25 December 2019 (2nd)

Seren and Greta are playing
Greta and Seren are playing as Dani says that the photo she has been given will take pride of place, 
Aaron gives a present to Iolo and Tyler . . .
then Aaron gives a present to Iolo and Tyler.   
. . . a photo, captioned, 'Love'
It is a photo of them at their ‘renewal of vows’ ceremony.   Iolo tells him that he is a good photographer, and Britt says he is artistic, like his mother.
They agree that it was a good day, and Iolo is confident that there will be many more of them in the New Year.   
Tyler hugs Aaron . . .
Tyler gives Aaron a hug, 
. . . but Garry shouts a protest
but Garry shouts, “Don’t touch him!”   Tyler wonders what is the problem, and Dani snarls at Garry to shut up, 
"I know, Ty!   And Iolo should know too!'
but he continues, “I can’t do this any more – I know, Ty!   And Iolo should know, too!”
Iolo wonders what is happening
Iolo is incredulous as Garry goes on, “He slept with Aled – Dani told me.   
"Go on – deny it!"
“Go on – deny it!”   Iolo looks at Tyler, horrified, 
Tyler does not deny it
but there is no response from him.   Again Garry invites him, “Deny it!”   
The rest of the gathering look, open-mouthed with astonishment, as Iolo gets up and walks out, 
"Thanks, Dani!"
followed by Tyler, who insists, “I can explain, Iol!” and snarls at his sister, “Thanks, Dani!”
Tyler chases Iolo along the road . . .
Iolo marches back to number 7, with Tyler in hot pursuit, goes in and slams the door.   
. . . but the door is slammed in his face
Iolo stands by the door, trying to ignore the relentless hammering outside, and Tyler’s entreaties for him to open it.
Eileen could not have chosen a better ring
Kath admires Eileen’s new engagement ring, and Eileen admits she could not have picked a better one herself;  
"I did have some help from Brenda"
Jim confesses that he had some help with selecting it from Brenda.   “Well, she’s got good taste – 
"That's something I thought I would never say!"
“and that’s something I thought I would never say!” comments Sioned.
"Have you won the lottery or something?"
“You’re being spoiled, Eileen,” says Kath, “Have you won the lottery or something?   That must have cost at least a couple of thousand – then there’s the winter wonderland outside – and the yellow Porsche!   What’s going on?”
"You have to spend it while you can, don't you?"
Jim confirms that he has not won the lottery, but maintains, “You have to spend it while you can, don’t you?   You can’t take it with you.”
"The boys are 'Facetiming' me!"
Then Eifion’s phone sounds, and he excitedly says that boys are ‘Facetiming’ him;  he rushes outside to talk to them.   “He’s been waiting all day for that call!” Sioned tells them.
"I've had endless sleepless nights, thinking about this"
In the café flat, Anita is still hanging around as Kelly assures her, “Auntie Neet, I’ve had endless sleepless nights, thinking about this – and I’m sorry, OK?   I hate lying to you, but I didn’t have a choice – there was no other way.   If I’d told you what my plan was, you would never have let me take Paul – you would have made a huge fuss!”
"And you've been planning this for weeks!"
Anita knows that she has been planning this for weeks;  “You came back to see me last week, and gave me hope.   
"You made me think everything would be OK!"
“You made me think everything would be OK – but you’d already spoken to Social Services!”
"I know in my heart I've done the right thing"
“You can’t make me feel worse, because I know in my heart that I’ve done the right thing,” Kelly replies, 
"Yes, by spouting lies!"
and Anita points out that was by spouting lies and going behind her back.
"I didn't have a choice"
Kelly declares that she had no choice, but Anita rages, “Yes, you did have a choice – there’s always a choice!   
"Did Amanda put you up to this?"
“Did Amanda put you up to this?   I know what she’s like – sly!”
"It was my decision – he deserves a clean slate!"
Kelly makes it quite clear that it was her decision;  “Mam didn’t interfere – and Paul deserves a clean slate – I can’t give him that!”   
"He deserves better than what a stranger can give him!"
Anita shouts that he deserves better than what a stranger can give him.   Kelly explains that she will get a chance to say goodbye to him, but Anita’s mind is made up.
"I'm going to stop this adoption!'
“I’m going to get him now – and I’m going to stop this adoption!” she roars, 
"I can't be with him, Auntie Anita!"
and will not listen to Kelly’s protests that she cannot be with her baby;  that is why she has come back.
Anita is out of control
“And you’ve left him with Amanda!” screams Anita, “Don’t touch me!”
"If I were Iolo, I'd want to know the truth!"
At the Deri flat, Dani demands why Garry had to do that, and he replies, “If I were Iolo, I’d want to know the truth!   You’re always saying we have to be honest.”   
"But at Christmas dinner, Garry?"
She exclaims that Christmas dinner is not the time to do it;  “Iolo was humiliated, and you know Tyler worries about him.   It was nothing to do with you!   
"You had to stick your nose in!'
“We could have forgotten about it – but no, you had to stick your nose in!”
Garry points out that the police were going to forget about it, 
"It's almost like Neville last year!"
and Britt says she would never have invited Tyler if she had known about Aled;  “It’s almost like Neville last year!” she reminds Colin.
"Tyler is nothing like Neville!"
Dani is infuriated;  “Tyler is nothing like Neville!” she shrieks, “Aled is 18!”   
"Tyler is his teacher – which makes it wrong!"
Colin stresses that Tyler is his teacher, which makes it wrong.   “Dani, when you send your children to school, you should be able to trust the teacher,” Britt points out, and Dani says they are talking as if Tyler is a paedophile.
"If that's how you feel – get out!"
There is a pregnant pause, and no-one says a word, so Dani realises, “Well, OK, if that’s how you feel – get out!   If you’re going to be so stupid, I don’t want you here!”   
"Just watch me, Col!'
Colin protests that she cannot throw them out, but she rages, “Just watch me, Col!”
"We're not welcome here, Gar"
As she, Colin and Aaron file out of the flat, Britt tells Garry, “We’re not welcome here.”   
There appears to be some . . .
Garry and Dani 
. . . animosity between them
glare malevolently at each other.
Tyler is still trying to gain entry . . .
Out in the High Street, Tyler is still banging on the door of number 7;  “Please, just let me in,” he begs, “I’ll stay here all night if I have to!   We have to talk.   Do you want me to say what I have to say in front of the neighbours?”
. . . and eventually Iolo relents
This has the desired effect, and Iolo opens the door;  once inside, Iolo says, “It’s true, isn’t it?   You’ve been lying through your teeth for months!   
"I've given you chance after chance to tell the truth"
“I’ve given you chance after chance to tell the truth – you must think I’m such a fool!   
Iolo makes a final demand for the truth
“I want to know the truth.”
"No-one can give him more love than me!"
Anita is still sobbing, “All Paul needs is love – and no-one can give him more love than me!”   
"His new family will be lovely people"
Kelly informs her that his new family will be lovely people;  
"But I'm family!"
Anita continues to protest, “But I’m family!   How do you know they will be lovely people, anyway?”
“Because they will have had all the checks – and they will be able to give all the care and love – and the fresh start he needs,” Kelly replies.   
"If you give him a life, you take my life away!"
Anita still insists that nobody can give him a better life than her, but Kelly tells her, “If you give him a new life, you’ll take my life away.   You don’t seriously think I can stay here if you stop the adoption?   
"I'll have to leave everything I love!'
“If you bring him back here, and raise him here, I’ll have to leave – leave you and Siôn, leave family, home – my life!   Everything I love.   
"You're not really going to take that from me, are you?"
“You’re not really going to take those things away from me, are you – not when I’ve lost so much already?  You’re not that cruel.”   
Anita is reduced to tears
Anita breaks down in tears.
"That brother of hers is worse!"
As they arive back at the chippy flat, Britt growls, “That Dani can be a real cow sometimes – but that brother of hers is worse!”   
"You can't trust anyone these days"
Colin says that you cannot trust anyone, and she rants, “There’s something seriously wrong with that family!”
Aaron looks in the fridge, and Colin suggests he could have a yoghurt or mousse for pudding;  
"Not the Christmas Day I imagined"
he still has his present for Colin, who comments that it is not the Christmas Day he had imagined.   “Hey, I didn’t have a chance to open your present,” he says, 
"It doesn't matter now"
but Aaron answers that it does not matter now.
“Of course it matters – I’m looking forward to it,” Colin insists, but is told that it will not be the same, as there is no-one to see him open it.   
"Well, I'm here – that's the important thing!"
“Well, I’m here, and that’s the important thing, isn’t it?” Colin tells him, and Aaron hands it over.
Colin opens the 'DAD' mug
It is a mug, bearing Colin’s photo, with the word ‘DAD’ underneath;  
"I wanted to ask you if I can call you 'Dad'"
“I wanted to ask you if I can call you ‘Dad’,” Aaron asks, “From today onwards – I wanted to ask when everybody else was there because you’ve been so amazing to me this last year, Col.   
"I wanted everyone to know how much you mean to me"
“I wanted everyone to know how much you mean to me – but remember, if you don’t want to accept it, that’s fine!   I understand, because perhaps Izzy and Lois might not like it.”
Colin is completely lost for words
Britt comes back into the room, and Colin, choked up with emotion, 
He shows Britt the mug
explains, “Aaron asked me if he can call me ‘Dad’.”   
"Of course you can call me 'Dad'!"
Then he replies to Aaron, “Of course you can call me ‘Dad’!” and they hug.
"Thanks – Dad!"
“Thanks – Dad!” says Aaron.
"Here, in our house, in our bed!"
Iolo laments, “The photo wasn’t fake, was it?   I was right – you slept with him – here, in our house, in our bed!”   
Tyler's perpetual excuse – that he is sorry
Tyler says he is sorry;
"Yeah – sorry you've been caught!'
 “Yeah – sorry you’ve been caught!” Iolo snarls.
"I tried to get rid of him"
Tyler maintains that they did not plan it;  “You know what happened – I found him lying in the bed.”   Iolo reminds him that he said he threw Aled out, and when assured that Tyler tried to get rid of him, 
"You didn't try hard enough, obviously!"
goes on, “You didn’t try hard enough, obviously!”   One thing led to another, Tyler alleges, and says he regretted it immediately.   
"Things were not right between us"
He had been all over the place after the explosion, and things were not right between him and Iolo.
"Blaming me now, are you?"
“Oh, so you’re blaming me now, are you?” Iolo demands, and Tyler argues that he knew it was wrong and has been desperate to tell Iolo for weeks, 
"I was scared it would trigger the OCD!"
but was scared it would trigger the OCD.
"Don't use that as an excuse!"
“No, don’t use that as an excuse!” roars Iolo, 
"But I love you, Iol!"
and when assured that Tyler loves him, 
"And that's why you slept with a schoolboy!"
replies, “And that’s why you slept with a schoolboy!   He hadn’t left school when you kissed him at the party, and he wasn’t 18 then!   And you told me last week that nothing happened!   
"Why is he saying you had an affair?"
“Why is he saying that you had an affair, then?”
"He's obsessed, Iol!"
Tyler maintains that Aled wants revenge;  “He’s obsessed – he wants us to be together.   He begged me to leave Cwmderi to be with him, but I refused – and now he’s lying through his teeth.   I don’t want anything to do with him!   There hasn’t been an affair – I only slept with him once!”
"The betrayal is the same!"
Iolo explodes with anger, “It doesn’t matter if it was once or ten times!   The betrayal is the same!   That’s why you wanted to go to Buenos Aires, wasn’t it?   Because something had been going on – 
"You were going to drag Greta and me away, because you felt guilty!"
“you were going to drag Greta and me to the other side of the world just because you felt guilty!”
As there is no comment forthcoming from Tyler, Iolo adds, “That’s why you wanted to renew our vows as well!”   Tyler again reiterates how sorry he is, and how he will do anything to prove it to Iolo.   He begs to be given a chance to make up for what he has done.
"Go to the police and tell the truth"
“Go to the police,” says Iolo, “If you love me as much as you say you do, tell them the truth.”   
"You're not serious?"
Tyler cannot believe he is serious.   “You want to make up for it – go to the police – or I will!” Iolo growls.
Eifion looks sorry for himself
Eifion is sitting on the bench in Penrhewl’s garden, surrounded by the Christmas decorations, and Izzy finds him weeping there;  
"What's wrong, Eifion?"
“Are the boys all right?’ she asks, “What’s wrong?”
"I miss them – and feel even worse after talking to them"
“I just miss them – and I feel worse after talking to them!” he groans, “Bobi had a skateboard, and Arthur has some blaster gun – they were so excited.   I’m missing out on so much – I should have been there this morning to see them opening their presents, and hanging up their stockings last night.   
"Where was I?   Out on the pop!"
“Where was I?   Out on the pop!”
"I just wish the situation was different"
Seeing her guilty look, he assures her, “I love being with you – you know that!   Sometimes I just wish the situation was different, that’s all.”
"Why don't we go and see them over the New Year?"
Izzy suggests, “Why don’t we go up and see them over the New Year?   We could take them away for a weekend, if that’s all right with Cadno.   We can play with the skateboard and the blaster gun all day.”   She thinks that it is time she met his sons.
Siôn is eating alone
Siôn is tucking into his meal alone when Anita returns to Y Felin; 
"Kelly's back . . ."
“Kelly’s back,” she announces, 
". . . and Paul is going to be adopted!"
“She deceived me, Siôn – she organised everything – Paul is going to be adopted.   
Siôn provides a shoulder on which she can cry
He attempts to comfort her.
Hywel is trying to track down Esther
At Penrhewl, Hywel and Gaynor come to collect Esther, but are told that she is out at the moment;  “Kath has taken her and Huwi for a walk up to the top field.”   Hywel was unaware that Izzy was bringing Esther to the farm, 
"How did it go in Swansea?"
and Eileen asks how it went in Swansea.
Gaynor says it was hard;  “And it makes you realise how lucky you are.”   
"Can I get you a drink?"
Jim offers them a drink while they are waiting for Esther to come back.
"Pass the chocolates round, please, Ange"
As he goes to fetch a bottle of Rioja, he remarks to Eileen, “Will you pass the chocolates round, please, Ange?”   
This causes some concern . . .
Both Eileen and Sioned look very concerned, but Eileen tries to explain it away, saying he has has one too many glasses of wine, 
. . . and Sioned thinks there is something she does not know
but Sioned thinks there is more to it.
Iolo strides towards the police station
Iolo marches to the police station, with Tyler trailing behind, 
"We could lose everything – I could go to jail!"
protesting, “Iol, please!   If you tell the truth, I could lose my job!   We could lose the house!   We could lose everything!   I could go to jail!”
Iolo remains resolute
Iolo walks on, regardless, and Tyler pleads, “I know you want to punish me – but not like this!”   It makes no difference to Iolo’s determination.   
"Are you going to tell them, or shall I?"
They approach the reception desk, and Iolo gives him the choice;  “Are you going to tell them, or shall I?”   
"I'd like to speak to DI Wilkinson
Tyler asks the desk officer if he can speak to DI Wilkinson.