24 June 2019

"I'm looking for a job, Sara"
Sara asks DJ if he wants a lift;  he replies that he is looking on the laptop for a job. “You’re still working for Awyr Iach – I need your help to pack,” she says.
"What are you going to do – sack me?"
“What are you going to do, Sara, sack me?” he demands, 
"When do I get my redundancy payment?"
then adds, “When shall I receive my redundancy payment?   The money I should get from you, by law, when I lose my job.”   
"Awyr Iach doesn't have any money!"
She points out that Awyr Iach does not have any money, and that is why they are closing;  DJ insists that he has every right to it, as he was a member of staff.
"You must have a contingency plan"
Dai suggests that she must have some plan B, or contingency, but Sara explains they spent all the contingency on trying to save the business.   
"So you fail and I have to suffer"
“So you fail and I have to suffer,” DJ concludes, “You’re married to the man responsible for this!”
She barks that he does not deserve anything and walks out of the house;  
"You need to show your family more support"
Diane tells DJ that he needs to show his family more support and watch what he is saying.   He answers that he is only telling the truth, but Dai stresses that they do not want Jason to get depressed.
“But it doesn’t matter if I get depressed!” growls DJ, 
"I don't work at Awyr Iach any more!"
“Right, I’m going to the village – I don’t work at Awyr Iach any more.”
"There were no flowers on Angela's grave"
At Maes-y-Deri, Debbie reports that she has just been to Angela’s grave, and there were no flowers on it;  “It’s so sad!” she says, but Mark reminds her that Angela was buried with Courtney.
"Would you want to be buried with me?"
“Would you want to be buried with me?” he asks, and Debbie has not thought about it;  “When you do decide, you’ll have to make a will – we must make arrangements – 
"You never know what's round the corner"
“you never know what’s around the corner, we should all have a will.”
"Mark's talking about death!"
Debbie does not want to think about it, and tells Kath what Mark has been saying;  
"Are you short of cash, then?"
“Are you short of cash, so want me to make a will?” she demands, 
"I don't care what you do with me"
“I don’t care what you do with me – as soon as I die I won’t care.”
Siôn is working in the café 
Gaynor is surprised to see Siôn working in the café, and he says that he is only helping out while Ricky is at the dentist;  
"How is Kelly after last week?"
she asks how Kelly is after last week.   “She’s full of ideas on how to revamp this place,” Siôn replies, 
"She can't move forward after only three weeks"
“But I don’t think she can move forward after only three weeks – I was still grieving three years after losing Gwen.   But then, I knew our relationship wasn’t a lie.   Kelly is bound to question it after everything that’s happened.”
"Talking about death with someone my age"
Kath is working in the kitchen at Penrhewl, and complains to Eileen, “It wasn’t very sensitive, was it, talking about death with someone my age?”   
"It's not just older people who die"
Eileen replies that it is not just older people who die, and Kath realises she has put her foot in it.
"The funeral was a chance to draw a line"
“The funeral was hard, but it was a chance to draw a line,” says Eileen, but Kath maintains that it is hard for any parent to bury their child.   “I’ll never forget Angela, but I think I can remember her now with some happiness, rather than with hurt and shame,” Eileen adds.
"She was a good friend to Mark and Debbie at one time"
Kath recalls that Angela was a good friend to Mark and Debbie at one time, and Eileen remarks that she lost her way;  “But this is how I'm going to remember her – smiling,” 
This is how Eileen wants to remember her
and she produces a photo to show Kath.
Siôn is short of change in the café 
Siôn comes into the Deri, to ask Dan if he has any change for the café;  
"I'm sorry to hear about Awyr Iach"
he tells DJ, “I’m sorry to hear about Awyr Iach – it must be a blow to you all.”   DJ groans that it is not nice being out of work when you are not to blame.   
"It's bad news for the family and the whole village"
Dai comes in, and Siôn sympathises with him, as it is bad news for the family and the whole village.
"I didn't know the café was looking for a chef"
DJ sees an advertisement on his phone;  he had not realised that the café was looking for a chef, and it comes as a surprise to Siôn.    “Perhaps I’ll try for that job,” DJ decides, 
"Kelly's not in a good place at the moment"
but Siôn warns him not to get his hopes up, as Kelly is not in a good place at the moment.   
"She's not the only one!"
“She’s not the only one,” DJ mutters.
"You can't compare Kelly's situation with yours!"
“Come off it, for heaven’s sake – you can’t compare Kelly’s situation with yours!” his father declares.   DJ points out that he has been let down, and would appreciate some more support.   “Do you really want to split this family apart?” Dai rants.
"If it was owned by anyone else, you'd be out to get them!"
“No – but if Awyr Iach was owned by anyone else, you’d be out to get them – and you know that, too!” DJ snarls, and leaves the Deri.
"It looks like we've already closed down"
At Awyr Iach, Sara says that it looks like they have already closed down;  
"Things will be easier after Friday"
once more Jason exclaims how sorry he is, but she is sure that things will be easier after they have closed the doors on Friday.   She insists that DJ does not deserve a penny of redundancy;  “He’s broken his contract by refusing to work today!”
"We have to do the right thing, Sara!"
Jason is adamant that they have to do the right thing, 
"There's not enough money, Jason"
but she informs him that even after the auction of the stock, there will not be enough money.
Someone is eavesdropping by the door
Diane is listening outside the door as he continues, “It’s important to me that I pay my debts – it’s the principle!”   
"I'll help with the payment"
Diane tells them she will help with DJ’s payment;  she does not like to see the family argue, especially over money.
"No, Mam – we'll find the money somewhere"
Jason is convinced they will find the money from somewhere, 
Sara does not know where that will be
but Sara does not know where that will be.   Diane points out that a bit more will not make much difference, 
"I don't want to see DJ having to suffer"
and she does not want to see DJ having to suffer;  “Work out how much he’s owed, and I’ll sort it.”
"I haven't seen you for a while, Kelly"
Gaynor visits Y Felin to see Kelly;  “I haven’t seen you for a while,” she rather awkwardly begins.
"I've been thinking about doing 'Bottomless Brunches'"
Kelly replies, “I’ve been thinking about doing bottomless brunches [for a set price you get a certain number of courses and unlimited alcohol] in the café, but it’s too much hassle getting a licence, 
"I could have a bistro-type thing in the evening"
“so I’ve been thinking about opening in the evenings – a bistro-type thing.   
"What do you think of these names?"
“What do you think about these names?   I’ve got Nos Caffi [Night Café], but that sounds too much like the coffee, so there might be copyright issues, then there’s Shifft Nos [Night Shift] and Stondin Swper [Supper Stall].”
Gaynor comes up with a suggestion . . .
Gaynor suggests Caffael, which means ‘obtain’, but she maintains could also mean ‘second café’, which Kelly rather likes, 
. . . with a slightly educated feel to it
considering it to be a slightly educated name.
"Don't you think it will be too much for you?"
“Don’t you think it will be too much for you, with you being pregnant?” Gaynor asks, but Kelly maintains that she feels fine.   
"Use the time to come to terms with things"
“Yes, but you’ve  been through a lot, and perhaps you should use the time before the baby comes to come to terms with things.”
"Like everyone keeps reminding me!"
“Like everyone keeps reminding me!” Kelly groans, “I’m fine – moving on.”   Gaynor keeps on, stressing that it must be difficult, as Ed was a big part of her life, and he loved her.  
"I don't want to talk about Ed, especially with you!"
“Gaynor, I really don’t want to talk about Ed, especially with you, OK?” snaps Kelly, “Thank you for calling – ta-ra!”   
"All right, then – I'll go instead!"
As Gaynor makes no immediate move to leave, Kelly instead goes upstairs.
"That's a nice photo of Courtney"
Jim comes into the kitchen at Penrhewl, and noticing the photo on the table, remarks, “That’s a nice photo of Courtney,” 
"It's Angela, actually"
but Eileen points out that it is actually Angela.   She assumes that Courtney must be on his mind as it was her birthday yesterday, 
"Why do you want a photo of her?"
but he wonders why she wants a photo of Angela.   
When he learns that she wants to put the photo up with the rest of the family, he objects, “I thought we were moving on and forgetting about her.”   
"I can't forget about her just like that!"
Eileen cannot forget about Angela just like that, but he points out that she is dead;  “I still remember little John, and Courtney,” she tells him, but he insists that Angela does not mean the same to them as those two – and he does not want her photo there.
"It's enough that her name is on Courtney's grave!'
“It’s enough that her name is on Courtney’s grave!” he rages, and walks out of the room.
"I hoped that we could have lunch together"
DJ is sitting in the Deri when the rest of the family come in;  Diane was hoping they could have lunch together.   
"We're in a position to give you £2,000 redundancy"
Sara tells him, “We’ve been looking at the accounts again, and we are in a position to give you £2,000 redundancy payment.”
"I thought you said there was no money"
DJ had been given to understand that there was no money, but Sara says there was some money put by, plus there is the auction money and the insurance payment.   Dai queries how much is in this account, but Sara is noncommittal.
"Are you paying it all, or just a percentage?"
DJ has obviously seen through this subterfuge, and asks Diane, “Are you paying it all, or just a percentage?” 
"I didn't want you to sue them"
She replies that she did not want him to sue Jason and Sara.    Surprisingly he tells her to keep the money, and forget about the redundancy.
Jason is insistent that DJ should have the money to which he is due, and assures Dai that is is only a loan, which will be paid back, every penny;  
DJ thanks them for this
DJ agrees to this.
"Are you still here?"
Kelly comes back downstairs to find Gaynor still there;  
"He loved you – he told me"
“I want you to accept that your relationship with Ed was not a lie,” Gaynor insists, “He loved you – he told me.”
"Down in Pwll Bach, after the kiss, was it?"
Kelly wonders when this was;  “Down in Pwll Bach, after the kiss?   Why are you here, Gaynor?”   She replies that she feels so guilty;  if she had not kissed Ed, Angela would not have blackmailed him, and none of this would have happened.   
"You're here to soothe your conscience"
“So you’re here to soothe your conscience,” Kelly concludes.
Gaynor had no idea of the repercussions that kiss would create, and is very sorry;  as she gets up to leave, 
"There was something wrong with Ed"
Kelly informs her, “Ed’s actions were not your fault – there was something wrong with him – he really showed his true colours.   
"He could have killed me and my baby"
“He could have killed me and my baby – so I’m glad I’ve got that realisation now.   I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do.”   
"I admire you, Kelly"
Gaynor admires her.
Kath brings Jim a cup of tea
Jim is working out in the farmyard when Kath comes to talk to him, bringing a cup of tea;  
"Dyff hurt me many times"
“You didn’t know Dyff, did you?” she asks, “He hurt me many times – it would have been easier to forget about him.”
"I don't want to think about people who hurt me"
He is clear that he does not want to think about the people who have hurt him, 
"I wouldn't have had Mark, Stacey, Ricky or Debbie"
but she emphasises, “Without Dyff, I wouldn’t have Mark and Stacey – without Mark there would be no Ricky or Debbie.”
Jim answers that it does not excuse his behaviour;  
"Angela was always trouble!"
“Angela was always trouble!” he growls, 
"You can't erase people out of your life"
but she reminds him that he cannot erase people out of his life, as that would just hurt the people left behind.   After some thought, 
"Angela was her daughter, I suppose"
he muses, “Angela was her daughter, I suppose,” and Kath returns to the farmhouse.
"We won't let you exhaust yourself"
As Gaynor is leaving Y Felin, Siôn returns;  he says that he and Anita will not let Kelly make herself ill by getting exhausted, but she answers, “It’s not up to you and Auntie Anita.”
"Until you process what happened"
He goes on that unless she processes what has happened, she will never move on, 
"I've been 'processing' for three weeks!"
but she tells him, “I’ve been processing’ for three weeks, Siôn – all you and Auntie Anita have done is go on about Ed.   I’m fed up with processing’!”   He predicts that the pain will return and it will be worse, 
"I was fine until you lectured me!"
but she maintains that she was fine until he came back and lectured her on processing’.
He protests that he knows what grief is like, 
"You don't know anything about mine!"
but she exclaims, “You don’t know anything about mine, so leave me alone!   I’ve got a baby to consider, so that’s why I have to get over it quickly.”
She receives a text from Ricky, who has to have a root canal filling on Thursday, which is convenient as that is when she intends to go back to work.   
"'Processing' over, Siôn!"
She will not to listen to anything else Siôn has to say;  “Processing’ over!” and he goes out again.
"I'm an idiot sometimes"
Eileen sits mournfully at Penrhewl;  Jim arrives in an apologetic mood.   “I’m an idiot sometimes,” he says, 
He gives her a picture of Angela 
handing her a framed picture of Angela, “We could put her next to Courtney – I want to – 
"If it hadn't been for Angela . . ."
“if it wasn’t for Angela, there would be no Courtney, no Cwmderi – I wouldn’t have met you.   No marriage, and no Huwi.   
"The least I can do is acknowledge that"
“The least I can do is acknowledge that, and the fact that you’re her mother.”
"You can have a coffin that matches your job or hobby"
At Maes-y-Deri, Mark is looking at the laptop;  “It says here that you can have a coffin that matches your job or hobby.”   Debbie does not want to be buried in a bottle of shampoo.   
"I could be in a big parcel!"
“I could be in a big parcel!” Mark suggests.
Kath has just come in, and Mark asks her if she has thought about it;  
Kath intends to write a will
she says that she now intends to write a will.   “What will it be – cremation, cryogenics, 
"Burial at sea – you like fish!"
“burial at sea?   You like fish!” Mark wonders.
“You’ll have to wait and see,” is the reply, “But I’m telling you, you’d better start saving up now!”   
Kath picks up a photo of herself with Dyff . . .
Kath picks up a photo of her and Dyff from the back of the sideboard, 
. . . and moves it to the front of the sideboard
and moves it to a place of prominence.
Sara is shifting machinery
DJ goes to Awyr Iach, where Sara is moving items of equipment;  
"I don't want your redundancy money"
he says, “Sara, I don’t want your redundancy money – we’re a family and should help each other.   I won’t be homeless, and I won’t starve either – 
"Can't say I'm looking forward to Friday"
“but I can’t say I’m looking forward to Friday.”
"This was my dream"
This had been Sara’s dream, the reason they came back from Australia;  
"It was supposed to be for Ifan's future"
“All that work – it was supposed to be for Ifan’s future, but there’s nothing that can be done.   The hole is too deep – I should have done something months ago – 
"I was too busy making sure Jason wasn't gambling"
“but I was too busy making sure Jason wasn’t gambling.   I’ve lost everything as a result.”
DJ gives her a reassuring hug . . .
DJ hugs her, 
. . . and Jason wipes a tear from his eye
and Jason, who has been listening outside the door, wipes a tear from his eye.