14 October 2019

Still unconscious . . .
In her unconscious state, 
. . . Sioned's mind is playing tricks on her
Sioned begins to dream that she is waking up, (accompanied by the song ‘Glo in the Dark’ by Super Furry Animals) 
She dreams that she is sitting up . . .
and she sits up by the bales of straw.   She is now clad in a simple white dress, 
. . . looking around . . .
and looks around her, with a smile on her face, 
. . . and feeling happy
then leans on the gate, looking up into the sky.
In her euphoric state, she walks toward the house
She appears to be blissfully happy, and walks towards the house;  
She finds two cribs, for herself and John
when she enters the kitchen she sees two small cribs, and realises she has been transported back to when she, and her twin brother John, were babies.
There is a photo of Denzil and Eileen . . .
She sees photographs of her mother and father on their wedding day, and also one of Auntie Marian;  
. . . and one of her and John
then she finds another, which features the two babies.   
She cannot find her mother
In her dream, she calls for her mother, but cannot find her, so goes out again into the farmyard, 
Eileen approaches
where she sees Eileen coming towards her.
"I told your father not to be late"
“There’s no sign of your father – I told him not to be late – I really need some patience sometimes!” she snarls, “Come and help.”   
A birthday party is being celebrated
Sioned instead walks towards the barn, which is festooned with bunting to celebrate the birthday of Sioned and John.
Inside, she finds her twin brother
Once back inside the farmhouse, she finds that things have altered, and her mother is accompanied by her brother John, with a birthday cake.   
“Have you upset Dad – again?” he asks Sioned, 
"Why do I get the blame for everything?"
and she wonders why she gets the blame for everything.   Her mother tells her to make the sandwiches before the people arrive.
John appears to be better at cooking than his mother
“I’ve made us a cake – it’s amazing!” says John, but Sioned expects that her Mam made it.   Eileen stresses that John has always been better at cooking than she is.
Sioned asks where her father is;  
"He's angry about what you did to Auntie Marian"
“Don’t you remember?” replies Eileen, “He’s sulking – he is angry with you for what you did to Auntie Marian.”
“Did you try to poison her?” John demands, and Sioned says she wants her father there.
"You're his favourite, Sioned"
Eileen reassures her that her father loves her, and that she is his favourite;  “Not a second passes when he doesn’t worry about you.”   John sneers that she is always giving him a reason to worry.   
Siôn is looking concerned
Sioned looks very concerned, then the scene changes to when they are playing ‘spin the bottle’.   
"Sing a folk song, John"
Eileen dares John to sing a folk song, so, much to Sioned’s delight, although she did not know he could play, he picks up his guitar.
He begins to sing to them . . .
By Dee’s deep riverbank so fair, a fair maid sat, lamenting
And saying with a mournful air, ‘My heart is almost breaking’.
. . . and Eileen joins in
Eileen joins in with him to sing the next few lines –
“I have no friend in this cold world, nor nome, nor mother tender;
My father’s doors to me are closed;  in there I must not enter.”
"Like you, Sioned"
“Like you, Sioned,” John coldly comments as he puts down his guitar.   Then it is his mother’s turn, and he dares her to do an impression, which, he says, she used to do all the time.   
"You can't do impressions, Mam"
Sioned believes that her Mam cannot do impressions, 
"How do you know?"
but John growls, “How do you know?” 
"A lorra, lorra laughs!"
and Eileen puts on her best ‘Cilla Black’ voice.
"We don't always get what we want – but you manage it more than most!"
When it is Sioned’s turn, she is required to tell the truth, although she would rather not, but her mother points out, “We don’t always get what we want – although you have managed it more than most!”
Then Sioned starts to get upset
Sioned’s face falls as John asks, “Have you ever bullied anyone?   
"You started with Lois when you were at school"
“You started with Lois when you were at school – and then the most recent one was Ed.”
"You sent Ed to his grave – and Auntie Marian, to be honest"
Eileen adds that Sioned sent him to his grave – and Auntie Marian, to be honest;  “Of course you bullied Auntie Marian – you manipulated her and stole from her.” John’s voice demands when was the last time she thought of anyone but herself, 
"Time for your birthday present"
and Eileen maintains that it is time she had her birthday present.
“Go outside with John – it’s out there,” her mother tells her, 
"Is it a pony?"
and she suspects that it is a pony.   
At first she cannot find John
Out in the farmyard, she looks around for her brother, but cannot see him.   
He has suddenly become younger
When she does find him, he looks much younger than before and is pointing towards the barn.   She excitedly says she has always wanted a pony;  
"And Sioned always gets what Sioned wants!"
“And Sioned always gets what Sioned wants!” John announces, “You never think of anyone but yourself – you got everything!”   She follows the direction he is indicating, 
Suddenly she is in a hospital
and suddenly finds herself in a hospital, with Eileen and Colin, sitting, anxiously waiting.
She follows the staff members . . .
There is the sound of a monitor bleeping, and she follows the nursing staff hurrying into the room;  
. . . and finds herself staring at . . .
she sees herself being given CPR, 
. . . herself on the verge of death
as her heart has stopped.
Jessie is still hanging around the village
In the village, Jessie is sitting in her car and looking anxious.
The first shock from the defibrillator is not successful . . .
Meanwhile the defibrillator is being charged, and is used on Sioned;  initially there is no response, 
. . . and the CPR continues
and they resume CPR.  
Eileen is desperately worried
Outside, Eileen is desperately worried, and Colin tries to console her.
The second shock brings her back to life
The second application of the defibrillator restarts her heart;  Sioned’s eyes open and she begins breathing.   The doctor thanks the team for their work, 
"Your daughter is alive"
and goes to inform Eileen that she is alive.   They cannot go to see her just yet, 
Eileen is so relieved
but Eileen realises that now there is hope, and hugs Colin.
Jessie is still in the car . . .
Jessie is still waiting in her car;  
. . . looking at photos of Sioned 
she looks on her phone at photos of Sioned.
Eileen is unable to contact Jim
Eileen is desperately trying to get hold of Jim, but has to leave another phone message;  “Voicemail again!” she exclaims, 
"Sioned's over the worst – she's alive!"
“Jim – Sioned’s over the worst – she’s alive!   I thought I’d lost her!   Please phone me when you get this message!   It would be nice to hear your voice.”
"I haven't been there for her lately"
Eileen is blaming herself for the overdose;  “I haven’t been there for her lately – I couldn’t take all her problems on.”   
"Everyone has their breaking point"
Colin appreciates that everyone has their breaking point;  something he has learned recently. 
"I've been seeing a woman – a prostitute"
“I’ve been seeing a woman – a prostitute,” he says, which comes as a surprise to Eileen;  “I didn’t know that’s what she was at the time,” he hastens to add, “I thought I was going to see a therapist – honest now, officer!”
"What happened, Col?"
She wonders what happened, and he explains, “After I’d realised my mistake, I ended up talking to her, and I paid her for her time.   
"She was willing to listen"
“I went to see her a couple of times, just to talk – I enjoyed her company, and she was willing to listen – for £50.”
"Sounds like what I could do with"
Eileen thinks that perhaps she could benefit from that, and maintains that she should have been a better friend to Colin, but he stresses that she had a lot on her mind, and he knows that normally he can turn to her.
Mathew comes round the corner
"Everyone has their breaking point"
Mathew comes round the corner by Bethania, and Jessie gets out of the car to talk to him;  
"I'm looking for Sioned"
“I don’t know if you can help, but I’m looking for Sioned.   I should have said, I’m Kirsty – we met on a course years ago and I’ve lost her number.   She told me to call in to see her if I was ever in Cwmderi.”
"She's gone away"
Mathew is suspicious and replies that she has gone away;  
"We don't know each other very well"
he adds that he does not know her very well.   As he is going into APD, he is told, “Remember to tell her I was here, if you see her, of course – 
"Tell her Jamie send her regards"
“and tell her that Jamie sends her regards.”   
This rings alarm bells
Mathew finds this very concerning.
"We had some lovely ones in this morning"
In the shop Izzy is buying a bottle of wine, and will also have some flowers;  Llinos informs her, “We had some lovely ones in this morning – come and choose.”   
Jessie takes the opportunity . . .
As they go outside, where the flowers are displayed, Jessie comes in 
. . . to 'borrow' the flat key
and in their absence snoops in the back room, where she finds a key to the flat upstairs.
"Is Sioned here?"
When they come back in with the flowers, Jesse asks, “Is Sioned here?” and is told to try the Deri.   
Izzy wants chocolates, as well as wine and flowers
Izzy decides that she will also have a box of chocolates.
"There's no damage to her brain"
At the hospital, Colin has been to fetch a drink, and Eileen announces that Sioned is going to be all right;  “There’s no damage to her brain or anything – 
"If we hadn't found her when we did . . ."
“the fact that we found her when we did saved her life,” and she is full of gratitude to Colin.
"How is Sioned?"
Mathew comes rushing in, and asks how Sioned is;  he is very relieved to hear she is going to be all right.   
"It's so hard to get through to her, isn't it?"
“I’ve been trying to help her, but it’s so hard to get through to her, isnt it?” he says.   Eileen is going in to see her now, but she is not allowed any visitors.
"There's a woman looking for her"
Mathew goes on, “There’s a woman looking for her – I’m not sure if Sioned has said anything about what’s going on.”   
"Yes, she was at Penrhewl as well"
Eileen has also had this woman, Kirsty, looking for her, and he explains, “I don’t want to go behind Sioned’s back, 
"I think Sioned's life is in danger!"
“but I think you should know I think her life is in danger!”
"No, it's all right – I'll have something here"
In the Deri, Izzy brings the peace offerings to her mother, and promises to cook a meal tonight.   “No, it’s all right – I’ll have something here,” Gaynor dismissively replies, 
"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"
but Izzy protests, “This is ridiculous – you can’t avoid me for ever.   How many times do I have to say that I’m sorry?”
"You're sorry you got caught!"
Gaynor doubts that she is sorry – just sorry that she got caught;  “I’m sorry for dragging you into it,” Izzy insists.
“But not sorry for the stealing?” her mother wonders;  Izzy maintains that technically, it was not stealing, because she paid it back.   
"Have you done this before?"
“Have you done this before?” her mother demands, and when this is denied, she adds, “Why this time, then?”
"Something came over me"
Izzy’s excuse is, “I saw an opportunity, and something came over me – I can’t explain it.   I wasn’t thinking straight at the time.”
"Hundreds of nice, respectable people . . ."
Gaynor remains unconvinced, and advises, “If you ever consider doing this again – there are hundreds of nice, respectable people like you, in nice, respectable jobs, who let ‘something come over them’, 
"Too naïve to believe they'll ever get caught"
“and they’re too naïve to believe they’ll ever get caught.   
"You wouldn't be able to handle prison!"
“You wouldn’t be able to handle prison, so I hope you mean what you say – for your sake, not mine!”
Jessie says she found the keys outside
Jessie comes into the shop and alleges she has just found the keys outside;  
"How did they get out there?"
Llinos cannot understand how they got out there.   Jessie says that she is always losing keys.
The antidote to the drugs has worked
Sioned is now speaking quite lucidly to her mother;  “I was dreaming about John,” 
"I'm going to make this up to you, Sioned"
and Eileen confesses that she is thinking about him all the time.   She is so sorry that this happened, and had no idea, but is determined to make it up to Sioned.   
"I'm going to see this Jessie , Kirsty, or whatever her name is"
Eileen promises, “I’m going to see this Jessie, Kirsty, whatever her name is, and tell her you’re not going to the police.   Once she hears that, she will leave us alone.   She’s bound to – she can’t kill everyone, can she?”
"No, Mam. I'm going to the police!"
Sioned reveals that has made up her mind – she is going to the police;  “I have to take responsibility for this!”  
"This is a chance for you to start again!"
Eileen is insistent that she should use this as a way of starting again, 
"It's time I did the right thing for once!"
but Sioned continues, “Ricky almost died because of me – it’s time I did the right thing for once.”
"The know where I live – and about Huwi!"
Her mother reminds her that these are people who seek revenge;  “They know where I live – and about Huwi!”
"I'm not going to let these people ruin anyone else's life!"
Sioned is determined, “I’m not going to let these people ruin anyone else’s life!” and her mother is very offended.
After closing time, Jessie is back
Jessie walks into the alley, after the shop is closed;  
She checks to make sure no-one is around . . .
making sure that no-one is watching, 
. . . and lets herself into the shop flat
she lets herself into the shop flat.