16 October 2019 (1st)

"Tuna Salad, please, Garry"
Anita is at the bar of the Deri, and asks Garry for a tuna salad;  “Siôn too ashamed to show his face, is he?” wonders Garry, “After that fiasco with the mackerel thing – I can still smell it, you know.   It was on my clothes, my hair – everything!”
"No, the evening was not as successful as he hoped"
She admits that the ‘Scandi Noir’ evening was not as successful as he hoped.   
"Where's your 'special adviser' then, Hywel?"
Hywel comes in for a pint, and Anita wants to know where his ‘special adviser’ is;  “Lisa – I haven’t seen her for a couple of days.”   He replies that he is not seeing her any more, and she comments that some things do not work out, 
"At least you didn't have a Porsche she could steal this time!"
adding, “At least you didn’t have a Porsche she could steal this time!”
"Thanks for your sympathy"
Hywel sarcastically thanks her for the sympathy, 
This amuses Garry
and Garry smirks, but she points out that it is all water under the bridge;  she does have a couple of good ideas for this Anti-Drugs campaign in the village.
Garry is interested to know what happened with Lisa, 
"You wouldn't believe me if  I told you"
but Hywel groans, “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, mate!”
"You can take him to Gwyneth's now"
Dani comes in and informs Garry, “Gwern’s had his food now, so you can take him over to Gwyneth’s.   He’s looking forward to it, OK?”   
Garry is not happy
Garry does not look very happy about this.
"Buenos Aires is an exciting place!"
At number 7, Tyler is still going on about this job;  “Buenos Aires is an exciting place – you’d get a job easily!”   
"I have no reason to go"
Iolo points out that he has no reason to go, leaving his family, friends and a great life here;  he demands what is the point.   
"The interview is in Cardiff"
Tyler simply tells him, “The interview is in Cardiff – I’ll text you when I get there.
Iolo emphasises, “This is our home, Ty!   It will be easier to sort things out with the school . . .”   
"I'm not going back to that school!"
Tyler’s mind is made up that he is not going back to that school.   
"All right, then – another school!"
“All right – another school, then!” exclaims Iolo, “We’ll work something out,” but he is told that has been tried.
"You haven't tried at all!"
“You haven’t tried at all!” Iolo shouts, “You’ve put one extreme option on the table, and that’s it!   You won’t consider anything else!”   
In return, Tyler roars, “You won’t consider what I want either!”
"Don't bother coming back – you might as well go now!"
As he walks towards the door, Iolo tells him not to bother coming back;  “If you’re determined to go and live on the other side of the world, you might as well go now!”   Tyler walks out of the door.
"How was the Tapas?"
Sioned is in the shop when Dylan comes in, and asks her how the Tapas was;  
"The woman has run away"
she tells him, “The woman I talked to the police about has run away.”   He acts surprised on hearing that, as she continues, “They say she’s miles away!” which he regards as a good thing.
Dylan can fix her up with protection
He knows a couple of boys who he has used as bouncers, and he trusts them 100%;  he could arrange for them to act as protection for her, 
"I'm trying not to worry"
but she refuses the offer, maintaining that she is trying not to worry.   
Dylan gives her a peculiar look
As she takes her purchases to the counter, Dylan looks at her.
"You were meant to bring him over!"
Gwyneth arrives once more at the Deri flat, and demands, “Where’s Gwern?   You were meant to bring him over!”   
"I changed my mind, Gwyneth!'
Garry replies that he changed his mind;  he says Dani thought it was good for Gwern to spend time with his mother, but he does not agree.
"I should have let Jessie deal with you!"
He snarls, “I think Gwern would be better off if his mother disappeared – I regret giving those drugs back to you!   I should have let Jessie deal with you in her own way.”
"I wasn't going to do this"
Gwyneth gets out her phone, remarking, “I wasn’t going to do this, but you’ve left me no choice.”   
Video footage of Garry handing over the money
She shows him the video where he is handing over the money to Jessie;  “I was hoping I would not have to use it – you, talking to Jessie, paying her the money to get Gwern back, while his mother sat in the car, fearing for her life, 
"Garry Monk put our son in a dangerous situation!"
“because Garry Monk had put their son in such a dangerous situation!”
"Yo've got half an hour to bring Gwern to the house"
He makes a grab for the phone, but she warns him, “You’ve got half an hour to bring Gwern to the house, or I’ll go to the police!”   
Garry's temper is increasing
Garry is furious as she leaves, then he, too, rushes out of the flat.
He follows Gwyneth across the road . . .
He follows her across the road,
. . . and past the bus stop
and past the bus stop;  
"Dad?   Dani?"
meanwhile Gwern is looking for his father and Dani, but as he cannot find them, 
He has to make do with Asda crisps
he helps himself to a packet of Asda crisps and sits down in front of the television.
Garry chases her round the salon . . .
Garry follows Gwyneth into the salon, demanding that she deletes the video, but she refuses;  “Not until I see Gwern!” she rages.   Garry completely loses his temper, 
. . . then proceeds to wreck the place
and begins to wreck the salon.   He throws over shelving units, sweeps all the bottles off the counter, 
A well-aimed kick . . .
and finally kicks over the wash-basin 
. . . smashes the basin
used for shampooing clients’ hair.
"Look at yourself – you're pathetic!"
Gwyneth taunts him;  “Pathetic!   Look at yourself – you’ve just wrecked your own salon – pathetic!   Have you finished yet?”   He pushes a few things off the desk, 
He raises the till above his head . . .
then picks up the till and throws it across the room, 
. . . and demolishes the mirror with it
smashing a mirror.
"I'll destroy you!"
“I’ll destroy you!” he vows, “Gwern will be safer without you!”   Gwyneth forecasts that the child will turn out like Garry – 
"A little boy growing up, thinking no-one loves him!"
a little boy growing up, thinking no-one loves him.   He follows her into the back room, 
He is threatened with hairdressers' scissors
where she threatens him with a pair of scissors.
He warns her not to be stupid, but she says she would do anything for Gwern;  
"Come any closer and I'll kill you!"
“Come any closer and I’ll kill you!”
"Like you killed my brother, is it?"
“Like you killed my brother, is it?” demands Garry, 
"What are you doing?"
and at that moment, they become aware of Gwern, who has come in through the back door and asks what they are doing.   
"Gwern?"
They stare at him in disbelief, and he runs away, with them in hot pursuit.
The floor is covered with debris . . .
We see the shattered remains of the basin and mirror on the floor;  
. . . and the gas pipe is fractured
there is a hissing noise, which we discover is coming from a fractured gas pipe.
Dylan brings cups of tea
In the Tapas office, Dylan brings Sara a cup of tea;  she is looking at samples of various fabrics for the salon flat redecoration, and cannot decide.   
"I thought you enjoyed this interior design business"
“I thought you enjoyed this interior design business,” he comments, and she admits that she does usually, 
"There's a lot going on in my head"
but at the moment there is a lot going on in her head.
"After we finish work, we'll go over to the flat . . ."
“Right, after we finish work, we’ll go to the flat, and we’ll design everything exactly as you want it,” he informs her, but she does not think that is a good idea.
". . . I didn't return the key after viewing it"
“I’ve got a key – I didn’t return it after the viewing, he says, “It’s up to you – but I’m free after seven.”
Dani returns home . . .
Dani returns home from her shopping expedition, 
. . . and finds Gwerrn looking at her
and is very disturbed to find that Gwern is there alone.   He looks troubled, so she goes to see what is the matter;  
"Mam tried to kill Dad!"
“Mam tried to kill Dad,” he tells her, 
Dani cannot believe it
and she is very shocked.
"I thought you were staying at Penrhewl"
When DJ appears at the shop flat, he thought Sioned was staying at Penrhewl, but she says she changed her mind;  he begs her to let him stay there with her.   She continues to insist that she is fine,
"I don't like the idea of you being here on your own"
and he replies, “I’m not – I don’t like thinking of you here on your own.”
Sioned says the place is secure
She appreciates his concern but stresses that there is no need;  “There’s a deadlock on the door and locks on the windows – I don’t want to feel like a victim. Anyway, DI Davies said this woman’s in France.”
"I'm walking you home from the Deri later"
DJ is adamant that he will be walking her home from the Deri later, and will check everything before he goes.   They leave the flat.
Garry is still in a furious mood
Garry is pacing up and down in the Deri flat, 
"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what happened"
and Dani informs him that Gwern still does not want to see him;  “You’re not going anywhere until you tell me what happened,” she insists, “Gwern said that Gwyneth was trying to kill you!   He’s had a shock, but he’s OK.   Was she threatening you with a pair of scissors?   Why were you in the salon, anyway?”
"Gwyneth tried to blackmail me . . ."
“Gwyneth tried to blackmail me,” Garry explains, “She recorded me paying Jessie to get Gwern back, and threatened to take it to the police – 
". . . because I refused to let her see Gwern"
“because I refused to let her see Gwern.”
"We agreed, Garry"
Dani is puzzled;  “She was allowed to see him – you took him over there yesterday – we agreed.”   
"No – you agreed, not me!"
Garry points out that the woman is poison, and that Dani agreed, not him.   He insists that she is ruining his life.
"But until we find a better idea . . ."
“But until we find a better idea . . .” Dani begins;  however, he maintains that she should never have given in to Gwyneth.   
"You're not blaming me for this, Garry!"
Dani will not take the blame for this, but he emphasises that she is allowing Gwyneth to carry on with her dirty little business and get everything she wants. “If you hadn’t gone behind my back . . .” he shouts, 
"Get a bit of perspective, Garry!"
but she urges him to get some perspective, reminding him that his son has just seen them trying to kill each other.   
"You sort it out, then – as you're always right!"
“Well, you sort it out, then – as you’re always right!” he snarls, and storms out of the flat.
The inaugural Anti-Drugs Campaign meeting begins
In the Deri, the first meeting of the Anti-Drugs Campaign begins;  “It’s short notice because of what happened to Jamie Fenchurch, and we want to keep the momentum going,” says Hywel.   
"The strategy links the police, schools and the community"
Anita goes on that they have put a strategy together which links the police, the schools and the community.
She has asked DI Davies to come and speak to them, but Hywel remarks that she cannot come;  
The police have not made a very thorough search for Jessie
nearby, their meeting is being monitored by none other than Jessie, whom no-one seems to have noticed.   
"We have to work with the schools"
“We have to work with the schools,” Hywel points out, and wonders if Guto would like to say something about this, 
"I didn't really know her"
but he did not really know the girl.
Anita wants to know if there are a lot of drugs at the school, but he can only confirm that he has not taken them, or any of his friends.   
Sioned volunteers to talk about her experience . . .
Sioned volunteers to talk about her experience;  “As you know, I almost died a few days ago because of drugs – I turned to drugs because I wanted to be off my head and forget about everything.”
. . . and Jessie listens in
Jessie is still listening, as Sioned advises that it is so easy to get hold of them;  “But easier still for them to get a hold on me – 
Sioned is willing to speak to schools
“it was the worst decision I’ve ever made in my life!   I’m happy to go into schools, wherever you want me to go – I’ve got nothing to hide – 
"It might save someone's life"
“and it might save someone’s life.”
Jessie is looking quite pleased with herself
Jessie takes another sip of wine, and smiles.
So Tyler has an Audi
Out in the street, Tyler’s car pulls up outside number 7, 
He drives away again
but after a few seconds’ thought, he drives away again.
Obviously 'finger-licking-good'
Up in the salon flat, Dylan and Sara have enjoyed their meal;  he comments that Jaclyn has always been a good cook, but maintains that he is pretty good at it too, and next time might cook something for Sara.
Dylan boasts of his Vietnamese cooking prowess
He explains, “I had two days’ training at a Vietnamese café – it was years ago, and I was seeing a ‘performance artiste’, but she worked in a bar most of the time.   This was in London – she was a bit cool, a bit bohemian, and I wanted to impress her.”
"Was she impressed?"
Sara enquires whether she was impressed, and he groans that all she did was smoke and drink diet pop.   “I definitely want to impress you!” he assures Sara, “I want you to like me – 
He wants to take her to the south of France
“so it might be French food in a little restaurant in the south of France, overlooking the coast.”
She comments that it would be nice, and he suggests, “We could try to make it happen,” 
"I feel guilty enough already"
but she does not want to talk about it now, as she feels guilty enough going to the flat, never mind going to the south of France.  
They abandon talking
Dylan proposes, in that case, they stop talking, and they start kissing instead.
In the early hours . . .
In the Deri flat, where we see it is 04:30, Dani comes into the kitchen, unable to sleep;  
. . . Dani gets herself a drink
and she gets a drink of water and thinks.   
She looks out of the window
Then she looks out of the window and makes a phone call, leaving a message for Garry;  “Come home – we need to sort this out.   
"I can see the light in the salon flat"
“I can see the light on in the salon flat – if you don’t come back, I’m coming to get you.   We want the same thing – it’s silly to fall out because of Gwyneth.    So please, come home – I love you.”
Sioned also gets some water . . .
In the shop flat, Sioned is very scared when she gets up for a drink of water, and sees that Jessie is waiting for her.   
. . . and is aghast to see Jessie - with a gun
“Couldn’t sleep?” she says, and, brandishing a gun, adds, “Don’t panic - we’re going for a little walk.”
She says she is adept at fooling the police
Sioned had been under the impression that Jessie was in France, but is told, “We have ways of making the police believe whatever we want.”
Garry is kipping in the garage
Garry is in fact sleeping at the garage, and the sound of his phone wakes him;  
He sees there is a message from Dani
he plays the message which Dani left, imploring him to come home, 
. . . and hears about the light in the salon flat
and mentioning that she can see the light on in the salon flat.   
"Come on – I haven't got all night!"
Jessie irritably instructs Sioned that she does not have all night;  
"If you're going to kill me, you can do it here"
Sioned  resolutely refuses to go anywhere;  “If you’re going to kill me, you can do it here, so that the police know that you did it!” she says.   
"You have a point, I suppose"
Jessie follows her reasoning, 
"I'll go to Penrhewl to see your mother – and your little brother . . ."
and instead suggests, “I tie you up here, so that you can’t move, and then I go to Penrhewl to see your mother and your little brother.   What’s his name again?   
". . . what's his name?   Yes – Huwi – a nice Welsh name!"
“Huwi – a nice Welsh name.   It’s up to you.   Are we going, then?”
Sioned has to acquiesce to her demands, 
"Don't try anything stupid"
and is reminded not to try anything stupid as they leave the flat.
Dani leaves the Deri
Dani emerges from the door of the Deri, 
Sara and Dylan are getting down to the serious stuff
while Dylan and Sara are becoming increasingly passionate;  
Jessie and Sioned make their way out of the alley . . .
Jessie and Sioned are now outside in the alley.
. . . but appear to have been spotted by Tyler
Tyler is sitting in his car;  
As Dani switches on the light . . .
Dani enters the salon, switches on the light, 
. . . a gas explosion occurs
and ignites the buildup of gas, causing a violent explosion, which echoes throughout Cwmderi, and a fireball erupts from the salon.   
A blood-covered hand amidst the debris of the explosion
In the silence following the explosion, as a car alarm can be heard sounding, we see a blood-covered hand in the darkness.