17 October 2019

Garry has a lot on his mind
Garry sits in the flat, thinking;  
Dani suddenly appears
he is shocked to suddenly see Dani walking in, and demands, “What are you doing here?”   
"I discharged myself"
She replies that she discharged herself, but he protests that she has just lost the baby.
“Yeah,” she says, “They suggested that I stayed there, but I just wanted to come home – there’s nothing else they can do.   I’ll continue to bleed, but I’d rather do that at home.”
"I'm sorry I've done this, Dan"
“I’m sorry I’ve done this,” Garry tells her, 
"It's my fault for believing your lies"
but Dani is quite convinced that this is her fault for running after him, and believing his lies when he said he had changed.   
"I knew what you were when I married you"
“I knew what you were when I married you – 
"So, yes, this is my fault!"
“so, yes, this is my fault!” she concludes;  
Garry is speechless
Garry is upset about this.
"Don't open the door – it might be Jessie!"
At Penrhewl, Eileen is very nervous when she hears a knock at the door, thinking that it might be Jessie, and warns Sioned not to open the door;  
"You're overreacting, Mam!"
Sioned reminds her of the police presence outside, and says she is overreacting.   
"Some gangster is wanting to kill us!"
“Overreacting?   I’ve got a baby upstairs, a police car outside, and some gangster wanting to kill us!” Eileen shouts.
"It's some flowers for you, from Jim"
Sioned finds that it is in fact a delivery of some flowers from Jim;  as Huwi begins to cry, 
"As if flowers solve anything!"
Eileen scathingly remarks, “As if flowers solve anything!”
Tesni tells Sara about Dylan
At the hospital, Tesni is updating Sara on Dylan’s condition;  “He’s sedated most of the time, but he did ask about you.”   
"Will he be OK?"
Sara wants to know if he will be OK, 
"They've stopped the internal bleeding"
and Tesni tells her that the internal bleeding was the most dangerous thing, but that is now sorted.
"Who have we got here?   Look, it's Mami!"
The door opens and Jason appears, with Ifan;  “Who have we got here, Ifan?   Look, it’s Mami!”   When Tesni says that she has been to see Uncle Dyl, 
"How is Dylan?"
Jason asks how he is, he is told that Dylan is getting better;  then Tesni thinks she had better leave, 
"Mrs Llywelyn will be after me!"
or Mrs Llywelyn will be after her;  
She knows something is not right here
she looks suspicious as she leaves.
"Have you come to see Mami instead of going to nursery?"
“Have you come to see Mami instead of going to nursery?” Sara asks Ifan, and Jason says he is missing her – and so is he; 
"People can't understand why you were in theatflat"
he informs her that people cannot understand why she was in that flat.   
"Dani left samples of material there"
Sara tells him that Dani left samples of materials in the flat, and wanted her to have a look at them;  
She begins to cry
as she begins to cry,   Jason assures her that it is all right.
"I'll have a cup, if you're making one"
Mark has just come into Maes-y-Deri, and is about to put the kettle on, when Ricky’s voice says, “I’ll have a cup, if you’re making one.”   
Mark does not even put down the kettle
His father is very pleased to see him and gives him a hug.   Ricky says he has been staying with a friend, but that is not important now.   Mark enlightens him that his mother is staying with Gwyneth, and makes it clear that she is not coming back there.   Ricky points out that he will not be staying;  
"I've just come back to say goodbye"
“I’ve just to come back to say goodbye.”   
This comes as a shock to his father
Mark looks shocked at the news.
Garry is still thinking
Out in the street, Garry stands, pondering, when Gwyneth approaches, 
Gwyneth has given back all the drugs . . . 
and advises him, “I’ve given their supplies back to them, and said I’m not doing it any more.”
“What do you want – a medal?” Garry snarls, but she continues that no matter what they do, 
. . . and has deleted the video from her phone
she is not going back there, adding that she has also deleted the film of him and Jessie.   
"It doesn't make any difference to me"
“It doesn’t make any difference to me,” he replies, and walks away.
"I don't blame you for not going to the police"
Mark gives Ricky some biscuits to go with with his tea;  “I don’t blame you, you know, for not going to the police,” says Ricky, 
"But you're still leaving home"
but Mark points out that he is still leaving home.   
"I'm not going far – to college!"
“I’m not going far – and I’ll be back every holiday – from College!” is Ricky’s reply, “I’ve been to see them, and due to my circumstances, I can join them later in the term.”   
Mark is amazed . . .
Mark is amazed to hear that he is going to college, and Ricky explains, “Thats why I can’t stay – I want to settle before starting lectures.”   
. . . and not a little emotional
Mark apologises that this news is making him rather emotional, and says he is very proud of Ricky, 
"Actually, I'm rather proud of myself"
who admits he is actually rather proud of himself.
Mark worries whether this will be too much for him, 
"I shall be in a good place, at a nursing college"
and he says that he will be in a good place, at a nursing college;  “All that sort of thing is arranged, and I’ll be fine.”
Mark emphasises that Ricky cannot come home with news like that and not have a celebration;  
Mark makes a call to his mother
he phones Kath, and tells her, “Mam, a big parcel has arrived for you – 
"Do you want to come and see what it is?"
“I thought you’d like to come and see what it is.”
Eileen does not know how she will cope
At Penrhewl, Eileen is working on the Cae Glas website and complains, “I don’t know how we’re going to complete all these orders!”   
"I know you blame me for all this"
Sioned knows that her mother blames her for all this, and she says that she is sorry, but is confident that they will catch Jessie before very long.   
"I was just trying to do the right thing . . ."
Eileen ask Sioned to check how much sugar they have, and she pleads that she is just trying to do the right thing;  
". . . to make up for the way I've been"
“To make up for the way I’ve been – the drugs – everything.   I lost the plot after Ed and Angela died!”
Her mother is unsympathetic;  “Oh, did you?   And how do you think I felt?   
"I do blame you for this – a hundred per cent!"
“I do blame you for all this – a hundred per cent!”   
Eileen breaks down in tears
As Sioned walks out of the room, her mother breaks down in tears.
Kath is informed of the developments
Kath has come home and is being told that Ricky has been able to register late;  now everything has been arranged.    Ricky tells her, “I wanted to apologise for making you worry over the last few days,” 
"It wasn't your fault, was it?"
but his Gran points out that it was not his fault.   
"Is there any lager here?"
“Right, I’ve got an hour before the train – is there any lager here?” he asks.   
Mark can go one better than that, as there is the bottle of champagne he bought for Debbie, and Kath maintains that they should not waste it.   
"Our little boy is going to college!"
She enthuses, “Our little boy is going to college!”
"I come bearing gifts"
Kelly arrives at the hospital, and tells Sara, “I come bearing gifts.”   
"Everything's such a mess, Kel!"
Sara is very happy to see her, remarking that everything is such a mess, but Kelly tells her to be grateful that she is still alive;  “That’s the important thing – we’ll sort everything out, no worries.   
"I've got massive sugar cravings!"
“Now, can I have one of these?   I’ve got massive sugar cravings!”
Unwrapping a chocolate, Kelly continues, “Are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?   You, Dylan, the salon until the early hours?   Although, compared to the fact that you could have died, it pales into insignificance.”
"All I've done today is cry"
Sara sighs, “All I’ve done today is cry,” 
"These are lush!"
and Kelly is finding the chocolates very enjoyable, as she asks what Sara has told Jason, 
"I haven't said anything"
and learns that she has said nothing.   Sara has not been to see Dylan, and is informed that he is in a bad way.
Kelly is really getting stuck into the chocolates
“I think seeing you would be like medicine for him,” Kelly suggests, but Sara does not want to make things worse between her and Jason.   
"I wasnt Jason  – and my family – back!"
She stresses that she wants him back, and she wants her family back.
"Hang on a minute, Sar!"
Kelly tells her to hang on a minute, 
"I realise how much I've got to lose"
but she goes on, “It’s made me realise how much I’ve got to lose – I’ve been so stupid, running around, having an affair!”   She is quite insistent that she wants Jason back, much to Kelly’s amazement, and comes to the conclusion, “I have to tell him the truth, don’t I?”
A quick game of darts before Ricky leaves
As they have a game of darts at Maes-y-Deri, Ricky says that he met a few more people on the course, and everyone seems really nice.   
"Our Ricky's going to be a nurse!"
Kath cannot get over the fact, “Our Ricky’s going to be a nurse!”   He agrees that it is strange, after everything that has happened, but to him it just feels right.
"We shall have to leave, boy!"
Then Mark looks at his watch and that says they will have to leave if Ricky is to catch his train.   Mark will drop off Kath at Penrhewl on the way to the station, 
Kath demands a cwtch
and she demands a cwtch from her grandson, reminding him that he is very special.   
Ricky leaves a note addressed to his mother
They leave the house, but first Ricky surreptitiously puts a note on the sideboard, addressed to his mother.
Dani is in a lot of pain
Dani is in some pain on the sofa, 
She goes to a kitchen cupboard . . .
so gets up and opens a kitchen cupboard to find a hot water bottle, 
. . . finding a teddy bear . . .
as well as a bag of baby things, which include a teddy bear and some tiny garments.   
. . . and an album, entitled, 'Baby Monk'
There is also a photo album, entitled ‘Babi Monk’;  
There are various evocative photos inside . . .
alongside one photo is written, “Today you were Elsa if a girl, and Deian if a boy.” 
. . . with captions . . .
Another reads, “Your mother is angry!” 
. . . eagerly anticipating the new baby
and a third, “Can’t wait for you to join the family.”
Dani clutches the teddy bear to herself . . .
She picks up the teddy bear with her bandaged hands and clutches it to herself,
. . . and weeps bitterly
as she weeps.
Kath arrives at Penrhewl 
Kath arrives at Penrhewl, and Eileen says she has been on tenterhooks this week;  “That’s why I’m on the wine.”   
This drugs business has hit both families
Kath does not blame her, and relates that this drugs business has hit her family as well – and not just Ricky.   
She reports that Ricky is ‘great’, and is now catching the train to go to college to do the nursing course.   
Who is that, creeping unnoticed to the front door?
We catch a glimpse of Sioned heading towards the front door as Eileen brings Kath a glass of wine.
"The police have to stay outside until they catch her"
“The police have to stay outside until they catch that woman!” snarls Eileen, and Kath has heard about Jessie;  “You’ve heard about her, have you?” says Eileen.
"We know the person who sold the drugs – Debbie!"
“I know too much, I’m afraid,” is Kath’s reply, “We know the person who sold the drugs around here – Debbie!”   
"Not Debbie?"
Eileen cannot believe it, but is assured, “Don’t worry – we’ve thrown her out!”
Dani curls up again on the sofa
Dani carries the teddy bear and hot water bottle back to the sofa, where she curls up, still obviously in pain, and Garry comes into the room.   
"I think it would be better if I stayed with Britt"
He asks if she is OK, and says, “I think it would be better for you if I stayed with Britt.”
"No!"
She screams, “No!” 
"It hurts, Garry!"
and tells him that it hurts;   she cries bitterly.
"I don't get any support from Jim"
“The thing is, I don’t get any support from Jim,” explains Eileen, “So I don’t have the energy to take care of Sioned as well.”   
"We never stop worrying about our children, do we?"
Kath sympathises, that they never stop worrying about their children.   Then they hear Huwi crying upstairs, 
"Sioned, go and check on Huwi!"
and Eileen shouts to Sioned to go and attend to him, but of course receives no reply.   
Kath cannot resist some more wine
She goes upstairs, while Kath pours herself more wine, but cannot find Sioned.
"Sioned's not here!"
“Sioned’s not here – I’m going to tell the police!” she exclaims, 
"I'll deal with Huwi"
and Kath will go and deal with Huwi, as she knows where everything is.
"Scones and Welsh cakes"
Dai opens the front door of Bryntirion, and Kelly comes visiting.   “I can’t stay long – I’ve brought you scones and Welsh cakes.”
"Is there a sell-by date on them?"
Dai cynically suspects, “Leftovers from the café, are they?   Is there a sell-by date on them?”   
"Sara was better than I expected"
Kelly tells Jason that she went to see Sara earlier;  “She was better than I expected.”   Jason agrees that it could have been much worse;  “Yes, tell me about it!” she continues, 
"I had a real close shave that night"
“I know this sounds really selfish, but I can’t stop thinking how much of a close shave I had that night.”
"What do you mean?"
Jason is puzzled, so she explains, 
"I was with them, but I went home early"
“Because I was with them, but I went home early because I was tired.”   
Dai looks rather doubtful as she goes on, “Sara asked me to help her pick curtains and stuff – Dylan had the key, so, armed with a few bottles of vino, we all went over there.”
"Good at interior design, is he?"
“Is Dylan good at interior design, then?” Dai demands, sarcastically, and Kelly points out that he is amazing at drinking wine – so he was ‘smashed’.   
"Dylan KO'd on the sofa – didn't Sara tell you?"
“Obviously I wasn’t drinking, she goes on, “Sara was moderate – but Dylan was like he was on day release, like, and then he KO’d on the sofa – didn’t Sara tell you?”
Jason looks rather doubtful
Jason is not too sure about this, as Kelly elaborates, 
"There he was, snoring for Wales!"
“There he was, snoring for Wales – we couldn’t wake him.   I was worried because I didn’t want him being sick on the sofa!”
"So Sara stayed to look after him?"
Jason assumes that Sara stayed to look after him, and Kelly confirms, “Yes, fair play, like, Jase – what else was she supposed to do?   People can die in their sleep like that!   Don’t worry – she’s coming home tomorrow!”
Jason hopes that Kelly has nursing experience, as it could be a few weeks, 
"She said she intended to come back here – seriously"
but she stops him, “Whoa!   Hang on!   I think that’s your bag now – she said she intended to come back here – seriously!”
Jason is now optimistic . . .
She leaves, hoping they enjoy the Welsh cakes, and Jason looks extremely pleased, 
. . . which is more than can be said for Dai
but Dai appears dismissive of the whole thing.
Eileen finds herself looking down the barrel of Jessie's gun 
In search of Sioned, Eileen arrives at the shop flat, still calling for Sioned, and is confronted by Jessie, who points the gun directly at her;  she has apparently sneaked in without being detected by the Dyfed Powys Police.
"Where is she?"
“Where is she?” Jessie demands, and Eileen utters not a word.