11 December 2019 (2nd)

Cwmderi Christmas scene
We see the festive scene in the High Street, and inside the Deri, 
"I'll sort it all out, Dani"
Colin is reassuring Dani that he will sort everything out, as she has enough to do.
"Look at all these messages"
He says that he has lots of messages for Garry, and is about to show her some of them when Garry walks in, 
"What are you doing?"
wondering what they are doing.   
An unlikely tale about a cat on a skateboard
Colin explains it away as a cat, and Dani adds, “On a skateboard!”
"Gwyneth will be home this afternoon"
Garry has arranged for someone to cover Dani’s shift this afternoon, explaining that Gwyneth is coming home, and he thought both of them should be there to support Gwern.   She protests that there is a lot to do with Hywel’s party, 
"I don't know what all the fuss is about!"
but Garry points out, “He’s 52 – I don’t know what all the fuss is about!”   
Dani suspects that he knows something, but Colin is sure that he does not, and now must go and start baking;  
"You're making it yourself, Colin?"
Dani is concerned to hear that he is making the cake himself.
"Aled's sticking to his story"
Iolo and Tyler are sitting on the stairs at number 7;  Tyler has just had a call from the police, and tells Iolo, “Aled’s sticking to his story – that we’ve been sleeping together for months – so the police will continue their investigation.   
"How can I prove my innocence, Iol?"
“How can I prove my innocence, Iol?   It’s just his word against mine, isn’t it?”   
"The truth will come out in the end, Ty"
Iolo is still confident that the truth will come out in the end.
Mark brings something that Anita has been waiting for
Mark is delivering a packet to Siôn, who assures him, “Tyler is completely innocent – and you can say that to whoever asks.   Anita comes downstairs and is excited that her purchase has arrived.   
"Paul can wear this on Christmas Day"
As Siôn signs for it, she produces a little outfit for Paul to wear on Christmas Day, and Mark comments that she spoils him rotten.
"I can buy him a present, Siôn!"
Siôn looks disapprovingly at her, but she protests that she can buy him a present;  “What if Kelly goes ahead with the adoption?” he asks, 
"You need to prepare yourself"
“You need to prepare yourself.”   She maintains that she knows what she is doing – giving them some space, so they can get to know each other better.   
"Kelly's problems run a lot deeper than that"
Siôn is of the opinion that Kelly’s problems run a lot deeper than that.
"I don't want to lose Paul as well!"
“Well, I have to do something, Siôn!” she snarls, “I’ve lost Dwayne and Eira – I don’t want to lose Paul as well!”   Siôn reminds her that this is different, but she does not want to listen.
Colin is adding another birthday message
Out in the street, Colin is recording Debbie’s greeting for Garry;  “Happy Birthday, and all that – I hope there will be a free bar at the party,” she says, rather unenthusiastically, 
"If anyone says you're old, throw your false teeth at them!"
“And if anyone says you’re old, throw your false teeth at them!”
"I'm surprised he is venturing out"
They see Iolo and Tyler coming out of number 7, and Debbie is surprised that Tyler is venturing out;  Iolo insists that a nice walk will do him good.   
"Everyone's behind you 150%, Tyler"
Colin rushes across, and reminds him, “Everyone here is behind you 150%!”   Debbie wonders what is Aled’s problem, suspecting that he cannot handle rejection.   Iolo tells her that Tyler does not want to talk about it, 
"Can you edit these messages?"
but then Colin wants Tyler to help editing the congratulatory messages for Garry.
Tyler reluctantly agrees
Tyler decides, very much against his will, that he will assist, and they go back into the house.
"Happy birthday, Hyw!"
In the Deri flat, Garry is recording his own message for Hywel;  “Happy birthday, Hyw – I’m lucky to be able to call you a friend.”   
"I was looking at a cat on a skateboard"
Gwyneth arrives, and he makes the excuse that he was looking at a video of a cat on a skateboard.
"I missed Gwern"
She has had a good trip, but missed Gwern, and Garry informs her that Gwern is great, but he does not know yet that his mother is back.   
"With a bit of luck, he'll be pleased to see me"
“With a bit of luck, he’ll be pleased to see me,” she says, hopefully, “A break will do us good – and I’ve brought a bag of sweets, which always helps.”
"Don't get your hopes up"
Garry advises her not to get her hopes up, as she does not want to be disappointed.
"Yes, Tyler – that's good"
Tyler is working on the videos, and Colin will leave everything to him;  
"I haven't got anything better to do, have I?"
“Yes, OK – I’ve not got anything better to do, have I?” Tyler sighs.   Colin says that he will see them at the party, 
"I won't be there, Col"
but Tyler does not think he will be going
“You’ve got to come – you’ve got nothing to be ashamed of!” Colin encourages him,
"You're coming – and that's the end of it!"
“You’re coming – and that’s the end of it.”   
"One out – one in!"
As he goes out of the door, he meets Anita, who is coming in.
"Kelly doesn't think she can raise Paul"
“Sorry to disturb you,” she says, “It’s just that Kelly doesn’t think she can raise Paul – she wants him to have a fresh start without memories.   But I can’t just let her give him away!   I know that it’s a lot to ask you, but I'm looking for someone to adopt him.”
"She doesn't want us to adopt him"
Tyler immediately points out to her that Kelly does not want them to adopt him, 
"She refused when we offered"
and Iolo recalls that they have already offered, and she refused;  that was when she was pregnant.
"A lot of things have happened since then!"
“Oh well, there we are – a lot of things have happened since then!” Anita goes on, “It’s worth asking again, isn’t it?” but Tyler reminds her that things have changed for them as well.   
"You're my last hope, boys!"
She is reduced to pleading with  them, but Iolo stresses that they have a lot to discuss, and cannot give her an answer just like that.   She looks very downhearted.
Anita is getting on Kelly's nerves again
Later, Anita is at the café flat, 
"You look so cosy there"
and remarks on how cosy Kelly and Paul look;  
"So you still remember where I live, then"
“So you still remember where I live, then?” Kelly snaps, and Anita tells her that she has been very busy, preparing for Christmas.
"You seem to be coping fine"
“You seem to be coping fine without me,” she continues, “Hasn’t he grown, Kel?”
"That's what babies do"
Kelly points out that babies do that, and is told, “It’s nice to see the two of you looking so happy – you just needed a bit of space, didn’t you?”
“Yeah – a few days of quality time, and everything’s rosy!” says Kelly, “We’re knackered, that’s all.”   
"How can you not feel any love towards him?"
Anita demands how Kelly can hold her baby like that and not feel any love towards him;  “I do love him,” she sighs, 
"All the love in the world won't change who he is"
“I love him with every fibre of my being – but all the love in the world won’t change who he is.”
"People will move on and forget"
Anita predicts that people will move on and forget;  “Will they?” Kelly demands, 
"Huwi and Paul would be in the same school"
“What about Eileen – she’s not going to forget.   Huwi and Paul would be in the same school – do you think she would be fine with that?”
"Why not move away somewhere?"
Anita’s next suggestion is that Kelly move somewhere else to live;  “Start over again, where nobody knows him.”
"But I know him"
Kelly replies, “But I know him!   Stop pinning your hopes on me changing my mind, because it’s not going to happen.”   Anita sems to have been temporarily silenced.
Mark relaxes after his round
Mark is reading the Western Post when Debbie returns to Maes-y-Deri;  
"I'm sure we can share a couple of cans"
“I’m sure we can share a couple of cans,” he tells her, and she advises that it is hectic out there, with everyone rushing around with their Christmas list.
"Remember lats year?   It's lucky Iori was here"
“There’s only one thing on mine!” she explains, “Do you remember last year?   It was chaos – it’s lucky that Iori was here, or we would have starved.”   
Mark cannot believe she wants to spend Christmas with Iori again, and she agrees;  
"I would like to have Ricky home"
“But I would like to have Ricky home.”
"I don't think that's possible, Debs"
Mark does not believe that is possible if Ricky knows that she is here;  “There’s no harm in asking – please, Mark, will you phone him?” she suggests.
"I remember finding my handbag in the freezer"
Anita has not gone home, but reports that Paul is now sleeping;  “Do you know what, Kel?   When my boys were babies, my head was like porridge.   I remember finding my handbag in the freezer once!”
"Extreme Baby Brain, is it?"
“So what’s this – Extreme Baby Brain, is it?” Kelly enquires, 
"It's not the time to make big decisions"
and Anita does not consider that now is the right time to make big decisions, because Kelly’s hormones are all over the place.
This approach clearly does not work, and Kelly tells her, “I know what I’m doing,” but Anita makes it very clear that she does not agree, stressing that Kelly has not thought of all the options.
"I've had a word with Iolo and Tyler"
“Well, I’ve had a word with Iolo and Tyler, and I’ve asked them to adopt him,” reveals Anita.
"You've done what?"
“You’ve done what?” Kelly angrily demands, and is told that they have not agreed yet, but are willing to discuss it – and that is a good sign.
“You had no right!   He’s my son!” Kelly emphasises, and Anita is surprised that she remembers that;   “Wow – that’s low!” Kelly growls at her.
"And if they're not willing, I'll adopt him"
“At least, talk to them – and if they’re not willing to adopt him, I will!” Anita promises, “You know I’m willing to do that!”
"Have you listened to a word I've said?"
Kelly is absolutely furious;  “Have you listened to a word I’ve said?” she rages, “Clean break – that's the only option!” 
"But it will leave a huge hole, Kel"
but Anita wails that it will leave a huge hole which she will never be able to fill again.   
"I shall be all right"
Kelly is confident that she will be all right.
"Well, I'm going to take Paul with me"
Anita picks up the bag and begins filling it with baby requisites, announcing that she is going to take Paul with her;  “To give you a taste of what it would be like to live without him.”   She is surprised that Kelly agrees to this so easily, 
"Make the most of it while you still can"
telling her aunt to make the most of it while she still can.
"When will he be here, Garry?"
Gwyneth is becoming very impatient for Gwern to return to the Deri flat;  Dani calls upstairs to say that he is coming.   
"Don't expect too much, mind"
Again, Garry warns Gwyneth not to expect too much.
"Is there anything to eat – I'm starving!"
Gwern comes in, demanding, “Is there anything to eat?   I’m starving!”   His mother says it is lucky that she brought some sweets, 
Gwern hesitates for a moment . . .
then, and after a few moments of hesitation, 
. . . then goes to hug his mother
he rushes over and hugs her.
"Bye then, Ricky"
Mark ends his phone call with Ricky, and informs Debbie that he was in good spirits;  “I asked him about Christmas – and I’m sorry, Debs . . .”
"He'll never want to see me again, will he?"
She is convinced that he will never want to see her;  he would rather spend Christmas on his own than come home.   
"He's going volunteering in Ghana"
Mark enlightens her that he is going out to Ghana, to volunteer with a children’s charity.
"Perhaps when he comes home, he will be willing to see me?"
Debbie comes to the conclusion that perhaps she is not the problem;  “He’s not coming home because he wants to help other people – and perhaps when he comes home, he will be willing to see me.”   
Mark tries to appear hopeful
Mark tries to look optimistic about this.
"What about that burger place by the cinema?"
At number 7, Tyler admits that he has no reason to hide in the house;  “Hey – what about that burger place by the cinema?   Greta had fun there last time, didn’t she?”   
"It would be nice if we made a booking for four"
Iolo proposes that what would be nice is if they made a booking for four.”   Tyler reminds him that Kelly does not want this.
"Look, Aled isn't going to be part of our lioves for ever"
Iolo points out that they could think about adopting from somewhere else;  “Look – Aled isn’t going to be part of our lives for ever – we have to think about the future.   
"You, me, Greta – perhaps a little brother or sister"
“You, me, Greta – perhaps a little brother or sister – our little family.”   
"That could be a possibility"
Tyler thinks that it could be a possibility.
"Quiet, Siôn – he's asleep!"
Siôn is concerned when Anita arrives back at Y Felin with baby Paul;  she assures him that it is only temporary.   
Siôn looks far from happy about this
“Kelly insisted that I bring him – she will regret it in the morning,” but Siôn expresses doubt about that.
"A night without him will do her good"
“A night without him will do her good – it will make her realise how much she’ll miss him,” Anita insists, 
"You said they needed time together"
but he reminds her that she said earlier they need time together.   “Yes – but I’ve changed my mind!’ she replies.”
"You can't play with his life like that!"
“Anita, we are talking about a human being here – you can’t play with his life like that!” Siôn reprimands her, 
"I'll take him back first thing in the morning"
but she points out she will take him back first thing in the morning.   
"Well, I'm going to the Deri"
Siôn does not agree with this, and strides out of the house, informing her that he is going to the Deri, 
"I need your support here, Siôn"
despite her assistance that she needs his support.
Kelly sits alone at home . . .
At home, Kelly is sitting quietly, 
. . . looks at the Christmas tree . . .
then she walks across the Christmas tree, 
. . . removes the baby handprint . . .
and takes down the handprint which Anita made, looks at it, 
. . . and drops it into a box
then drops it into a box.   
She begins to remove all the decorations
She begins to remove the decorations from the tree, and these, too, are deposited in the box.