4 December 2019 (1st)

"The person you have called is not answering"
Anita is attempting to contact Kelly, but receives no reply;  
Anita hurries out of the hosue
she puts on her coat and leaves the house.   
"Have you seen the garage's VAT book?"
Dani is sitting quietly when Garry asks her if she has seen the garage’s VAT book, and wonders if she is OK, as she seems rather preoccupied.   
She alleges she is fine, and says that she has not contacted Tyler, considering that he needs a bit of space.   
"It's important that you look after yourself, Dani"
Garry points out that it is important she looks after herself, after all she has been through, instead of taking on everyone else’s problems.   
"I'm lucky to have you"
She supposes that he is right;  “I’m lucky to have you,” but he warns her not to go over the top, adding that he is going back to the garage now.
"Do you have to go, Gar?"
“Do you have to go?” she pleads, 
"We don't have the flat to ourselves very often"
and kisses him;  he protests that he does not have time for this now, but she insists, “We don’t have the flat to ourselves very often.”
"You haven't been 'in the mood' lately"
He reminds her that she has not been ‘in the mood’ lately, 
"But I'm 'in the mood' now!"
and she informs him that she is in the mood now.   “No, no – I’ve got stuff to do!” he says, “I’ll see you later,” and on his way out, again asks, “Are you sure you’re all right?”   Dani assures him that she is fine.
"Still in the doghouse with Gaynor?"
Hywel walks along the street and meets Eifion, who asks if he is still in the doghouse with Gaynor;  he agrees that unfortunately he is, 
"He won't report her to the governors"
and Eifion is sure that Tyler will not report her to the governors.   
"Use a bit of charm on her"
Hywel is less confident of that, so Eifion instructs him to use his charm on her.   “She needs a bit of romance – she isn’t hard to please, is she?   
"A romantic dinner will do the trick!"
“Trust me – a romantic dinner, good food, good wine – you’ll soon be back in the good books.”
Hywel is reluctant to take advice from him, but is wished good luck;  he walks across the road towards the café, 
"We have to stop Kelly!"
where Anita is joining Sara at a table.   “I need your help,” Anita says, “We have to stop Kelly – she is considering giving Paul away.   
"Will you try to get her to see sense?"
“She’s not thinking straight – would you be able to try and get her to see sense?   She doesn’t want to listen to anything I’ve got to say.”
Sara will go and speak to her
Sara is glad that she has been told, and will go to talk to Kelly, 
"I'm very grateful, Sara"
which is a great weight off Anita’s mind.
"Why have I been summoned?"
Dani has prepared soup for Garry’s lunch, and he is surprised at being called back from the garage;  
"Instead of a sandwich in that garage"
“I thought you would like a nice lunch here, instead of a sandwich in the garage,” she says, then continues, 
"Then you can thank me properly!"
“And after you’ve finished it, you can thank me properly.”
"Not six months – I'm ready now!"
He wonders what is wrong with her today, but she maintains that she has just missed him, and is becoming increasingly amorous.   “I don’t want to wait six months – I’m ready now!” she announces, 
"It's too early, Dan"
but he is of the opinion that it is too early.
"If I say I'm ready, then I'm ready!"
“Garry, if I say I’m ready, then I’m ready!” Dani insists, but he tells her to stop, which alarms her.   
"I don't want another baby, Dan"
He spells it out that he does not want another baby – he does not want any more children.  
This is not good news to Dani
Dani looks aghast to hear this.
"Mam – is that you?"
Izzy arrives home at Llwyncelyn, and Hywel comes downstairs, 
"I'm arranging a surprise for your mother"
informing her that he is arranging a surprise for her mother;  
"How did you get in?"
“How did you get in?” Izzy demands, and he says that he knows where the key is kept.
"Would you mind not being here tonight?"
“I wanted to ask you a favour,” he begins, “Would you mind not being here tonight?”   
"Thowing me out of my own home?"
She is surprised that he is throwing her out of her own home, and he explains that her mother works so hard, he wanted to do something nice.
"How much are you offering?"
“How much are you offering me not to be here tonight?” demands Izzy, “I was looking forward to an evening in front of the box!   How about enough to cover the price of a meal for two in the Deri?”   He can see that she and Eifion have planned this, and she suggests a round figure of £50;  “Or we could come here and watch some films.”   
The money changes hands
As expected, Hywel capitulates and hands over the money.
"Behave yourself with my mother!"
“Right, enjoy your evening, and behave yourself with my mother!” she instructs as she leaves the house.
"So this 'six months' was just rubbish?"
Dani comes to the conclusion that the six months Garry mentioned before  was just rubbish, 
"You were putting me under pressure"

but he explains that she was putting him under pressure, and he had to say something.   “The truth would have been nice,” she replies, 
"We don't have to put a time limit on it, do we?"
“I’m willing to wait – we don’t have to put a time limit on it, do we?”
"I don't want any more children, Dan"
Garry reiterates that he meant what he said, 
"You never want another baby?"
and she gasps, “So you never want another baby?” and she is reduced to tears.   He points out that he loves her, but has already lost three babies;  
"I can't cope with losing another one!"
he does not think he can cope with losing another one.
“Who’s to say that it will happen again?” she demands, and he answers that it might;  he hates seeing her suffer, and regards losing the baby as some sort of sign.
"One in four pregnant women suffer a miscarriage"
“No, Garry, because one in four pregnant women suffer a miscarriage!” she rages, but he thinks that perhaps they are not supposed to have more children, 
"We need to concentrate on the children we have"
and she realises that he is serious.   He maintains that they need to concentrate on the children that they already have.
"You know how I'm worrying about Gwern"
Garry reminds her, “You know how much I’m worrying about Gwern – and Seren is a handful with the ‘terrible twos’.   We’ve got a good life here – why spoil it?”
"Why do you always get to make the decisions?"
She screams at him, “You’re so selfish!   Leave me alone!   Why do you always get to make the decisions?” and she walks out of the room.
"I don't know how you could even think about it"
Sara brings Kelly a cup of tea;  “But giving your baby away, Kelly – I don’t know how you could even think about doing that,” she says.   
"I'm putting his needs before my own"
Kelly explains that it is because she loves him so much, she is willing to put his needs before her own.   
"Why don't you move away?"
Sara accepts this, but wonders why they do not both move away;  Kelly is quite clear, 
"I'm always going to know that Ed's his father"
“Because it doesn’t matter where we live, I’m always always going to know that Ed is his father.”   
Sara appreciates that she says she will not change her mind;  
"I was gutted!"
“But when I found out I was carrying a baby with Down’s Syndrome, I was gutted! He wasn’t the baby I had imagined I’d have.   But, do you know what?   I love him more than the whole world – the point I’m trying to make is, sometimes you’ve got the perfect image of something in your mind, but life doesn’t always work out the way you imagined.”
"I'm not going to change or regret my decision"
Kelly understands that Sara is trying to help, but is adamant that she is not going to change or regret her decision.   Sara points out, “Listen, you’re a single mother, and you didn’t expect . . . you’re in shock, but you’ll come round.”
"If you can't support me, you might as well go"
Kelly points out that she is not doing this flippantly;  “I don’t know what else to tell you – if you can’t support me, you might as well go.   I’m fed up with having to explain myself to everyone.   I’m doing the right thing – for him!”   
"I'm just worried about you, Kelly"
Sara is willing to accept that, but is just worried about Kelly;  
"For the first time in ages, I feel fine"
“There’s no need to be – for the first time in ages, I feel fine,” Kelly replies.
"What are you going to do with the salon?"
Hywel is walking towards the garage, wanting a word with Garry;  “About the salon,” he says, “What are you going to do with it?   It’s a mess – and bad for business.   
"The Council's on my back!"
“Look, I’ve asked you three times, and the Council’s on my back!”   
"I don't want any more pressure for Dani"
Garry confides in him that things have been difficult for Dani recently, and he does not want to put her under any more pressure.   Hywel just wants him to talk to her about it, 
Garry is in danger of losing his temper
but Garry is becoming angry, so Hywel walks away.
Hywel meets Sara, on her way to the Deri
Sara is heading towards the Deri 
"Did you have a word with Kelly?"
when she is accosted by Anita;  “Did you have a word with her?” she asks, 
"She's still adamant that she's doing the right thing"
but is disappointed when Sara reports that Kelly is still adamant that she is doing the right thing.   
"She's not doing the right thing!"
“But she’s not, is she?” rants Anita, “That’s the whole point!”
Sara knows that this is extremely hard for her;  
"It would help if you accepted Kelly's decision"
“But I respect Kelly’s decision.   It would help her if you tried to do the same.”   
Anita is not going to let the matter rest
However, Anita is determined not to let the matter rest.
Now Gaynor visits the garage
Now Gaynor pays a visit the garage, where Garry is simply sitting and thinking;  
"What can I do for you – MOT – service?"
he says that he has a lot on his plate.   “What can I do for you – MOT – service?” he asks, but she is there about a different matter.
She has good news about Gwern's behaviour . . .
“I just wanted to say that Gwern’s behaviour has improved significantly,” 
. . . which pleases Garry
and Garry is very pleased to hear that, thanking her for the information.
Now Anita is determined to enlist Dani's help
Upstairs in the Deri flat, Anita bursts in, insisting that she needs Dani’s help.   
"Yes, I heard that last week"
“Kelly’s thinking about putting Paul up for adoption!”   Dani already heard about that last week, which offends Anita, 
"But she only told me yesterday"
as she was only told yesterday.   “That just goes to prove that her head isn’t in the right place!” she rages, “It’s obvious it’s the Post Natal Depression talking here!”
"Kelly's not depressed, Anita"
Dani explains that she is not depressed, but Anita cannot see any other reason;   
"Dani, you have to persuade her!"
“It’s obvious that she isn’t thinking straight, Dani – you have to go and talk to her to persuade her to change her mind!   She’s not listening to me!”
"If you love someone, you accept what they want"
Irritatedly, Dani replies, “Sometimes, Anita, if you love someone, you accept what they want – even if you don’t like it yourself.”   
"Kelly's not in the same position as you"
Anita explains that Dani is not in the same position as she is, but Dani is unmoved;  
"I think Kelly knows exactly what she's doing"
“I know you don’t want to hear this – but I think Kelly knows exactly what she’s doing.   Just leave her alone – that’s what I’m doing, anyway.” 
Anita scowls and walks out
As this is not what Anita wanted to hear, she storms out of the flat.
Hywel is on his hands and knees
Hywel is not having the best of days;  when Gaynor returns home, 
"I knocked this candle on the floor . . ."
she finds him trying to remove candle wax from the floor.   
". . . and the Wi-Fi has stopped working!"
He also complains that there is supposed to be music playing, but the Wi-Fi is not working.   
Now he has noticed something else . . .
She assumes that everything else is fine, and then he opens the oven door;  
. . . dinner is more than slightly overdone
the obligatory cloud of smoke is emitted, indicating that their dinner is burned, and he moans that he had been preparing that for hours.
“It was intended to destress you because of this Tyler business,” he groans, 
"I'm not the one who's stressed here!"
and Gaynor comes to the conclusion she is not the one who is stressed.   She tells him to leave it, 
"We'll go to the Deri instead"
and they will go to the Deri instead.
Garry creeps into the flat . . .
In the Deri flat, Dani is listening to music and thinking;  
. . . and hesitantly sits beside Dani
Garry comes in very cautiously and sits by her.   She assures him that she loves him;  
"If you don't want any more, we won't have any more"
“And if you don’t want any more children, we won’t have any more children.”   
"Are you sure, Dan?"
He asks if she is sure about that, 
"Another baby isn't going to replace ours"
and she replies, “Another baby isn’t going replace ours, is it?”
"Gwern's behaviour has improved"
“I saw Gaynor earlier,” he says, “She had good news about Gwern – his behaviour in school has improved – so it makes sense that he comes with us to America.”   
"I don't think we should go, Garry"
Dani does not think that they should go, as everything is rather overwhelming at the moment;  “And after what’s happened today . . .”   
"We need 'time out', Dan"
He, on the other hand, maintains that is why they should go, as they need ‘time out’, which will do both of them a world of good.   
"Perhaps you're right, Gar"
She ponders this, and realises that perhaps he is right.
"It was your fault, Eifion!"
Hywel and Gaynor arrive at the Deri, and he emphasises that he does not want to talk about the meal, blaming Eifion for the fact that it went wrong.   “Let’s just say I nearly had to call the Fire Brigade, because I knocked a candle over, and burned the meat!”
"I didn't mean burn her house down!"
“I meant take Gaynor out for a romantic meal, not burn her house down!” laughs Eifion, “Thanks for the food, by the way – we’ve just ordered!”
"Food?   What food?"
Gaynor is puzzled by this, so Izzy enlightens her;  
"We were blackmailed to stay away!"
“We were blackmailed to stay away from Llwyncelyn.”   
"Are drinks part of the deal?"
Eifion enquires if drinks are part of the agreement, and Gaynor agrees that they are.
"You've made such a mess of my home!"
“Hywel, I expect you to buy me dinner, as you’ve made such a mess of my home!” she tells him, “So a bottle of red wine, and whatever they want.”
"I want you to come as soon as you can . . ."
Still in an anguished state, Anita is at Y Felin, making a phone call;  “I want you to come here as soon as you can, 
". . . before Kelly does something she'll regret!"
“before Kelly does something she’ll regret for the rest of her life – please!”