18 December 2019 (2nd)

Brenda is going out somewhere
Next morning, Gerwyn comes home for something to eat and finds his mother preparing to go out somewhere;  
"A spin with a gentleman caller"
“Out for a spin with a gentleman caller,” she says, cryptically.   
Jaclyn is poring over the Western Post . . .
Jaclyn is looking through the job vacancy adverts in the paper, 
. . . looking for a job
particularly one for an experienced cook at a four-star restaurant.
"I'm fed up with those two lovebirds flirting!"
“I’m fed up with those two lovebirds flirting in Tapas,” she tells him, “I’m serious, Ger – there are enough pheromones zipping around with Guto and Tes – I don’t want to have to put up with him as well!”
Gerwyn points out the advantages of working at Tapas
Gerwyn points out that she has a job 300 yards away from her bed;  “You get an easy ride with the boss, lots of holidays, good tips – what’s going on?”   
"He's been bullying you, hasn't he?"
Brenda suspects that Dylan has been bullying her, 
Jaclyn comes up with an outlandish exceuse
so Jaclyn thinks up an excuse, that she accidentally pulled out the plug of the fridge freezer, and everything was spoiled.
Brenda cannot believe that would result in her being sacked;  “Your own brother sacked you just before Christmas?” Gerwyn demands, 
"Right, we'll see about that!"
“Right – we’ll see about that!” and rushes out of the house, before Jaclyn can stop him.
"So I'm forgiven, am I?"
In Tapas, Dylan is wheedling his way back into Sara’s affections;  “So I’m forgiven?” he asks, and that she warns him that if he disappears like that again, he will not be so lucky.
"This is another level of cheek!"
Their kiss is interrupted by Gerwyn, who snarls, “You’ve always been brash, but this is another level of cheek!”   
"You can't come marching in here!"
Sara objects to him marching in there, and he comments, “Here’s Tweedledee backing him up!   
"Sacking your sister just before Christmas!"
“What’s wrong with you?   Sacking your sister just before Christmas!”
Gerwyn realises that Sara did not know;  “Looks like you’re not that important in this setup!” he goes on, and Sara wants to know what is going on.   
"We had an argument"
Dylan has to think quickly, and comes up with the explanation that he and Jaclyn had an argument;  
"You sacked her for pulling out the plug?"
Gerwyn furiously stresses, “You sacked her for taking the plug out of the fridge freezer!” and Dylan says that the food was all spoiled.   Sara reminds him that the insurance would have covered it.
"He's spoiled our Christmas!"
“Of course, you don’t care about the fact he’s spoiled our Christmas!” Gerwyn rages.   Dylan comments about how stubborn Jaclyn is, and that he has tried to apologise.
"We'll both go over and sort this out"
Sara decides what they are going to do;  “We’ll both go over to talk to Jaclyn and sort this mess out – now, Dylan!”   
If looks could kill . . .
Gerwyn glowers at them both, shakes his head and walks out.    Sara informs Dylan, “Things were easier when you weren’t here!”
Eileen loads up the hampers for delivery
At Penrhewl, Eileen is loading hampers into the 4x4 and tells Eifion that he has better get on with delivering them, but he cannot find the keys, and has already wasted ten minutes looking for them.   
"I bet the keys are in Jim's pocket!"
“I bet they’re in Jim’s pocket,” he growls, “Where is he?   Skiving again in that dinky car, is he?”
"He's out, looking for some nutmeg for me"
Eileen lies that Jim is out, looking for some nutmeg for her;  “And probably gone the long way round to avoid doing some work!” suspects Eifion.   She tells him to look in the shed, as Jim might have left them there;  
Eileen is about to make a phone call
Eifion walks off, muttering, and Eileen gets out her phone to make a call.
"Sorry, Eileen, I don't know when she'll be back"
At Maes-y-Deri, the phone rings and Debbie finds that it is Eileen, asking when Kath will be back, but Debbie does not know the answer to that.   
Eileen is desperate for some help at the farm

Eileen wails, “We’re completely desperate – I don’t want to take anyone else on if she’s coming back in a few days.   There’s plenty of people who would appreciate the work, but I’ll try to keep the job open for Kath.”
"I could come over and help"
Debbie suggests that she could come over to help out, and, prompted by Mark, adds, “I’ll do it for free!”   Eileen agrees to this and asks her to hurry over, as they are very busy.   
"Mam will be grateful when she finds out"
Mark reminds Debbie that it is the season of goodwill, and his mother will be grateful when she finds out that Debbie kept the job for her.   
"Let's have a cup of tea, then I'll take you over"
“We’ll have a quick cup of tea, and then I’ll take you over there,” he says.
Dylan initially does not want to say anything . . .
Sara and Dylan have arrived at number 10, and he is reluctant to say anything, but after some goading by Sara, 
. . . but then he promises Jaclyn double pay over Christmas 
tells Jaclyn, “I’m sorry – I was thoughtless – I’ll pay you double over Christmas if you come back.”   Brenda likes the sound of this, and he goes on that he will stock the kitchen for her;  
Jaclyn is not impressed
Jaclyn does not reply.   
"I can't stand the place without you there"
Sara also pleads with her to return, maintaining she cannot stand being in the place without Jaclyn there.
"Oh, that's my gentleman friend!"
There is the sound of a car horn outside, and Brenda realises that it is her gentleman friend;  she advises Jaclyn not to turn down the double-pay, as it will buy lots of gin.
"I can't work with him any more!"
Jaclyn declares that she is really sorry, but she cannot work with him any more, and Dylan wants that to be an end of it, and to get out of the house, but Sara tries to find some middle ground.   
Dylan walks out
He walks out of the door, and Sara asks Jaclyn if there is anything she should know.   
"Never run a business with friends and family!"
Jaclyn advises her, “It’s true what they say – never run a business with friends and family!”
"You've got to settle up that debt with Price"
Garry is sweeping up in the Deri when Gerwyn comes in, reminding him that he needs to pay Price, who is wanting him to clear the debt, and Garry agrees that he will deal with it.   
"Not looking for an extra chef, are you?"
“You’re not looking for an extra chef over Christmas, are you?” Gerwyn asks, “It’s Jaclyn – she and Dylan have quarrelled!”   
"They will have made up by lunchtime"
Garry predicts that they will have made up by lunchtime, but Gerwyn reveals that he has sacked her;  “His own sister – but I don’t know why I’m surprised – he’s a swine!   If anything comes up, can you keep Jaclyn in mind?”
"I've made an appointment for you at the surgery"
Cassie has just come into the bar, and wants a word with Mr Monk, as she calls him, but he says he is about to go for a run;  “You’ll have to hurry then – I’ve made an appointment for you at the surgery,” she informs him, “It’s with the nurse.”
"Well, you'll have to cancel it, won't you?"
He instructs her that she will have to cancel it, as he is not going anywhere near that surgery.
"I've tried every agency, Dylan"
At Tapas, Sara has tried every agency and no-one is available;  Dylan will try a couple of his contacts, but Sara suggests that he just apologises to Jaclyn.   
"She said she doesn't want to work here any more!"
“You heard her – she doesn’t want to work here any more!” he replies, but she emphasises that it does not make sense to argue over the freezer.
"What's going on, Dylan?"
She knows very well that something else is going on;  “You disappear to check a few houses – and then you come back and sack your sister!”   
"Nothing is going on . . ."
He is in danger of losing his temper, points out that nothing is going on, and wants to concentrate on getting a new chef.
“I know you don’t like talking about things, but I am your partner,” Sara reminds him.
". . . how many more times?"
He shouts, “Nothing is going on – how many more times?   You know everything!”
"Do you think I'm stupid?"
“Do you think I’m stupid?” she asks, “When I asked Jaclyn, the only thing she said was that it was a mistake to run a business with friends and family.   What did she mean by that?”   
Dylan looks ready to blow a fuse
He growls that he does not know.
"I was married to someone who hid things from me"
“I was married to someone who hid things from me – I’m not doing it again!” she exclaims, 
Sara threatens to leave . . .
“Tell me – or I’m leaving!”   
. . . then carries out her threat
As he does not answer, she picks up her things and walks out of Tapas.
"Jim, please phone me!"
Eileen is now becoming very worried, and leaves another message on his phone;  “Jim, please phone me – I want to know you’re all right!”   
"I need a rest, after all that driving yesterday"
She tells Eifion that Jim has not been able to find a nutmeg anywhere, and will be a while yet.   Eifion says he may as well take a rest, after all the driving he did yesterday, 
"You were the last one to take the car, weren't you?"
and then Eileen suddenly realises he was the last one to take the car, when he went to Pont Rhyd Ddu.   It now dawns on him that he knows where the keys are, and he hurries out just as Debbie and Mark arrive.
"Wonder Woman's here to save the day!"
“Wonder Woman’s here to save the day!” Debbie announces, and Eileen groans that it will take a miracle to fill all these hampers.   
Now the car is malfunctioning
As Debbie gets to work, Eifion comes in with the unfortunate news that the car’s engine is not turning, and it is making a strange noise;  he hopes that Gerwyn is free to come over.
Eileen is panicking;  “I promised Bryn Eithin they would have their hamper before lunch,” so Debbie suggests that Mark could take it in his Mail van, 
Mark is not keen to use the Royal Mail van
but he looks rather hesitant.
Jaclyn come out of the house
As Jaclyn comes out of number 10, she encounters Dylan, 
Someone is watching this difference of opinion
who demands, “What have you been telling Sara?” but she warns him not to touch her.   “Remember whose idea it was to move the body,” he growls, as we can see that Sara is watching them from the alley.   
"You'r DNA will be on that body somewhere!"
“Your DNA will be on that body somewhere,” he threatens, “One call to the police and you’ll be in jail!   You don’t know who you're dealing with, Jacs, OK?   Stay away from Sara!”
"What has happened to you, Dyl?"
She wonders what has happened to him, as she turns and walks away, 
Sara emerges from her hidingplace
meeting Sara by the alley;  
"If you've got any sense, leave Dylan!"
“If you’ve got any sense, leave Dylan – he’s not to be trusted!” warns Jaclyn.
"Your appointment's in 45 minutes"
In the Deri, Cassie tells Garry to get a move on, as his appointment is in 45 minutes;  
"As I said, you're going to cancel it!"
he tells her that she is going to cancel it, but she points out that he is worrying unnecessarily about his health.   “You need the nurse to tell you you’re healthy, so you’re going!”
"You can't force me, all right?"
When he points so that she cannot force him, and assumes that they understand each other, 
"If you don't go, I'll tell Dani"
Cassie goes on, “If you don’t go, I’ll tell Dani exactly what you’re worried about – that’s the deal!”   
"That's blackmail!"
Garry regards this as blackmail, but Cassie stresses that it is for his own good;  
"Then you can relax over Christmas"
“When you hear that you’re fine, you can relax over Christmas – I mean it!”  
Garry walks out of the Deri
Garry walks away without a word.
Jim arrives back in the village
The yellow sports car pulls up outside Bethania;
"You've been a real tonic, Branda!"
“Thanks for today – you’ve been a real tonic, Jim tells Brenda.   She has enjoyed it, and feels like a teenager;  
"We shall have to do this again"
she insists they will have to do it again.   She gives him a kiss, and accuses him of blushing, which she says makes him even more sexy.
She confirms that she will not mention a word to Eileen – or anyone else, and he tells her to get out, before anyone sees.   
She gets out, and he roars away up the High Street
He restarts the car, with a roar and accelerates up the High Street.
"Is this one called 'Goliath'?"
At Penrhewl, Debbie is packing a turkey into its box, wondering if it is called Goliath;  “I hope that ‘Goliath’ will impress the councillors at their Christmas dinner tomorrow,” comments Eileen, 
The 'Cae Glas' sticker goes on the box
and Debbie affixes the Cae Glas sticker.
"You won't get the part this side of Christmas"
Eifion comes in with Gerwyn, who has bad news;  “I know why it won’t start – the problem is, you won’t get parts for it this side of Christmas.”      He has been phoning all over the place for the last half hour.
Eileen wonders how they will deliver the hampers, 
"We shall have to hire a van"
and Eifion suggests they will have to hire a van, but Gerwyn reckons it is doubtful whether anything will be available just before Christmas.   
"Mark can help you with the post van"
Debbie thinks that Mark may help them out again, suggesting that if they keep Kath’s job open and pay the petrol money, everyone will be happy.   
"That would be great, Debbie"
They are very grateful to her.
"Too important to look after your own family, are you?
Garry is just returning from the surgery, and is not in a good mood;  he meets Dylan and remarks, “I hear you’re too important to look after your own family.   I hope you do a better job with Sara and Ifan!”
He does not want an employee who cannot cook
Then Dylan notices Sara walking past the estate agent’s;  he receives a phone call about a prospective employee, but they cannot cook, 
"We shall have to close, then"
so Sara realises that they will have to close.  
"I'm not interested in any more lies!"
“I’m not interested in any more lies!” she says, and walks away from him.
Garry smiles as he watches them, 
"What did the nurse say, then?"
then meets Cassie outside the Deri, who asks what the nurse said;  
"The blood test results won't be ready until after Christmas!"
he snarls, “My blood pressure is too high, and the results of the blood test won’t be ready until after Christmas!   So I’m really going to enjoy myself, aren’t I?   I shall be even more worried now!   
"Stick to serving people – that's what I pay you for!"
“Do me a favour, Cass – stick to washing glasses and serving people – that’s what I pay you to do!”
"I don't have a clue what's in half of them!"
Debbie has been working well at Penrhewl, and is rewarded with a mug of tea;  “I’ve enjoyed myself, seeing what all these people have ordered – I don’t have a clue what’s in half of them.”   Eileen maintains they are just trying to be posh at Christmas.  
Jim is back from his joyride
Then Jim comes in, and Eileen asks him if there was any nutmeg between there and Carmarthen;  “You haven’t forgotten, have you?”   
"There was no nutmeg anywhere"
He improvises that there was not any nutmeg to be had anywhere.   She informs him that the car has broken down, 
"How are we going to cope?"
and he demands how they will cope;  
"Mark has taken the deliveries in the Post Van"
“Mark has taken the deliveries in the Post Van, and Debbie has been working like a trooper,” Eileen reports.
Debbie enquires whether she has worked hard enough to get a free turkey, but is disappointed to be told that the turkeys are all sold out.   
"I think I'm going to enjoy working here"
“I think I’m going to enjoy working here,” she says, helping herself to a biscuit.
Sara finds Tapas is closed
Sara reaches the door of Tapas to find a notice affixed to it, proclaiming that it is closed until further notice.   
"I want to talk to you, Sara"
As she turns to go, Dylan emerges from the door, and wants to talk to her;  
"Are you going to tell the truth?"
she asks if he is going to tell the truth.   
Now he comes up with a different lie
“I’ve being keeping a secret from you,” he begins, “I asked Jaclyn for some help.   I asked her to run Tapas over Christmas, because I wanted to take you away to Thailand – I wanted it to be a surprise.   When I asked her, she lost her temper and said I was selfish – that I was choosing you over her and the children.   
"People have no idea what she's like with me!"
“To everyone else she comes over as lovely – and she is – but they have no idea what she’s like with me!   I don’t think she can deal with the fact her little brother is her boss.”
"That's ridiculous, Dylan!"
Sara regards this as totally ridiculous, and he maintains that is why he had enough and sacked her;  “I know I should have been honest from the start, but I didn’t want you to think any less of her.   
"Please don't say anything to Jaclyn"
“Please don’t say anything to her.   She’s obviously embarrassed – that’s why she won’t tell the truth – why she made up that cover story about the freezer plug.”
She seems taken in by this fantasy
This little fantasy has had the desired effect, and now Sara feels sorry for Jaclyn and apologises for having a go at him;  “I feel awful now, after you’ve organised this holiday for us.”   
"Do you fancy Christmas in Thailand?"
He asks if she fancies Christmas in Thailand, 
He wears a self-satisfied smirk
and she embraces him, much to his satisfaction.