3 June 2019

We take up the story from the last episode
We continue from the closing scene of the previous episode, with Ed dangling from the edge of the cliff, and Kelly pleading with him to grab her hand, so that she can pull him up.   “Please, Ed, try to reach me – and it will be all right!   
"You know you can do it!"
“You know you can do it – I know you can!”
When he finally manages to grasp her hand, she comes to the realisation that he is far too heavy for her to manage, and the bush to which Ed is clinging is starting to give way.   
"I can't pull you up – I'm sorry!"
Kelly is unable to pull him up and and shouts that she is sorry.
"Martha – or Twm if it's a boy"
“Martha,” Ed says quite calmly, “That’s what I wanted to call her – Martha, or Twm if it was a boy.   It’s all right – I know there’s no way back for me.   I wanted a family more than anything – and I’ve ruined it!   
"I can't let you go – I'm sorry, Kel!"
“I can’t let you go – I’m sorry, Kel!”
"I want us to be together for ever!"
Kelly realises that she is being pulled closer to the edge, but Ed refuses to let go of her hand;  
“I want us to be together, the three of us, for ever!   We’re meant to be together.”   
Kelly's piercing screams for help . . . 

As he doggedly refuses to release her hand, she screams repeatedly for help.
. . . are only noticed by this jogger . . .
It is fortuitous that a jogger is also in the quarry;  when he removes his earphones, 
. . . when he removes his earphones
he is alarmed by Kelly’s cries for help and goes to investigate.   
"Don't do this, Ed!"
He arrives as Kelly pleads with Ed not to do this, 
"I'll pull you up!"
and the stranger wants to pull them both up, but Ed shouts, “No!”
Kelly tries to free herself . . .
Kelly is still frantically trying to free herself from Ed’s grasp, but his only desire is for the stranger to leave them alone;  
. . . and at last his hand slips
then his hand slips, and he is left, supported once more only by the bush.
The stranger warns Kelly that Ed is trying to kill her, 
"It's OK – I'm so sorry!"
and Ed comes to the conclusion, “There’s no point – it’s OK, I’m so sorry,” and, 
As Kelly's screams echo across the quarry . . .
as Kelly, held securely by the jogger, screams heart-rendingly, 
. . . Ed releases his grip
he releases his grip on the bush and plummets to the quarry floor with a lethal thud.   
The scene from high above
We see an aerial view of the grisly scene.
"You can't expect me to travel to Cwmtydu every day!"
At Penrhewl, Jim is on the phone, complaining to Dai, “No, you can’t expect me to travel back and forth to Cwmtydu [near New Quay, Cardigan Bay] every day – you must be desperate!”   
The police arrive . . .
Then he is forced to end the call, as Eileen arrives, accompanied by the police;  he wants to know what is wrong, 
. . . and he thinks something has happened to Huwi-John . . . 
afraid that something has happened to young Huwi.
. . . but he is safe and sound with Sioned 
At that moment Sioned returns with Huwi, and wonders what is going on;  DI Davies says that she and the other officer will leave them alone for a moment, 
The police give the family some privacy
and retires from the room.
"The body in the lake – it was Angela!"
“The body in the lake at the Glyndwr – it was Angela!” sobs Eileen, 
"It can't be!"
and Sioned cannot believe it.   Jim thought that it was Britt, and Eileen confirms, “That was what we all thought – but Britt is still missing.”   Sioned protests that Angela said she was going to France, but apparently she never got there.
"Are the police sure?"
“The police are absolutely sure that it is Angela, but they want me to officially identify the body,” Eileen continues, 
"I need to see her, Jim"
“I need to see her, Jim.”   He insists that he will go with her.
Sioned is detailed to look after Huwi . . .
The DI re-enters the room, and Eileen insists that Sioned stay and look after Huwi-John.   
. . . and she is very concerned
She looks very concerned as the others leave the house.
Dani makes Colin a cup of tea
Dani has made a cup of tea at the chip shop flat;    
"Aaron is relieved that it's not Britt"
Colin tells her, “Aaron is upset about Angela, but he’s relieved that it was not Britt.”   
"She got news like that about her own daughter"
Dani recalls that Eileen came there to sympathise, but then got news like that about her own daughter;  “Who would do something like that, Col?”   
"We have a hope of finding her now"
He takes his jacket and is going to continue searching for Britt, arguing that they have got hope now of finding her.
Kelly opens her eyes . . .
In a hospital bed, Kelly opens her eyes, 
. . . and sees a blurred face before her
to see the blurred face of a doctor, who speaks her name;  for a moment she thinks that it is Ed.   
"What's going on. Ed?"
“What’s going on, Ed?” she asks, 
"Everything is OK, and you're safe"
but the doctor assures her, in English, that everything is OK and she is safe.
“There has been a bit of bleeding, so we need to make sure that the baby is OK,” he says.
"He's dead, isn't he?"
Kelly whimpers, “He’s dead, isn’t he?” and she cries;  
"I'm very sorry for your loss"
the doctor is very sorry for her loss, and will now get her looked at.   He will go and find a porter.
Eileen and Jim enter the mortuary . . .
Jim and Eileen are led into the mortuary, where they are to identify the body;  Eileen is already in tears, 
. . . but it is too much for Jim
and Jim cannot face it, but turns and escapes, muttering that he is sorry.   
"Yes, that's Angela!"
Eileen confirms that it is Angela, 
DI Davies puts a hand on her shoulder
and the DI places a consoling hand on her shoulder.
"We'll be in touch soon"
Elsewhere in the hospital, the jogger who came upon the scene, has given a statement to the police officer, who will be in touch soon.   
"Can I see Kelly Charles?"
Anita comes in and enquires about Kelly;  she is told that a doctor is examining her at the moment.
"She hurt her foot, and they're checking on the baby"
The jogger assures Anita that Kelly hurt her foot, and they are checking now on the baby.   He introduces himself as Dylan, and explains that he found her;  
"The bloke is dead – he was trying to kill Kelly"
“There was nothing I could do to help the bloke – he’s dead.   He tried to kill Kelly – he tried to take her with him over the cliff – I don’t know what was going on, to be honest!”
Anita is very distressed
Anita is very distressed by this news, and Dylan adds, “I’d like to know how she is – could I contact you?”   
Anita gives Dylan her phone number
Anita gives him her phone number, and anticipates that Kelly will come and stay with her.   “We live in Cwmderi,” she says, 
"I've got family in Cwmderi"
and he announces that he has family in Cwmderi, but has not seen them for ages;  he hopes that everything will be all right.
"She looked as if she was sleeping"
Jim apologises to Eileen, who confirms that it is Angela;  “She looked as if she was sleeping.”   
"Sorry, I don't know what came over me!"
He does not know what came over him, and is sorry, but she understands.
The doctor returns to Kelly and advises her, in English, that she is perfectly healthy;  
"Apart from that sprained ankle of yours"
“Apart from that sprained ankle of yours, so try not to put too much weight on it for a few days.   
"The police want to ask you some questions"
“Listen, the police are outside and they want to ask you some questions.”
"I don't want to speak to anyone at the moment"
Kelly replies that she cannot, not yet;  “I don’t want to speak to anyone at the moment.”   He closes the door of the room, and asks if she minds if he sits with her for a few minutes.   
"I've been on lates for three nights in a row"
He has been on lates for three nights in a row and could do with a break from the woman who insists on calling him ‘Big Daddy’.
"Every day is – interesting!"
“We get all sorts in here!” he says, “Every day is – interesting.   So, what about you?   What do you do?”
"Not like you – big hero, saving people's lives"
“Nothing exciting,” Kelly replies, “Not like you, anyway – big superhero, saving people’s lives – the perfect man.”   
"My wife would probably disagree on that"
He thinks that his wife would probably disagree on that;  “Come on, tell me about this job of yours, please.”
"I own a café in Cwmderi – Caffi Meic"
She answers, “I own a café, in Cwmderi – Caffi Meic.”   
"I know the one"
He says he knows the one, and she continues, “There’s this bloke that comes in every day – Dai, his name is – he owns a building company, 
"The half-portions that I apparently give him"
“and he’s always complaining about the half-portions that I apparently give him.   So, this one day I could see him coming from across the street, 
"Here we go – I'll have him!"
“and I thought, ‘Here we go – I’ll have him!’”   She laughs.
Dani is speaking to Garry in Portugal
Dani is on the phone to Garry in Portugal when Colin comes back to the flat;  
"What if she's dead somewhere, like Angela?"
“Where is she, Dani?” he says, “What if she’s dead somewhere, like Angela?”   
"Don't think like that, Colin!"
Dani instructs him that he is not to think like that.   “Perhaps there’s a connection with Britt’s disappearance,” he goes on, and then his phone sounds, 
"Hello . . . hello!"
but no-one appears to be there.
"If it's you, please say something"
“Britt, is that you?” he asks, “If it’s you, love, please say something – say you’re all right!   
"Please don't go!"
“Please don’t go.”   However, the call is terminated;  
"If it's her, she might phone back"
Dani is confident that if it was Britt, she might phone back.   
"Why didn't she say anything?"
Colin wonders why she did not say anything.
"The baby had come out by the time I woke up!"
The doctor continues with his anecdotes;  “I was out cold for seven minutes – the baby had come out by the time I woke up!”   Kelly wonders if it is like this every day, and he says he has his good days, and bad days.
"The girl had no friends, no family"
“There was a girl in the bed across from you, thirty weeks gone – she didn’t have anyone, no friends, no family.   Nobody called to see how she was doing – she barely spoke.   I found out later that she’d been living on the street.   
"She came back in a few days ago – that was a good day!"
“I had no idea what happened to her, but then, she came back in a few days ago with the baby.   She told me she’d got a part-time job –  she and the baby were doing well – that was a good day!”
"I couldn't save Ed"
Kelly whimpers, “I couldn’t save him – Ed – I couldn’t save him,” 
"We can't save them all"
and the doctor reminds her that we cannot save them all, but can only do what we can.   
“Now you need to look after yourself, and that little baby of yours,” he says;  
"Excuse me, doctor"
the door opens and a nurse comes in to speak to him.   
"The police say they must speak to you now"
Whemn he comes back in, he advises that the police are adamant they need to speak to Kelly now;  
"I don't think we can hold off Auntie Anita any longer!"
“And I don’t think we can hold off Auntie Anita any longer either!   Once you’ve spoken with them, you’re free to go home.”
"It's going to be all right"
He takes Kelly’s hand and reassures her, “It’s going to be all right.”   
"I've been worried sick about you, love!"
Anita is in tears as she comes in and hugs Kelly;  she has been worried sick.   “I didn’t know where you were or anything,” she says, as DI Davies enters the room.
"I have to ask you a few questions"
“Mrs Charles, I’m sorry, but I have to ask you a few questions,” says the DI, and the doctor nods reassuringly at Kelly as he leaves the room.
"What do you want to know?"
She looks up at Anita, and replies to the DI, “What do you want to know?”