15 October 2019

Dani has grandiose plans for the salon
In the Deri flat, Dani is explaining her idea to Garry;  “It’s an Eco-Hub – you know, a lot of eco-friendly businesses in the same building.   That’s what I want to do with the salon and the flat.”   
"How about Jason and Sara?"
He wonders how that will affect Jason and Sara, but she points out, “I’m talking about the long term, in around two years.   We can keep the salon and have a vegan café out the back.”
Garry remarks that Kelly will not be chuffed about that, but she insists that it will only be tiny, and goes on to describe a studio upstairs for treatments and suchlike.
Here comes trouble
Then Gwyneth walks in, announcing that she wants to take Gwern to school;  
"You've got a cheek, haven't you?"
“You’ve got a cheek, haven’t you?” replies Garry.   
Gwern has heard his mother's voice
Gwern has heard his mother’s voice and comes in to greet her.   
"That's not going to happen!"
When she suggests to him that she will take him to school, Garry is quick to object, “That’s not going to happen!” 
Dani removes Gwern from the firing line
so Dani takes Gwern back to his room, ostensibly to look at his homework.
"I'm not going to stop seeing my son!"
“I’m not going to stop seeing my son!” snarls Gwyneth, 
"Well, stop working for those people, then!"
so Garry tells her to stop working for those people, and then they can come to some sort of arrangement.   “I’ve lost my business because of you!” she moans, “I have to make a living somehow!”
"You've had plenty of notice"
“You’ve had plenty of notice – you can start again – thousands of people do it,” he growls, and Gwyneth whines that Gwern will be perfectly safe with her.   
"Get stuffed, Garry!"
He just wants to get rid of her, and, as she leaves the flat, she barks at him, “Get stuffed!”
"There's something wrong with Gwern"
When she has gone, Dani informs Garry that Gwern is not himself and  something is wrong with him.   
"The only thing wrong with my son is his mother!"
Garry answers, “The only thing wrong with my son is his mother!”
Ricky has a back problem
As Ricky gets something out of the fridge, he feels a twinge in his back, and Mark fusses over him;  “I’m fine – just leave me alone,” says Ricky, 
Then they both get a shock
then they hear the back door open, and Debbie comes in.
She is immediately told to get out by Ricky, 
"Mam would have a heart attack if she found you here!'
and Mark considers that a good idea, pointing out that his mother would have a heart attack if she saw Debbie there.   
"This is my home!"
She protests, “This is my home,” but is reminded that they packed her suitcase and threw her out.
"I'm part of this family!"
“Why are you being so hard?   I’m part of this family, no matter what,” she insists, “I made bad decisions, but I made them for the right reasons.”   
"All right – do the right thing and tell the police eveerything"
Ricky suggest that she does the right thing now, and tell the police everything.
"You'd better start planning my funeral!"
“All right – but you’ll have to start planning my funeral, because I won’t let them hurt you – so they’ll come after me first!” she says, and it has the desired effect on Mark, because he thinks Ricky is being too hard on her.   However, he will not change his opinion, and Debbie leaves again.
Mathew clears up after breakfast
In the shop flat, Mathew is just putting away the packet of Cheerios when he hears someone coming upstairs and is pleased to see that it is Sioned;  
He welcomes Sioned back to the flat
he greets her with a hug.   
"I've got to go back as an outpatient"
“I’ve got to go back as an outpatient, but otherwise I’m fine,” she tells him, and he wonders why she did not say, as he could have picked her up.
"I'd like a cup of tea"
She is feeling much better, and Mathew makes her a cup of tea;  she gets out her phone, 
"Has the hospital helped you with this drugs business?"
and he asks if the hospital have helped to arrange things with this drugs business. She tells him she must concentrate on one thing at a time, 
"I'd like to talk to someone about Jamie Fenchurch's death"
and makes the phone call;  “I’d like to talk to someone about Jamie Fenchurch’s death – 
"I have some information"
“I have some information.”
The latest offer at Tapas
Outside Tapas, Dylan is displaying a sign which reads, “Autumn Offer – 2 for the price of 1.”   
Gwen is obviously on her way to work
Garry remarks that business must be bad if he is offering free food, 
"More drinks – that's where the money is made"
but Dylan replies that people spend more on drinks if the food is free, and that is where the money is made.   Garry laughs that there is something desperate about offering free food.
“Come back to me after the next financial year, and we’ll see how many steak and chips you’ve sold!” Dylan tells him.
"Dani's thinking of opening a vegetarian café"
“We’re not sticking to steak and chips for much longer – Dani’s thinking of opening a vegetarian café,” announces Garry, 
Mark is worried about Ricky . . .
as he heads back to the Deri, he meets Mark, who is looking for Ricky.
. . . and someone is listening in
“I’m worried he’s going to do something stupid,” says Mark, and we see Dylan, who is standing on the corner, listening to their conversation.   Garry takes Mark into the Deri.
"Ricky knows everything . . ."
“He knows everything,” Mark continues, “That his mother’s been selling drugs, and Gwyneth has something to do with it.   
". . . I heard you and Debbie talking"
“I heard you and Debbie talking outside the salon last week.”   Garry makes it quite clear that he is not involved, 
"Gwyneth has caused this nightmare!"
and complains about the nightmare Gwyneth has caused them.   
"This has ripped our family apart"
Mark can sympathise;  “This whole business has ripped our family apart – but it’s not your fault.   Now Ricky knows, he wants to go to the police, but I don’t know what’s best.”   
"The police must not be involved, Mark!"
Garry is quite adamant that the police must not be involved, 
"Ricky hates the fact his mother is still free"
but Mark points out, “Ricky hates the fact his mother is free after what she’s done.”
"I've come close to shopping Gwyneth!"
Garry admits that he has come close to shopping Gwyneth;  “They kidnapped Gwern because of her – if I hadn’t stepped in, who knows what might have happened.   And she’s still working for them!”
"Why didn't you go to the police?"
Mark wonders why he has not gone to the police;  “They’ve just killed a schoolgirl for grassing – same rule applies to us, guaranteed!” Garry stresses, “Just tell Ricky to forget about all this and carry on with his life.”
Guess who is on the prowl again?
Dylan appears to spend much of his time on that street corner, snooping;  he notices DI Davies and a constable getting out of a car and going into the shop.   
Dylan 'pumps' Mathew for information
Mathew has also noticed this, and Dylan wants to know what is going on;  
"Information about the girl who was killed"
“Sioned has information about the girl who was killed,” is the reply, but Mathew is reluctant to say any more.   Dylan remarks about the rumour that it is to do with drugs, and Mathew confirms, “It is – Sioned was afraid of going to the police to begin with – but they have to be stopped somehow!”   Dylan describes her as brave.
Mathew and Hywel are organising an Anti-Drugs Campaign
Mathew goes on, “I’m on my way to see Hywel Llywelyn now – we are going to try and start an Anti-Drugs Campaign in the village.”   Dylan wishes him good luck, and says he will help in any way he can;  
He looks up at the shop flat window
he looks up at the shop flat window.
DI Davies finds the suspect photos
Inside, DI Davies has some photographs of suspects, 
"Do you recognise any of these?"
and asks if Sioned recognises any of them;  
Sioned sees Jessie's 'mugshot' . . .
immediately she comes to the red-headed woman, 
. . . and confirms she is the woman who took Jamie
she says she was in the van that took Jamie the night she disappeared, and she is quite sure of that.
"We've been trying to get something on her for a very long time"
“Bethan Price, or Jessie, as she likes to call himself,” the DI comments, “We’ve been trying to get something on her for a very long time.”   
"What happens now?"
Sioned asks what will happen now, 
"We shall arrest her"
and is told, “We’ll arrest her.”
"I've been trying to contact you. Ricky"
Mark arrives home and tells Ricky, “I’ve been trying to contact you!  
"What dead battery?"
He demolishes Ricky’s first excuse that his phone battery is dead, and goes on, “Where have you been, Ricky?   Have you been to the pigs?   Answer me, will you?”   
"No, I haven't – yet!"
Ricky replies that he has not been there, yet, and his father continues;  
"You're supposed to be the brains of this family"
“You’re letting yourself down here – you’re supposed to be the brains of this family, but you’ve lost all sense of reason.   You must be able to see that going to the police doesn’t make sense.”
"It makes perfect sense to me"
Ricky replies that it makes perfect sense to him.   “I’ve been to see Garry,” Mark goes on, “If he’s scared of these people, what chance do you and I have?”   There is a knock at the door, 
"I shall tell them I don't know what you're talking about"
and Mark warns his son, “If you insist on going to the police, I shall have to tell them I don’t know what you’re talking about!”
"You're not serious?"
Ricky cannot believe that he is serious, but Mark is quite adamant, “I’m not risking your life, and neither should you!”   Ricky finally answers the door, to find that it is Mathew.
"I've been to see Councillor Hywel Llywelyn"
He informs them, “I’ve just been to see Hywel Llywelyn, because he’s the new local Councillor – and Siôn, Hywel and I want to organise an Anti-Drugs Campaign.”
"It's pointless – everyone is too scared of them'
Ricky thinks the idea is pointless;  “You won’t be able to make a difference – everyone is too scared of them.”   Mathew does not agree, 
"Sioned has already spoken to the police"
emphasising that Sioned has already spoken to the police, in connection with the girl who was killed – she saw something.
"I was hoping Ricky might lead it"
He continues, “Anyway, I’m seeing Garry later, to discuss holding a meeting in the Deri, and I was hoping Ricky might like to lead it.”   
"Ricky won't do that!"
Mark forbids this, but Ricky protests, “This could be a chance to turn this whole mess into something positive.”   His father maintains it is not his place to do that, 
"It's not your place to tell me what to do"
and he angrily answers, “And it’s not your place to tell me what to do all the time!”
Mark looks very grim
Mathew leaves them, saying that he will be in the Deri later, and Mark is looking very grim-faced.
"If you've come to have a go at me . . ."
Dani arrives at number 9, and Gwyneth naturally assumes, “If you’ve come to have a go at me, I wouldn’t waste your time!”   Dani is reluctant to speak in front of Debbie, 
"You can speak in front of Debbie"
but is told that she can say anything.
"Gwern seems to be very unhappy"
“I’m worried about Gwern – he seems to be really unhappy – 
"What do you expect?"
“this mess is all because of you, and if you’re going to be unreasonable, I won’t bother.   
"But Garry has to be with him all the time"
“I am willing to let you see him – but Garry has to be with you at all times.”
"It's nothing to do with you – I'm his mother!"
“You’re willing?” Gwyneth roars, “It’s nothing to do with you – I’m his mother!”
Dani makes it quite clear to her, “We’re not going to risk Gwern’s life – 
"Take it or leave it!"
“so this is your only option.   Take it or leave it.”   She walks out of the house.
"They have no right to do this to me!"
“Who does she think she is?   They have no right to do this to me!” Gwyneth shouts to Debbie, who reminds her that of course they have the right – and they have enough evidence to put her in jail.  
"You've been offered a better deal than I have"
“You’ve been offered a better deal than I have – take it, before she changes her mind.”
Now Dylan wants information from Sioned 
Dylan has gone to see Sioned, bringing her a couple of small meals from Tapas – and promises that he did not cook them.   “I heard what happened to you,” he says, 
"Half the village will know by now"
and she expects that half the village knows by now.
"A school friend died from an overdose"
Dylan adds, “A school friend of mine died from an overdose – I know I might not be one of your favourite people, but I’m glad you’re OK.”   
"Stay for a cup of tea"
She invites him to stay for a cup of tea.
"Sorry, I've got a reunion in Bristol"
In the Deri, Mathew explains, “Hywel will chair it, and Ricky might talk.”   Mark interrupts to say that Ricky does not want to.   Garry suggests that Matthew should speak, but he has a reunion in Bristol.   “Hywel wants start this campaign as soon as possible, so where can I put this poster up?” he asks.
"He's furious – but that's better than the other choice!"
Mark is about to leave, and Garry asks if everything is OK with Ricky;  “He’s furious with me, but as you said, it’s better than the other choice!”   
"I'll get you a pint"
Garry will bring him a pint.
"As long as you're with him"
Dani comes into the bar and informs Garry, “I’ve been to see Gwyneth – I told her that Gwern can go over there later – as long as you’re always with him.   
Garry objects to the arrangement
“This is not ‘giving in’ to her – please think about Gwern!   None of this is ideal, but can we just try it?”
Ricky is writing something at the table in Maes-y-Deri ;  
Ricky leaves a note for his father
he leaves the envelope in a prominent place.
"I think I just wanted to shut everything out"
Sioned is explaining to Dylan, “A lot’s happened – I think I just wanted to shut everything out – not feel anything.   Ed’s and Angela’s deaths – I saw how much I was to blame for everything.”
"We have to take responsibility, don't we?"
Dylan agrees, “We have to take responsibility for what we do, don’t we?”   
She says that is why she had to go to the police, and she has identified one person for them already.   
Dylan elicits another  snippet of information
Dylan hopes that they catch the ‘swine’, 
"I've identified one person already"
and she divulges that it is a woman, who possibly killed that girl, Jamie.
He assures her that she is doing the right thing, but now she is tired, so he leaves, reminding her that he will help in any way he can.
Gwern is glad to see his Mam
There is a knock at the door of number 9, and Gwyneth is delighted to see that it is Gwern, although accompanied by his father.   
"Can I go and play this game?"
He has a game which he wishes to play upstairs, but is told that the meal will be ready soon;  afterwards Gwyneth would like them to go for a walk.
"You're not really going to stay here, watching me?"
“You’re not really going to stay here, watching me?” she snarls at Garry, 
"If I leave, he's coming with me"
and he replies that if he leaves, Gwern will be leaving with him.   “All we’re going to do is have a meal, go for a walk and a chat,” she whines.
“You’d better get a move on, then,” he replies, “You’ve only got a couple of hours.”
Mark immediately notices the envelope
When Mark gets back to Maes-y-Deri, he immediately notices the envelope, puts on his glasses and reads the message;  
He is shocked by what he reads
he is shocked by what it says, and straightaway tries to contact Ricky by phone.   
"I'm sure there's a way round this"
He leaves a message, “Ricky, please phone me – I’m sure there’s a way around this – just let me know where you are, and that everything is OK – a text, anything.”
"Will you be all right on your own?"
Mathew is concerned whether Sioned will be all right on her own, as his friend is due to pick him up for the journey to Bristol in a few minutes.   “DJ said he would stay here with you if you want,” he suggests, 
"I shall be fine"
but she maintains that she will be fine.
Another visit from DI Davies 
The sound of footsteps on the stairs can be heard, and DI Davies enters the room;  
"I don't know if she was tipped off"
“Bethan Price – Jessie – has disappeared.   I don’t know if she was tipped off, but there’s no sign of her.”   
Sioned feels rather uneasy
Mathew demands whether Sioned is in any danger, and the DI has no reason to believe that she is.
"We think she's on her way to France"
“There’s no reason why she should come here – we think she’s on her way to France,” the DI advises, “I don’t want to frighten you, 
"Put my personal number in your phone"
“but put my personal number in your phone, just in case.”
"I'm not going anywhere, Sioned!"
Mathew is now quite adamant he is not going anywhere and leaving Sioned on her own.   
"I'm not going to be a victim"
She emphasises, “I’m not going to be a victim, and I won’t be scared of my own shadow.”   He points out that it does not make sense for him to leave her like this, but then his phone sounds, informing him that his lift is outside.
"We'll drop you off at your mother's"
“Right, we’ll drop you off at your mother’s on the way,” he tells Sioned, 
"I've got things to do here, Math"
but she insists that she has things to do there, confident that the police would not leave her there if they thought she was in danger.   
"Off you go – and enjoy yourself!"
She instructs him to go and enjoy himself;  she will phone her mother later.   
"Contact me as soon as you get to Penrhewl!"
He wants her to contact him as soon as she gets there.
She looks anxiously out of the window . . .
She peers out of the window, 
. . . and is very scared
and, despite her brave words, looks very fearful.