26 December 2019

Dani is waiting – in the pouring rain
Dani is sitting in her car in the pouring rain, waiting for Tyler to come out of the police station;  
"Thanks for coming to pick me up, Dan"
he thanks her for coming to pick him up, and admits that he has told them the truth.   
"So why haven't they arrested you?"
“So why haven’t they arrested you?” she demands, and he says they have to talk to Aled before deciding what to do.
He informs Dani what he told the police
“He said we were having an affair, but I made it clear that we kissed once while he was at school, and he had left school when we slept together,” Tyler points out, 
"But did they believe you?"
and she wants to know if he stressed that it only happened once, and whether they believed him.   “They were angry that I’ve changed my story,” he admits, and now they must wait to see what Aled says;  
"Perverting the Course of Justice"
“Even if he admits he lied, they could still charge me with abuse of a position of trust – and perverting the course of justice.”
"I can't believe Iolo forced you to confess"
“Tyler, I know you’re in the wrong,” says Dani, “And that you should never have done this – but I can’t believe Iolo forced you to confess – you’re his husband.”
Tyler replies that if it helps Iolo to forgive him, he does not care.   She emphasises that Iolo is making things worse;  
"Iolo is the imprtant one now"
“Iolo is the important one now,” he insists.   If Dani had known that Garry was going to say something, she would never have told him, and is very sorry.   She wonders what he is going to do now, but he does not know.
"I can't help it – you're so gorgeous!"
Rhys is acting in an amorous, not to mention childish, fashion;  “I can’t help it – you’re so gorgeous!” he tells Ffion, “You are going to wear those earrings, aren’t you?” 
"Of course I am"
and she replies that of course she is.
Then her phone sounds, and she finds a message from Jason, asking, “Did he propose yesterday?”   
What Ffion was anticipating has not happened
She immediately sends a reply, advising that he did not, but tells Rhys that Jason was asking if they had a good day yesterday.
"I will have more to spend on you next year"
Rhys says it was great, and that he will have more money to spend on her next year.   He is adamant that she should have a lie-in, and will go and make breakfast for her;  “It will be nice to spoil you!” he says.
The handprint is now on Anita's tree
Anita looks at the baby handprint, now hanging from her Christmas tree, 
"Some coffee for you, Anita"
and when Siôn comes in with some coffee for them, 
"She sees me as some kind of murderer!"
she growls, “Kelly sees me as some kind of murderer!   She said if I gave Paul a life, I’d be taking her life away.”   
"That's a bit dramatic, Anita!"
He remarks that she is being rather dramatic by saying Kelly thinks of Anita as a murderer.   
“You have to accept that you might ruin Kelly’s life if you try to stop the adoption,” he explains, “She didn’t say that lightly.”   
"You haven't wanted me to fight for Paul from the beginning!"
Anita moans that he has not wanted her to fight for Paul from the beginning, and he reminds her that Kelly is his mother, and she is not.
"I'm just trying to do the right thing here!"
“But he’s a member of the family – thinking of him being raised by any old stranger is just . . . You think I’m being selfish, don’t you?   I’m just trying to do the right thing here!”
"The right thing for who – you or Kelly?"
“The right thing for who, Anita – you or Kelly?” Siôn enquires
"Why did you force Tyler to tell the police?"
Iolo and Greta are coming out of number 7 when Dani approaches;  “Why did you force Tyler to tell the police?” she demands, 
"Because it was the right thing to do"
and he replies that it was the right thing to do.   
Garry notices the conversation
Garry is just emerging from the alley opposite as Dani goes on, “I know you’re angry – but the police?   Was that necessary?   This could destroy him.”
"Doesn't it matter that it has destroyed me?"
“Doesn’t it matter that it has destroyed me, Dan?” Iolo exclaims, “And why didn’t you tell me about him and Aled?   We’re supposed to be friends.   You have no right to judge me for what I did!”
"Tyler deserves everything he gets!"
Garry has come across the road and assures Iolo that he has done the right thing:  “Tyler deserves everything he gets!”   
"And how does that help matters?"
Iolo and Greta walk away, and Dani demands how Garry’s comment helps matters.
"Breakfast in bed, Ffion!"
Rhys, still with that sycophantic grin, brings breakfast in bed for Ffion, 
"I'll always have enough money to spoil you!"
and there is also an envelope;  she was under the impression that he could not afford much, owing to the problems with the gym.   “I’ll always have enough money to spoil you!” he asserts,
There is no ring in the envelope
and she finds a booking for a night at the four star Porth Maelor Hotel, where they will be going on New Year’s Eve.   
“I got it half-price, as they have a sale on,” he says, “Sorry for making you wait until this morning for your present – but it might have a four-poster bed, and we can have as much room service as we want.”   Ffion cannot help looking rather disappointed.
"You've done enough damage, Garry!"
Inside the Deri, Dani snarls, “You’ve done enough damage without causing more today!” but Garry emphasises that men who take advantage of boys are scum.
She maintains that Aled was chasing Tyler, 
"Why are you defending him?"
but he shouts, “Tyler was his teacher!   It’s wrong!   Why are you defending him?”   
"Tyler is all I have left, Gar!"
She points out that Tyler is all she has left, and he is always saying how important it is to stick up for one’s family, so that is what she is doing.
"And you think this is right?"
“And you think this is right?” he asks, and she confirms that of course she does not, but points out that Aled was over 18 when they slept together.
"Have a good break, Cassie?"
Their conversation is cut short when Cassie returns from her Christmas break;  Dani goes upstairs and Cassie asks Garry about his test results.   He tells her that everything is fine.   
"Why aren't you smiling, then?"
She wonders why he is not smiling, in that case, so he says he has had other things on his mind.
"I've been looking forward to seeing you"
Siôn opens the door of Y Felin to Iolo, and has been looking forward to seeing him all morning.   “Did things go well at the Deri?” he enquires, 
Iolo weeps bitterly
and is suprised when Iolo bursts into tears
Tyler catches sight of Aled
Tyler is walking morosely along the back street when he sees Aled coming out of the alley, and calls to him; 
"Iolo forced me to go to the police"
“Listen, Iolo knows everything,” he says, “He forced me to go to the police, and tell them everything.   He wants me to tell the truth.   The police will contact you, but don’t say I’ve been in touch, right?   
"You have to tell them the truth – I could go to jail!"
“You have to tell the truth, that we haven’t been having an affair!   Please, Aled – I could go to jail!”
Aled replies, “OK, and then we can move away together – today!” but he is told that Tyler wants to be with Iolo.   “He won’t be able to trust you!” Aled says, enthusiastically, but Tyler makes it clear he is not going to run away with Aled.
"Why should I tell the truth, then?"
“Why should I tell the police, then?” is Aled’s next question, “Why should I tell the truth?”   Tyler desperately pleads for him to help a friend, but he points out, I want you to be my partner, not my friend!”   Tyler makes it clear that is not going to happen.
“Fine – well I’m not going to the police, then!” says Aled and walks away.
"Just wait until I get hold of him!"
Siôn is furious;  “Just wait until I get hold of him!   Making a fool of you like that – I could strangle him!   Someone needs to tell him – who does he think he is?”   
"That will only make things worse, Dad!"
Iolo predicts that it will only make things worse.   
His father asks if things are over between them, but Iolo does not know the answer to that;  “You can’t take him back after that,” 
"I don't know – I don't know!
but Iolo angrily shouts that he does not know, and wants his father to stop asking questions.
"I hope I haven't come at a bad time"
Anita has gone to see Gaynor, and hopes that she has not come at a bad time;  she is told that Hywel and Esther are out and is invited to sit down.   
"Kelly's going to give little Paul up for adoption"
“Kelly is going to give little Paul up for adoption – he’s with Amanda now, until Social Services find him a foster family,” Anita says, 
"That's a terrible situation to be in"
and Gaynor commiserates with her.
"I said I'm going to put a stop to it"
“I’ve said I’m going to put a stop to the adoption and raise him myself – but Kelly doesn’t want me to do that, neither does Siôn – because I’m selfish, apparently.   But I love the little one.   How did you feel when Lois put up her child for adoption?”
"I was all over the place"
Gaynor recalls that she was all over the place, being unable to eat or sleep, and knows that it is a terrible situation to be in.   
"Do you regret it?"
Asked whether she regrets it, Gaynor replies, “I’ll never forget the morning she left – 
"No, I don't reget it"
“but no, I don’t regret it, because it was the right thing to do – for Lois and Gwen.   If I had forced Lois to keep Gwen, or raised her myself, I don’t like to think about it.   It would have ruined Lois’ life –but I did love Gwen – like I love Lois, 
"Sometimes, loving someone means letting them go"
“but sometimes loving someone means letting them go.”
Anita seems to be persuaded
This appears to be the advice Anita needs to hear.
"I can't understand why he didn't ask me"
In the Deri, Ffion confides to Jason that she cannot understand why Rhys did not ask her;  “He’s had the ring for ages – do you think he’s having cold feet?   Something is stopping him.”
Jason argues that it is pretty obvious
Jason summarises the situation;  “He has booked a night at a posh hotel for both of you on New Year’s Eve – well, that’s when he’ll propose, isn’t it?   
"Do you think so?"
“Come on, Ffion – he’s trying to be romantic!   
"I shall have to buy another new suit now!"
I shall have to buy another new suit now, won’t I?”   Ffion looks much more upbeat after their little chat.
"He's gone out with Greta"
Tyler knocks on the door of number 7, and Dani, who is passing, tells him that Iolo is not there;  she saw him and Greta going out earlier.   
"Greta's fine – I'm not so sure about Iolo"
“Greta’s fine – but I’m not so sure about Iolo.”   
"I hope he will cool down"
Tyler is hoping that he will cool down when he knows that the police have been told the truth.
"You need to give him some space"
Dani recommends that he give Iolo some space, 
"I've done everything he wanted me to do!"
but he insists, “I just want him to know I’ve done everything he wanted me to do – and I want to see Greta, too.”   Dani confirms that Greta is fine and repeats that he should give Iolo some time, inviting him to stay at the Deri for a while.
Tyler is unwilling to do that, but is anxious to sort things out with Iolo;  she assures him, “When he’s ready to talk, he’ll contact you – 
Dani drags Tyler to the Deri
“you’re coming to the Deri.”
Anita hammers on the café door
Anita is once more peering into the café, and then she bangs loudly on the door;  
The last person Kelly wanted to see
Kelly comes slowly downstairs, and is not pleased to see Anita, but nevertheless lets her in.
"If you've come here for another argument . . ."
“If you’ve come here for another argument, you can save your breath,” Kelly begins, 
"I don't have an ounce of energy left"
“As I don’t have an ounce of energy left – I’m done.”   
"I'm not going to stop the adoption"
She is surprised to hear that Anita is not going to stop the adoption.
“If that’s really what you want, I’ll let Paul go,” says Anita, and Kelly cannot believe that she has changed her mind, 
"I've been praying you would say that"
revealing that she has been praying that she would hear that.
"But I'll never forgive you!"
However, Anita will not let Kelly touch her, and goes on, “I might accept your decision, but I’ll never forgive you!   
"I don't want anything to do with you!"
“The best thing for you to do now is to stay out of my way!   I don’t want anything to do with you – and I’m ‘done’ as well!”   
Anita leaves Kelly distraught
She marches out of the café.
"Hot chocolate and marshmallows"
At the Deri flat, Tyler has had a shower, and obviously Garry is not around;  “At least, I don’t smell of police station any more,” he comments, and Dani presents him with hot chocolate and marshmallows.   
"What's he doing here?"
She tells him to put on one of Garry’s tops, and he is just doing so when Garry returns, and is not happy, to say the least.   “What’s he doing here?” Garry demands, and when told that he will be staying for a few days, 
"No, it's not all right – I don't want him here!"
replies, “No, it’s not all right – I don’t want him here!   
"And take that off!"
“And take that off!”
Garry is not sympathetic when told he has nowhere else to go, 
"I've never stopped Britt or Chester or Catrin or Aaron from staying here"
but Dani stresses that she has never stopped Britt or Chester or Catrin or Aaron from staying there.
"They haven't done what he did!"
“They haven’t done what he did!” Garry snarls.   
"Iolo wants me to go to number 7"
Meanwhile, Tyler has received a text, and says that Iolo wants him to go to number 7;  he hopes that they may be able to sort something out.
"Don't touch my stuff again!"
Garry confronts him;  “Don’t touch my stuff again – do you understand?”   
Tyler leaves the Deri . . .
Tyler picks up his jacket and goes.   
. . . and hurries to number 7
Hurrying to number 7, he knocks on the door.
"I told the police everything:"
He informs Iolo that he told the police everything, and they will be talking to Aled;  
"All right, boys?"
distracted by Jason walking past, 
Tyler's belongings are ejected
Tyler is surprised when Iolo thrusts his bag of belongings at him.   
"And I don't want this, either!"
“And I don’t want this, either!” Iolo adds, taking off the watch.
This seems the final rejection for Tyler 
“I’ve done everything you wanted me to – I want to make things right!” protests Tyler, but the door is slammed in his face.  
His temper at fever pitch . . .
 He heads back towards the Deri, as inside the door, Iolo is in a furious temper, and seeking something on which to vent his fury, 
. . . Iolo wreaks havoc in the room
flings the Christmas tree across the room, then smashes it against the wall, knocking the ornaments flying.   
He subsides to the floor, sobbing piteously
He collapses in a heap on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably.
Tyler sadly shakes his head
In the Deri, Tyler is seen entering, carrying the bag;   
There is a considerable enmity . . .
Garry and 
. . . between these two
Dani look at each other.