3 December 2019

"Coffee and toast, Tyler"
Next morning, Iolo has prepared coffee and toast for Tyler, and says that he looks better today, although Tyler does not feel any better.   
"It's only a matter of time before they clear your name"
“Look, it’s only a matter of time before your name’s cleared,” Iolo insists, but then there is a knock at the door, and Tyler fears that the police are back.
"Can we have a word in private?"
However, the visitor is Gaynor, who requires a word with Tyler;  she asks to speak with him in private, but Tyler replies that they do not have any secrets.   
"When were you going to tell me?"
“When were you going to tell me?” she demands, and he says that he did not want to worry her.   “Well, I am worried – the school has just promoted you, and now our good name is at stake again.”   Iolo interrupts to say that Tyler has not done anything, 
"I have to suspend you"
but Gaynor announces, “I’m sorry, as you’re under police investigation, I have to suspend you.”   
"But I haven't been arrested"
Tyler points out that he has not been arrested, but her main concern is to protect the school.
Iolo describes this as totally unfair, and Gaynor hopes that he is right;  “But I have to say I’m very uncomfortable that this has raised its head again.   
"Is there any basis to these allegations?"
“It does beg the question, did we get the full story last time?   Is there any basis to these allegations?”
Iolo wants Gaynor to leave
Iolo is now becoming angry;  “I can’t believe you asked that – can you leave?” and Gaynor does so.   
"I know you're innocent, Ty!"
“Don’t listen to her, Ty,” he says, “I know you’re innocent, and we’ll prove that to everyone!”
"Stop being so positive all the time, will you?"
Irritated, Tyler shouts at him, “Stop being so positive all the time, will you?” and disappears upstairs.
"The gym will never be finished at this rate"
As they leave Cysgod y Glyn, Rhys moans, “Jason is so slow – the gym will never be finished at this rate,” but Ffion had a word with him last week and seems confident that he will not let them down.   
“Well, I can’t see that your chat has had any effect,” Rhys goes on.   


"Just have patience, Rhys"
She urges him to have patience.
"I've suspended Tyler from school"
As they are passing Bethania they are met by Gaynor, who advises that she has just been to see Tyler;  “I’ve suspended him from school.”   Ffion deduces that this leaves her without a deputy.   “It will only be temporary,” Gaynor continues.
"You daren't admit you chose the wrong person"
“Of course, you daren’t admit that you chose the wrong person,” growls Ffion, 
"I'm trying to be professional here, Ffion"
but Gaynor says that she is trying to be professional here, and wonders if she will do the job.   “Are you asking?” says Ffion, with a note of surprise in her voice, and Gaynor admits that she is, 
Ffion is given the job, albeit temporarily
so Ffion graciously agrees.
"Not a nice way to talk to your mother-in-law!"
As Gaynor stalks away, Rhys remarks, “That wasn’t a nice way to talk to your mother-in-law!” 
"Shut it, Rhys!"
and Ffion tells him to shut up.
Debbie and Mark sort the Christmas decorations
Debbie and Mark are sorting through the Christmas decorations, and Mark is trying to find some that match;  
"We need some sort of colour scheme"
“Since when have you worried about things matching?” Debbie demands, and he maintains that they need some kind of colour scheme.   Josh is sitting silently, watching them from the armchair.
She finds a decoration dating back several years
They find one decoration from when Ricky was six years old, which brings tears to her eyes;  
This proves too much for Debbie
Mark assures her that Ricky will not hold a grudge for ever, and that he still loves her.   She decides, “I’m going back to Gwyneth’s house – I can’t stay here – I should never have come back here!”
"Where's she going, then?"
Kath wonders where she is going, as she rushes out of the front door, and Mark is about to follow, but is urged by his mother to let her go;  he takes no notice.   
"You should be ashamed of yourself, Kath Jones!"
“What’s your problem?” asks Josh, “I know, Kath – I know everything – and you should be ashamed of yourself!”
"I thought we were getting on well last week"
In the village, as they walk past the bus stop, Mark does not understand;  “I thought we were getting on well last week,” but Debbie answers that she had to, for her father, because he was ill. 
"He pretended to be ill – to get us back together"
“But he’s not ill!” she goes on, “He pretended – to try to get us back together.   I told him it was a stupid idea, and I didn’t want to be part of it!”
"And you didn't think to share that with me?"
“And you didn’t think to share that with me?” rages Mark, but she insists that they are never going to be able to get back together.   
Gwen wonder why the raised voices
“Why?   It’s obvious to me you’ve still got feelings for me, so why hide that?”
“This isn’t a good idea!” she panics, and tries to walk away, but Mark is having none of that.   
"Why are you so determined to have a divorce, then?"
“What do you expect me to say?   Of course I’ve still got feelings for you!” she admits.   He demands why she is so determined to have a divorce, in that case, and begs her to tell him.
"You have to be honest with me!"
“If you want to save our marriage, you have to be honest with me!” he stresses.
"Why would you want to trick us all like that?"
“So you’re not ill?” says Kath, confused, “Why would you want to trick us all like that?   Have you lost your mind?”   
"I was doing the right thing for our children"
He replies that he wanted to do the right thing for their children – to reunite two who love each other.   
"This is all Debbie's idea!"
“Ah – this is all Debbie’s idea,” assumes Kath, “She sent you over here to lie to us all, 
"No, it was nothing to do with Debbie"
but he points out that it was his idea, and nothing to do with Debbie.
"Take a look at yourself, Kath Jones!"
She does not believe him, so Josh tells her to take a look at herself;  “Who wouldn’t do anything to save their marriage – especially a marriage worth saving?”
"After what she's done?"
“Tell me what’s worth saving in that marriage, after what she’s done?” shouts Kath, and he replies that it is not their decision to make.   “Dealing drugs, Josh!” she rants, “Getting youngsters to help her – 
"Endangering her own son's life!"
“and worse than that, endangering her own son’s life!”
"Do you want to be responsible for shattering his happiness?"
Josh concedes that she has made a huge mistake;  “But Mark seems to have forgiven her.   Do you want to be responsible for shattering his marriage and his happiness?”   She declares that he does not know the half of it, and continues with the washing-up. 
Anita and Kelly decorate the Christmas tree
In the café flat, Kelly and Anita are decorating the Christmas tree;  Anita has one last item to hang on the tree.   
Anita has one finishing touch . . .
It is a card reading, “Christmas Greetings, Mami,” accompanied by Paul’s hand-print, and Kelly is unimpressed, wanting to know when Anita made that.
. . . and Kelly is far from happy
“What’s wrong is that you’ve gone behind my back!” Kelly snarls, 
"I thought you would like it"
but Anita thought she would like it, and wonders why she is so angry.   “I don’t want a stupid Christmas decoration – and neither does Paul!” Kelly rages, “I’m his mother!”
No, Anita, Amanda is Paul's grandmother
Anita maintains that she is his grandmother, (which is not strictly accurate) and thought she was doing something nice;  “Something you could both look back on in years to come.”
"I want you to leave now, Auntie Neet!"
Kelly would like her to leave now;  “I mean it!” she exclaims;  Anita takes offence and walks out of the flat, 
Kelly makes a phone call
while Kelly makes a phone call.   
"I want to talk to someone about my baby"
“I’m just wondering if I can talk to somebody about my baby, please,” she begins, as Paul starts to cry.
"Debs, tell me what's going on!"
Mark and Debbie are sitting on the bench by the alley, and he pleads that she should tell him what is going on;  she just wants them to forget that she said anything.   
"I want to know why you've started the divorce process"
“I want to know why you’ve started the divorce process when you don’t want one,” he explains.   
"You don't really want to know, Mark"
Debbie replies that he does not want to know, but he is insistent;  
"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me the truth!"
“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me the truth!   You said you never wanted to have a divorce!”
She explains what Kath demanded
After a long pause, Debbie confesses, “She said unless I divorced you, she would tell the police everything about the drugs – your mother!”   Mark looks devastated.
Paul is his usual placid self
Kelly ends her phone call, expressing her gratitude for their help, just as Anita comes back up the stairs, in a more conciliatory mood.   
Anita is more apologetic now
“I don’t want to argue,” she says, “I just don’t know what I’ve done wrong.”
"A nice idea – but pointless"
Kelly is becoming emotional, and says that it was a nice idea, but pointless;  
"I'm putting him up for adoption"
taking a deep breath, she explains, “I’m putting him up for adoption.”   Anita cannot believe this, 
She wants him free of Ed's shadow
as Kelly elaborates, “I have to – it’s the only way he can grow up out of Ed’s shadow.”
"He doesn't have to know who his father is"
Anita insists that she does not have to tell him about Ed, and he does not need to know who his father is;  “It’s the only option – please!” says Kelly, raising her voice, “You think everyone in Cwmderi will keep their traps shut?   I don’t think so.”
"You can't give him away!"
Anita is adamant that she cannot give her baby away;  “That’s not the answer.”   
"It's the right thing to do"
Kelly is equally determined that it is the answer;  “It’s the right thing to do,” 
Anita is silenced, temporarily
and Anita is, for once, speechless.
"I was disappointed that Gaynor suspended me"
At number 7, Iolo sits quietly with one of Greta’s toys;  Tyler comes downstairs to apologise, maintaining he was disappointed when Gaynor suspended him, and should not have taken it out on Iolo.   
"It's not easy for me, either"
Iolo points out that it is not easy for him either;  “People gossiping about us – suspecting you – we’re going to be the subject of gossip here again.”   
"I wish I could throttle that Aled!"
Tyler wishes that he could throttle that Aled, and Iolo does not understand how he could be so cruel.   
"Allegations like that can destroy families"
“Doesn’t he realise that allegations like this can destroy families?” but Tyler is sure that will not happen, 
"We're 'solid', aren't we, Iol?"
as they are ‘solid’, as he puts it.   
Iolo seems to be less sure of that
Iolo appears to be somewhat doubtful about that, but admits that he has had enough.   Tyler apologises again for his mood this morning, acknowledging that it is not fair on Iolo, 
"Staying here isn't doing me any good
and staying at home is not doing him any good.
Iolo suggests that they go to the Deri;  
"Let's go – I haven't got anything to hide"
“Yes, to prove that I have nothing to hide,” agrees Tyler.
"Dani is organising a party for Garry"
In the Deri, Gaynor joins Hywel and informs him that Dani is organising a surprise 50th birthday party for Garry;  “But she wants us to pretend its your surprise party – you don’t mind, do you?”   He has no objections, but does not know if Garry will appreciate it, 
"Garry doesn't like surprises, mind!"
not being the sort of person who likes surprises.  Gaynor says it is up to them to sort out.
"Why don't you come and join us?"
Ffion and Rhys invite them to their table, and Gaynor is not particularly happy about it.   She thanks Ffion for her support today, 
Ffion is pleased to be Deputy Head (on a temporary basis)
and in turn, Ffion says she is pleased to be chosen as the temporary Deputy Head.
"Wat's the latest on this Tyler business?"
Rhys enquires if there is any more news about the Tyler business, but Gaynor is unable to give any information.   Ffion cannot believe there is any truth in the allegations, but Hywel does not know how she can be so sure.
"Tyler's not that sort of bloke"
“Tyler sleeping with a pupil – no way!” she exclaims, “He’s not that sort of bloke.” 
"That's what I said about myself, years ago"
Hywel can remember saying the same thing about himself years ago, but it happens, whether you are ‘that sort of bloke’ or not.
At that moment, Tyler arrives, and hearing what is being said . . .
Iolo and Tyler have come into the Deri, and have overheard the tail end of that conversation, 
. . . and decides to leave again, immediately
so Tyler makes a rapid exit.   
"Thanks, Hywel – that's all I need!"
“Thanks, Hywel – that’s all I need – getting caught talking about him!” scolds Gaynor.   Ffion does not imagine that Tyler will complain to the governors about this, and Gaynor hopes that she is right.
Things are rather fraught at Maes-y-Deri  
At Maes-y-Deri, Kath sits at the table, looking at the decorations, while Josh is in the armchair the other side of the room.    “Aren’t you going to say anything?” he asks, 
"I'm looking after Mark"
and after a long pause, Kath maintains that she is looking after Mark.   
"Mark's a big boy now!"
“I can understand that – but Mark’s a big boy now,” Josh points out, “I don’t expect you and Debbie to ever be the best of friends,” 
"No chance of that!"
and Kath agrees there is no possible chance of that.   
"It's your place to support your son, Kath!"
Josh continues, “But whatever Debbie has done, Mark has been able to forgive her.   It’s your place to support him.   What do you want, Kath?   To get your own back on Debbie, or to see your son happy?”
"What's wrong with you, Mam?"
Mark comes in, and furiously demands, “What’s wrong with you?   How could you, Mam?”   Seeing that Debbie is just behind him, 
"Told you, has she?"
Kath concludes that he has been told.
"Can't stop controlling my life, can you?"
“You can’t stop controlling my life, can you?   Controlling my marriage – you didn’t even want us to get married in the first place!   And that business with Ricky’s letter!   Do you have any idea what it’s like having to live with you?”
"If you forgive her, I'm leaving"
Kath gets up from her chair and tells him not to worry;  “Because if you forgive her, I’m leaving.”   
"You're a fool if you forgive her!"
Then she shouts, “I’ll never forgive her!   And you’re a fool if you forgive her!”
"See – I told you, didn't I?"
Tyler arrives back at number 7, growling, “I told you, didn’t I?” but Iolo points out that Hywel did not say that he was guilty.   “He suggested it,” Tyler goes on, “They’ve all got their knives in my back – including my boss!”


"What if I'm jailed for this?"
Iolo accuses him of being paranoid, but he demands, “What if I’m jailed for this?” Iolo agrees that it is only natural to be worried, but he is jumping the gun here, 
"The truth will come out in the end, Ty"
predicting that the truth will come out in the end.   
Which is exactly what Tyler is afraid of
That appears to be what Tyler is dreading.
"You've been through so much, Kelly"
Anita is still trying to change Kelly’s mind;  “You’ve been through so much the last few months – it’s bound to have left its mark.   
"Do you think you'll be able to live without him?"
“Look at him, for goodness’ sake – do you think you’ll be able to live without him?”
"It's the right thing to do"
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Kelly confesses, “But I’ll learn to live without him because it’s the right thing to do.”   
"You're doing this to hurt me, aren't you?"
Anita maintains this is being done to hurt her, but Kelly reminds her, “This is not about you!”   
"Don't be so selfish!"
Anita drones on that it is about her and everyone around Kelly, urging her not to be so selfish.   
"This is the opposite of selfish"
After warning her not to raise her voice, Kelly points out that it is the opposite of ‘selfish’.
"I shall have to raise him, then!"
“If you won’t raise him, I shall have to!” Anita declares, “I have to do something!”  Kelly will take no notice but demands that her aunt leave the flat now.
"I won't let you give him away!"
“Throwing me out now, are you?” Anita snorts, “Him first, and now me?   Don’t worry – I’m going!   But I’ll tell you one thing – I won’t let you give him away!”
Kath is on her way out of the door
Kath is on her way out of the front door, and will not listen to Mark’s entreaties;  “There’s no need for this, Mam – where are you going to go?”   
"When it all goes pear-shaped – don't come looking for me!"
She tells him not to worry about her;  “But when it all goes pear-shaped – and it will –” she points at Debbie;  “Don’t come looking for me.”
Josh is also going, as his work is done
She leaves the house, and Josh comments that he feels rather more hopeful now;  he will also go, and tells them to take care.
"Where do we go from here, Mark?"
As they look out of the door, Debbie asks, “Where do we go from here?” and Mark has no idea of the answer.