8 October 2019

Mark arrives home after what he has heard
Mark arrives home at Maes-y-Deri in a terrible state, after what he has just heard;  
He paces up and down angrily . . .
he puts down the bottle and the travel brochures and paces up and down, quite devastated, 
. . . then sits down
then sits down at the table.
Gwyneth is mightily relieved to have her drugs back
Debbie hands over the two containers to Gwyneth;  “From Garry,” she says, 
"You said no-one knew about me!"
and continues, “You said no-one knew about me!” and is told that Garry must have worked it out.
"Anyone could have heard"
“Don’t lie!” roars Debbie, “He called me all kinds of things outside the salon – anyone could have heard!”   Gwyneth says that Cassie is out and Debbie is insisting that she needs to stop the drugs before Garry tells everyone.
"I think that Jessie killed Jamie!"
“It’s not that easy – I think Jessie killed that Jamie girl!” Gwyneth informs her, “You know, Jamie who picked up the drops for us.   Do you understand now?   We need to treat Jessie very carefully.”   
"You'd better go!"
She wants Debbie out of the house straightaway, as she can hear Cassie coming in;  
"The results of the biopsy are ready"
she says, “The hospital phoned – the results of the biopsy are ready, and they want me to go in.   They’ve had a cancellation in an hour.”
"I'll go with you"
Gwyneth volunteers to go with her, and tries to persuade her that everything will be OK.
Izzy is looking at paperwork
Izzy is looking at some paperwork when a text arrives on her phone; 
Eifion is missing her already
 it is from Eifion, and reads, “Please can we talk?   Miss you.”   She puts down the phone as her mother asks if she wants anything from the supermarket.
"I know you'll tell me not to interfere"
“I know you’ll tell me not to interfere, but is everything all right between you and Eifion?” Gaynor asks.   When Izzy assures her that everything is fine, 
"If you're having problems so early in your relationship . . ."
she goes on, “Listen, you haven’t been seeing each other for very long, and if you’re having problems so early in your relationship . . .”
“No matter what Eifion does, you won’t like him – so just keep out of it!” Izzy snarls at her.
"As long as you're happy, then I'm happy"
“Whatever I think of him, as long as you’re happy, then I’m happy,” her mother assures her, “But at the moment you look like the world’s about to end.”
After some thought . . .
When Gaynor leaves, Izzy gets out her phone and sends a text to Eifion, 
. . . Izzy invites Eifion over
“Come over.   Mam’s out.”
She wonders what the champagne is doing there
Debbie walks into Maes-y-Deri, and is puzzled to see the bottle of champagne on the table;  
"No thanks to you!"
then she notices Mark standing near the back door.   She asks if Ricky is all right, and in a faltering voice he replies, “Yes – no thanks to you!”   
"What's the champagne for?"
She wants to know what the champagne is for, and he says he thought she needed a break;  “I found a good deal for a holiday in Spain, and champagne tasting was part of it.   
"When you were outside, talking to Garry"
“I brought the bottle to the salon earlier, when you were outside, talking to Garry. I’ve been such a fool, haven’t I?”
"Ooh – he knows!"
Debbie thinks she knows what is coming, so does not say a word;  he asks, “Is what I heard true, then?   
"Our son fighting for his life because of your drugs"
“Was our son fighting for his life because of your drugs?  How could you?”   
"I've stopped now, Mark!"
She replies that she has stopped, but he wants to know long it was going on;  she reveals that it started last Christmas.
"You paid for the wedding with drug money?"
He rages, “So we’ve been living on drug money for months, have we?   You paid for the wedding with drug money?”   
"The vows are what was important"
Debbie maintains that the vows were the important thing, but he regards it as all lies.   
"I would never have married you if I'd known the truth!"
“I would never have married you if I’d known the truth!” Mark exclaims.
Eifion is back at Llwyncelyn 
Eifion arrives at Llwyncelyn and Izzy tells him, “I’d like to be able to say that I’m a modern woman who’s fine with being in an open relationship – 
"I'm not, and I don't think I can be either"
“but I’m not, and I don’t think I can be either.”   
"I haven't felt like this about anyone for a long time"
He admits that he has also been thinking, and has not felt like this about anyone for a long time.
Gaynor returns unexpectedly
Just at the wrong moment Gaynor returns;  she turned back as there were roadworks in Llanarthur.   She is surprised to see Eifion there.   
"Don't say that you've missed me?"
“Don’t say that youve missed me?” quips Eifion, and explains that he has been working flat out on the election.   
"I have no idea how to canvass"
“I was just telling Izzy I have no idea how to canvass.”
"You've left it a bit late, haven't you?"
Gaynor thinks he has left it rather late, and he protests he has been printing pamphlets and knocking on doors;  
"They've got more 'likes' than me"
“But Hywel and Anita still have more ‘likes’ than me.”
Izzy suggests that should be his USP;  “The fact that you’re younger – you should find some young supporters who will do some of the promotion for you.   
"How about the Milltir Sgwar girls?"
“How about the Milltir Sgwar [literally ‘square mile’ – meaning the local area] girls?   They reach a lot of people and have an exciting image.”
Gaynor advises that they had better hurry, as the voting is tomorrow;  Eifion enquires if he can rely on Gaynor’s vote, but receives no answer.   
"Can I see you later?"
As he is about to go out of the door, he whispers to Izzy that he would like to see her later and finish their conversation.
"I was a businesswoman – then I lost everything!"
Debbie insists, “I was a businesswoman – people treated me with respect for the first time in my life – I was earning a good wage, and life was great.   Then I lost everything – we were skint again, and we needed money to send Ricky to college.”
Mark would not have touched her 'dirty money'
Mark points out that he would have worked every hour, day and night, before touching that dirty money;  “But you can’t, Mark, because of your health,” she replies, 
"Are you saying it's my fault you're a drug dealer?"
so he accuses her of saying it is his fault that she is a drug dealer.
“How did it start?   Did you find these people and offer yourself, or what?” he demands, 
"A woman offered me extra cash"
and she says a woman came to her, asking if she was interested in making extra cash.
They have not noticed the arrival of Ricky
Ricky is just coming in through the back door 
"Most people would have run a mile!"
as Mark goes on, “And when she asked you to be a drug dealer, you just agreed?   Most people would have run a mile, Debs!   But not you!”   
"I want to move on and forget about it!"
She whines that she has stopped now – she wants to move on and forget about it.
"But you were greedy and wanted more!"
“We had everything – but you were greedy and wanted more!” Mark shouts, and at this point Ricky comes into view, with an incredulous look on his face.
"You?   You're the drug dealer?"
“You?   You’re the drug dealer?” he says, 
Debbie has nothing to say
and she turns and looks at him.
Cassie and Gwyneth arrive at the hospital
Cassie and Gwyneth arrive at the hospital
"Waiting is the worst part"
and are shown to a room;  they are told that the doctor will not be long;  “Waiting is the worst part,” says Gwyneth, and Cassie remarks that she has tried to keep busy since the biopsy, even going to Swansea yesterday for some retail therapy – but did not buy anything.
"I did eat a Chinese – on my own"
“I did eat a Chinese – on my own, I’ve never done that before,” she says, “And I got this out of a fortune cookie.”   
"Change is inevitable and the journey may challenge you"
She hands Gwyneth small piece of paper, which reads, “Change is inevitable and the journey may challenge you.”   
Everyomne will be there for Cassie
Cassie is warned not to read too much into that, and Gwyneth assures her that whatever happens today Gwyneth will be there for her – and so will everyone else.
"I knew that things had gone too far!"
Debbie is now telling Ricky, “Once you fell, I knew that things have gone too far – I tried to get out of it, but they made threats against you.”   
"You should have gone to the police"
He insists that she should have gone to the police, but Debbie wails, “There’s no telling what they would have done if I’d gone to the cops!”
"The money we found – it wasn't from Josh, was it?"
Mark suddenly interrupts, “That money we found – it wasn’t from Josh, was it?”   Ricky does not know what money they are talking about, 
"With time, we can work through this"
but Debbie continues to insist that with time, they can work through this.
“I love you so much – I’ll do anything to make things right,” she vows, 
"I went round, accusing everyone"
and Mark remembers that he went round the village, accusing everyone of being a drug dealer, when in reality it was his wife.   
Ricky escapes upstairs
Ricky pushes his mother away and rushes upstairs.
"I should have listened to Mam!"
“How did you expect him to react?” snarls Mark, “I should have listened to Mam – you’re nothing but trouble!   All the fights we had – but as soon as Mam accepts you, you go and spoil everything!”
Debbie's case is flung downstairs
They suddenly hear something being thrown down the stairs;  
"Pack your stuff!   I never want to see you again!"
Ricky shouts, “Pack your stuff!   I never want to see you again!”   
She gets no sympathy from Mark
As she tries to appeal to Mark, he responds coldly, “You heard what he said!”
"I'm Doctor Kate Atwood"
The doctor apologises for keeping them waiting, and introduces herself as Kate Atwood;  
Cassie finds the suspense difficult to bear
“Thanks for coming in – it’s always good to fill the cancellations.   You had a biopsy a week ago?”
"No malignant cells were found"
She consults the computer, and announces, “I’m happy to tell you that no malignant cells were found, and the cyst is benign.”   
"I don't have cancer?   I'm clear?"
Cassie cannot quite believe it;  “What do you mean?   I don’t have cancer?   I’m clear?”   The doctor confirms that she is healthy, but Cassie asks, “Are you sure?”   
"Well, I've been doing this job for fifteen years, and I'm sure!"
Dr Atwood replies that she has been doing this job for fifteen years, and she is certain, 
Cassie becomes emotional
which causes Cassie to shed tears of happiness.
Eifion's social media standing is much improved
Izzy’s suggestion has borne fruit, and now Eifion is pleased that he has 44 ‘shares’ and nine friend requests;  “Including the woman from the Western Post!” he tells Izzy.   
She describes him as, “A hit with the cool kids, then!” and he thanks her for inviting him back.
"You're very special to me"
“As I was trying to say earlier, you’re very special to me, and I don’t want us to finish,” he goes on;  
"I don't want to stop you from doing anything"
she does not want to stop him from doing anything, but he insists that he only wants to be with her, and does not want to lose her.   
Good relations have been restored
They kiss, and harmony appears to have been re-established.
"Hello, Mr Sneddon"
Then her phone rings, and she finds that it is Mr Sneddon;  she tells Eifion that it is some work she has not done, 
"There's a problem in the accounts"
but then admits there is some problem with the accounts.   “I thought I’d juggled things around – but obviously not.   My boss wants to see the Kids’ Club paperwork tomorrow.   
"If you want some more invoices . . ."
Eifion asks if she wants some more invoices, because that would not be a problem, but she explains it is more complicated than that.
"I shall just have to find the money somewhere"
“I’ll just have to play the fool and pretend I made a mistake – then try to find the money somewhere else!” she laments.   
"You could ask your mother for another invoice"
He suggests that she could ask her mother for another invoice, as that is a possible course of action, 
"I suppose I could do that"
and Izzy is forced to consider it.
"I'm not the first person to make a mistake"
As Ricky is enthusiastically collecting together his mother’s belongings, she wails, “I’m not the first person to make a mistake!”   
"That's not a mistake – you've been lying for months!"
Mark regards it as more than a mistake, as she has been lying to them for months.
"You should just go!"
Ricky agrees with this evaluation, and tells her she should just go.   
"You don't want to be here when Mam comes back!"
“Go now, before Mam gets back here,” orders Mark, “You don’t want to be here when she finds out!”
"Did you know your father sold drugs to schoolchildren?"
“Did you know your father sold drugs to schoolchildren?” Debbie asks Ricky, but Mark points out that occurred when he was a boy – and she is old enough to know better.
"And I went to prison for it!"
“And I went to prison anyway!” he adds.   
"I'll do anything to make it up to you!"
She whines that she will do anything to make it up to them, 
"Go to the police and tell them everything, then!"
so Ricky instructs her to go to the police and tell them everything – because if she does not, he will.
She pleads with Mark not to let him do so, warning, “These people are dangerous – they’ll come after Ricky!”
"I'm not letting her get away with this!"
Ricky is quite adamant that he is not going to sit back and let her get away with this;  “I want you to go to the police!”   She insists that they will come after him, and punish her.   He tells her that she can inform the police of who are members of the gang, 
"Someone in the gang killed Jamie!"
but she points out that someone in the gang killed Jamie, the girl on the news.
"We mustn't cross these people, Ricky"
Mark is of the opinion that Debbie may be right, and Ricky should not cross these people;  “I don’t want any of us to get killed, all right?”   However he still tells Debbie that she must go, adding, 
"I'll never forgive you for what you did"
“I’ll never forgive you for what you did, so please, just go.”
"We don't want you here!"
Ricky also tells her they do not want her there, 
Debbie and all her luggage leave Maes-y-Deri
so she struggles out of the front door with her large case.   
"This is so wrong"
“Are we really not going to go to the police?” asks Ricky, “This is so wrong!”
"We make a good team"
At Llwyncelyn, Eifion is cooking a curry for dinner, and tells Izzy that they make a good team;  
Gaynor looks forward to the meal
when Gaynor comes in, she is very impressed.   She has a phone call to make, and then she will open a bottle.
"Mam, can you sign something for me?"
“Mam, before I forget, can you sign something for me?” asks Izzy, “The bill for renting the hall – I lost the original, but I’ve made another one on behalf of the school, and I thought you should sign it as I made it.”
The headmistress really ought to check before signing
As intended, Gaynor signs the form without giving it any attention, and then has to answer her phone.   
"I feel terrible, Eifion!"
Izzy admits to Eifion that she feels terrible, 
"You only did what you had to do"
but he replies that she has only done what she had to do, and cautions her not to do it again, as they do not want anyone to notice a pattern.
Debbie has arrived at number 9
Debbie has arrived at Gwyneth’s house;  “I didn’t know where else to go,” she sobs, “Mark knows everything – he’s thrown me out.   He heard Garry and me talking.”
"Is he going to tell the police?"
Gwyneth demands whether he is going to tell the police, and she hopes he will not, although that is what Ricky wants to do.   “How could you be so stupid?” Gwyneth shouts, but then has to stop, as Cassie comes in.
"She and Mark have had a tiff"
Gwyneth explains that Debbie is staying with them, as she and Mark have had a tiff.   
Cassie wants to celebrate the good news
Cassie has something in her bag which may help, and announces the good news that she does not have cancer;  
Debbie tries to look happy for her . . .
she would like Debbie to celebrate with her.   
. .  and the champagne reminds her of earlier
As she goes to fetch the glasses, Debbie looks at the bottle and weeps.