18 December 2019 (1st)

Jaclyn has brought flowers to Bethan's resting place . . .
Jaclyn is seen placing some flowers at the foot of a tree, around which police tape is still attached;  
and the memory horrifies her
she looks with horror at the spot where Jessie’s body was dumped.   
"We have to stay away, Jacs!"
Dylan appears, “Isn’t this police tape enough of a hint for you?   We have to stay away, Jacs,” he tells her.
"Don't you have a go at me!"
“Don’t you have a go at me!” she snarls, “Where the hell have you been?   You had no right to disappear and leave me to deal with things!”   
"I had a few things to sort out"
He replies that he had a few things to sort out, but she continues, “It’s all over the news – the police know Bethan was moved after she died – what if they do forensics on the van and find a connection to us?”
Dylan assures her that he has cleaned the van, and there is nothing to connect the body with the van.   
"What if they tracked the van's numberplates?"
Then she suggests that they could have tracked the van’s numberplates, 
"It had false plates"
but he points out that it was carrying false plates;  “I’ve been sorting everything out – it’s all right,” he calmly informs her, “Come on, Jacs, before someone sees us,” 
Jaclyn is reluctant to leave the spot
but she is reluctant to leave the spot.
Iori utilises Hywel's help
Outside the Deri, Iori is unloading his merchandise, and gets Hywel to carry some of it into the pub;  “I hope it will be a good morning – I want to shift this stuff – I’ve got another delivery coming tomorrow,” he says.   
Laughter is coming from the box
As he hands a box to Diane, there is the sound of mechanical laughter emitting from it.   
"We're going to have a good time today"
Diane is confident they will have a good time today.
"Sorry – Diane's at the Craft Fair"
Anita, looking rather harassed, arrives at Bryntirion, but Dai tells her she has had a wasted journey;  “Diane isn’t here – she’s gone to the show of the year – the Craft Fair.   Anita was under the impression that it was tomorrow;  “Izzy made a mess of the dates – it’s chaos over there!” Dai advises.
"Havevyou pushed this pram through manure up at Penrhewl?"
“Have you pushed this pram through manure up at Penrhewl?” he goes on, 
"He's filled his nappy again!"
and Anita finds that Paul has filled his nappy again;  Dai laughs, That is what babies do.
"I don't think I can do this, Dai!"
“I don’t think I can do this, Dai!” she wails, 
"It only takes two minutes to change a nappy"
but he points out it will only take two minutes to change the baby.   “I don’t mean changing his nappy, but raising him,” she adds, and Dai stresses that is his mother’s job.   
"Give him a clean nappy and give him back to Kelly"
He tells her to go upstairs, wipe his bottom and give him a clean nappy, then give him back to Kelly.
"She wants to put him up for adoption!"
At this, Anita bursts into tears and admits, “I don’t know where Kelly is – I haven’t seen her since last week!   She wants to put him up for adoption.   I said I’d raise him but I don’t think I can.   
"I don't know what to do!"
“I don’t know what to do!”
"Diane will know what to do"
Dai encourages her to sit down and he will phone Diane;  “She will know what to do,” he says.   
Anita is definitely exhausted
Anita looks absolutely exhausted. 
Iori helps himself to a sausage roll
In the Deri, Iori has set up his table and helps himself to a nearby sausage roll;   Dani informs him that they are £3 for a plateful.   
"What a cheek – charging for leftover food!"
Gwyneth is nearby and protests that it is rather a cheek to charge for the leftover food from Garry’s party.    Iori admires Dani’s enterprising attitude.
Izzy has made her candles without burning down Llwyncelyn 
Izzy comes in with her box of home-made candles and Diane asks her how many stallholders she is expecting;  Izzy hopes for about eight, but Gwyneth is eager to point out that she mixed up the dates.   
"You know I sell that sort of stuff!"
When she sees that Izzy is selling candles, Gwyneth is angry;  “You know that I sell that sort of stuff!”   Izzy replies that at least it will attract customers.
"This would look great outside Bryntirion"
Iori suggests that one of his Father Christmas figures would look great outside Bryntirion, but Diane replies that it looks too much like Dai;  
"It sings like Dai, too!"
Hywel maintains that it sings like him, too.
Fig rolls to go with the tea
At number 10, Dylan makes a cup of tea and provides a plate of fig rolls;  “I’m going to tell Ger the truth,” says Jaclyn, and when Dylan objects to this, 
"I've never kept anything from Gerwyn"
she warns him, “I’ve never kept anything from him, and I’m not going to start now.
"I should have phoned the police straightaway"
“But this is different, Jacs, you know that!” he insists, but she argues that she should have phoned the police the second she arrived at the safe house.   
"And put your brother in jail?"
“And put your brother in jail?   Thanks!” he snarls, but at least then her conscience would have been clear.
He spells it out, “What we have to do is put it all behind us, OK?   Move on and act like everything’s normal – we don’t want to draw attention.”   
"I've never moved a body before!"
She is sorry, but she cannot agree, as she has not moved a body before;  “I really believed you when you said you’d left the drugs behind years ago!” He points out it was best that she did not know, 
"I've learned my lesson, Jacs!"
but alleges that he has now learned his lesson, and has left the drugs behind.   He says that is where he has been over the last few days – and has now got himself out of the whole thing.
Jaclyn rushes off upstairs
Jaclyn does not believe a word he says and rushes upstairs;  
Nice peaceful cup of tea and a fig roll
he nonchalantly has a drink of tea and picks up a fig roll.
"Now Jessie is gone, I feel safe"
In the Deri, Gwyneth asks Sioned how she is, and the reply is, “Between you and me, I haven’t been out much.   Now – I know what happened to Jessie is awful, but I feel safe.”   
"We can look forward to Christmas now"
Gwyneth says that they can both look forward to Christmas now.
"I was up all night making them"
Diane admires the candles on Izzy’s table, and she said she was up all night making them;  
"Can we come in now?"
Debbie demands if they can come in now or not.   Hywel tells Izzy that it is her job to collect the money by the door, as she is the organiser, and also to sell the raffle tickets.   Izzy pleads with them to help her, as they are already there.
Diane lets Debbie in for free
Diane asks Debbie for £1, but neither of them has any change, so she gets in for free.
"He's made a mess on his clothes now!"
At Bryntirion, Dai has been unable to contact Diane, and Anita moans, “I didn’t think today could get any worse!   He’s made a mess on his clothes now, and I don’t have any clean clothes to change him into!”
"Can you give them a quick wash for me, Dai?"
She wants Dai to put the baby clothes on a quick wash and tumble dry for her, 
"I'll get Siôn to come and pick you both up"
but he suggests that they phone Siôn to come and pick them both up.   
"I don't want Siôn to know I can't cope"
Anita whines, “No – I don’t want him to know that I can’t cope!” but Dai thinks that he ought to know.   She gives the excuse that she is just tired, and he agrees that is only natural, as looking after a little baby is not easy.
"And you're no spring chicken, Anita!"
“And you’re no spring chicken!” he adds, “I’m just telling the truth – as we get older we have less patience and need more sleep.”   
"You're telling me to give him up?"
She thinks that he is advising her to give him up and let Paul go into a system that does not have enough resources.
"I'm sure there's a couple out there to give him plenty of love and care"
Dai explains, “What I’m saying is this – I’m sure there’s a couple out there – a lovely couple, who are willing to give him a perfect start.   Plenty of love and care.”
"Would you be happy for that to happen to Ifan?"
Anita demands whether he would be happy for that to happen to Ifan, 
"Right – short wash and tumble dry"
and after a pause, he agrees he will turn on the washing machine.
"Want to see the new Tapas menus?"
Jaclyn returns downstairs, and Dylan asks if she wants to see the new menus for Tapas;  
"I'll get Sara to do it"
“I’ll sort out the suppliers – or get Sara to do it.”   She wishes him good luck with that, as Sara is very upset that he just left without a word;  he remarks, “You should see the texts she sent me!   
"I'll make sure she's glad I'm back tonight!"
“But I’ll make sure she’s glad I’m back tonight!   Right, I’ll see you over there.”
"I can't joke around as if everything is OK"
Jaclyn announces that she is not going;  “Unlike you, Dyl, I can’t joke around as if everything is OK.”   
"Look, I can't turn the clock back"
He does not know what she expects him to do, stressing that he cannot turn the clock back.   Jaclyn wonders if he is actually sorry for what he did to Bethan;  
"Forcing her to swallow a bag of drugs?"
“Forcing her to swallow that bag of drugs?”   
"Of course – that's why I've stopped the business"
He growls that of course he is sorry, and that is why he has stopped the business, 
"I don't believe you, Dyl!"
but she remains unconvinced that he has really stopped.   
He shouts, “Yes, I’ve really stopped – as I told you – I’m starting again, clean slate!”   She cannot believe that he is just forgetting about Bethan, and says that he has no conscience.   At that moment, Guto comes through the door and is surprised to see that Uncle Dyl is back.
"See you in Tapas!'
“Yes, it’s Christmas – time to be with the family,” Dylan replies, reminding Jaclyn, “See you in Tapas!”   
"Is he treating Sara badly?"
Guto can see that something is troubling his mother, and suspects that Dylan is treating Sara badly.   
"That's not happening – yet"
She replies that is not happening – yet, 
"Who's this Bethan, then?"
then he asks who Bethan is.
"Bethan, one of his exes, has just died"
She explains, “Bethan is one of his exes – she has just died, and I’m a bit upset about it.   I’d better get changed for my shift.”
"Izzy's stuff is a pound cheaper"
Gwyneth tries to sell a candle to Debbie, but it is pointed out to her that Izzy’s stuff is a pound cheaper;  
The Cae Glas Christmas puddings are not selling
Sioned complains that the Christmas puddings on the Cae Glas stall are not selling, and Gwyneth moans that she turned down some Reiki sessions to be there.
"Where's Britt?   I've got tinsel to get rid of!"
Iori wonders where Britt is, as she wanted some tinsel, and he has two boxes of it.
"There should be more coming soon"
Sioned asks Diane when they can expect some customers, and she hopes that they will arrive shortly.   Debbie complains that there is nothing worth buying.   
"You said there would be eight stalls!"
Diane asks Izzy where the other stalls are;  “You said there would be eight!”
"Did you say his stuff was too tacky?"
Hywel has just been speaking to Lewis Jones;  “Did you say that his stuff was too tacky to sell here?” he demands.   
"And you're undercutting my prices!'
Then Gwyneth complains that Izzy is undercutting her prices, something which Izzy regards as good business.   Diane emphasises that Izzy’s job is to look after people in her community.
"Here's some caffeine for you, Anita"
At Bryntirion, Anita is now feeding baby Paul, and Dai brings her ‘a bit of caffeine’.   
"You're right – I could never let Ifan go"
He admits that he could never let Ifan go;  
"We have to sort this out"
“But what we have to do now is sort this out – you can’t carry on like this.”   
"I'll be fine after a good night's sleep"
Anita says that she will be fine after a good night’s sleep.
"How about six months down the line?"
“Temporarily, perhaps, but what about six months down the line – or a year?” Dai enquires, “No, there’s only one answer – we have to find Kelly – I take it that you’ve phoned her?”   Anita confirms that she has tried several times, but Kelly will not answer, and is not going to change her mind, as she is determined not to raise Paul.
"While the hormones are swirling round . . ."
Dai suggests, “While the hormones are still swirling round inside her, you have to take a few photos of him – or a video – and send them to Kelly.   She won’t be able to stay away – but make sure he’s settled when you do it,” he adds, 
The winding procedure is necessary
as Paul seems to be suffering from wind after having his feed.
"Look at him – who could resist him?"
“Look at him – who could resist him?   Who knows – she might change her mind about the adoption, too!” he says.
"Can you fit half a dozen of my friends in?"
Guto comes out of number 10 and goes to speak to Dylan;  “Can you fit half a dozen of my friends in at Tapas before Christmas?” he asks, “At mate’s rates?” 
"We can arrange a discount"
and Dylan is sure that he can oblige.   
"Sorry about your ex, Bethan"
Guto continues, “I’m sorry about Bethan, your ex,” 
"I don't want Sara finding out"
but Dylan asks him to keep it ‘under his hat’, as he does not want Sara finding out.
"What did you tell Guto about Bethan?"
Dylan is worried and goes straight across to Jaclyn, who is coming out of number 10.   “What did you tell Guto about Bethan?” he demands, 
Dylan is very threatening
“No-one can know about the connection, understand?   
"Get over to Tapas – now!"
“I have a few things to sort out again, but get over to Tapas – now!”
"You have a lovely baby here, Kelly"
Anita has made a video of baby Paul;  “As you can see, he’s grown – you have a lovely baby here, Kelly, and I do tell him about you.   
"We'll be here when you're ready for us"
“We’ll be here when you’re ready for us.”
"An Oscar-winning performance!"
Dai describes it as an Oscar-winning performance;  “She won’t be able to ignore that!   
"Go on – press the 'send' button"
“Go on – press the ‘send’ button.   She’ll be back before you can say ‘Happy Christmas’!”   
"I hope you're right, Dai!"
Anita hopes that he is right, and calls him her knight in shining armour.
"I'm a man of many hidden talents!"
He confesses that he is a man of many hidden talents;  “Marjorie Proops learned a lot from me!”   
"He'll soon need another clean nappy"
Anita will have to go now, or Paul will need another clean nappy;  Dai realises he should have been at the Deri half an hour ago.   Anita is just hoping and praying that Kelly will be home before Christmas.
"Packing up already?"
The disillusioned stallholders are packing up already, with Gwyneth saying she has some Reiki appointments;  “I have to make some money somehow!” she groans.   
"Mam wants me back at Penrhewl"
Sioned is also returning to Penrhewl.   Hywel thanks them for their support, and then goes to find Izzy.
"No hot tub this year!"
Iori asks Debbie if she is looking forward to the big day, and she regrets there will not be a hot tub this year;  he recalls they had a lot of fun, and presumes they will be at home this year, 
Iori is angling to be invited at Christmas 
then moans about being on his own, with only the television for company.
"I'm not back in the good books yet"
Debbie regrets that she cannot invite him to join them, as she is not back in the good books yet, but will see how things are looking in the new year.
"I can't host another fair like this!"
Dani tells Diane in the Deri, “I support Yr Antur, and everything you do, but I can’t host another fair like this one!”   Diane admits that it has been a flop, 
"We could have a carol-singing evening"

but Hywel promises they will sort something else out to boost the coffers, such as a carol-singing evening.   He was talking to Colin, Gaynor and Britt yesterday, and they liked the idea.   He says that he will make sure the place is packed, and they will be thirsty.   
"I must ask Scrooge first!"
“All right – but I shall have to ask Scrooge first!” replies Dani.   
Diane regrets giving her the job
Diane is wondering if she did the right thing, giving Izzy the job;  “She’s not up to much, is she?” and Hywel does not know what is wrong with her recently.
Hywel relieves her of the takings
He walks across and finds that Izzy has sold almost everything;  “Right, I’ll take the money, seeing as you weren’t working for Yr Antur,” he tells her, “This mess is your fault – Ive heard the word ‘flop’ mentioned.   
Izzy receives a reprimand . . .
“The misunderstanding with the date was your mistake – 
. . . and there is talk of a disciplinary letter
“I shall have to talk to the members on the board about sending you a disciplinary letter.”
Jaclyn is doing some investigating
Jaclyn is sitting in Tapas, looking at a box of financial records when Dylan arrives;  
"What are you doing?"
he wants to know what she is doing, 
"What exactly is Tapas to you?"
and she informs him, “Checking the accounts – what exactly is Tapas to you?”
He replies that it is a good little business, 
"In order to launder dirty money?"
and she adds, “In order to launder dirty money?   
"Do you know what?   I resign!"
“Do you know what?   I resign!”   He tells her not to be stupid, but she makes it very clear, “I don’t want anything to do with you or your business!” 
"What am I supposed to tell people?"
He demands what he is supposed to tell people, 
"I'm sure you'll think of some lie!"
and she answers, “I’m sure you’ll think of some lie!   Stay away from my family – I don’t want you anywhere near us, understand?” and she walks out of Tapas.