24 May 2019

Garry seeks refuge in the garage
Garry lets himself into the garage office, where he sits, looking depressed;  
Colin looks again at the news item
meanwhile Colin is again looking at the news item about Britt.   
He cannot take his eyes off the screen
He stares at the screen as Dani comes into the room, and is trying to contact Garry on the phone;  she leaves a message, “Gar, phone me back, OK?   This is silly!”
"Once Izzy told him, he ran away!"
“Once Izzy told him about the body – about Britt – he ran away!” says Colin, “What am I going to tell Aaron?   I promised him that she was still alive.”   
"Britt fits Izzy's description – it's her!"
Dani points out that perhaps she is, but he replies that she fits Izzy’s description – it’s her!”
"Can't we go home, Colin?"
Aaron comes into the room and tells Colin that he wants to go home;  
"That's where Mam will go – when she's ready"
“Because that is where Mam will go, isn’t it – when she’s ready – not here?   Can we go, then?”   
"I don't see why not"
Colin can see no reason why they should not, and Aaron goes to pack.   
They look at each other
Dani and Colin look anxiously at each other.
Ed is asleep
Ed is sleeping, with his head on Kelly’s lap;  when he wakes,
"I can't remember the last time I slept properly"
he sits up and tells her, “I can’t remember the last time I slept properly.”   She knows that he had a lot on his mind, 
"Thank you for understanding – and forgiving me"
thanking Kelly for understanding;  “And for forgiving me.”
Kelly is ready to pack
She says that she will go and pack, but he has now decided that they are not going today;  she is horrified to hear this, 
"Everything we need is here"
but he says, “Everything we need is here.”   She reminds him that he was all for going to Ireland this morning.
"I have to get out of this place!"
“The more I think about it, we’re safer where we are for now,” Ed tells her, but she desperately pleads that she has to get out of this place.   “What’s the rush, Kel?” he demands, 
"You said we needed a fresh start"
and she insists that he had been saying they needed a fresh start.   
"We've got each other – what more do we need?"
He is of the opinion that they can do that where they are;  “There’s a kitchen, bathroom – and we’ve got each other – what more do we need?   I’ve made my decision, Kel – we’re staying where we are!”   Seeing her acute disappointment, he goes on, “Anyone would think you’ve got another reason.”
"I want a fresh start for the three of us"
Kelly snarls, “I want to move forward – a fresh start for the three of us.   I don’t expect to be in a cottage in the back of beyond!   Is this how things are going to be from now on?   You questioning everything?   Because trust works both ways.”   
"Do you want to hold my hand?"
She turns to walk out of the room, and he demands where she is going;  she sneers, “To the toilet – do you trust me enough to do that, or do you want to hold my hand?”   
Ed looks sheepish
Ed looks suitably sheepish.
She explores upstairs
She goes upstairs and explores some of the rooms;  
In the bedroom . . .
in the bedroom she looks out of the window
. . . the window will not open . . .
and finds that it will not open.   
. . . but she finds Ed's razor . . .
In Ed’s rucksack she discovers a razor, 
. . . and formulates a plan
and develops a plan to use it.
Sioned's slumbers are disturbed
At Penrhewl, Sioned is sleeping on the sofa, but is woken by her mother using the food mixer;  
"Do you have to, Mam?"
when Sioned protests, Eileen informs her, “I’ll show them that DJ doesn’t make the best cakes around here!   Can you look after Huwi-John while I take this over to Colin?   I don’t think it would be appropriate to have a baby there.”
"I will be chaotic for Colin the next few days"
Sioned doubts whether Colin will really want a cake, but Eileen is sure he will be grateful to have something to offer people;  “It’s going to be chaotic over the next few days.   Once the police confirm that it’s Britt’s body, people will be over there to sympathise.”
Sioned tries to block out the noise
The mixer starts up again, and Sioned tries to bury her head under a cushion.
Garry sits in the garage . . .
Garry is still sitting solemnly in the garage;  
. . . then paces around
he gets up and paces around, looking lost.   
"What am I going to do without her, Dan?"
Dani locates him, and as she comes in, he is in tears.   “What am I going to do without her, Dan?” he demands, 
Dani gives him a consoling hug
and she hugs him.
Ed responds to Kelly's cries
Upstairs in the abandoned cottage, there are screams, and Kelly shouts, “Ed!   The baby, Ed!”   He rushes up and finds her in the bedroom, apparently doubled up with pain 
"I think I'm losing the baby!"
and screaming, “I think I’m losing the baby!   I need a doctor!”   Ed is concerned when he sees her hands;  “I’m bleeding, Ed – please!” she cries.
He dismisses it as, “Probably just a bit of blood,” 
Then he sees the razor marks on her arm . . .
but as he tries to get her to her feet, she screams again;  it is then he sees the marks of the razor on her arm, 
. . . and he looks at her with loathing
and Ed’s expression becomes one of hate and disgust.
"Perhaps your Mam won't be coming home"
Aaron is very pleased to be home again, and after some hesitation, Colin tells him, “Listen, perhaps your Mam won’t be coming home – I haven’t heard anything from the police,” 
"What are you talking about, Col?"
so Aaron demands what he is talking about.   
"She might not be coming home . . . today"
Changing tack, Colin goes on, “She might not be coming home . . . today.   That’s what I’m trying to say – you do understand that, don’t you?”
"She will come home sometime, won't she?"
Aaron is relieved, but asks, “She will come home some time, won’t she?”   
Colin will get something to eat . . .
Colin will prepare something for then to eat, and Aaron goes to unpack.  
. . . but looks very apprehensive
Colin looks very apprehensive.
Garry is still brooding
Garry is again sitting, brooding, and Dani reassures him, “It’s not your fault she’s ill – 
"This has been creeping up on Britt for years"
“this has been creeping up on Britt for years, that’s what the doctor said.   It’s just that no-one realised.”
"I let Aaron deal with everything"
Garry admits, “I stuck my head in the sand, Dan – I let Aaron deal with everything.”   
"You didn't know what was going on"
She reminds him that was only because he did not know what was going on, but he insists, “It was my place to know – I should have looked after her – that’s what brothers do!   That’s my job – and what did I do?   I let a child look after his mother – 
"What sort of uncle does that make me?"
“what sort of an uncle does that make me?”
As Dani urges him not to do this to himself, he continues, “I ignored the situation, just like I always do.”   
"Aaron tried to ask me for help, and I did nothing"
She tells him that she was there too, and she did nothing;  “Aaron tried to ask me for help on his birthday, and I did nothing,” but Garry is adamant that this is his fault – he let Britt down when she needed him most.
"After everything I've done for you?"
Ed savagely bundles Kelly back into the kitchen of the abandoned house, snarling, “I thought you were losing the baby!   How could you – after everything I’ve done for you?”   
"I don't want to be here, Ed!"
She screams that she does not want to be there, and pleads that they should go.
"A fresh start – you, me and the baby"
“I meant everything I said,” she tells him, but Ed does not know what to think;  she goes on, “A fresh start, just the three of us – you, me and the baby – please, Ed!   
"You're still wearing it – 'yesterday, today and for ever'"
“You’re still wearing it – the watch – ‘today, tomorrow and for ever’ – remember?   I meant it!”
"Without you, I've got nothing!"
He assures her that he would never hurt her;  “Without you, I’ve got nothing!” but she tries to persuade him that he does have her – ‘today, tomorrow, for ever’.
He goes to hug Kelly . . .
He is overwhelmed with emotion, and goes to hug Kelly, but she viciously kicks him, making him double up with pain, 
. . . but she seizes her chance to escape . . .
and seizes her chance to escape.   
She leaves the house at top speed
She overturns the sofa on top of him and escapes, but he soon recovers and is in pursuit.
"I'm booking a flight to Portugal"
Garry is looking at the laptop, and informs Dani that he is booking a flight to Portugal;  
"Chester needs to know his mother's died"
“Chester needs to know that his mother’s died – I’ve got his girlfriend’s address – I’ll find him.”
"I can't believe you're doing this!"
“I can’t believe you’re doing this!’ exclaims Dani, but he says he is trying to do the right thing, and begs her to let him do this for Britt.   
"What if Seren and I came with you?"
“What if we came with you – Seren and me?” she suggests, but he maintains that Chester will need a lot of attention.
“What about Catrin?” she demands, and he replies that Neil and Gloria are dealing with her;  “OK, Aaron, then – you can’t just leave him!” Dani says, 
"Aaron has Colin and you"
but he points out that Aaron has Colin and Dani, and stresses that he has to do this.
Kelly runs for her life . . .
Kelly is running as fast as she can to escape Ed’s clutches, but he is gaining on her;  
. . . apparently in a disused quarry
they appear to be in a disused quarry, with sheer rock faces.   
Then she stumbles and falls
She stumbles and falls, allowing him to catch up with her.
"Why are you making this so difficult for me?"
“Why are you making this so difficult for me?” he demands;  
"Think about the baby!"
she begs him to think about their baby.   
"I just want us to be a happy family"
“I just want us to be a happy family – is that too much to ask?” he continues.
“Our baby doesn’t deserve this,” Kelly snarls, so Ed grabs her arm and instructs her that there is to be no more running away;  he just wants her to be honest with him.   He says that he loves her, 
"You're a murdering monster!"
but she screams in reply, “Well, I don’t love you – you’re a murdering monster!” 
She pushes him away from her
and she shoves him away, then shouts “Ed!”
"So Aaron doesn't know anything about it?"
Eileen has come to see Colin at the chip shop flat;  “So Aaron doesn’t know anything about this, then?” she says, “It’s best to wait for confirmation from the police, I suppose.”
"It's too much of a coincidence"
Colin is still trying to persuade himself that it is not Britt;  “There are plenty of people with brown hair, aren’t there?   And a lot of people wear grey clothes – but it makes sense – it’s too much of a coincidence.   
"Another family would have to go through all this"
“And I realise that another family – somewhere – would have to go through all this.   I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, Eileen!”
"Grief is a strange thing, Colin"
She replies that grief is a strange thing, and Colin cannot believe that he will never see Britt again.   
The police have arrived
The buzzer sounds, and Colin finds to his horror that it is the police;  DI Davies and another officer come upstairs.
"We're here to see you, Mrs Probert"
“I’m sorry, but we’re her to see you, Mrs Probert,” the DI says, “Your daughter, Sioned, told us you were here.   I’ve got bad news, unfortunately – would you like to sit down?   
"You're aware a body was found in the Glyndwr's lake . . ."
“I’m sure you’re aware that a body was found in the Glyndwr’s lake.   
". . . it was your daughter, Angela Probert"
“I’m sorry, but it’s your daughter, Angela Probert.”
"Eileen cannot believe it . . . 
Eileen cannot believe it, 
. . . neither can Colin
and Colin looks absolutely dumbfounded.
Kelly looks over the cliff edge . . .
Kelly crawls to the edge of a sheer drop in the quarry, 
. . . where Ed is clinging on
and we see that Ed has gone over the edge;  
"Help me, Kelly, please!"
he is hanging on to some vegetation, to avoid plunging to his death.   He shouts to her to help him, as he attempts to get a foothold on the cliff;  “Help me, Kelly, please!”
"Grab my hand, and I'll pull you up!"
She stretches out her hand;  “Just grab my hand and I’ll pull you up,” she tells him;  
He grasps Kelly's hand . . .
at last he manages to grasp Kelly’s hand, 
. . . but what is the fate of Ed and Kelly?
and her screams echo across the quarry as the episode draws to a close.