21 October 2019

"Please don't point that thing at me!"
Eileen begs Jessie not to point that thing at her, but is told, “One more word and you’ll regret it!   Where is she?”   Eileen does not know, and is also looking for Sioned, explaining that they argued this afternoon, which seems to trouble Jessie.
"In the meantime, you can start packing"
Garry is just finishing a phone call;  “I don’t know how long it will be – in the meantime, you can start packing.”   He tells Dani, when she comes in that he was speaking to Britt;  
"They have to move out of the chippy flat temporarily"
“They have to move out of the flat temporarily – the firemen need to make sure that place is safe after the explosion.   
"I didn't think you'd want them here"
Don’t worry, I’ll book them into the Glyndwr – I didn’t think you’d want them here, under the circumstances.   
"It will only be for a few days"
“And I’ve offered to pay the bill – I know the Glyndwr is pretty expensive, but it will only be for a few days.
"We've come to asks some questions about the explosion"
DI Davies comes in with a constable, announcing, “We have come to ask some questions about the explosion.”   They have already taken a statement from Dani, but are now here about the cause of the explosion.
“According to forensics, it was a broken gas pipe,” she goes on, and Garry makes it clear that Dani does not know anything, so there is no point wasting her time.
"I'm the one who knows what happened"
“I’m the one who knows what happened,” he adds, 
"Sorry you had to find out this way, Dan"
and apologises to Dani that she has to find out this way.
"I'm still in the village, but I'm safe for now"
Up in the shop flat, Jessie is speaking on the phone;  “I’m still in the village, but I’m safe for now.”   While she is peering anxiously out of the window, 
Eileen's attempt to use her phone . . .
Eileen picks up her phone and, hiding it under the table, 
. . . to text for assistance . . .
attempts to surreptitiously send a message.   Jessie irritably continues, “Answer the phone next time, please!” 
. . . is unsuccessful
then notices what Eileen is doing and seizes her phone.
"You can't escape, you know"
“You can’t escape, you know,” Eileen tells her, “The police are looking for you everywhere.”   
"Phone your daughter"
Jessie assumes that Sioned’s number is on her phone, and instructs her to call her daughter.
Garry has told the police 'something'
Garry has told the DI ‘his version’ of what happened, and she prepares to leave, promising that she will be in touch.   
After they have gone, Dani demands why he told them what he did;  
"A half-truth is better than nothing"
he replies, “A half-truth is better than nothing – if they think I was working in the salon, and the pipe broke by accident, it’s more believable, isn’t it?”
"Why did you admit anything, Garry?"
She wonders why he has admitted anything, and he points out, “Because I don’t want you to get dragged into this.”   
"You could go to jail"
She reminds him that if the police decide the explosion was his fault, he could go to jail, 
"It's no less than I deserve!"
but he sighs, “It’s no less than I deserve!”
Dani wants to know if they will be questioning Gwyneth;  
"If she wasn't blackmailing you . . ."
“If she wasn’t blackmailing you, you wouldn’t have gone there – not to mention the fact she attacked you!”   Garry uncharacteristically maintains he cannot just go on blaming other people – 
"This time I have to accept the consequences"
this time he has to accept the consequences.
Jessie warns Eileen, “Either you phone her, or her little brother will get it!”   
"Please don't harm Huwi!"
Eileen pleads with her not to harm Huwi, 
"Tell her to come here then!"
so she repeats, “Phone her now, and tell her to come back to the flat!”   When Eileen protests that she may refuse, she is told that she will have to persuade Sioned.
Sioned sees the call from her mother
Eileen makes the call, and Sioned, who is sitting in the Deri, answers it;  
"I've been looking everywhere for you!"
“Sioned, thank goodness!” her mother says, breathlessly, “I’ve been looking everywhere for you – where are you?”   
"Are you OK, Mam?"
Sioned asks if she is OK, and her mother replies, “I’m a bit upset.”    
The gun is pointed at Eileen again
Jessie points the gun at her once more;  “Because we argued, I suppose,” Eileen goes on, “I’m sorry about what I said – I didn’t mean it.   
"I'm in the flat – why don't you come over?"
“I’m in the flat – why don’t you come over so we can talk properly?”
Sioned is surprised that her mother is in the flat, pointing out that it is not safe to be there, and suggests Eileen join her at the Deri, but it is told, “It would be better for you to come here, so we can have some privacy.”
"We could have dinner here"
Sioned says that it is very quiet at the Deri, and they could have dinner together, but her mother is adamant that it would be better for her to come to the flat;  
"Please, Sioned – for me!"
“Please, Sioned – for me!” and Sioned agrees to do as she says.
The phone is snatched away from Eileen 
Jessie has had enough of this and snatches the phone, in case Eileen has any other silly ideas;  
"Go and find something to patch me up"
“Now go and find something to patch me up, while we wait for her,” 
Eileen follows instructions
and Eileen does as instructed.
Sioned considers that phone call rather strange
Sioned is rather confused by that strange call, but leaves the Deri, as Dani comes to the bar 
"They're bound to find something, Garry!"
and asks Garry, “What about forensics?   You’re not stupid, Garry – they’re bound to find something!”
"Well, I was there working, wasn't I?"
He replies that the police think he was there working, and accidents do happen.   She insists, “I can’t help thinking that Gwyneth causes all our problems – 
"You always say family comes first"
“you always say family comes first – so it’s time for this nonsense with Gwyneth to stop!”   She fetches her coat, and goes out.
The police are still much in evidence . . .
As she comes out of the door of the Deri, there is still a strong police presence in the street;  
. . . as Dani makes her way along the street
DI Davies notices Dani walking past.
"Things are not OK – that's why I'm here!"
She goes into the back door of number 9 and apologises for barging in, explaining that it is important;  “Everything’s not OK – that’s why I’m here,” she tells Gwyneth, 
"I deleted the video of him and Jessie!"
who says she has deleted the video of him and Jessie, about which Dani knew nothing.   There is a knock at the door, and Dani informs her that it will be the police;  
"Tell them he was here doing DIY"
“Garry’s taken responsibility for the explosion, and they have come to talk to you. If you want to get Garry out of this hole, tell them he was there doing DIY – 
"It depends on how convincing you are"
“it depends on how convincing you are.”
Gwyneth goes to answer the door, and Dani slips out the back way.   
"No problem – come in"
DI Davies hopes that it is not a bad time, and is invited into the house.   
"We have some questions about the explosion in the salon"
“We have some questions about the explosion in the salon,” the DI begins.
Eileen cleans up the abrasions
Eileen is cleaning up Jessie’s facial injuries, and is warned to watch what she is doing;  then they hear Sioned coming up the stairs, and Jessie seizes her gun.   
Sioned has a shock when she arrives
Sioned has brought some flowers, and Jessie comments, “You didn’t have to!”
"She was threatening Huwi!"
Eileen protest that she had no choice but to call Sioned, as Huwi was being threatened;  
"You didn't think you would get away with betraying me, did you?"
“You didn’t think you would get away with betraying me, did you?” Jessie snarls at Sioned, and warns them not to do anything stupid.
"Don't do anything to my Mam or my little brother!"
Sioned pleads that she should not do anything to her Mam or her little brother, and is told, “Perhaps, no-one will have to get hurt – drive me somewhere!”   Sioned is adamant that she will do it, and is instructed to go and pack some food.
"I'm so sorry, Sioned!"
Eileen hugs her daughter, saying that she is sorry.
"A broken gas pipe caused the explosion"
“According to forensics, a broken gas pipe caused the explosion,” says the DI, as her colleague PC891 takes notes.   “This was not upstairs, but in the salon,” she continues, “And there were signs that the salon was damaged before the explosion.   Garry Monk has admitted that he was to blame for breaking the pipe, 
"According to his statement, you were there too"
“but according to his statement, you were there too.”
"Garry broke the pipe – probably"
Gwyneth unconvincingly confirms that Garry broke the pipe, probably;  “Well, if he did, it was an accident, because I didn’t notice.   I asked Garry over to do some DIY – to save money.   
"He must regret it now"
“He agreed straightaway – he must regret it now.”
"Things were not good between you and Garry Monk, were they?"
The DI understood that things were not good between her and Garry Monk, and Gwyneth describes it as complicated;  
"He had to use a sledgehammer"
“But we try our best for Gwern, our son.   The pipe must have broken when he removed the skirting – it was a big job, and he had to use a sledgehammer.   That might have been when the pipe cracked.”
"Why didn't you say so at the start?"
“If it was an accident, why didn’t you say so at the start?” demands the DI. Gwyneth says that she panicked, and did not want to get Garry into trouble.   “But if he hadn’t tried to to damage anything, there was no need to worry,” DI Davies points out, and Gwyneth replies that is what she is telling the truth now.   
DI Davies takes that with a pinch of salt
The DI has her doubts about that, 
They leave Gwyneth's house . . .
but she and the constable leave the house, 
. . . and she looks rather panic-stricken
while Gwyneth looks very uneasy.
"Right, now we need to get the car"
Sioned has packed a bag with various food and drink, which Jessie judges will be sufficient;  then they need to get the car, and Eileen is told to do that, 
"I'm not leaving you alone with her!"
but she maintains that she is not leaving those two alone.   
"I shall be all right, Mam"
Sioned says that she will be all right.
"If you're not back in ten minutes – well . . ."
“Park the car in the back lane, and don’t do anything to raise any suspicions.   If you’re not back in ten minutes – well – I don’t need to say, do I?”   
"I'll be at the meeting place in an hour"
Eileen follows her instructions and Jesse leaves another message for someone;  “I’ll be at the meeting place in about an hour – can you please phone me back?   
Sioned does not like being referred to as 'a problem'
“I need to know what you want me to about the problem we have.”
"Let me know when you hear from the authorities"
In the Deri bar, Garry is also speaking on the phone, to Britt;  “I’m glad I can help – let me know when you hear from the authorities, all right?”   
"What does she want?"
He informs Dani that it is sorted, but then Gwyneth walks in;  “What does she want?” he groans.
"I think they believed me"
“I think they believed me – we’ll have to wait and see,” says Gwyneth, 
"What's going on?"
and Garry wonders what is going on.   “I’ve just confirmed your story to the police,” he is told, 
"Dani warned me – so I didn't put my foot in it!"
“The DIY story!”   Dani suggests that he should thank Gwyneth, which he does, and she replies, “Dani warned me – if she hadn’t, I would have put my foot in it!”
"You're not off the hook yet, Garry"
Dani cautions that he is not off the hook yet, but there is hope at least;  perhaps the two of them can sort something out for Gwern’s sake.   
Garry is very grateful to Dani
Garry does not know what to say, after what happened, except, “Thank you,” to Dani.
Eileen brings the car into the back street . . .
Eileen drives the car, Toyota WP05ZDA, in the rain along the back street as far as the police tape.   
. . . and as she returns to the flat . . .
As she walks to the door of the flat, 
. . . sees the police in the High Street
she notices several police officers at the other end of the alley, but says nothing.
She gives Jessie the car keys
Up in the flat, she hands over the keys to Jessie, 
Sioned is seized
who roughly grabs Sioned’s arm;  “Is there another way to do this?” begs Eileen, but Sioned tells her not to worry, insisting that she will be back soon. 
"You said no-one would get hurt!"
Eileen stresses that Jessie said no-one would get hurt if Sioned co-operated;  “If she won’t promise you’ll be all right, what’s the point?” demands Eileen.
"You're forgetting one thing – Huwi!"
Jessie reminds her that she is forgetting one thing – Huwi;  “If you go to the cops, I’ll make sure you – and your whole family – regret it – whether I’m in prison or not!”
"I have to do this, Mam – I love you"
“I have to do this, Mam – I love you,” Sioned tells her mother, 
Jessie ie eager to get on the move
and they hug.   The gun is poked into Sioned’s back, and they leave the flat;  
Eileen is left in a terrible state
Eileen is left in floods of tears.