25 June 2019

Guto has maths revision club
At school, the bell rings, and as Guto enters the classroom, Jake is passing and comes in;  
"I want a chat with you about Luned"
he is surprised to see that Guto has maths revision club.   “I want a chat with you about Luned,” says Jake, 
He purloins Guto's bag . . .
and seizes Guto’s bag, 
. . . but is reprimanded by the teacher
but the teacher comes in and tells them both to sit down.
"Yes, Anita says Tapas is for sale"
Jaclyn receives a phone call from Anita, advising her that Tapas is, as suspected, for sale;  Gerwyn is hopeful that things will work out for her.   
"Can you help me with my hair, Mam?"
Tesni asks her mother for some help with her hair, as she wants to try something for the school prom.
Dylan has arrived again
Then there is a knock at the door, and Dylan appears unexpectedly;  he says that he is delivering the boiler he promised to Iolo, 
Jaclyn is delighted to see her brother
but it is also a chance to see them.   
"I wanted to make sure you're all right after last week"
“I wanted to make sure you were all right after last week – I didn’t want you to feel let down over this Tapas business,” he tells his sister, adding, “I’ve got meetings this week – is it all right to stay with you?”   
Tesni and Gerwyn do not look exactly enamoured by the idea
Tesni and Gerwyn do not look particularly happy about this.
Ffion and Arwen are back from school
At Cysgod y Glyn, Ffion and Arwen come in after school;  Arwen is sent to get changed before she goes to Olivia’s house, then Ffion comments to Rhys, “It’s nice to have someone to look after me.”   
"It's my favourite job in the world!'
He describes it as his favourite job in the world, and proceeds to kiss her.
"Mam!"
However, Arwen interrupts their activity;  
Ffion thinks up a plausible excuse
Ffion explains, “Uncle Rhys has done all the washing for Mam – that’s why I gave him a kiss, to say thanks,” and he maintains that washing clothes is one of his hobbies.   
"I'll get you to help me next time!" 
He warns Arwen that she might have to help him next time, then she is sent back to her bedroom to put on her long-sleeved top, as she may be playing on the trampoline.
"I think we got away with it that time"
Ffion thinks that they got away with that, but Rhys asks if it matters, as he and Arwen get on well together, and he thinks it is about time her mother told her about them.   
"No, it's a bit early!"
“No, it’s a bit early,” she replies.
While the teacher's attention is distracted . . .
As the maths revision club continues, a girl comes to the door to speak to the teacher, and Jake takes advantage, 
. . . Jake asks for Guto's evaluation of Luned
asking Guto what mark out of ten he would give to Luned.   “What do you think – don’t tell me you haven’t done it?”   
"Mind your own business!"
Guto tells him to mind his own business, but Jake continues, 
"Have you done it with any girl – or boy?"
“Have you done it with any girl – or boy?”
"Luned's dress is lush!"
As Jaclyn is styling Tesni’s hair, she is told, “Luned’s dress is lush,” and Jaclyn is glad that Guto has a girlfriend with whom to go to the prom.
"Are they – you know –sleeping together?"
“Are they – you know – sleeping together?” she asks, but Tesni does not know the answer to that.   
"I hope he's being safe"
“I hope he’s being safe – he does use . . .”   Tesni objects to this line of questioning 
"If you want to know, ask him!"
and tells her mother that if she wants to know whether Guto uses condoms, she should ask him.
Jake is cooking up something . . .
Jake, with two of his mates, sends a text message to Guto;  
. . . a link to 'Naughty Vidz'
when he sees the title, ‘Naughty Vidz’, 
"You don't want to make a fool of yourself with Luned"
and is told, “You don’t want to make a fool of yourself with Luned, do you?” Guto gets up from his desk and walks out, snarling that Jake is sick.
"We're on our own now"
“We’re on our own now,” Ffion informs Rhys, “What’s wrong?”   
"How do you really feel about us?"
He demands how she really feels about them, 
"Oh, this is about Arwen, is it?"
and she deduces that this is about Arwen again.
"How serious are you about our relationship?"
“If you’re not willing to tell her, how serious are you about our relationship?” he asks.   She reminds him that she kissed him in front of everyone last week, 
"You regret it now, do you?"
but he suspects that now she regrets it;  she denies this, pointing out that he is living here with her.   “On the sofa,” he groans.
"This is about sleeping on the sofa"
“Ah, this is what it’s about – you’re fed up with sleeping on the sofa,” she says, but he maintains he is fed up with worrying that she is not taking their relationship seriously.   When she replies that she is, he challenges her to prove it.   “By telling Arwen?” Ffion asks, and he needs to know where he stands, worried that she is not interested.
"Grow up, Rhys!"
“Grow up, Rhys!” she snaps, 
"Thank you"
and he takes this as her answer, and leaves the flat.
"I want you tom talk to Guto about sex"
Jaclyn tells Gerwyn, “I want you to talk to Guto about sex.”   She will not allow him to wait until after the meal, insisting that, “It’s important – I don’t want any disasters!”   
"I'm sure he knows all the 'ins and outs' by now"
Gerwyn is sure that Guto knows all the ‘ins and outs’ by now, but she reprimands him, “It’s not a joke – I’m sure he understands in theory, but Luned is his first girlfriend – we have to make sure!”
"I'm no good at things like that"
Gerwyn argues that he is no good at things like that, but Jaclyn is adamant, “You’re his Dad – and I had the chat with Tes.   He also needs to understand about consent.”   Gerwyn says that he will be fine as he is sensible.   
"It's impossible to have a private chat in this house"
Dylan is going out for a run, as Gerwyn stresses, “Even if I wanted to talk to Guto, it’s impossible to have a private chat in this house,” 
"Stop making excuses, Ger!"
but Jaclyn warns him to stop making excuses, and to remember that his mother lives with them, too.   Guto will be back from maths club soon, 
He is obviously not looking forward to the task
and Gerwyn does not relish the prospect.
"Why not tell Arwen?"
At the shop flat, Rhys is telling his problems to Mathew and Tesni;  “I don't understand – if she wants to be with me, why not tell Arwen?”   
Meanwhile they are trying to play a computer game
The others are trying to play a computer game, and Mathew explains that Ffion is just trying to protect Arwen, but Rhys protests that he is not going to hurt her.
"Wouldn't you be worried how it would affect Esther?"
“If your father met someone, wouldn’t you be worried how it could affect Esther?” Mathew demands;  
"It didn't do me any harm"
Rhys points out that his Dad was always meeting women when he was a boy, and it did not do him any harm.   
"You sure – living with your step-mother?"
“Are you sure?   You are living with your stepmother!” Mathew reminds him, “How do you really feel about her?”
"I've never felt like this before"
Rhys replies that he likes her a lot;  “I’ve never felt like this before, and she says nothing – but she did kiss me in front of everyone – I’m so confused!”   
"Perhaps Ffion is the one who's confused"
Mathew thinks that Ffion is the one who is confused, but Rhys is afraid she is changing her mind about him;  
"She can be really offish with me"
“Sometimes she’s great, but sometimes she can be really offish with me.”
Mathew recalls his relationship with Vicky
“When I was going out with Vicky, I was a father before I could turn round, and then when we finished, I missed Nicky as much as her,” Mathew recalls, 
"Perhaps you should finish things, before you're in too deep"
“For your own sake, perhaps you should finish things before you’re in too deep.”
Gerwyn is not happy about this
Gerwyn is dreading this moment – Guto comes in through the door, 
Guto wonders why his Dad is acting strangely
and is told, I want a word with you – 
"About this and that"
“about this and that – before you do your homework.   Come and sit down.”   
Jaclyn is listening in
Jaclyn is listening from the bottom of the stairs, as he continues, “There’s nothing wrong – I just want to have a chat about . . . 
"You've got a girlfriend now"
“well, you’ve got a girlfriend now, and I know how you young men like to be wild and enjoy yourselves . . . 
"It's a bit like using the gears in a car"
“but sometimes you need . . . to be careful.   It’s a bit like using gears in a car – if you do the right thing, you push the clutch in, change gear smoothly and everything’s great.   But if you don’t put the clutch in, what happens?”
"It makes a noise?"
Guto quizzically suggests, “It makes a noise?”   His father points out that it is because you have not used the – clutch.   If you’re not careful – 
"There are consequences"
“if you don’t use the – clutch, there are consequences.”
Jaclyn is concerned
As Jaclyn looks increasingly concerned, Guto protests that he knows he has to use the clutch, and asks if he can go now, but his father says there is more;  
"It's all right if you . . . stall"
“Right, you do understand its all right if you . . . stall?   It happens to everyone, I still stall, but its nothing to worry about.   And one more thing – your mother wants me to talk to you about consent – this is important!   
"If they say no, you're stealing the car"
Say somebody gives you permission to borrow the car – thats fine, but if they say no, you’re stealing the car.”
Jaclyn stops the motoring analogies
Jaclyn cannot stand any more this, but intervenes;  “Stop talking about cars!   Guto, I’m really sorry we have to talk about things like this, 
"You have to be careful – you have to use something"
“but you have to be careful, you have to use something, and whatever you do with your partner, she has to be happy with it – and you never force her.”
"I would never do that, Mam!"
He protests that he would not, and is anxious to get away from the, confirming that he does understand, and goes upstairs.   
They laugh about it afterwards
His parents are rather amused by their performance
"I don't want to finish with Ffion"
Rhys continues to insist, “I don’t want to finish with Ffion – she’s the best thing that’s happened to me in years – why won’t she move things along?   We’ve both fallen out with Dad – Gaynor’s giving her a hard time – and everyone’s gossiping about us.   What’s the point of all this hassle if it’s not going anywhere?”
"Her last partner was Gethin"
Mathew explains that it must be difficult for her;  “Her last partner was Gethin – imagine how hard it is for her to trust anyone.”   
"Why did she let me move in, then?"
Rhys wonders why she let him move in if she does not trust him.
"Perhaps she's willing to take a chance"
“Perhaps she’s willing to take a chance, but doesn’t want it to affect Arwen until she’s sure,” Mathew goes on, 
"It makes sense, Rhys"
and Tesni agrees that it makes sense.
"What's the problem, Guto?"
Guto is sitting at home when Dylan comes into the back door;  noticing his depressed mood, Dylan asks what is the problem.   
"Mam and Dad, talking about biology"
“If you have to know, it’s Mam and Dad,” is the answer, “Talking about biology!  Dad compared it to cars.”
"My advice is simple – don't rush it"
Dylan advises, “My advice is simple – don’t rush it.   I know you’ve got a new girlfriend now, but you’ve got to make sure she’s ready first.   I was 20 before I slept with a girl – hard to believe now, I know!   It was the right thing at the time – do what you feel is right for you and her.   
"You'll know when you're ready"
“It doesn’t matter what other people think or say – you’ll know when you’re ready.”   
"Thanks"
Guto thanks him.
"I understand you don't want to hurt Arwen"
Rhys returns to Cysgod y Glyn, and tells Ffion, “I understand you don’t want to hurt Arwen, and I understand why.   
"I'm scared it's too late"
“I’m scared it’s too late for you to forgive me.   I had no right to force you to do something you didn’t want to do – especially with Arwen.   I’m so sorry.   I don’t care how long it takes for you to tell her, 
"I'll sleep on the kitchen floor if you want"
“the only thing I care about is us two – I’ll sleep on the kitchen floor if you want!   Just please, give me another chance.”
"Sorry I told you to grow up"
Ffion smiles and apologises for telling him to grow up, 
"Walking out shows how grown up I am"
and he remarks that walking out in a temper shows how grown up he is.   
"Arwen's still at Olivia's"
“Arwen is still over at Olivia’s,” she tells him, 
Harmony is restored
and they kiss.
Guto gets two cakes from Gwen . . . 
Guto comes into the café and asks Gwen for two cakes;  
. . . then is accosted by Jake
Jake is also there, and asks him if he wants some more links.   “Why are you ignoring me?” Jake demands, but Guto simply walks away.   
"By the way, I gave her eight out of ten!"
“By the way, I gave her eight out of ten!” he goes on, 
"You've slept with her?"
and reveals that he has slept with Luned, describing her as, “Quite experienced!   
"Hope she won't be disappointed with a virgin like you!"
“I hope she won’t be disappointed with a virgin like you!”   Guto rushes out of the café.
"I do take us seriously, Rhys"
Ffion assures Rhys, “I want you to know that I do take us seriously – because you make me and Arwen happy.   
"I was scared you weren't coming back"
“When you walked out earlier, I was scared you weren’t coming back – I really didn’t want that to happen.”
"Trust me, I'll always come back"
“Trust me, I’ll always come back,” he promises her, “I know you’ve heard that before, but . . .”   
"I'll tell Arwen when the time is right"
She wants him that he must be patient with her – and that she will tell Arwen when the time is right.   
"She's busy on her iPad"
She does not hesitate from kissing him, as Arwen is busy on her iPad.

A confused Guto arrives home . . .
Guto arrives home, feeling very confused;  
. . . sends a text to Luned . . .
after some thought he gets out his phone and sends a text to Luned, 
. . . cancelling tonight's date
reading, “Can’t come – sorry.”   He tosses down the phone and slumps back in the chair.