23 October 2019 (2nd)

Jason watches as Dylan returns home
A Deri Deithio taxi pulls up outside number 10, 
He is helped into the house . . .
and Dylan is helped to alight from it;  
. . . and Jason has a determined look
Jason, who is wearing a very serious expression, is watching from outside Cwm Delhi.
"Clear this stuff and make room for Uncle Dyl!"
Inside, Jaclyn wants the others to clear all the stuff off the sofa to make room for Uncle Dyl.   
"You look terrible!"
“You look terrible!” Brenda tells him, and Jaclyn reminds them all that he is ill.   
"I dpn't want your germs near Dylan"
When Gerwyn comes in, he is told to go upstairs and have a shower, as Jaclyn does not want his germs near Dylan.
Brenda does not like this arrangement
She has decided that Dylan can have Brenda’s room, and Brenda can sleep on the blow-up bed in Tesni’s room, an arrangement which does not go down particularly well.   
"You need someone to look after you"
“You need someone to look after you – you won’t get that anywhere else,” Jaclyn fusses over her brother.
Hywel is discussing something
In the Deri, Hywel is chatting at the bar, and Dai comments, “Good grief!   He’s only been on the council for five minutes, 
"He's worse than Stalin!"
“and he’s acting like he’s in charge of the whole place already!   He’s worse than Stalin!   
"Why haven't I been invited?"
“Tell me, Diane, why have you been invited to this Anti-Drugs Strategy Committee and I haven’t?”
"Probably because I'm a councillor"
Diane suggests that it may be because she is a Councillor, but he insists that it is nothing to do with the council;  
"It's just a gang of do-gooders!"
“It’s just a gang of do-gooders trying to get the better of a gang of drug pushers!   And another thing – why is it being held in Gaynor’s house, and not in our house?   
"We're not good enough for the Cwmderi elite!"
“I’ll tell you why – we’re not good enough for the Cwmderi elite – they always stick together!”
Jason joins them
As Jason joins them at their table, Diane points out that this drugs business needs to be sorted out quickly;  “So drink your pint and stop moaning!” she instructs Dai.
"Have you heard what caused the explosion?"
At the bar, Hywel wonders if they know what caused the explosion, 
"We should leave them to get on with their work"
but Garry evasively replies that he has not heard anything.   Hywel says he has been making enquiries, but has not had much luck;  when Garry remarks that they should be left to get on with their job, 
"Garry Monk sticking up for the authorities?"
Hywel thinks it strange that Garry Monk is sticking up for the authorities.
"Bottle of Shiraz, please, Garry"
DJ comes to the bar, and Mark offers to buy him a drink, but he says that he is not staying.   He asks Garry for a bottle of Shiraz, and explains that he is going over to have dinner with Sioned;  “And before you say anything stupid, Mathew and Rhys will be there, too.”   
He pays with his contactless card
He pays contactlessly, and leaves the Deri.
Hywel groans, “If the meeting’s as bad as last week’s, I think I’ll join him,” but Garry has a feeling things will be quieter now.   
"I don't think we need to be too worried"
Mark also considers that they have no reason to be too worried.
“What worries me is that this dealer’s recruited local people – and they’re still here!” protests Hywel, 
"I've got a responsibility to protect this area"
“I’ve got a responsibility to protect this area, unlike you.”   Garry makes it clear that is what they all want, and Mark concurs with this.
Dylan is dozing
At number 10, Dylan is dozing on the sofa when Jaclyn asks if he wants some soup, 
'I'm not hungry at the moment, Jac"
but he is not hungry at the moment;  
"I've made enough soup for us all"
“I’ve made enough for everyone,” she announces.   Brenda does not relish the thought of soup for dinner, and Dylan apologises for being there, causing this inconvenience.   
"I've got to share a room with Tesni!"
Brenda is in full agreement, complaining that she has to share a room with Tesni.
"Uncle Dyl is worth it"
Tesni is not exactly thrilled about the arrangement either, but maintains that her uncle is worth it.   When Gerwyn returns from his shower, his  mother warns, “I hope you’re not too hungry – we’re having soup for dinner!”   She is told by Jaclyn that she is quite welcome to cook something, 

and Gerwyn will go and get some chips for himself and his mother.   
Tesni suggest that he could get a curry instead, but is told they cannot afford that;  Guto will settle for pie and beans.   
"I'll come and help you carry it, Ger"
Brenda says that she will accompany Gerwyn, to help him carry it;  he knows that she actually means she wants him to buy her a drink in the Deri.
"I'm one of the most successful businessmen in the area"
Dai goes on blowing his own trumpet;  “I’m one of the most successful businessmen in the area – and then there’s the rugby club as well!   If we want to tackle this drugs business, we need someone who speaks the same language as the young people.   
"I know the young boys better than anyone"
“I know the young boys in the village better than anyone.”
Jason remains silent
Jason has not said anything, and his mother remarks that he is very quiet;  he gives the excuse that Ifan was restless last night.   
"You're coming with me, Dai!"
Dai resents being interrupted, and is about to continue his tirade when Diane informs him that he will be coming with her;  “Otherwise you won’t stop moaning!”   Jason says he does not want anything else to drink.
"Everyone's got their problems, Mark"
Garry tells Mark, “I’m not going to interfere, but everyone’s got their problems – whoever tells you different is either lying or fooling themselves.”   
"How is Dylan?"
Brenda comes in just as Dai and Diane are leaving, and she is asked how Dylan is recovering.
“Well, he’s well enough to be home with us for a while,” she replies, unenthusiastically, “He looks terrible – like a dog that’s been beaten!   Mind you, he’s lucky to be alive!   Typical Dylan – Sara and Kelly were having a little party – and he sticks his nose in!   Any chance to enjoy himself!”
This information interests Diane
Diane is finding this quite revealing, 
"He can[t be trusted, especially when it comes to women!"
as Brenda goes on, “Don’t get me wrong, he’s all charm – but he can’t be trusted – especially when it comes to women!   Sorry to disappoint you – you’ve taken a fancy to him, have you?”   
"Don't be stupid!"
Diane is quite affronted, and walks out of the pub.
"I don't know where Diane is"
At Llwyncelyn, Hywel is complaining that he does not know where Diane is, although she was at the Deri earlier.   Gaynor tells him that he can sit down, but he remarks it is not his house any more.   
"And whose fault is that?"
“Whose fault is that?” she replies, father pointedly, “Izzy won’t be very long – she’s busy at the moment – taking her duties very seriously.   
"There's a vacancy on Yr Antur's board"
“Have you heard?   There’s an empty space on Yr Antur’s board – how about it?   You’ve got a lot of experience – any organisation would be lucky to have you.”   
"I have enough on my plate already"
He says that he has enough on his plate already.
"I haven't eaten anything all afternoon"
Izzy rushes in and has to make herself a sandwich, even though the meeting is due to start;  “I haven’t eaten all afternoon and I’m starving!” she exclaims, 
"If you want sensible answers, I need food"
“If you want sensible answers at this meeting, I need food.”   
"She's very conscientious . . ."
Hywel comments that she is very conscientious, 
". . . exactly like her mother"
just like her mother.
"It's not as good as DJ''s cooking"
At the shop flat, the four of them are enjoying their meal, although Sioned maintains it is not as good as DJ’s cooking.   She tells Rhys, “It’s just as well I made plenty, even for someone who eats as much as you!”   
"Why are we all here, Sioned?"
Mathew wonders why they are all here, and she says she does not need a reason to have friends round;  he is convinced that she wants something.
“We all know you well enough,” he goes on, “Come on, what is it?”   
"Sorry, I think I've gone too far"
Then he realises that it is something serious, and apologises for going too far.
"Jessie tried to kill me!"
She announces, “Jessie tried to kill me!” 
They find this a shock
and they all look stunned;  
"Because I went to the police about her"
“Because I went to the police about her – I wouldn’t make it up.   She had a gun – it was minutes before the explosion, but I managed to escape!”
Mathew feels responsible
Mathew feels terrible, as he had offered not to go away and stay to keep her company, 
"She was about to shoot me"
and is even more shocked when she tells him, “It’s a good job you didn’t, because she came back.   She broke in, threatened Mam and forced me to drive her out of Cwmderi.   She was about to shoot me, but the police turned up!”
There is silence around the table
None of them know what to say, and cannot imagine how she felt, 
"You're safe now, Sioned"
but Rhys assures her that now she is safe, and that is what is important.   
"The police haven't caught her"
Sioned stresses, “The police haven’t caught her – they don’t know where she is – or who’s likely to get hurt next.”   They wonder if they are all in danger.
Dai discloses that they had to call at APD on their way
When Dai and Diane finally arrive at Llwyncelyn, Dai remarks, “We would have been here earlier, but Diane insisted on stopping at APD for a pee.”   Hywel does not remember inviting Dai to the meeting, 
"Look here, Pharoah!"
so he says, “Look here, Pharoah – there’s no closed shop when the whole community is suffering!”   
"I represent Antur Iaith"
Izzy informs him that she is the representative of Antur Iaith, and she works with young people every day.
"Here's the agenda, Dai, on my phone"
Dai complains that there is no written agenda for the meeting, but is told that it is informal.   “Can we start now – or we’ll be here all night!” growls Hywel.
"If she shows her face round here again, look out!"
The atmosphere in the shop flat has changed;  “If she shows her face around here again, look out!” warns DJ, but Sioned does not want them to put themselves in danger because of her.
"She could be out there, watching us now!"
Mathew considers it a bit late now;  “She could be out there, watching us now!   Why didn’t you tell us sooner?   What if she comes back?”   Rhys tells him to cool it, 
"I'm really sorry!"
and Sioned says that she is really sorry.   “It’s a bit late to say that, don’t you think?” Mathew snarls.   She gets up and escapes to her bedroom.
"Did you have to?   After all she's been through?"
“Did you have to?   After all she’s been through?” rages DJ, and Mathew thinks they should both go, 
They leave, as requested
which they do without a further word.
"You haven't touched your soup, Dyl"
At number 10, Jaclyn finds that Dylan has not touched his soup, and Guto decides to do the rest of his homework upstairs;  
"You swot!"
Tesni calls him, “A swot!”   
"You could always help clearing up"
When her mother suggests she could help with the clearing up, Tesni suddenly remembers that she ought to do some homework as well.   
Dylan has something – or someone – on his mind
Dylan is silently staring into space.
"You're still angry with me"
When Sioned returns from her room, she finds that the others have gone, and that Mathew is still angry with her;  “You could have told me everything sooner,” he grumbles, 
"I was frightened, Math!"
but she points out that she was frightened.
He can see that she is about to burst into tears, 
"Things like this aren't supposed to happen"
and tries to comfort her, saying, “Things like this aren’t supposed to happen, especially in a small village like this.”   She regrets everything so much – she has put him and the people closest to her in danger.
He calls her an idiot;  “And you have made a huge mistake – but we’re still friends!   
"It's my place to make sure you're safe"
“As your friend, it’s my place to make sure you’re safe here.   
He will fit new locks on the doors
So tomorrow morning, I’ll go to APD, and put new locks on the door and a new bolt.”   
"Thank you, Math"
Sioned is very grateful to him, 


Mathew hugs Sioned 
and he hugs her.
"We could hold workshops for the children"
At the meeting, Izzy suggests that they could hold workshops for the children and create information packs for the parents;  Gaynor adds that they could co-ordinate it with an awareness campaign in the school.
Dai proposes rugby club vigilantes
Dai has in mind another approach;  “Look, what we need to do here is to get a gang of the rugby boys to patrol the streets like vigilantes!”   Diane would not be comfortable with that, but he points out that it worked for Bruce Willis;  “It’s better than ‘raising awareness’!”
"Nobody's listened to a word I've said!"
Gaynor concedes that everyone is entitled to their opinion;  “Except for me, apparently,” Dai complains, “Nobody’s listened to a word I’ve said all night!   I don’t know what I’m doing here!”
"For once I agree with you, Dai"
Hywel remarks that for once he agrees with Dai, 
"I'm not going to waste my time with Cwmderi's Twitterati!"
so Dai puts on his coat, raging that he is not going to waste his time listening to Cwmderi’s Twitterati preaching;  “I’m going – I want some chips!   What do you want, Diane – rissole or fish?”
"I'll make sure he stays at home next time"
As she follows him, Diane tells them she will make sure he stays at home next time.   
"If there is a next time!"
Hywel wonders if there will be a next time;  “I don’t know what we are accomplishing here,” he sighs, “I’m not sure I’m the right bloke to lead the whole thing, anyway.”
"You're very good at . . . persevering"
Gaynor tries to encourage him;  “You’re very good at . . . persevering,” 
"You mean I'm stubborn"
and he suspects that she is saying he is stubborn.   “And that is why you’d be great on Yr Antur’s board.”   He finds it unusual to be given praise by her, and she urges him not to give up yet – 
"Don't let an idiot like Dai get the better of you"
and not to let an idiot like Dai get the better of him.
In the Deri, Jason asks Garry for another pint, 
"There's no room to turn round at home"
and Gerwyn is moaning to Mark that there is no room to turn round at home;  “Not with Dylan recuperating.   I don’t know why he has to stay with us – he’s got plenty of  money.   No – I do know – Jaclyn!   She insisted, 
"Dylan can twist any woman round his little finger"
and Dylan can twist any woman he wants round his little finger.
Jason has been listening carefully to this, and just as Garry has filled his glass, he decides he no longer wants it, and leaves the pub.
"I suppose you know we've separated?"
“I suppose you know that Debbie and I have separated?” Mark says to Gerwyn, and he admits that he had heard something, but did not want to mention it.   
"I don't know what I would do without Jaclyn"
He does not know what he would do without Jaclyn, and will buy Mark a pint.
Brenda is in a hurry to get some food
Brenda comes to the bar, complaining that if she does not eat something in the next ten minutes, she will faint;  Gerwyn apologises, and will buy Mark that pint another time.
"I wanted to thank him for saving Sara's life"
There is a knock at the door of number 10, and Jaclyn finds that it is Jason, who would like a word with Dylan.   “I just wanted to thank him for saving Sara’s life,” he says, and Jaclyn leaves them to talk.
"How are you?"
“How are you?” asks Jason, 
"I've been worse"
and Dylan replies that he has been worse.   
"Stay away from my wife!"
Jason comes straight to the point, “Stay away from my wife!   I saw you, all right?   In the hospital!”
"She's chosen you, Dylan"
Dylan replies, “She’s chosen you!” 
"She's a very special woman!"
and as Jason heads for the door, he adds, Take care of her – she’s a very special woman!”   
Jason is tempted to take a 'pop' at him . . .
Jason approaches him again, and looks as if he might be considering hitting Dylan, 
. . . but manages to control himself
but instead turns and leaves the house.