26 June 2019

When is Hywel going to get that knee dealt with?
Anita is hurrying across the road, and encounters Hywel, who has just learned that Tapas is up for sale;  
"I wondered if you were interested"
she confirms that she was told officially yesterday, and wonders if he is interested.   
"I thought you would want to buy it"
“I thought you would have wanted to buy it,” he replies, but she says that her money is tied up in Morawel, and taking on a restaurant is a lot to ask.
“And I’m not as young as I was,” she adds, and is about to go when he points out to her an online review of Tapas.   
"Haughty attitude and sluggish service?"
She reads, “The food was excellent, but everything was too much bother for Anita Pierce, front of house.   Her haughty attitude and sluggish service . . .” then she shrieks, “Who wrote this?”   
Hywel comments that it does not say, but the review refers to last Monday;  
"I know who's responsible for this!"
Anita is sure that she knows who is responsible, and she rushes off.
"What about Awyr Iach?"
At Bryntirion, Sara, who is gathering together cleaning materials, is unhappy to see that Jason is going out for a run;  “What about Awyr Iach?   You weren’t there yesterday either,” she moans, “I need your help.”
"I can't be in two places at the same time"
He explains that Dai needed him yesterday, and he cannot be in two places at the same time;  she demands, “Do you have to go for a run now?” and he explains he simply wants to forget about Awyr Iach for a couple of hours.   
"Oh, that's nice – I can't do that!"
“Oh, that’s nice!” she rages, “I can’t do that – there’s so much to sort out!”
"You blame me for the company's failure"
“Are you sure you want me there?” he asks, “It’s me you blame for the company’s failure.”   When she denies that he is responsible, 
"I heard you tell DJ that"
he remarks, “It’s odd that I heard you tell DJ that you do think I’m responsible – odd!”
They all peruse the review
Anita has gone to number 10, where they they are all looking at the review on the laptop;  Anita points out that it is not true that the service was sluggish, and Jaclyn describes the review as awful;  “It will put off people from coming to Tapas.”
"You should have thought of that before writing it!"
“You should have thought of that before writing it!” snarls Anita, quite convinced that Jaclyn is responsible;  despite her denials, 
"So the new owner will give you my job!"
Anita goes on, “You did that so the new owner gives you my job!”   
Brenda, meanwhile, is looking rather smug, 
"I don't want the job, Anita"
as Jaclyn declares that she does not want the job.
Anita rants on, “It’s odd that this appears on the same day that I tell you Tapas is for sale – and it refers to the evening when you all came for a meal!”
"Well, the service was poor"
Dylan points out that the service was poor, and perhaps she is angry because it is true;  Anita then shifts her suspicions to him, but he flatly denies it, 
"I know – you're all in this together!"
so she assumes that they are all in this together.   By this time, Jaclyn has become extremely angry, 
Gerwyn decides this conversation should be ended . . .
but Gerwyn emphasises to Anita that they would not do this, and if they hear anything else, she will be the first to know.  
. . . and Anita storms off
She leaves the house, growling that they have not heard the last of it, 
"She's not so sluggish now!"
and Brenda comments, “She’s not so sluggish now!”
Guto deliberately ignores Luned
Luned and three of her friends come out of the café;  Guto, who is across the road, tries to avoid her by walking into the alley.
"The new boss won't want me there!"
“The new boss of Tapas won’t want me to work there if he thinks I wrote the bad review – especially about my colleague,” wails Jaclyn, 
"She can be rather snooty"
and Gerwyn wonders if Anita has any enemies.   Brenda maintains that she can be rather snooty, but Jacqueline stresses that is no reason to post reviews like that;  “It’s cruel, especially after all her family has been through recently.”
"She has a history of bad reviews"
Brenda informs them that Anita has a history of bad reviews;  “She had some when they did Airbnb in Y Felin.”   
"It won't let me type anything"
Jaclyn proposes adding some good reviews, praising the place, but the website will not allow her to type anything.   
"You have to give it stars first – everyone knows that"
Brenda is quick to point out, “You have to give it stars first, before writing a review,” and Jaclyn demands how she knows that.   “Everyone knows that,” she angrily replies.
"Don't tell me you wrote that review!"
“Please don’t tell me that you wrote that review!” groans Gerwyn, 
"Don't say such a thing about your mother!"
and after initial denials, she insists that she was trying to help, so that Tapas’ price will come down, with the bad reviews, 
and Dylan could buy it on the cheap.   She is reminded that Dylan does not want to buy it, and Gerwyn is furious, demanding that his mother apologise to Anita.
"No way, José!   She'll evict us!"

“No way, José!   She’ll evict us!” is her response, but Gerwyn points out that she is the one who will be evicted, which is exactly what she deserves.   Jaclyn proceeds with her five star review.
"Are you considering buying it?"
In the Deri, Sara notices from what Hywel is reading that Tapas is for sale, and asks if he is considering buying it.   “I don’t know,” he replies, 
Hywel wants to invest in something
“I want to invest in something, but I’ve never owned a restaurant.”
Hywel does not fancy a struggling business
“You must have heard that I’m closing Awyr Iach – it’s a successful business, if you’re looking to invest,” she suggests, but he does not think it would be wise to invest in a struggling business.   She alleges that her circumstances at home have changed so much that Awyr Iach is not as important to her as it was.
"Can I buy you a drink?"
He appreciates what it is like when someone’s circumstances change, and asks if he can buy her a drink;  she goes to get the paperwork.
Brenda is adamant she will not apologise . . .
“I don’t care how much you shout, I’m not saying sorry!” Brenda stubbornly insists, but Gerwyn tells her she will have to, 
. . . until she is threatened with an old people's home
or he will put her in an old people’s home.   There is a knock at the door, 
"Is Guto here?"
and Luned would like to see Guto.   
The atmosphere is rather strained . . .
When he come downstairs, he is very quiet, 
. . . so the rest of the family depart
and the others decide to leave them alone;  
"That was subtle!"
Guto describes that as subtle.   Luned wants to know what is wrong, 
"Why didn't you tell me about Jake?"
and at first he insists that there is nothing, but then asks why she did not tell him about Jake.   “I’ve heard that you slept together – was he joking?”
"Yes, I did sleep with Jake . . ."
She admits that he was not, and that she has in fact slept with Jake;  “It was after a party last summer – it was a mistake – 
". . . but I didn't want to keep seeing him"
“Jake wanted us to carry on seeing each other, but I didn’t want to.   
"I don't like him – I like you!"
“I don’t like him – I like you!   But if you don’t want to be with me now I understand.”
Guto remains silent . . .
As Guto does not say anything, 
. . . so Luned is ready to go
she gets up to leave, but he tells her to stop;  
"There's something I need to tell you"
“No, stay – I don’t care if you’ve been with Jake.   There’s something I need to tell you – I haven’t been completely honest.”
"You haven't slept with Jake too, have you?"
“You haven’t slept with Jake, too, have you?” Luned jokes, 
"I haven't slept with anyone – ever"
and he confesses, very haltingly, that he has not slept with anyone – ever.   “That doesn’t matter,” she replies, understandingly.   He says that it seems to matter to Jake, 
"Stuff Jake – I wish I'd never met him!"
but she exclaims, “Stuff Jake!   I wish I’d never met him – then you and I could have been each other’s firsts.   
"Of course I still want us to go out together"
“Of course I still want us to go out together – if that’s what you want!”
Guto says that he has been an idiot, 
"It's quite cute, to be honest!"
but she regards it as quite cute, to be honest, 
They are reunited with a kiss
and he kisses her.
Anita's hostile expression
At Y Felin, Anita is looking very stern 
"Go on, say it, then!"
as Jaclyn prompts her mother-in-law to apologise;  
An extremely unconvincing apology
“I’m sorry for writing a bad review of Tapas online,” Brenda says, with a surprisingly lack of sincerity, which is noticed by Anita.   Gerwyn points out that the review has been deleted and a more favourable one replaces it.
"I hope you think twice before doing that again!"
“I hope you think twice before doing something like that again!” Anita snarls, but Gerwyn mutters that he will not hold his breath.   
"I shouldn't have accused you like that, Jaclyn"
 Anita apologises to Jaclyn, as she should not have accused her like that, 
Jacly is glad they are on better terms now
saying that they should both stick together now, so they make a good impression on the new owner.   
"Jaclyn won't have any problem making a good impression!"
Brenda is sure that Jaclyn will have no problem making a good impression;  Gerwyn makes sure his mother leaves before she makes any more derogatory comments.
Dylan discovers Jason on the seat
Dylan is out on his run when he comes across Jason, sitting on a seat beside the path, and introduces himself;  “Oh, Dylan, the local Samaritan,” Jason comments, “I heard you rescued Kelly – 
"You want to save me now, do you?"
“you want to save me now, do you?”
Dylan is about to go . . .
Dylan is ready continue his run, 
. . . but is called back by Jason
but is called back as Jason apologises;  
A photo of Sara and Ifan
he shows a photo on his phone of Sara and Ifan, remarking, “Aren’t they perfect?   We’ve lost our home and our business – 
"I don't know what she sees in me"
“and it’s my fault – it’s a miracle that I’ve still got them – I don’t know how.   “I don’t know what she sees in me!”
"Neither do I!"
“Neither do I,” says Dylan, “Perhaps it is your fault that the company folded – but how long are you going to punish yourself for it?   
"This self-pity is not going to help her"
“Your wife needs you now, so this self-pity is not going to help her.”   
"That's easier said than done"
Jason answers that it is easier said than done, 
"Come on, lets get going"
and they both continue their run together.
Sara thinks that Hywel is interested in her proposal
Sara talks up Awyr Iach;  “What do you say?   I think you’d do a great job of running the company.”   
"As I see it, Awyr Iach is worth nothing without you"
As far as Hywel can see, Awyr Iach is worth nothing without her, and she should not sell herself short.   
"I think Awyr Iach would make you very happy"
“I think Awyr Iach would make you very happy,” she predicts.
Hywel has other ideas about what would make him happy
“What would make me happy is if you had a drink with me, somewhere outside Cwmderi,” Casanova Llywelyn suggests, “You, me and a drink.”
"I'm a married woman . . ."
She is outraged at this idea, pointing out that she is a married woman, 
". . . what's wrong with you, Hywel?"
and wondering what is wrong with him;  he accuses her flirting, and laughs when she describes it as business.   “I know when someone is flirting,” he assures her, 
"Thanks, but no thanks"
and hands her back the documents.
Sara is in a tearing hurry to go home
Jason has just come into the pub, and introduces Sara to Dylan, but she just wants to go home.   
"I'll order the drinks"
Jaclyn, Brenda and Gerwyn come in, and Jaclyn orders drinks for them;  
"Tapas is a lovely place to work"
she sees Hywel looking at the details of Tapas, and maintains that it is a lovely place to work.   
"We're busy and the menu is popular"
She points out that they are quite busy, and she is working on the menu which is becoming more popular.
"Can't you stop?   I'm not in the mood!"
He rudely tells her to stop, as he is not in the mood;  he snaps, “I’m not sure if I’m going to buy Tapas!   
"Even if I did, I might turn it into flats!"
“Even if I did, I might turn it into flats!”   
He has become a thoroughly bitter and twisted old man
She understandably walks away.
Guto seems to be rapidly becoming used to it
At number 10, it appears that Guto’s kissing technique is improving, 
"I have to go – I have a history lesson"
but Luned says she has to go, as she has a history lesson, and he predicts that his family will be back before long.   “Perhaps we can get Tesni to invite me to stay over – prom night, maybe? she suggests, “But only if we’re ready – there’s no rush.”   
"That would be great!"
He agrees that would be great,
The happiest Guto has looked recently
and she leaves the house.
"What exactly happened with Hywel?"
At Bryntirion, Jason wants to know what exactly happened with Hywel;  
"Sara, please talk to me"
“I’m not stupid, Sara – please, just talk to me.”
She explains, “I really thought he was interested in buying Awyr Iach – I wasted an entire morning going through everything with him – the figures, the stock, the contracts we’ve got, but after all that, 
"He just wanted something else"
“he just wanted something else.”
Jason is persuaded not to remonstrate with Hywel 
Jason intends to go and sort out Hywel, but is dissuaded by Sara, and he admits that she is right.   
"I should have known better, Jason"
“I feel a bit of a fool, that’s all,” she says, “I should have known better after that business with Gavin.   
"I've had enough"
“I’m not trying to make you feel guilty, Jason, but I’ve had enough – it’s been one thing after another for so long!   
"I just want to be happy again!"
“I just want to be happy again.”
"We have to give it time, Sara"
Jason optimistically predicts that they will be happy, but must simply give it time.
Hywel's humour has not improved
In the Deri, Hywel is sitting at the bar, looking like thunder, and asks Dan for another pint;  
"It seems your hobby is upsetting women!"
Dylan comes across and comments, “Some men like playing football or fishing as a hobby – but it seems that your hobby is upsetting women!   First Sara, now Jaclyn.”   Hywel replies that Jaclyn was asking questions he could not answer, 
"Nobody likes bullies!"
but is told, “That’s no excuse to be nasty – no matter how much money you’ve got, nobody likes bullies!”
"All I want is peace and quiet to drink my pint"
Hywel protests that all he wants is peace and quiet to drink his pint;  
"No problem!"
“No problem!” says Dylan, and goes to rejoin his family.