18 June 2019

"That could be a bit awkward"
Siôn is talking on the phone;  “That could be a bit awkward, but I understand – thank you for arranging it and letting me know.”   
"Ed's funeral is at the same time as Angela's"
Kelly comes downstairs and he tells her that it was the council on the phone;  “Unfortunately, Ed’s funeral is at the same time as Angela’s.”
"Nobody is going to Ed's, anyway"
She replies, “It doesn’t matter – nobody is going to Ed’s, anyway.”   
"I'm considering going"
Siôn says that he is considering it, as he did live there for a while.   
"He tried to kill me!"
Kelly reminds him, “He tried to kill me!” 
"It's awful to think of an empty crematorium
but Siôn considers it awful to think of an empty crematorium.
"Sympathising with Ed, are you?"
She is outraged that he appears to be sympathising with Ed, but he denies this, and she decides to go for a bath.
Eileen is packing organic veg boxes
At Penrhewl, Eileen is absentmindedly putting vegetables into a box when she hears the sound of the front door;  
"Is that you, Eifion?"
she assumes that it is Eifion, and is very surprised when Jim walks in.   
She is glad to see Jim back from his travels
She is delighted to see him, but he admits he was apprehensive as to whether he would be welcome;  
"I left you to deal with everything on your own"
“I left you to deal with everything on your own.   Are you all right?   And Huwi?   When is the funeral?”
"It's on Thursday"
She informs him that it is on Thursday, and will make a cup of tea;  “Did you manage to arrange everything?” he asks, 
"Bacon and eggs all right?"
but she is more interested in whether he has had breakfast, and will make him bacon and eggs.   
"I'm so glad to be home!"
“I’m so glad to be home,” he says, hugging Eileen.
Gwern is reading avidly
At number nine, Gwern is engrossed in a book when Cassie comes in, and remarks, “Oh – you’re off school again today.”   Gwyneth alleges that he still has a cough, 
"He's as healthy as a horse!"
although Cassie has not heard any evidence of that.   “He’s as healthy as a horse – I think Mam likes having him home,” she says.
"Finished it, Mam!"
He has now finished his book, 
"His reading has improved since he's been home"
and his mother enthuses about how much his reading has improved since he has been home;  “And his maths is good, too.   I’ve seen a huge difference in him since he’s been staying here.”   
Cassie points out that he probably gets more attention than at the Deri, 
"Auntie Cassie, do you want to play a game?"
and Gwern asks, “Auntie Cassie, do you want to play a game?” but she regrets that she has to go to work.
"Why has Awyr Iach turned down the Sali Mali contract?"
At Bryntirion, Jason comes in through the back door and demands from Sara, “Why has Awyr Iach turned down the Sali Mali contract?   I’ve just been told by Izzy.”   
"DJ sais there wasn't enough time"
Sara replies that DJ thought they could not do it in time, and Jason continues, “That’s not very good PR, is it?   It’s lucky I’m around – DJ can’t see further than his nose sometimes!   
Jason has overruled that decision
“I’ve told Izzy that we can make those clothes – it’s important that we’re seen to be supporting these events – and don’t worry about ordering the material, because I’ve already done it.   Awyr Iach should have it by the end of the day.”
"Who's going to pay for it, Jason?"
Sara wonders who is going to pay for it, and he presumes that Yr Antur will do so;  
"I'm going to look for some more contracts"
she puts on her coat, alleging that she is going out to look for more contracts, asking, “Have you told DJ what you intend to do?   It’s going to be a lot of work, and you know what he’s like, so leave it to me.”   
"You'll take the credit, I suppose"
He assumes that Sara will be taking the credit, but comments, “I don’t care – not with you looking so sexy!”   As they are alone in the house, 
"Sara, how about a bit of . . .?"
he suggests that they could take advantage of the solitude, but she quickly leaves the house.
"Where's Anita?"
Now dressed, Kelly comes downstairs again and asks Siôn where Anita is;  
"Stocktaking at Tapas"
“At Tapas, stocktaking, in case the place goes on the market,” is the reply.   
"Did she breastfeed Darren and Dwayne?"
Kelly asks whether she breastfed Darren and Dwayne, but Siôn has no idea;  
"Gwen breastfed Macs, Iolo and Huw"
“I wasn’t around at the time, and we haven’t talked about it – but Gwen breastfed Macs, Iolo and Huw.   You have plenty of time to learn about all that.”
Kelly remains silent, and he wants to give her some advice about Ed and the funeral;  
"Don't regret not saying goodbye to your baby's father"
“Don’t regret not saying goodbye to your baby’s father.”   
"My baby does not have a father!"
She is quick to point out that her baby does not have a father, but he says she must have some good memories, as they were very happy at times, before circumstances affected Ed.
"He doesn't deserve a send-off, OK?"
She turns and indignantly informs him, “Siôn, he was a liar!   He was a murderer! I’ve been stupid for too long – he doesn’t deserve a send-off, OK?”
"I have everything I need now"
Jim is cuddling baby Huwi and says that now he has everything he needs;  
Eileen shows him the will
Eileen takes Angela’s will from a drawer and shows it to him, explaining that she has left them £18,000, 
"The will says it's to you!"
but he is quick to point out, “To you – that’s what it says here.   I don’t want a penny of her money!”
"That's how I felt at the start"
Eileen explains that is how she felt at the start, but stresses what they could do with it for Huwi’s future.   
They hear someone coming
Then Debbie comes visiting, 
Debbie brings a sympathy card
having brought a sympathy card;  
"We won't be coming to the funeral"
she apologises that she and Mark will not be coming to the funeral, and Eileen predicts that a lot of people will not be coming, under the circumstances, but is anxious that Ricky will still be a pall-bearer.
Debbie confirms that he will, because of Courtney;  
"If Courtney had not left us"
“Angela would have been a grandmother, and so would I, if Courtney had not left us,” she says.   
Jim leaves the room
Jim is becoming increasingly uncomfortable, and leaves the room with Huwi;  Eileen explains that he is finding things difficult.
The eagle-eyed Debbie has noticed the will lying on the table, and asks Eileen for a glass of water;  
Debbie does a bit of snooping . . .
while her back is turned, 
. . . especially interested in this part
Debbie has a crafty look at it.   Eileen remarks that there will be no flowers at the funeral at all, and brings the glass of water.
One swig of water, and Debbie says she must go
Debbie soon says that she must go, 
Eileen can see what has happened
and then Eileen notices that the will has been moved, and knows exactly what has happened.
"Do you fancy a drink?"
In the Deri, Sara is phoning someone, asking if they fancy a drink.   
"It's quiet in here today"
Cassie remarks to Dani that it is quiet in the pub, and she has not yet worked out when the next Gin Club will be;  
"Did you know Gwern's still home from school?"
she adds, “Did you know that Gwern’s still home from school?   Gwyneth says that he’s ill, but I think he’s fine.”
"Garry should have been back last week"
Dani says that Garry was supposed to have come back last week, but Chester is not great after hearing about Britt’s diagnosis.   
Dani is told she ought to go and see Gwyneth 
“Perhaps it would be an idea for you to go and see Gwyneth, in case Gwern is not ill, and Gwyneth is dealing with it on her own,” Cassie suggests, 
"Pint, please, Cass!"
then has to go and serve Mal with a pint.
"I can't deal with small talk"
Jim reappears, now that Debbie has gone and apologises that he cannot deal with small talk.   
"I hope there won't be anyone at the cemetery"
“I hope that there won’t be anyone at the cemetery at Bethania,” Eileen tells him.   Jim had thought that the funeral would be held at the crem, 
"I decided on the cemetery, next to Courtney"
but she decided on the cemetery, next to Courtney.
"You did what?"
He cannot believe that Eileen is serious, but she points out she had to make a decision, and Angela did not want cremation.   
"What about what Courtney wanted?"
“What about what Courtney wanted?” he shouts, and Eileen emphasises that Angela was her mother;  
"I can't believe you made such a stupid decision!"
“And I was her father!” he exclaims, “I can’t believe you’ve made such a stupid decision!”   
"I had to make all the arrangements on my own!"
Eileen reminds him that he was not there, so he should not lecture her about doing something stupid.   “I had to make all the arrangements on my own!”
"I wanted to be buried with my little girl!"
Jim furiously rages, “I wanted to be buried with my little girl!” 
"Not with me, your wife?"
and Eileen is absolutely amazed that he does not want to be buried with her, his wife.   
"I can't attend the funeral"
He says that he is sorry, and cannot attend the funeral;  Eileen knows that it is hard, but he snarls, “You don’t know anything – or you wouldn’t have done this!   I was there the day she was born – a perfect little bundle – those big blue eyes looking at me.   
"She'd be 20 on Sunday, if she were alive!"
“She’d be 20 on Sunday, if she were alive!   I can’t stand above her open grave, imagining how her body looks now – 
"That coffin, rotting around her!"
“and that coffin, rotting around her.”
Eileen is speechless
Eileen looks absolutely aghast.
"Come home soon, Garry!"
Dani is speaking to Garry on the phone;  “Give my regards to Chester – and come home soon,” she says.   
Kelly invites Dani to a party on Thursday
Kelly comes in and asks what Dani is doing on Thursday, inviting her to a party at Y Felin.
"Bring Seren, and we'll have a laugh!"
A baby shower-type thing, but no gifts – bring Seren, and we’ll have a laugh!” she says.   Sara, who has been waiting for her, calls her across, 
"Isn't Thursday also Ed's funeral?"
and meanwhile, at the bar, Cassie has heard that Ed’s funeral is also on Thursday afternoon.   
Dani considers this really strange, and says that Garry wants her to go and see Gwyneth;  
"Garry thinks she is up to something again"
“He thinks that she is up to something again.”
"Siôn was doing my head in!"
Sara thanks Kelly for coming, and she reports that she needed an excuse, as Siôn was doing her head in;  
"Things aren't great at Awyr Iach"
“I’ve had a job interview,” Sara reveals, “But I didn’t have any luck.   I’m fed up, Kel – things aren’t great at Awyr Iach.   We’ve lost several big contracts recently, 
"I don't have the energy to fight"
“and I don’t have the energy to fight.   I don’t want the responsibility – I just want a simple nine-to-five job, with someone else making the decisions.   I’m selling the business.”
"What does Jason think about it?"
Kelly wonders what Jason thinks about it, and learns that the problem is he does not know;  
"I try to make sure he has nothing to worry about"
“He thinks everything is all right – since the gambling I’ve tried to make sure he has nothing to worry about.”   
Kelly insists, “You need someone to look after you, too,” and Sara is sorry that she has been going on so much about herself.   
"What you need is a party!"
Kelly continues, “You know what you need, right?   A party – Thursday afternoon in Y Felin.   Cakes and fizz – OJ for me, obviously.   Bring Ifan with you, because Dani’s bringing Seren!”
"Are you sure?   Isn't it too soon?"
Sara considers that it is too soon, but Kelly goes to fetch her another G&T.
"Look, I can do hard sums now!"
Dani visits number nine, and says that she heard that Gwern is ill;  he welcomes her and boasts, “Look, I can do hard sums now!   Where’s Dad?”   
"Dad's worried about you not being in school"
She says that he is still in Portugal, but is worried about Gwern not being in school.
Gwyneth sends the boy outside to the garden to play, 
"What's going on, Gwyn?"
and Dani demands what is going on;  “I didn’t want to send him to school to spread some virus,” Gwyneth maintains, but reveals that he has not been to see the doctor.   
"I've decided to home-school Gwern"
“Look, it’s no big deal, but I’ve decided to home-school Gwern.”
Dani is most definitely not in favour of this, but is told that it has been going on for several days and he loves it.   
"Why did you think this was a good idea?"
“Of course he does – he’s mitching!” Dani squeals, “Why did you think this was a good idea?”
Gwyneth is of the opinion that she knows what is best for her son, 
"Look, he's going back to school tomorrow!"
but Dani is adamant that he will go back to school tomorrow morning, and that will be the end of it.
"I can't go to that funeral"
Jim again insists, “I can’t go to the funeral,” and Eileen understands;  she is sorry for giving him a shock about Angela, but did not know what else to do.   
"To be honest, I don't want to go myself"
To be honest, she does not want to go herself – but hopes that afterwards they can move on with their lives, and concentrate on Huwi.   
"You're so strong – how do you do it?"
Jim says that she is so strong, and he does not know how she does it;  she points out that she needs support as well.   “But I’d like to think – what you said earlier – 
"Why don't you want to be buried with me?"
“why don’t you want to be buried with me?   I know we’ve been through a lot, but . . .”
"You and Huwi are my life now"
He assures her that she and Huwi are his life now – the only things he wants;  “And I think I understand why you believe that Angela should lie with Courtney – 
"She doesn't have anyone else, does she?"
“she doesn’t have anyone else, does she?”   
Eileen is in floods of tears
Eileen breaks down in tears.
Kelly enquires about breastfeeding
Cassie advises Kelly, “I didn’t breastfeed Steffan – it wasn’t the done thing back then – I tried with Mai, but it didn’t work.   Perhaps I wasn’t doing it right.”
Kelly is anxious;  “I really want to do it – 
"I don't have much to start with, do I?"
“but I don’t have much to start with, do I?”   Cassie does not think that makes a difference.   
Siôn was anxious about Kelly
Siôn comes in, having been looking for Kelly;  he did not know what to think after their chat earlier.  
"Don't start, Siôn!"
Kelly tells him, “Don’t start, Siôn!”
"She's refusing to go to Ed's funeral"
He relates to Cassie that she is refusing to go to Ed’s funeral;  “To think that there won’t be anyone there – I know he did some hideous things, but he was not all bad.”   
"Sioned did some terrible things to him"
Cassie says that, from what she has heard, Sioned did some terrible things to him, and Siôn considers that is what did the damage.
"Pint, please, Cassie"
Debbie comes in for a pint, and asks Siôn about Kelly;  
"Kelly's just over there"
he points out that she is sitting over there.   
Debbie cannot wait to tell Kelly what she has learned
Debbie goes across and advises Kelly, “I’ve got news for you – Angela left Eileen £18,000 in her will – and if Angela blackmailed Ed . . . “
"£15,000 is mine!"
It dawns upon Kelly, “£15,000 is mine!”   
"It's not a good idea, Kelly"
Dismissing Siôn’s protests, she furiously goes on, “She deprived my baby of that money – 
"I'm going to get every stinking penny of it – right?"
“I’m going to get every last stinking penny of it – right?”