talking about this e-mail, so please, don’t go to the police.   The last thing I wanted to do was upset anyone.”   Britt hopes that Ffion will not go to the police over a bit of harmless fun
Luned invites Tesni to go away at half term"
“I had a word with my auntie, and she say we can stay at the hotel she runs over half term,” says Luned, 
"I think we could take Milltir Sgwar a long way!"
“I enjoy working with you, and I think we could take Milltir Sgwar a long way!”
Then Guto appears
Then her expression changes, as she has noticed Guto coming towards them;  Tesni thinks it a good idea to leave them to talk.
"Siôn threw herself at me – and I was angry with you"
Guto hesitantly stresses how sorry he is;  “I know it’s no excuse, but Sioned threw herself at me – and I was angry with you.”   
"Angry – why?"
Luned wonders why, 
"I never see you these days, Luns"
and he goes on, “Because I never see you these days, Luns – you’re either working on this flippin’ app with Tes, or you’re away somewhere.   You forgot to tell me you wouldn’t be at the party – and I was missing you.”
"That doesn't make it all right for you to sleep with someone else!"
She is adamant that she did tell him she would not be there:  “But that doesn’t make it all right for you to sleep with someone else!”   He reminds her that she snogged Jake after they argued.   
"There is rather a difference, Guto!"
She angrily points out that there is rather a difference between the two events.
"Please give me another chance!"
Guto pleads with her to give him another chance;  “I like you so much!”   
She would prefer it if he had not told her
She would almost prefer it if he had not said anything, and wonders why he has to be so honest;  “If you hadn’t said anything, we could have carried on as we were,” she tells him, 
"Girls are impossible!"
and he says that girls are impossible.   “Don’t blame girls – you are in the wrong here!   
"You should have kept your trousers on – or your mouth shut!"
“You should either have kept your trousers on, or your mouth shut!”
"I regret not listening to Tes!"
Guto blurts out, “I regret not listening to Tes from the start!   It would have made life much easier!”   Luned suspects that Tes knew about it, and asks whether she did or not.
"You don't always want the truth, do you?"
“How am I supposed to answer that question?” he demands, “Tell me – because you don’t always want the truth, do you?” and he walks out of the Deri.
"Is this what you asked me to sign yesterday?"
Izzy and Eifion arrive at Llwyncelyn, in a rather anxious state.   Gaynor has been doing some investigation;  “Is this is what you asked me to sign yesterday?” she enquires, 
She has the invoice displayed on the screen
displaying on the laptop screen an invoice for £2,400.   “This claims that we charged £400 more than we usually do for the hall.”
Izzy pleads a sudden loss of memory . . . 
Izzy maintains that she does not remember, so her mother shows her the original invoice for £2,000 and comments, “What I don’t understand is why you have changed the figure in the second invoice.   “What’s going on?”
Izzy begins, “The thing is . . .” 
. . . so Eifion gallantly steps in to take the blame
and Eifion steps in to say that he was distracting her, and that she must have pushed the wrong button.   Gaynor agrees that Eifion is a big distraction, and suggests that he should go.   He takes the hint, and leaves.
"I hope you haven't been stealing from Yr Antur"
“I really hope you haven’t been stealing from Yr Antur!” says Gaynor, and Izzy whines about how sorry she is;  
"I'm in a pickle and don't know how to get out!"
she admits that she is in a pickle and does not know how to get out of it.   Her mother does not look particularly sympathetic.
"You can see how much this has affected Mr Davies-White"
Ffion has been pointing out to Aaron the results of his actions;  “You can see how much this has affected Mr Davies-White.”   
"It was just intended as a joke"
It was originally intended as a joke between Aaron and the boys, and the teachers were not supposed to see it.
"Once it's out there, it's out of your control"
“That’s the problem – once it’s out there, it’s out of your control,” Ffion informs him.   He wants Mr Davies-White to know how sorry he is, and would be really gutted if he left,
You can apologise to every member of staff tomorrow"
Britt tells him, “You can apologise to every member of staff tomorrow, because there are a lot of nasty ‘memes’ about a lot of the staff.”   
"There's no need to involve the police, is there?"
Colin hopes that the school will not involve the police, 
"I don't think it would do anyone much good"
and Ffion doubts that it would do anyone much good.
“As long as we can all learn from this,” she emphasises, 
Aaron will be informed of his punishment tomorrow
and again Aaron says how sorry he is.   “Come and see me tomorrow, Aaron, and we’ll discuss your punishment,” Ffion tells him.
Britt sends Aaron to his room, and they will have a chat later;  
"I don't know how I would have coped"
she confides to Ffion that she does not know how she would have coped if the school had suspended him or reported him.   “This business with Jamie has probably shaken him,” she says.
"Suspending him won't help with his learning"
Ffion agrees that it has shocked everyone;  “Our job is to help Aaron to learn, and suspending him from school won’t help with that,” she says as she leaves the flat.
"I dealt with things well there, Colin"
Britt is feeling encouraged;  “I dealt with things well there, didn’t I, Col?   I didn’t overreact with Ffion – and I dealt with Lisa well, too.   
"I think I'm starting to get better"
“I think I’m starting to get better.”   
Colin is in agreement there
He definitely agrees with that, and she hugs him.
"I tried to tell her you regret it"
Tesni informs Guto, “I tried to tell her you regret it . . .”   He stops her there, but before he can say any more, there is a knock at the door, and Luned bursts into the house, in floods of tears.
"I thought we were friends!'
“I thought we were friends, Tes!” she rages, “Why did you pretend you didn’t know about Sioned, then?”   
"I was in a difficult position"
Tesni maintains that she was in a difficult position, but Luned rejects this;  
"I don't want anything to do with either of you again!"
“No, you weren’t – you had no intention of telling me!   You’re dumped – both of you.   I don’t want anything to do with either of you ever again!”
Luned walks out of Guto's life
She slams the door behind her, 
"If only you'd kept your pants on!"
and Tesni growls, “If only you’d kept your pants on!”
"I was a bit short, that's all"
“I was a bit short, that’s all,” argues Izzy, and her mother demands exactly what she wanted to buy, and why did she not ask.   
"After all the hassle I've had from you?"
“Mam, come on – after all the hassle I’ve had from you!   You forced me to take this job to pay you back for all the money I wasted when I was travelling!   And you’re charging me rent!”
"You hardly ever pay rent, Esyllt!"
Gaynor roars, “You hardly ever pay rent, Esyllt!   This business about ‘being short’ is a lie.   
"You've been caught . . ."
“You saw a chance to take advantage, and you’ve been caught!   And you were willing to deceive your own mother!”
Izzy responds, rather naïvely, “I didn’t expect to get caught!”   
". . . and you made it look as if I was involved!"
Gaynor resents the fact that she has been made to look involved, but Izzy insists that it was only £400, and no one needs to find out.   She suggests that if they said the school mistakenly increased the rent by £400 everything would be fine.
"I will pay it back"
“Or we could say it was my mistake, and I will pay back the money,” she goes on, but her mother is perfectly well aware she does not have the money.
"You expect me to pay – forget it!"
“So you expect me to pay!” Gaynor demands, and is told that Izzy will pay her back.   “Forget it!   I’ve been far too generous to you over the years – it’s time you stood on your own two feet!   I’m not going to take the blame for this – you’ll have to be honest with Mr Sneddon in the morning.”
"That is your problem!"
“Mam, he could report me – I could go to prison!” whines Izzy, but it is stressed that is her problem.